Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How To Idenify FALSE Teachers!

Kidron--Read Jn.3 again---Nicodemus did not understand it and made the same mistake many make today.

A false teacher is anyone who does not teach from the life of Christ. A true teacher is moved to speak by the Holy Spirit.

Truth!

A false teacher preaches for ulterior motives, though he may not even know it. It may be, truly, that he himself was led astray by a false teacher, but down in his heart the truth lives, as it lives in all men (for this is the cause of guilt and shame). I just pray that those who live and preach falsely out of a sense of right and good are shown the error of their ways and come to know the truth in their heart and to know that Christ loves them even yet!

Cassian,

You were "born of the water" when you were being birthed from your mother's birth canal.
Even Nicodemus understood this in John 3:4, and he was a lot more familiar
with a Jewish water baptism ritual then we are...
However, its up to Christians to misread the verse, misunderstand the text, and then twist it as you have.

K
if it is twisted, it has been twisted from the beginning. I can find no historical reference that the water in John 3:5 refers to the womb. In every baptism statment, explanation given for 1500 years before the reformation it is ALWAYS refered to as baptism. If you can prove otherwise, have at it.

A false teacher is anyone who does not teach from the life of Christ. A true teacher is moved to speak by the Holy Spirit.
so which is the true Gospel?

Every sola scripturists I have known makes the claim of being directed by the Holy Spirit. So within the sola scriptura, protestant melieu which teachings is true and which is false?

In the nut-shell the false teacher is identified by the scripture and their attitude. Jesus put it this way in Jn.4: spirit and the truth.

which leaves Christ's Church and Christianity as a false gospel. Didn't Christ say that He is the ONLY way, one cannot see His Kingdom unless he is born of the water and the Spirit? His Kingdom is His Church, His Body.

Tossing out Christ's church does not have one in Christ! It takes both. Read Isa. 5:1-7, & zero in on... that Christ does have a Vinyard Church [HOUSE] ibid. 7. Note Eph. 4:5's one faith.

And one more? Matt. 18 (In Christ's Words!)

[15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
[16] But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
[17] And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

[18] Verily I say unto you, [[Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven]].

And if the Church [are all] in apostasy? we find Rev. 2:5 & Matt. 23:38 applied!
But yes, these Remnant of Rev. 12:17 are even identified, and are Christ's Faithful Remnant Church when He comes again. (compare Rev. 3:10!)

--Elijah

Tossing out Christ's church does not have one in Christ! It takes both. Read Isa. 5:1-7, & zero in on... that Christ does have a Vinyard Church [HOUSE] ibid. 7. Note Eph. 4:5's one faith.

And one more? Matt. 18 (In Christ's Words!)

[15] Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
[16] But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
[17] And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

[18] Verily I say unto you, [[Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven]].

And if the Church [are all] in apostasy? we find Rev. 2:5 & Matt. 23:38 applied!
But yes, these Remnant of Rev. 12:17 are even identified, and are Christ's Faithful Remnant Church when He comes again. (compare Rev. 3:10!)

--Elijah
How does this determine false teachers?

In the nut-shell the false teacher is identified by the scripture and their attitude. Jesus put it this way in Jn.4: spirit and the truth.
Which does not answer the question.

If all are based ons scripture which they are, and all claim to be truth and inspired by the Holy Spirit, how do you know one from another?

Cassian---By "rightly dividing the word of truth" as Paul said, II Tim.2:15. The "word of truth" is the scripture.

Cassian---By "rightly dividing the word of truth" as Paul said, II Tim.2:15. The "word of truth" is the scripture.
and everyone claims they are rightly dividing the truth. Joseph Smith did, Eddy and Russell did, John Calvin did, Luther did, Knox did, Wesley, and many others. All are going to make the same claim, so how do you know which is correct?

Cassian---Yes, they all made claims of following the scripture and of course they are not alone in that. Thats what Paul meant by "rightly dividing the word of truth." Satan used scripture against Jesus, remember? Yet it must be agreed Satan didn't use it correctly. Same thing happens today. If not, why not?

How does this determine false teachers?

James 2:10, 1 John 2:4, Isa. 8:20 finds these all in Rev. 17:1-5 in open sin. Which is 1 John 3:15 identified.

James 2
[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
[11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
[12] So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Isa. 8
[20] To the law and to the testimony: [[if they speak not according to this word]], it is because there is no light in them.

Rev. 17
[1] And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

1 John 3
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

--Elijah

James 2:10, 1 John 2:4, Isa. 8:20 finds these all in Rev. 17:1-5 in open sin. Which is 1 John 3:15 identified.

James 2
[10] For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
[11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
[12] So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

Isa. 8
[20] To the law and to the testimony: [[if they speak not according to this word]], it is because there is no light in them.

