Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How To Idenify FALSE Teachers!

smaller,

I'll not be bowing to your groups construct of Christ, no. I hate to disappoint you but neither you or they in all their pomp and ceremony are God in Christ. If you believe God in Christ is assuaged by patting your forehead with holy water and making the sign of the cross and genuflecting before icons you just knock yourselves out. I am not about to condemn you for your practices of faith.
of course you would not bow to Christ, however there will be a day that you will. At this point you are much more into yourself and your own tradition than what Christ has provided for all men. I understand the need to rationalize scripture and Christ as He revealed Himself in order to elevate yourself. Man has been doing this since Adam.

If that works for you, so be it.

When are you going to see that you have nothing more than the constructs of fallible men? That is in fact the idol you bow to in heart. I don't and won't bow to such nonsense as it's NOT THE TRUTH. Just another substitute claim.
YOu really do want to blaspheme Christ and the Holy Spirit. YOu so reject them that you refer them as fallible men. Then you elevate yourself as infallible man to create your own faith, as I assume you are a man. YOu have put yourself as your own idol. How quaint.

Which leaves you with your own substitute, yourself as the infallible man. YOu think you have left the RCC but you have inherited the doctrine of infallibility for individual man. What has changed?

Your man group demands that everyone who doesn't believe like you is possibly going to burn alive forever. I sincerely hope you all get a taste of your own medicine. I'm sure it will cure you quickly.
Have you read scripture lately. Christ is the ONLY way. It's His way as He has revealed Himself. It is not man's way as an adaptation to a text. I would then presume Christ was not really sincere about the Pharisees. They, and all of Isreal is just as saved as any other person.

What you are saying is that there is no such thing as false teaching. YOu think it is hate if one would point out a false teaching. Love must tolerate everyone elses view, since any faith is of ones own conscience. YOu have essentially ended any reason to even witness in any form since you cannot impose any alternative view to any other person. I think Satan just loves your philosophy. As long as He can keep everyone divided and especially individualized he has won the war. It essentially ends any threat for any unity of one faith.

smaller,

of course you would not bow to Christ,

You and your sect are not God in Christ regardless of any and all your claims.

If you bought into that story, I hope 'they' save you but then again...

however there will be a day that you will.

I see. But you are already bowing? Is this your claim now?

There is only One Name, One Lord and One Savior. His name isn't cassian nor is His Name 'eastern orthodox.'

At this point you are much more into yourself and your own tradition than what Christ has provided for all men. I understand the need to rationalize scripture and Christ as He revealed Himself in order to elevate yourself. Man has been doing this since Adam.

God provided His Son. You can continue to claim 'they' are Him. I will disagree on the obvious basis that 'they' aren't.

YOu really do want to blaspheme Christ and the Holy Spirit. YOu so reject them that you refer them as fallible men. Then you elevate yourself as infallible man to create your own faith, as I assume you are a man. YOu have put yourself as your own idol. How quaint.

I don't bow to false claimers of them alone being Jesus or 'The Savior' no.

Which leaves you with your own substitute, yourself as the infallible man. YOu think you have left the RCC but you have inherited the doctrine of infallibility for individual man. What has changed?

I don't claim to be Jesus or anyone's Savior.
That entire effort will remain vain in my eyes and the efforts of vain men.

Have you read scripture lately. Christ is the ONLY way. It's His way as He has revealed Himself. It is not man's way as an adaptation to a text. I would then presume Christ was not really sincere about the Pharisees. They, and all of Isreal is just as saved as any other person.

That's right. And neither you or your sect is Him. Sorry to have to inform you of the obvious.

What you are saying is that there is no such thing as false teaching.

Oh, there's plenty of that. All kinds of 'believers?' and 'sects' claim others must bow only to them and their group as Jesus in order to be saved. Your sect is no different in this respect. Not one bit different than any other false claimers.

YOu think it is hate if one would point out a false teaching. Love must tolerate everyone elses view, since any faith is of ones own conscience.

Yeah, I tend to lean toward 'fruit' to perceive who may really know Him. Those who want to burn other believers alive in fire for not bowing to them alone will remain of the anti-fruit kind to me. And that is pretty much what they made you into as well.

YOu have essentially ended any reason to even witness in any form since you cannot impose any alternative view to any other person. I think Satan just loves your philosophy. As long as He can keep everyone divided and especially individualized he has won the war. It essentially ends any threat for any unity of one faith.

I won't be engaging in your fantasy, no. Love does just fine in my heart. Got any?

