Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How We Know We Are "NOT" In The Last Days

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That is such a dangerous position to find oneself in. There is such a basic misunderstanding that, today, is taught in many venues. The song, What A Friend We Have In Jesus, is one I love to sing but that is not a good position to remain in.Jesus is the King, He is our savior, He is my Big brother but He must be revered. I, almost, never tell folks He is my friend. Jesus is the Creator of everything the eye can see and can't see. (John 1:1-3)

At issue here is the perception that God, between the 400 years of quietness has changed and that has never been true. God has and God will never change. (Mal. 3:6a) God has from the very beginning sought our fellowship. (Genesis 2 & 3) Through the sacrifice Jesus/God made on the cross. (Luke 23:26-43) God always deserves our utmost respect.

So I don't know what you are trying to say. Sorry. Jesus is LOVE. Jesus is the only way to God, who we should fear, revere, love and pray to. What is the dangerous position? I know the pope says we need a church group to 'mediate' for us. But the church is the body of Christ. So what is it you are saying is dangerous. Speak plain.

So I don't know what you are trying to say. Sorry. Jesus is LOVE. Jesus is the only way to God, who we should fear, revere, love and pray to. What is the dangerous position? I know the pope says we need a church group to 'mediate' for us. But the church is the body of Christ. So what is it you are saying is dangerous. Speak plain.
You have completely missed what I tried to teach. Jesus is not the way to God, Jesus is God!

You have completely missed what I tried to teach. Jesus is not the way to God, Jesus is God!

I never disagreed with that so I am not sure why you were pointing it out. Of course JESUS IS GOD. Who else would he be???? Baffling that anyone would think otherwise. So in that case, what was the dangerous thought? Not sure if you mean it would be dangerous to view Jesus as someone other than God. If that is what you are saying, then yes, that is a blasphemy. I actually agree with every single point of the belief statement, belief page for this forum.But as it says in the NT, Jesus is the way the truth the light. There is no other way to GOD. BECAUSE JESUS IS GOD. JESUS IS LOVE.Don't all christians know that? I mean, duh.

I never disagreed with that so I am not sure why you were pointing it out. Of course JESUS IS GOD. Who else would he be???? Baffling that anyone would think otherwise. So in that case, what was the dangerous thought? Not sure if you mean it would be dangerous to view Jesus as someone other than God. If that is what you are saying, then yes, that is a blasphemy. I actually agree with every single point of the belief statement, belief page for this forum.But as it says in the NT, Jesus is the way the truth the light. There is no other way to GOD. BECAUSE JESUS IS GOD. JESUS IS LOVE.Don't all christians know that? I mean, duh.
Unlike some here you seem to understand the use of caps and yet you demonstrate, yet, another sign of the lack of reverence in the highlighted in your message I quoted. This will be my last post here before I get legalistic. But reverence for God/Jesus is neither difficult to demonstrate nor is it ignore. You need to work it out with you Lord.

Unlike some here you seem to understand the use of caps and yet you demonstrate, yet, another sign of the lack of reverence in the highlighted in your message I quoted. This will be my last post here before I get legalistic. But reverence for God/Jesus is neither difficult to demonstrate nor is it ignore. You need to work it out with you Lord.
I only follow the law as set out by Jesus in the NT. So legalistic stuff is beyond me. I don't know much about pharisees or legal stuff. Thank you so much for understanding! :)

Good News: Jesus is the way, the truth and the light. Jesus is LOVE. Jesus is the son of God. Jesus is God. The only way to God is through Jesus. Amen!!! Love one another!!!!

Last edited:
I just feel that reading the bible, praying, and talking to our Friend Jesus is all I need. If there is human community too, great. But I have little interest in human interpretations of the Word. If I am with our Friend, then I have no fear if it is end times and can wait patiently for Him to tell me what to do. I have no need to try and 'figure' out the hour that it is. Do the birds in the field worry? No. I will try and follow their example. :)
Sounds good. :thumbsup

but we are in the last DAYS just not the finial day .we been in the last days since Jesus ascended as recorded in acts
{How We Know We Are "NOT" In The Last Days}

John 15:15
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

This verse is where that comes from. I also consider myself to be a friend of Jesus but that in no way takes away from
the fact he created all that is created he also became our Saviour at the cross in a painfull death.
I agree we should not let the verse calling us friends limit how Great Jesus really is.

