Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How many “churches” are there?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
A church is an assembly.
7 assemblies were mentioned ,not one
But read it and it says:

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Thee one true church in each location

One church singular
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:17
Matt 18:18
Jn 10:16
1 cor 12:12
1 Tim 3:15

Thanks

But read it and it says:

Rev 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

One church singular

Thanks
The naming used by the Lord was each body of believers per their location.

But read it and it says:

One church singular

Thanks
Each church on Earth is separate, and local Jesus is the head believers of the body. Each one has pastor's and Deacon's assign to it. Call to it, not people dressing up in old test of a paraphernalia. Not people making believe they have apostolic succession. And by the teaching that they offer , the only apostolic succession they have is from Judas.

Each church on Earth is separate, and local Jesus is the head believers of the body. Each one has pastor's and Deacon's assign to it. Call to it, not people dressing up in old test of a paraphernalia. Not people making believe they have apostolic succession. And by the teaching that they offer , the only apostolic succession they have is from Judas.
Was Judas not a valid apostle?

The Bible tells us that there is only ONE body. Eph 4. And that the body is the church so the Bible tells us that there is only ONE church. So why do I see a different “church” on about every corner in America? Did God start all of these “churches”? He said there was one!
The key is....how can a person identify the one true church of God. The one he built. The one he purchased with his own blood. Ac 20:28. You can identify the church the same way you can identify anything else. By its description. If someone stole your car and you wanted the police to find it they would ask you to describe it. You would then give them the make, model, color, license plate, any stickers or other dents or identifying marks. They then can know EXACTLY what to look for. Why can’t we do the same thing with the church?
Let’s try and start with Origin. Jesus said he would build his church. Mt 16:19.
1. When did Jesus build HIS church? It belongs to him and no one else.
We will look this up in the next post.
Hello Cnkw3, Amen,

When referring to local congregations in a collective sense, but not in general, Scripture uses the term “the Churches of God,” as in the following three verses:
  1. “…we have no such custom, neither the Churches of God” (I Cor. 11:16).
  2. “For you, brethren, became followers of the Churches of God…” (I Thes. 2:14).
  3. “So that we ourselves glory in you in the Churches of God…” (II Thes. 1:4).
Christ is the Head of the Church (Eph. 1:22; 4:15; 5:23; Col. 1:18). This is why Paul, in Romans 16:16, also referred to various congregations as “the Churches of Christ.” But the Church is kept in the name of the Father: “…keep through Your own name those whom you have given Me, that they may be one, as we are” (John 17:11).
Christ said, “I will build My CHURCH…” (Matt. 16:18). There is only one true Church of God, and the above scriptures prove the name by which it is known. Therefore, any congregations or denominations not having this name cannot be God’s true Church. And of those having the correct name, the true Church of God is the one that obeys all of God’s laws, including the Ten Commandments.

Love, Walter And Debbie

He was the Son of perdition, ordained to be so. Psa41:
9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
He was still an apostle with the valid office of apostle

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Now Mathias is a valid apostle
Apostolic succession

26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

The Bible tells us that there is only ONE body. Eph 4. And that the body is the church so the Bible tells us that there is only ONE church. So why do I see a different “church” on about every corner in America? Did God start all of these “churches”? He said there was one!
The key is....how can a person identify the one true church of God. The one he built. The one he purchased with his own blood. Ac 20:28. You can identify the church the same way you can identify anything else. By its description. If someone stole your car and you wanted the police to find it they would ask you to describe it. You would then give them the make, model, color, license plate, any stickers or other dents or identifying marks. They then can know EXACTLY what to look for. Why can’t we do the same thing with the church?
Let’s try and start with Origin. Jesus said he would build his church. Mt 16:19.
1. When did Jesus build HIS church? It belongs to him and no one else.
We will look this up in the next post.
Everyone who has received the Holy Spirit is part of the body of Christ, whatever their denomination.

Everyone who has received the Holy Spirit is part of the body of Christ, whatever their denomination.
Scripture has no denominations only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors

How does one receive the Holy Spirit?

Thanks

You are confusing the church with a church building that is of a denomination.

The church is the body of Christ, universal.

Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. And God has appointed these in the church:… 1 Corinthians 12:27-28

Each person is a member of the church; the body of Christ

Each city according to scripture, has a church that gathers there.
Not many different church denominations in a city, but one church that gathers in a city.

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write…
Revelation 3:7

JLB
Good morning JLB, How are you all? Great post,

Love, Walter

There is only ONE Church (Greek: "ekkesia" "called out [ones].")
There is only ONE Church of "called out [ones]" and they were called out of Egypt.
Israel is the true Church.

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Ex. 20:2.

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. Mt. 2:15.

They were called the "Great Congregation" in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation:
I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
Ps. 22:25.

8 Also at the same time Solomon kept the feast seven days, and all Israel with him, a very great congregation, from the entering in of Hamath unto the river of Egypt.
2 Chron. 7:7–8.

The covenants and all the promises of covenant and prophecy were given to Israel.

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom. 9:3–4.

Gentiles are grafted into the natural branches which again is Israel.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou [Gentiles], being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Rom. 11:17–18.

21 For if God spared not the natural branches [Israel], take heed lest he also spare not thee. Rom. 11:21.

There is only ONE Church (Greek: "ekkesia" "called out [ones].")
There is only ONE Church of "called out [ones]" and they were called out of Egypt.
Israel is the true Church.

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Ex. 20:2.

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. Mt. 2:15.

They were called the "Great Congregation" in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle.

25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation:
I will pay my vows before them that fear him.
Ps. 22:25.

8 Also at the same time Solomon kept the feast seven days, and all Israel with him, a very great congregation, from the entering in of Hamath unto the river of Egypt.
2 Chron. 7:7–8.

The covenants and all the promises of covenant and prophecy were given to Israel.

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom. 9:3–4.

Gentiles are grafted into the natural branches which again is Israel.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou [Gentiles], being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Rom. 11:17–18.

21 For if God spared not the natural branches [Israel], take heed lest he also spare not thee. Rom. 11:21.
The Jews rejected Christ and he has rejected them!
2 Tim 2:12 deny him and he will deny you
Matt 21:43 kingdom taken from them
Matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Gal 4:
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Thanks

The Jews rejected Christ and he has rejected them!
2 Tim 2:12 deny him and he will deny you
Matt 21:43 kingdom taken from them
Matt 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Gal 4:
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Thanks
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers’ sakes.
29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all. Rom. 11:25–32.

Spend some time with this and let it sink in.

Back