"Love' to you has been reduced to a set of formulas, incantations, understandings and ritual practices done under a roof by fallible men dressed in fancy little robes and impressive hats in front of others so they can all see each others and think how utterly wonderful their whole deal is and then they can condemn everyone else for not 'doing like they do.'

To me that last part is just a very bad joke masquerading as faith.

But I certainly don't condemn you for it. There is the essence of our difference.

s

smaller,

You and your sect are not God in Christ regardless of any and all your claims.

If you bought into that story, I hope 'they' save you but then again...
which is your opinion, but has no historical evidence to support it. You are clearly a modern man who sincerely believes in his own intellect to develop a form of faith suitable for yourself. It is totally irrelevant to any Gospel of Christ and historical Christianity from the beginning.

Actually if you believe that Christ is head of a sect, that the Church He founded no longer exists and the Gospel is for ancients and not for modern man, then I would also go along with you that your best bet is oneself. Why not, what other best option would there be.

I see. But you are already bowing? Is this your claim now?

There is only One Name, One Lord and One Savior. His name isn't cassian nor is His Name 'eastern orthodox.'
and there is ONLY one Church, His Church of which He is Head, that He established in this world. NO one is forcing you to accept that Gospel Truth, you are certainly no different than any other person. Man has rejected Christ as He has revealed Himself for many other substitutes even copies of the real Christ.

God provided His Son. You can continue to claim 'they' are Him. I will disagree on the obvious basis that 'they' aren't.
Which makes it possible to establish your own kingdom. YOu truly are you own man, and have built a grand mansion of your own tradition.

YOur response.....

That's right. And neither you or your sect is Him. Sorry to have to inform you of the obvious.
Ah, so you are a new form of Universalism. What one beleives is immaterial, since all will be saved anyway. It is becoming quite clear.
What you are saying is that there is no such thing as false teaching.

YOur response.....

Oh, there's plenty of that. All kinds of 'believers?' and 'sects' claim others must bow only to them and their group as Jesus in order to be saved. Your sect is no different in this respect. Not one bit different than any other false claimers.
NOw we are getting down to the OP, finally. So any group is a false teacher if they attempt to influence any others of their view. ONLy individuals who are not groups, are correct, because they don't try to influence others to believe as they do. Their goal is to tolerate all beliefs as fair and equal, since it does not really matter anyway. Everyone is going to be saved in spite of what they believe. Kinda makes Christ's sacrifice null and void.

YOu think it is hate if one would point out a false teaching. Love must tolerate everyone elses view, since any faith is of ones own conscience.

YOur response.....

Yeah, I tend to lean toward 'fruit' to perceive who may really know Him. Those who want to burn other believers alive in fire for not bowing to them alone will remain of the anti-fruit kind to me. And that is pretty much what they made you into as well.

Of course, I'm sure you have developed your own list of fruits as well. So then you are no different than any other in spite of what you are saying. You have set yourself up as the infallible guidepost and everyone must do as you do, or else they are false because they do not measure up to your standard.

You have developed a very secure system for yourself.

I won't be engaging in your fantasy, no. Love does just fine in my heart. Got any?
"Love' to you has been reduced to a set of formulas, incantations, understandings and ritual practices done under a roof by fallible men dressed in fancy little robes and impressive hats in front of others so they can all see each others and think how utterly wonderful their whole deal is and then they can condemn everyone else for not 'doing like they do.'
To me that last part is just a very bad joke masquerading as faith.
But I certainly don't condemn you for it. There is the essence of our difference.
yes, it is. I'll stick to Christ and His Church, His way, not my way. A Gospel for the masses, not just one person.

At least we got your test for false teachings. The only problem is that it is only for one, and not a universal test. If each person employs the same test, we are right back to the OP in that there is no current test for false teachings.
which brings us back to the OP, no one can really identify false teachings.

The standard seems to be that each person believes what He desires, and all others are actually false because they are not his own. But one must tolerate other views just because they are personal interpretations. It seems important that one just believe something, and maybe at least it is based on ones own interpretation of a book called the Bible.

smaller,
which is your opinion, but has no historical evidence to support it.

That's funny. You have historical evidence that your sect is in fact God in Christ? This ought to be great fun.

You are clearly a modern man who sincerely believes in his own intellect to develop a form of faith suitable for yourself. It is totally irrelevant to any Gospel of Christ and historical Christianity from the beginning.

Why do you seek to belittle my faith in Christ? Nobody in your sect died on the cross for me.

Actually if you believe that Christ is head of a sect, that the Church He founded no longer exists and the Gospel is for ancients and not for modern man, then I would also go along with you that your best bet is oneself. Why not, what other best option would there be.