Rev. 17
[1] And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

1 John 3
[4] Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

--Elijah
I completely fail to understand what all this has to do with determining false teachers?

I completely fail to understand what all this has to do with determining false teachers?

Huh?? OK: 'i' will just jump in betwee my post & see if it helps you??? (Elijah)
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674

James 2

(anyone teaching antichrist 'against' His Word above are false teacher's! Got that? We even find there that this ten Commandment Law will be our judge one way or the other to what we teach. And in Eccl. 12:13-14 we find that this is the CONCLUSION of the whole matter!)

Isa. 8

(The Law is the first test of any teaching to be accepted or rejected. God Himself wrote His Law & re/wrote it in the Born Again heart. And then we find the Bible as the Testimony for this Truth. All of it! Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16. If it goes against Christ Word's as an whole, the teacher is identified as false! Please read! Isa. 28:9-10)

Rev. 17

(these ones are documented as such because of these Truths! Which make them 'false teachers')

1 John 3

(and this verse is in the N.T. or as these above ones all above teach, are recorded as the New Covennt, & still DOCUMENTS that any time one breaks the 10 Commadment Law, they are once again right back CONDEMNED of Sin.)

--Elijah

Christ died to save us from sin, not IN sin as many teach... who are IDENTIFIED as false teachers. Even note what Christ told Peter in 22:32 'after thou art converted, ..'

Huh?? OK: 'i' will just jump in betwee my post & see if it helps you??? (Elijah)
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Elijah674

James 2

(anyone teaching antichrist 'against' His Word above are false teacher's! Got that? We even find there that this ten Commandment Law will be our judge one way or the other to what we teach. And in Eccl. 12:13-14 we find that this is the CONCLUSION of the whole matter!)

Isa. 8

(The Law is the first test of any teaching to be accepted or rejected. God Himself wrote His Law & re/wrote it in the Born Again heart. And then we find the Bible as the Testimony for this Truth. All of it! Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16. If it goes against Christ Word's as an whole, the teacher is identified as false! Please read! Isa. 28:9-10)

Rev. 17

(these ones are documented as such because of these Truths! Which make them 'false teachers')

1 John 3

(and this verse is in the N.T. or as these above ones all above teach, are recorded as the New Covennt, & still DOCUMENTS that any time one breaks the 10 Commadment Law, they are once again right back CONDEMNED of Sin.)

--Elijah

Christ died to save us from sin, not IN sin as many teach... who are IDENTIFIED as false teachers. Even note what Christ told Peter in 22:32 'after thou art converted, ..'

I don't see any test here. You are quoting scripture, but scripture is open to interpretation. All you need to do is roam through forums and see all the interpretations of scripture. Some on the same topics and we can have many variations of that concept or text(s).

We already know that Mormons use scripture, Jehovah Witnesses, Scientologists, besides all the denominations who have differing interpretation on most of scripture.

So, how do you determine what is false and what is true? It cannot be scripture.

I am a firm believer in Matt. 4:4 + 2 Tim. 3:16 Truth along with 'peoples' heavily weighed postings of good or bad as 'i' see it, regardless of it being me or others. So I try to practice Titus 3:9-11. And when it can go no further other than Vain or a couple of 'scriptural' postings of God's WORD?? I try to just leave it at that. And it does seems that 'i' am at a dead end.:chin

--Elijah

If not by scripture and one's attitude, then by what standard do you identify false teachers???

Historically from the beginning, the Church has always used the rule of faith.
Christ gave, via the Holy Spirit, God's revelation to man. Christ established His Church to whom that Gospel was entrusted and put Himself as Head of that Church, which is animated by the Holy Spirit.

When false teachings have sprouted, they relied upon "what was given in the beginning, believed by all, everywhere. Scripture has meaning, has maintained the same meaning from the beginning.

Consequently, man has never been able to impose some new, innovative theory or idea upon Christ's Gospel. The first serious threat from within the Church was Arius dealing with the Trinity. Arius used scripture, in fact, he could be called a sola scripturists. He used his own personal interpretation but was refuted because the experience of the Church had never believed as He was stating. The Church used scripture, but as it had always meant, not sola scripture.

Scripture was born out of the Holy Tradition and experience of the Early Church. They cannot be separated, each supports the other. The Holy Spirit has proven historically that He has kept His promise to guard and preserve Christ's Gospel, given once to the saints,

Then arn't you saying in effect that the scripture is the final source of authority? Many use scripture but not properly divide it "rightly" as Paul said must be done. Even Satan used scripture, but out of context, not "rightly dividing" it.

Again I ask, if the scripture is not the rule, then what is?

Back