Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How Long Does it Take to Read the Bible?

Wowza! I never knew of this code stuff in the Holy Book. Beatles' albums yes; Bible no.

That kinda stuff fascinates me.

Me too brother. When this stuff was first coming out, it was p'shawed a lot by people, but now, there's just too much of it and done in different ways that it's impossible to ignore or dismiss. Some stuff can be found in any large book by applying ELS and finding words here and there and stuff like that, but this biblical stuff, there's too dang much of it...and it's always scriptural in some way...and makes sense...so there's no way that it can be coincidence, nor can it be clever pranksters or hoaxes. This stuff is real.

I can't find it right now, but Chuck Missler did a video on one code that revealed the names of the line of David...it was 5 names I think, in chronological order of Davids linage before David was ever mentioned in the bible. Uh, Boaz, Ruth, Obed, Jesse, and David, I think?, and the exact order they were in, in their family line. (I'm not positive if I have the order right, lol. Going from memory here.) If I can find it, I'll post it. That's just, huge! I love this kind of cool spooky stuff. It validates the bible and is evidence of divine design.

He was over the top. Date setters, ugh! :shame

here's another one from Missler. It's a message hidden the genealogy of Genesis 5. Check this out.

I saw another video where someone claimed that every seventh letter in Genesis and Exodus spelled Torah, every seventh letter in Numbers and Deuteronomy spelled Torah backwards, and this pointed to Leviticus, where every seventh letter spelled YHWH. I checked, and it only works the first time in Genesis. The others don't work even once, and it doesn't work for a second spelling of Torah in Genesis.

These guys figure that most people don't know the Hebrew alphabet, so they can't check for themselves. If they do know the letters, they'll be sufficiently impressed after seeing it work once, and won't check fro more.

The TOG​

Have you counted for yourself? Not only doesn't it work twice, it doesn't even work once. Check it out if you don't believe me. You can use the video to see what the letters are supposed to look like.

The TOG​

Yeah, I did it. I'm not sure what you did wrong there brother, but you must've made a mistake or something. Maybe you miscounted or used the wrong alphabet or something (there's a few different versions of the Hebrew alphabet going around, early, middle and late), so...try it again.

And it's not every seventh letter, it's every 49, (or 7 squared). I never said it happened twice in Genesis either. Try again brother, Hebrew can be confusing (it is to me) because if you don't know the alphabet by heart you can easily miscount. Actually, the way you do it is count 49 letters and then the next letter is the one you use (the 50th) IIRC. I didn't use the video to see what the letters looked like, I googled the Hebrew alphabet.

Every Tuesday morning I attend a one-hour men's prayer breakfast and we've been reading through the Bible from beginning to end for quite some time. This morning we looked at Titus 1. When I go there today I asked if anyone knew how long it has taken us to get this far. Nobody really knew but one member has been with us for 6 years and he said when he joined our Tuesday morning group we were in Leviticus. I'm guessing we've been working on it now for about seven years and should complete it in a few months. We typically read about a chapter a week, discuss what we've read and if time permits we might take on another chapter but that doesn't with any regularity.

Here you go. Every 49th letter is in bold, starting with the first tav.

1 בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ׃

2 וְהָאָ֗רֶץ הָיְתָ֥ה תֹ֙הוּ֙ וָבֹ֔הוּ וְחֹ֖שֶׁךְ עַל־פְּנֵ֣י תְהֹ֑ום וְר֣וּחַ אֱלֹהִ֔ים מְרַחֶ֖פֶת עַל־פְּנֵ֥י הַמָּֽיִם׃

3 וַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֱלֹהִ֖ים יְהִ֣י אֹ֑ור וַֽיְהִי־אֹֽור׃

4 וַיַּ֧רְא אֱלֹהִ֛ים אֶת־הָאֹ֖ור כִּי־טֹ֑וב וַיַּבְדֵּ֣ל אֱלֹהִ֔ים בֵּ֥ין הָאֹ֖ור וּבֵ֥ין הַחֹֽשֶׁךְ׃

5 וַיִּקְרָ֨א אֱלֹהִ֤ים ׀ לָאֹור֙ יֹ֔ום וְלַחֹ֖שֶׁךְ קָ֣רָא לָ֑יְלָה וַֽיְהִי־עֶ֥רֶב וַֽיְהִי־בֹ֖קֶר יֹ֥ום אֶחָֽד׃

That's tav-vav-jud-aleph, not tav-vav-resh-hey, as the man claims. What he apparently does is count every 49th letter to get the tav and the vav, and then counts every 50th letter to get the resh and the hey.

The TOG​

There's probably not too many passages I haven't heard, but I must confess I've never read it straight through cover-to-cover. Supposing I read at an average pace, how long abouts would it take me? How long did it take you?

firstly I must ask where the notion appeared that we are to read the Bible cover to cover - it will take us forever and a day and only to have forgotten the beginning - we are in fact advised and told to search and study the scriptures to see if these things be so. - so to do that get a good cross referencing Bible and a concordance to study and search to see if these things be so - twinc

I can read pretty fast and with good comprehension (I have no idea of the WPM), but, I do think it's better to take ones time and learn and absorb it more than just trying to finish fast.

Reading it both ways is helpful. When I read it through fast a few times, I started to understand better how all of the parts fit together.

When I read it slowly, and thought about what I read, I gained better understanding of that particular Scripture.

Interesting about the letters.

Reading it both ways is helpful. When I read it through fast a few times, I started to understand better how all of the parts fit together.

When I read it slowly, and thought about what I read, I gained better understanding of that particular Scripture.

:thumbsup

A fast reading is something like "the living Bible" .. it does give one the over all picture....all though not very good for study..

Last edited:
There's probably not too many passages I haven't heard, but I must confess I've never read it straight through cover-to-cover. Supposing I read at an average pace, how long abouts would it take me? How long did it take you?
first time 9 months, second time about a year and a few months and the third time I cant remember

I agree with this. :)

firstly I must ask where the notion appeared that we are to read the Bible cover to cover - it will take us forever and a day and only to have forgotten the beginning - we are in fact advised and told to search and study the scriptures to see if these things be so. - so to do that get a good cross referencing Bible and a concordance to study and search to see if these things be so - twinc
I thought most of you had (I say that out of admiration). My mistake. Didn't mean to presume.

Last edited:

What's wrong with reading it cover to cover? :confused

Right, as someone posted, you can also listen to the Bible. You can listen in your car or while working around the house. Those hours of the audio Bible go by quickly.

And, you can listen to the audio while reading it. All three ways, reading alone, listening alone, and listening and reading yields something different.

There's lot's of good information in this thread, all is very helpful to me, thank you.

Last edited:
Right, as someone posted, you can also listen to the Bible. You can listen in your car or while working around the house. Those hours of the audio Bible go by quickly.

And, you can listen to the audio while reading it. All three ways, reading alone, listening alone, and listening and reading yields something different.

I have set the audio bible to just play and not read along with it either. Just let it speak it into the house, let it play like a radio, lol. It might be good for the house and environment. I've read that the subconscious mind picks up on it anyway even if one is not consciously listening to it. May be true, may not but it sure can't hurt.

View attachment 5367

Back