God in Christ is the only Head of His Body.

and there is ONLY one Church, His Church of which He is Head, that He established in this world. NO one is forcing you to accept that Gospel Truth, you are certainly no different than any other person. Man has rejected Christ as He has revealed Himself for many other substitutes even copies of the real Christ.

That supposed Gospel truth that the EO is the head of the body?

Fat chance. That's part of the problem with tradition and it's adherents. They mistake the body for the Head. And are quite delusional in that sight, so much so that that particular subjective and replacement head wants to burn all other believers alive forever in fire.

That ought to tell any objective believer to steer clear and avoid. And also what is really 'in that pseudo head.'

Which makes it possible to establish your own kingdom. YOu truly are you own man, and have built a grand mansion of your own tradition.

Quite sure God in Christ is fully capable of taking care of His Own Kingdom.

Ah, so you are a new form of Universalism. What one beleives is immaterial, since all will be saved anyway. It is becoming quite clear.

Yeah, I'm one of those dangerous people who actually loves other believers as myself. Even you regardless of the delusional grandeur.

I know God in Christ will save you anyway. In your group you really don't even know that you're saved. Only that you might be.

NOw we are getting down to the OP, finally. So any group is a false teacher if they attempt to influence any others of their view.

If we loved one another then we would not seek to burn each other alive in fire would we? That effort on your part tells me all I need to know in one simple and easy lesson that the Head Provided.

ONLy individuals who are not groups, are correct, because they don't try to influence others to believe as they do.

Any believer who loves other believers is on the right track and the only track available. If your sect wants to burn other believers alive over four words, that again tells me how far your sects faith has fallen away.
Their goal is to tolerate all beliefs as fair and equal, since it does not really matter anyway. Everyone is going to be saved in spite of what they believe. Kinda makes Christ's sacrifice null and void.

It's only a matter of priority. I'd say the same of any sect. When their priority steps off the ground of love to other believers, they are in fact presently lost. I believe God in Christ will save them regardless of their present blinding by the enemy of our faith.
Of course, I'm sure you have developed your own list of fruits as well. So then you are no different than any other in spite of what you are saying. You have set yourself up as the infallible guidepost and everyone must do as you do, or else they are false because they do not measure up to your standard.

All spiritual fruit is rooted and grounded in Love.
You have developed a very secure system for yourself.

Yes, I have found no fault in love.
yes, it is. I'll stick to Christ and His Church, His way, not my way. A Gospel for the masses, not just one person.

That's funny. A gospel that on it's face seeks to burn other believers alive forever. I sincerely hope they implode on their own petard.

At least we got your test for false teachings. The only problem is that it is only for one, and not a universal test. If each person employs the same test, we are right back to the OP in that there is no current test for false teachings.
which brings us back to the OP, no one can really identify false teachings.

There are many tests. Any group of fallible men who claims they and they alone are God in Christ are automatically discounted because they are in fact simple liars. And their anti-fruit is set forth for any dimwit to see.

The standard seems to be that each person believes what He desires, and all others are actually false because they are not his own. But one must tolerate other views just because they are personal interpretations. It seems important that one just believe something, and maybe at least it is based on ones own interpretation of a book called the Bible.

No, the standard is His Love to us and from us at a MINIMUM to other believers. Those who want to burn other believers alive over four words really need to stay in their sect. And that's exactly where they will stay and also exactly why there are sects. God Purposefully divides such evil in the hearts of believers from one another and will continue to do so, actively.

s

--Elijah here:
Personally, 'i' think that this thread of identifying false teachers would do better to have the ones who want to be 'seen' and by their many number of Vain Titus 3:9-11 'DEBATES', so their ego(:chin) or whatever can be fed, just go there?? where they can 'feed'?

It appears that VAIN DEBATERS are at least near being very false 'teachers' by principle at least! (once or twice) And who there are 'LED' as seen in Rom. 8:14:chin You know, being 'LED' there!
1 on 1 Debates

(1 Viewing)
Moderators:

smaller,

That's funny. You have historical evidence that your sect is in fact God in Christ? This ought to be great fun.
Yes, there is historical evidence. I did not have any difficulty in tracing it when I began my quest for the Truth.

However, you have already denied that scripture is actually true, that Christ with the Holy Spirit could not possibly preserve His Body and the Gospel entrusted to it. YOu begin with a negative supposition, how could you ever find the Truth?
You are clearly a modern man who sincerely believes in his own intellect to develop a form of faith suitable for yourself. It is totally irrelevant to any Gospel of Christ and historical Christianity from the beginning.