He is The Creator of mankind and mankinds only Saviour which is more than a friend and as th1b.taylor says, he MUST be revered.

john 1: 1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
1 Corin 15
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Jesus has done for us what no human friend can do.

John 15:15
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

This verse is where that comes from. I also consider myself to be a friend of Jesus but that in no way takes away from
the fact he created all that is created he also became our Saviour at the cross in a painfull death.
I agree we should not let the verse calling us friends limit how Great Jesus really is.
Yes, He has also called me friend and I see the relationship being, much, like one of my History Teacher taught me of Thomas Jefferson. Mr. Jefferson, I was taught would go to the Slave Block and purchase a new slave to bring into his service and after a time would give the man or woman their Freed Man Papers.

For the greatest part the slaves remained in his service, as was permitted, because they loved the freedom, care and love he showed to them. They still called him Master just as I, a bond slave of Jesus call Him Master. He calls me friend, I call him Master, reverence.

Jesus told his followers that they would do works greater than what he did in the last days. This includes teaching, preaching, RAISING THE DEAD and HEALING the SICK. Hang on a minute raising the dead, but this has never happened since the 1st century the proof being in Acts that our early brothers and sisters did in fact do those things. SO the question is, if no one had never done it since, "what does it mean".

People have been being raised from the dead unto life for 2,000 yrs. Before one is born again from above, they are considered dead, to God. He is the God of the living, Satan is the god of those considered dead. Accepting Christ as Lord to live by is the only way to be raised up from death, unto life, by the Spirit of life, and the Word of life.
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
Believest thou this?
KJV
Luke 9:59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
KJV
Luke 20:37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
KJV
Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
KJV
1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it,
and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
KJV

Phil,
This crazy Baptist knows that the dead are still being raised and I have told everyone not to even try that with me. When this carcass has expired they are not even to embalm, just shove it in my free VA hole in the ground and celebrate, I'm HOME! But there was an instance here in my area where the EMTs told the Church the man was dead, the preacher, deacons and elders laid on hands, prayed and he walked out to the ambulance with the EMTs and I'm told, with their mouths wide open.

Then a friend of mine, Charismatic, is on the field in Guatemala, where this is not at all uncommon. I hate this because this is so misused but it applies here, this is a case of faith vs. Real Faith. Real Faith is living every minute of every hour of every day by putting on Jesus. Rom 13:14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

The Church in Europe, the Middle East and the US and Canada has lost that truth as a reality.

How u guys know u not in the last days?

Well all I'm gonna say is be prepared to die for your god.

Because America is gonna fall to the head of the islamic state.
He is the little horn. M antichrist

If u think u not in the last days well just turn on the tv n see for your self

How u guys know u not in the last days?

Well all I'm gonna say is be prepared to die for your god.

Because America is gonna fall to the head of the islamic state.
He is the little horn. M antichrist

If u think u not in the last days well just turn on the tv n see for your self
Here, here. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Your going to make these poor peoples hurt thier heads by trying to look at reality while they read the Word of God? Who ever heard of such an endeavor? said the old fossil as he walked into the sunset, reading the scriptures shouting, GLORY!

Here, here. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Your going to make these poor peoples hurt thier heads by trying to look at reality while they read the Word of God? Who ever heard of such an endeavor? said the old fossil as he walked into the sunset, reading the scriptures shouting, GLORY!

The word of god is reality it lives breathes yea it speaks

But who can understand it? It's written te stone which the builders refused has become the head of the corner. And who ever who shall fall up it shallbe broken and who ever it shall fall upon it shall grind him is usunder

There for I preach what I preach and it's written again

Watch for the time in which u think not then the son of man commeth

The word of god is reality it lives breathes yea it speaks

But who can understand it? It's written te stone which the builders refused has become the head of the corner. And who ever who shall fall up it shallbe broken and who ever it shall fall upon it shall grind him is usunder

There for I preach what I preach and it's written again

Watch for the time in which u think not then the son of man commeth
And He comes soon!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back