Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How Long Does it Take to Read the Bible?

That says "Interval of 50". The man in the video said that it was every 49th letter (7 squared). How can one person count every 7th letter and another person count every 50th letter and end up with the exact same letters? They are both being dishonest. You can look at the text in my last post and count for yourself. You have to count both every 49th letter (for the tav and the vav) and every 50th letter (for the resh and the hey) to spell "Torah" this way. If you allow for variations of +/- one or two letters, you can get whatever you want, but then it's not an "equidistant letter sequence".

The TOG​

You can do the bible in 90 days plan - you can find the plan online or there is even a special copy of the bible that guides you through it. You don't want to always read it through so fast but its kind of fun to do it once. And you would be surprised in that each days reading is not overwhelming. Then there is the read it in a year plan. The most important thing though is to read it regularly (daily).

I have my own system.

My Bible is bookmarked in 4 books.

The first bookmark began in the OT. I have read up to Judges.

The second bookmark is in the book of Job.

The third is in Psalms.

The fourth is in the Gospels.

Every time I read the Bible I read 4 chapters, one from each bookmark category.

I received it from Matthew in 2012. Sometimes I am very consistent about reading, other times I can go quite a long time not reading. I have read the book of Job at least 3 times now. I have read the Psalms all the way through once. I am in John of the Gospels.

It works well for me. The last time I read through the whole Bible I was 17. So its been quite awhile.

I have my own system.

My Bible is bookmarked in 4 books.

The first bookmark began in the OT. I have read up to Judges.

The second bookmark is in the book of Job.

The third is in Psalms.

The fourth is in the Gospels.

Every time I read the Bible I read 4 chapters, one from each bookmark category.

I received it from Matthew in 2012. Sometimes I am very consistent about reading, other times I can go quite a long time not reading. I have read the book of Job at least 3 times now. I have read the Psalms all the way through once. I am in John of the Gospels.

It works well for me. The last time I read through the whole Bible I was 17. So its been quite awhile.

good for you - hopefully but have you done what is required viz study and search the scriptures to see if these things be so - do you accept what Moses wrote - twinc

Im a little confused?

I am happy with what I read. Right now I am studying the fear of God and am memorizing Scriptures. Is that's what you mean?

It took me about a month to read the whole new testament. I could have read the old testament in a few months, but in all it took me 2-3 years to read everything except for 2 Chronicles. And maybe a few psalms. Maybe I have a minor prophet left. But now, as I endeavor to read the rest, I contemplate that it's not just about finishing everything. But taking everything and letting it change every fabric of your being, for food transform your physical nature. But God's word is food which nourishes mind, soul, and body. Jesus is the bread of life, the water which shall quench your thirst. This is why Jesus said "man must not live on food alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" when he fasted and the devil told him to turn the stones into bread. The bread only satisfies the flesh, but it is not needed. God's word is needed, for he is the source of life. The word of God is a lamp to your feet. It gives you faith. And to have faith in God is to receive daily transformation, and protection, and blessing. Cranberries detox you from toxins, but the Yahweh will detox you from from every toxic sin. So eat everything on your plate. You need all your nutrients. Know the word, that you may have an answer for everything, as written in the epistles. An apple may clean your teeth, but God gives your mouth the mechanics to speak grace, mercy, light, and love (Exodus 4:10-12, Luke 21:15 KJV). You can eat healthy and exercise, but it's God that gives profit and gives growth.

"For bodily exercise profits for a little while: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:8
Know the bible to the best of your abilities. Seek God's guidance to bestow understanding to your whole being and the strength to read everything he wants you to read. To just dwell on knowledge puffs up, but to have no knowledge is destruction to yourself as a child of the Most High. (Hosea 4:6, 1 Corinthians 8:1). Ask God for strength that you may not slack. Ecclesiastes 3 says there is a time for everything. So then there must be a time to read, a time to teach, a time to listen, a time to think, meditate, and a time to be still.

I saw a guy, I think his name was Stephen Dollins, exposing the occult. He pulled out his bible. He said always have your sword with you.

I know a lady who says that when she first started getting curious about the Bible, she looked at it and thought to herself "It's only a couple thousand pages. I can read it in 2 weeks". She did, and she became a Christian.

The TOG​

Reading paces vary. I used to be able to read the NT once per month when I was younger. The OT once every 3 months.

Some people have the ability to read thousands of pages per week, while people with mild strabismus or some such can only read a couple of paragraphs per day before they get headaches. May the Lord grant us the ability to read His Word.

How long does it take to read the Bible? Reading the way Ricko suggests, first with a telescope and then with a microscope, took our Bible Study group three years to read, meeting for two hours once a week for 30 weeks a year.

How long does it take to learn to live by God's word? A lifetime.

Back