Your response.....

Why do you seek to belittle my faith in Christ? Nobody in your sect died on the cross for me.
this discusstion is not even about your faith. it is about your understanding of scripture. It seems you have created your own Christ namely you. You castigate the Truth of scripture to elevate yourself as that Truth and the infallible interpreter of your own truth.

Your response....

God in Christ is the only Head of His Body.
that is what scripture says.

Your response.....

That supposed Gospel truth that the EO is the head of the body?
YOu seem to be quite misguided as to terminology as well. This might be a carryover from the RCC. A Body, a Church is never the Head. Christ is the Head of His own Body. The Church is His Body. The EO has never been the Head, but the Body.
Fat chance. That's part of the problem with tradition and it's adherents. They mistake the body for the Head. And are quite delusional in that sight, so much so that that particular subjective and replacement head wants to burn all other believers alive forever in fire.

which seems to be your misunderstanding of both scripture, history and reality.

Your response.....

Quite sure God in Christ is fully capable of taking care of His Own Kingdom.
Yes, He has. He has preservced His Body for 2000 years. He has preserved the Gospel that He entrusted to that Body as well. Christ sitll rules, even though you seem to think that He has failed, thus you need to place yourself above Him, His Church and His Gospel.

Yeah, I'm one of those dangerous people who actually loves other believers as myself. Even you regardless of the delusional grandeur.
We are not instructed to just love other believers. We are to love all men, we are to pray for all men. We are to love our enemies as well. You have a very narrow view of scripture and God's revelation to man.

NOw we are getting down to the OP, finally. So any group is a false teacher if they attempt to influence any others of their view.

YOur response....

If we loved one another then we would not seek to burn each other alive in fire would we? That effort on your part tells me all I need to know in one simple and easy lesson that the Head Provided.
which has been your mantra in this discussion which is really just your misunderstanding. Real love would teach those who are being led astray to the Truth. They can accept it or reject it on their own. But to ignore someone out of love is not love.

An analogy to your view would be a person who is standing on a high ledge threatening to commit suicide. Because you love them so well, you would encourage them to jump because it is against love to influence anyone to not jump. If it is their conscience that says jumping is what they want to do, then love should support that person to jump. You do so out of love because that person will be saved anyway.

ONLy individuals who are not groups, are correct, because they don't try to influence others to believe as they do.

YOur response......

Any believer who loves other believers is on the right track and the only track available. If your sect wants to burn other believers alive over four words, that again tells me how far your sects faith has fallen away.
But we are not speaking of beleivers. We are speaking of individuals who are either actually teaching falsehoods, or are accepting falsehoods. Is there a test against false teaching.

YOu have consistantly stated that any belief is sufficient to call anyone a believer and false teaching is irrelevant. By the way, what are the four words?
Does scripture actually teach that Christ came to burn individuals. You do seem to harbor that Universalist trait of theology. Could you point out where that would be in scripture?

Their goal is to tolerate all beliefs as fair and equal, since it does not really matter anyway. Everyone is going to be saved in spite of what they believe. Kinda makes Christ's sacrifice null and void.

YOur response.....

It's only a matter of priority. I'd say the same of any sect. When their priority steps off the ground of love to other believers, they are in fact presently lost. I believe God in Christ will save them regardless of their present blinding by the enemy of our faith.

I would venture to say that any sect, group, all love each other. All will claim all of their members are believers. This is precisely the topic being discussed. Right now, from any defintional point, Davidians, JOnes Followers, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons are beleivers. They all derived their beliefs from scripture. But then you say, even though false teachers, or false sects, they will still be saved in spite of themselves. So, what is the purpose of Christ and His revelation to man. If man can develop thousands of faiths, different christs, all from the same text, what good is the text.

This is what Jesus rebuked the Pharisees about. The traditions of man making scripture, null and void. It is your philosophy that everything is acceptable. It seems your philosophy contradicts scripture.

All spiritual fruit is rooted and grounded in Love.
You used the example of Hitler being raised a Catholic. On that basis, he loved as well. I'm sure he loved other Catholics as well. So by your definition he qualifies as a saved person.

Your response....

That's funny. A gospel that on it's face seeks to burn other believers alive forever. I sincerely hope they implode on their own petard.
Where does it say in scripture that Christ seeks to burn other believers forever. You seem to be misunderstanding scripture itself besides having a misguided understanding of Christ's Church.

There are many tests. Any group of fallible men who claims they and they alone are God in Christ are automatically discounted because they are in fact simple liars. And their anti-fruit is set forth for any dimwit to see.

Every time you make statements like this you are convicting yourself. You are a fallible man who has elevated himself as the sole interpreter of a text, developing his own truth, thus making himself God over that truth. YOur only test as you have stated is anything against your own personal view, but you must also accept all other views since they are of conscience of that person, equal to you.

In the end, you really have no test at all that is universal, at least not that qualifies for a unified Gospel. How can one have a test of a Gospel, when the Gospel itself is not unified. YOur whole theory states that there is no such thing as a unified Gospel.

No, the standard is His Love to us and from us at a MINIMUM to other believers. Those who want to burn other believers alive over four words really need to stay in their sect. And that's exactly where they will stay and also exactly why there are sects. God Purposefully divides such evil in the hearts of believers from one another and will continue to do so, actively.
Christ's love is for the world, for mankind. There is no limit to His boundless love. He also commands us to love all, as He does. There is no minimum for believers, not true believers.

And your statements are actually the carrying card for satan. Keep all sectes, groups divided, so that there can be no unity. God is not the divider but satan and you seem to be helping him immensely.

smaller,
Yes, there is historical evidence. I did not have any difficulty in tracing it when I began my quest for the Truth.

My own experience was different. So I have to go with the reality of that experience as God in Christ showed me.

I picked up a living Bible one day, never having been able to read much in the old KJV prior. I was able to read with intense interest on that day the first 3 Gospels. And the accounts really moved me differently then they ever did before. A couple days later I cracked open the old KJV to see if I could read through it, and started where I left off, at the book of John. Read through the whole thing. As I put the Bible back in the drawer, I was considering deeply what I had read, and God in Christ came to me, in my heart, and showed me that He Is Real and that He loves me. I felt His Love.

That day, I changed.
I was from that moment on no longer 'alone' in heart.

There is no tradition that can do this. God in Christ reaches many believers in similar ways. None come identically. All are called 'individually' as they are drawn.

Pews are full of practitioners. I was one myself. But I didn't really know the Lord as I did that day in my heart.

However, you have already denied that scripture is actually true,
Oh please. I believe every jot and tittle is fully true and fully applicable to this moment. Do I believe it is so as your sect does? No. God ceased being a 'tradition' to me on the day He loved me.

that Christ with the Holy Spirit could not possibly preserve His Body and the Gospel entrusted to it. YOu begin with a negative supposition, how could you ever find the Truth?
I have no idea why you think that conglomeration of authority is God in Christ. I sincerely don't. They are not and can not be. God in Christ is God in Christ and thankfully that won't change on the views of a bunch of fallible men who seek to vaunt their authority on other believers. If that works for you, fine.

Rosy it up all you want.

The pope will never be Christ on earth to me nor will your conglomeration of bishops be Christ on earth to me. That is not going to happen in my eyes.

this discusstion is not even about your faith. it is about your understanding of scripture. It seems you have created your own Christ namely you. You castigate the Truth of scripture to elevate yourself as that Truth and the infallible interpreter of your own truth.
I understand you are trying fruitlessly to spin this matter to make your church and your church alone God in Christ on earth. It will remain a sight of vanity to me. No amount of false equations is convincing. All of those types of statements are falsehoods coming from your own mind.

Never said anything of that sort.

YOu seem to be quite misguided as to terminology as well. This might be a carryover from the RCC. A Body, a Church is never the Head. Christ is the Head of His own Body. The Church is His Body. The EO has never been the Head, but the Body.
Well, bravo for a crack of fact.

Now, if you want to claim that you and your group are THEE ONLY BODY of Christ via your various exercises and rituals I will just say you and your group have very poor eyesight.

You are certainly welcome to see that way. It won't make one bit of difference to me.

which seems to be your misunderstanding of both scripture, history and reality.
Yes, He has. He has preservced His Body for 2000 years. He has preserved the Gospel that He entrusted to that Body as well. Christ sitll rules, even though you seem to think that He has failed, thus you need to place yourself above Him, His Church and His Gospel.
No, I am not apt to associate well with believers who want to burn other believers alive in fire. Such believers make me want to puke.

We are not instructed to just love other believers. We are to love all men, we are to pray for all men. We are to love our enemies as well. You have a very narrow view of scripture and God's revelation to man.
Well, apparently you can only really love believers in your sect alone and you must condemn all other believers in your heart, as your sect commands you to do.

You are welcome to call that 'love.' I don't.

which has been your mantra in this discussion which is really just your misunderstanding. Real love would teach those who are being led astray to the Truth. They can accept it or reject it on their own. But to ignore someone out of love is not love.
Believe like me or fry alive forever will remain a very hollow claim of love in my ears. If for example I had to stake my salvation on the difference between your view and the 4 words of the RCC you know what? I think you are all off the tracks and nearly insane by using that as the basis of damnation to each others.

It is insane in my eyes. Absolutely insane. Raving lunacy.

Grown men of faith for hundreds of years damning each others to hell over 4 little words. That is how twisted faith became in 'traditions.'

You people are really nutzo.

An analogy to your view would be a person who is standing on a high ledge threatening to commit suicide. Because you love them so well, you would encourage them to jump because it is against love to influence anyone to not jump. If it is their conscience that says jumping is what they want to do, then love should support that person to jump. You do so out of love because that person will be saved anyway.
I'm not going to be staking my salvation to your 4 little word wagon, no. You guys can all play your little authority game all you want. When you grow up come and talk.
But we are not speaking of beleivers. We are speaking of individuals who are either actually teaching falsehoods, or are accepting falsehoods. Is there a test against false teaching.
Most believers, sincere believers that I know simply called upon God in Christ to save them, and most from a position of being beaten down and without hope in this world. Then God in Christ reached them inside and changed them.

They are good, until they fall into the pits of what you walk in. I've seen a lot of them forget the simplicity of their faith and the love God in Christ gave them to share in.

YOu have consistantly stated that any belief is sufficient to call anyone a believer and false teaching is irrelevant. By the way, what are the four words?
Does scripture actually teach that Christ came to burn individuals. You do seem to harbor that Universalist trait of theology. Could you point out where that would be in scripture?
Oh please. Your sect believes that everyone outside of themselves are going to burn alive forever. Don't try to hide that open fact. They demand that you damn other believers outside your little sect to that fate.

And that is also the heady little power monger that now sits in your own heart.

I would venture to say that any sect, group, all love each other.
Who are you kidding. There are many authorities today in your sect and on the other side of the aisle who continue to volley HERESY HERESY to each others.

Then from time to time some of the better religious politicians at the top of the pile get together and make political dialogs between. Then when they are done they go back to their heresy stands within their sect. It's a fiasco.

They all talk a big talk, but in the end only ONE of them wants to be the king.

The politicians of the world are much better at that game.

All will claim all of their members are believers. This is precisely the topic being discussed. Right now, from any defintional point, Davidians, JOnes Followers, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons are beleivers. They all derived their beliefs from scripture. But then you say, even though false teachers, or false sects, they will still be saved in spite of themselves. So, what is the purpose of Christ and His revelation to man. If man can develop thousands of faiths, different christs, all from the same text, what good is the text.
There is a world of manipulators out there to prey on those who have called upon God in Christ in simple faith. And all of them by those false Christs who really seek to kill them if they don't follow that false Christ.

So they all end up in much worse shape for the experience.

This is what Jesus rebuked the Pharisees about. The traditions of man making scripture, null and void. It is your philosophy that everything is acceptable. It seems your philosophy contradicts scripture.
Your group just reproduced what blinded Israel did and put a christian spin on it.

You used the example of Hitler being raised a Catholic. On that basis, he loved as well. I'm sure he loved other Catholics as well. So by your definition he qualifies as a saved person.
Where does it say in scripture that Christ seeks to burn other believers forever. You seem to be misunderstanding scripture itself besides having a misguided understanding of Christ's Church.
Well, unfortunately with any sectarian it really doesn't matter what is said, they only hear what their sect has programmed them to hear. They can hear nothing else.

Our little friends of the SDA are no different. No matter what is said whatever comes out of their programming is Saturday church and no pork. They are programmed by their sects and that is all they can hear.

The essence of 'all' such hearings is identical. "I am justified by [this sectarian construct] and you are not.'

Every time you make statements like this you are convicting yourself. You are a fallible man who has elevated himself as the sole interpreter of a text,
I called upon God in Christ to save me and He did. End of conversation for me. None of your spin is true nor will it change that matter for me.

You see you seek to damn me if I don't believe like you. I hear your voice clearly, and reject it.

And your statements are actually the carrying card for satan. Keep all sectes, groups divided,
They seem to be doing an excellent job of that all on their own. It's not me that divided any of them. Sorry.

As to your 'satan' card,

IF any man hears His Voice and calls upon Him in simple faith, He will show Himself to them and in them.

And such will also recognize the voice of every deceiver, instantly.

s

smaller,

My own experience was different. So I have to go with the reality of that experience as God in Christ showed me.

I picked up a living Bible one day, never having been able to read much in the old KJV prior. I was able to read with intense interest on that day the first 3 Gospels. And the accounts really moved me differently then they ever did before. A couple days later I cracked open the old KJV to see if I could read through it, and started where I left off, at the book of John. Read through the whole thing. As I put the Bible back in the drawer, I was considering deeply what I had read, and God in Christ came to me, in my heart, and showed me that He Is Real and that He loves me. I felt His Love.

That day, I changed. I was from that moment on no longer 'alone' in heart.
There is no tradition that can do this. God in Christ reaches many believers in similar ways. None come identically. All are called 'individually' as they are drawn.
Pews are full of practitioners. I was one myself. But I didn't really know the Lord as I did that day in my heart.
this is a great testimonial, but it does not speak to the topic, nor it is theology. You do realize that Mormons say the same thing. I had two clients that were Scientoligists who belonged to a very large church here in this city. Tney stated the same thing.

However, you have already denied that scripture is actually true,
YOur response......

Oh please. I believe every jot and tittle is fully true and fully applicable to this moment. Do I believe it is so as your sect does? No. God ceased being a 'tradition' to me on the day He loved me.
therein lies the crux of the matter. Just take the groups I mentioned above. They look at scripture as well and say the very same thing you are saying. YOu have already enlightened us that you have a completely different interpretation of those scriptures than of historical Christianity.

By the way, God never was a tradition. Again, some misinformation from your bad experience with the RCC. Christ is Christ, who gave man His divine revelation to the Apostles. That revelation was entrusted to Christ's Church here on earth and is being guarded and preserved by the Holy Spirit. That is also in scripture but I'm sure that you have changed the interpretation to fit your tradition. as do all the above as well.

I have no idea why you think that conglomeration of authority is God in Christ. I sincerely don't. They are not and can not be. God in Christ is God in Christ and thankfully that won't change on the views of a bunch of fallible men who seek to vaunt their authority on other believers. If that works for you, fine.
Rosy it up all you want.

The pope will never be Christ on earth to me nor will your conglomeration of bishops be Christ on earth to me. That is not going to happen in my eyes.
You have made that quite clear. It is also clear that you have established yourself as God, you have complete authority over a text, you will interpret it to suit your taste and understanding and it will stand infallibly true. You have made that very clear. Of course that is in direct contradiction of scripture, even the simple reading of it.

I understand you are trying fruitlessly to spin this matter to make your church and your church alone God in Christ on earth. It will remain a sight of vanity to me. No amount of false equations is convincing. All of those types of statements are falsehoods coming from your own mind.

Never said anything of that sort.
I have never spoke about my Church. I don't have a church that I created or developed. I'm speaking in regard to Christ's Church, His Body, the one He established here on earth. I happen to be a member of it, but it is not my church. That might be part of your misunderstanding. Scripture does not say that we should develop our own church and then assume He enters it because we say so.

The question should be is am I of His Church, not whether He is in my church.
Now, if you want to claim that you and your group are THEE ONLY BODY of Christ via your various exercises and rituals I will just say you and your group have very poor eyesight.

You are certainly welcome to see that way. It won't make one bit of difference to me.
My understanding of scripture is that Christ established ONLY ONE Church here on earth. That same Church is still in existance as He promised. So is the Gospel which is unified through Christ and the Holy Spirit. Historical record shows that it is in fact so. The historical record is the authentic witness of the power of the Holy Spirit within Christ's Body. NO one says you must be compelled to believe what scripture actually says. YOu are a free man to believe whatever you wish.

No, I am not apt to associate well with believers who want to burn other believers alive in fire. Such believers make me want to puke.
You have stated this before, and in the last post I asked where in scripture does it say that Christ will burn believers alive in fire. Again, I think some misunderstanding here on your bad experience with the RCC.

Well, apparently you can only really love believers in your sect alone and you must condemn all other believers in your heart, as your sect commands you to do.

You are welcome to call that 'love.' I don't.
Obviously you are quite bitter as well about your experience. But to transpose that misunderstanding upon all others surely cannot be love. Where does Christ say that we should condemn any man? Must be part of your misunderstanding again.
Believe like me or fry alive forever will remain a very hollow claim of love in my ears. If for example I had to stake my salvation on the difference between your view and the 4 words of the RCC you know what? I think you are all off the tracks and nearly insane by using that as the basis of damnation to each others.
AGain, you are associating your bad RCC experience on to all others.
I asked you in the last post also, which are those 4 words you keep talking about?

Grown men of faith for hundreds of years damning each others to hell over 4 little words. That is how twisted faith became in 'traditions.'
what four words. And can you give an example where the Orthdox have damned any to hell, expecially on some four words. Again, your experience with the RCC is not the experience of any other group.

I'm not going to be staking my salvation to your 4 little word wagon, no. You guys can all play your little authority game all you want. When you grow up come and talk.
again, what four words.

But aside from that, why do you object to the authority of Christ? Why must you insert your own authority?

Oh please. Your sect believes that everyone outside of themselves are going to burn alive forever. Don't try to hide that open fact. They demand that you damn other believers outside your little sect to that fate.

And that is also the heady little power monger that now sits in your own heart.
I don't know anyone who has stated that. You are again transferring your bad experience with the RCC upon all others. YOu are not speaking from facts, but emotion.

Who are you kidding. There are many authorities today in your sect and on the other side of the aisle who continue to volley HERESY HERESY to each others.

Then from time to time some of the better religious politicians at the top of the pile get together and make political dialogs between. Then when they are done they go back to their heresy stands within their sect. It's a fiasco.

They all talk a big talk, but in the end only ONE of them wants to be the king.
The politicians of the world are much better at that game.
Again, you are highly emotional regarding whatever bad experience you might have had with the RCC.

Regarding Heresy, the Church has always guarded the Gospel of Christ via the Holy Spirit from false teachings.

That is what this OP is about. For you and all sola scripturists and self determined authority over a text it is quite evident that is no test for false teachings. Each individual is the master of his own religion and should not be concerned with any others. True is true as one declares it for oneself.
YOu have even gone the additional route in also saying that any other view is immaterial anyway. All will still be saved in spite of any view.

YOur response.....

Your group just reproduced what blinded Israel did and put a christian spin on it.
So Christ created a tradition, the same as the Pharisees but put a christian spin on it. YOu do have a unique interpretation of scripture to say the least. Of course, any denial of Truth, opens the door wide for substitutes which is essentially the practice of sola scriptura with all of its traditions.

Well, unfortunately with any sectarian it really doesn't matter what is said, they only hear what their sect has programmed them to hear. They can hear nothing else.

Our little friends of the SDA are no different. No matter what is said whatever comes out of their programming is Saturday church and no pork. They are programmed by their sects and that is all they can hear.

The essence of 'all' such hearings is identical. "I am justified by [this sectarian construct] and you are not.
I can respect them for at least attempting to keep their doctrinal body pure. This is the problem that this OP, I presume is trying to determine from a sola scripturists method. The SDA and Jehovah Witnessess, as well as some other groups, all try to hold to a base doctrinal body even though they are also sola scripturists.

They derived their particular interpretation from scripture. NOw, above you stated that it did not matter what these groups beleived since they will be saved anyway. Which is somewhat different from most other groups. The ONLY question is who is Truth. Christ as He revealed Himself and gave us His revelation and promised to preserve it within His Body, or a church and philosophy of some individual or group who simply bases there personal interpretaion from a text.
I called upon God in Christ to save me and He did. End of conversation for me. None of your spin is true nor will it change that matter for me.

You see you seek to damn me if I don't believe like you. I hear your voice clearly, and reject it.
Everyone makes a choice regarding Christ. We all will stand in judgement before Him.
They seem to be doing an excellent job of that all on their own. It's not me that divided any of them. Sorry.
As to your 'satan' card,
IF any man hears His Voice and calls upon Him in simple faith, He will show Himself to them and in them.
And such will also recognize the voice of every deceiver, instantly.

Never said you divided them, but that your personal tradition is one of those divisions, even though you also state that none of them, including yours, I presume, makes any difference anyway. All will be saved.

So, we have your test for false teachings. But you have not helped to determine a general test or a universal test for Truth. Except to say that it does not matter.

It sounds as if God allows for all to have total 'freedom' to pick & choose their own way to me.:chin

Note 1 Kings 22 where He has told us what the evil 's'pirit will do when allowed to do so. And the Lord says.. just go ahead & do your thing, and in My forknowledge I know that you will be successful! (bottomline)

1 Kings 22
[20] And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.

[21] And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.

[22] And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.

[23] Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.

SO: It seems that all false teachers are LIARS!;) In other Words, God allows them to do satans things in many cases. As seen contrary to 1 Cor. 14:32
[32] And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.:thumbsup

--Elijah

PS: It is amazing that God gives satan & satan's spirit followers all of this lieing freedom, and we see 'forums' censored for a little of nothing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back