Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

I am a Catholic, why should I consider becoming a Christian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
sisterchristian said:
Well I feel really sorry for you Robert, how is it going to look when you stand before the Lord and he says to you "So Robert I hear you were only interested in squeezing your way into heavens gates! What did you do with my son Jesus, did you share the Gospel with anyone? Did you lead anyone to me? or did you just hide in a Catholc Church and not learn anything but false doctrine! :o
I share the Gospel Of Christ with other individuals on discussion forums but not in person. Who states that sharing the Gospel Of Christ with individuals is to be done in person only and not on discussion forums? And if I have dispensed with the unscriptural RCC doctrines then I am not learning or paying attention to the unscriptural RCC doctrines. And I watch Fundamentalist Protestant ministers on television and thus I am learning Protestant doctrines. And when everybody stands before Christ after they pass away He will not require for entrance into Heaven that everybody had belonged to a Fundamentalist Protestant Church in addition to having received Him as their Savior. The only thing that Christ will require for entrance into Heaven is that everybody had received Him as their Savior. :icecream:

sisterchristian said:
Idon't think so brother!

60% of what is said in every mass is in fact straight out of the Bible. Over three years the whole bible (not the pastos or individuals favorite passages over and over) is read to the faithful if they go to sunday and weekday masses or read the daily readings. The entire new testament is read in the course of 3 years on sundays. These are facts. Your I don't think so brother handwaving does not stand against facts.

thessalonian said:
60% of what is said in every mass is in fact straight out of the Bible. Over three years the whole bible (not the pastos or individuals favorite passages over and over) is read to the faithful if they go to sunday and weekday masses or read the daily readings. The entire new testament is read in the course of 3 years on sundays. These are facts. Your I don't think so brother handwaving does not stand against facts.
OK, So what about the other 40% :o I won't speak for anybody elses church but I know my pastor teaches sraight out of the Bible and it's all God's word! How do I know this? Oh that;s simple, because I bring my bible to church and study it along with him! that's how I know! :wink: So you tell me, How do you know, since no one brings their Bibles to church?? :-?

OK, So what about the other 40% I won't speak for anybody elses church but I know my pastor teaches sraight out of the Bible and it's all God's word! How do I know this? Oh that;s simple, because I bring my bible to church and study it along with him! that's how I know! So you tell me, How do you know, since no one brings their Bibles to church??

100% of the Mass is from Scripture actually. 60% is direct quotes from Scripture. The other 40% is really either commentary or allusions. We have already said that Scripture is highly important in the Church. If a Catholic pays attention in Mass he will hear, as we said, all of the Bible in three years. "Ignorance of Scripture is Ignorance of Christ", and Catholics MUST study Scripture. No one brings their Bibles to Mass because we already have everything planned out. Your pastor most likely knows where he is going each Sunday and could put the Scriptures he would use on a sheet of paper and it would still be the same service. Catholics are to go through their Bibles and study and meditate on Scriptures at their home or in groups.

sisterchristian said:
Well I feel really sorry for you Robert, how is it going to look when you stand before the Lord and he says to you "So Robert I hear you were only interested in squeezing your way into heavens gates! What did you do with my son Jesus, did you share the Gospel with anyone? Did you lead anyone to me? or did you just hide in a Catholc Church and not learn anything but false doctrine! :o

EDITED:

This person PRETENDS to know who this Robert guy is and how he acts.

"Oh, he's edited, so he can't be a good person, he can't help the poor, the sick, offer comfort to the outcast. He's edited! HE CAN'T LOVE JESUS".

Disgusting.

Robert's knowledge of Catholic doctrines is faulty, no doubt, but he is correct about something - we won't be judged based on whether we "remain in the Catholic Church or not". The Gospels say we must do the Will of the Father, to Love.

How edited do you have the gumption to judge this guy on whether he loves based on his membership in the Catholic Church?

This is why these topics in this forum do not press forward the Christian message. All they do is divide. Sickening.

EDITED:

A warning has been issued against your account here at Christianforums.net for challenging the staff members on this site.

RobertMazar said:
I share the Gospel Of Christ with other individuals on discussion forums but not in person. Who states that sharing the Gospel Of Christ with individuals is to be done in person only and not on discussion forums? And if I have dispensed with the unscriptural RCC doctrines then I am not learning or paying attention to the unscriptural RCC doctrines. And I watch Fundamentalist Protestant ministers on television and thus I am learning Protestant doctrines. And when everybody stands before Christ after they pass away He will not require for entrance into Heaven that everybody had belonged to a Fundamentalist Protestant Church in addition to having received Him as their Savior. The only thing that Christ will require for entrance into Heaven is that everybody had received Him as their Savior. :icecream:
So Robert, you have no one in your personal life who you feel is important enough to share the gospel with? Maybe a blood relative or a best friend? You haven't told anyone what you know about salvation? That's pretty sad. I'm not saying you should go out to a street corner and hound everyone you see but to have never shared the gospel other than sitting behind a computer....???...really? And truthfully, I don't know that I've ever read anything that really contributes to you actually sharing the gospel. You have your 5 or so pre-written comments that you copy and paste whenever you feel it fits the subject. They all say the same thing, or close to it anyway.
And I don't just mean here at this forum. I have seen you in one other forum, Robert, although I've kept that little tid-bit to myself until now. I've been aware of your posts for at least 8 months now, before I started posting here. Surprise! :o Imagine my surprise when I saw you here! And don't try to tell me it's not you because you have the same username and say the same things about "logical and analytical thinking" not to mention all the stuff about not believing half of what the Catholic church teaches yet you won't go to a protestant church because you'll still get entrance into heaven, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You are a one of a kind and there's no mistaking you. I won't broadcast the other forum you go to (and there's probably more than these 2) but you do the same exact thing there that you do here. I have never found one Catholic or one Protestant who ever agrees with anything you say here or there! Pick a side, man.

You are really hung up on the word Protestant, aren't you? Rarely do I hear Christians define themselves as "Protestants"...they just say Christian.

And there's nothing wrong with witnessing on forums (or even on the phone or by letters). I just find it surprising as a child of God that you don't share Jesus with anyone in the real flesh and blood world. Maybe you have fears or maybe it's just not your strong-suit but as God's children, He told us to spread the Word. How are you going to feel when you are asked why you never told anyone you knew on earth about Him and how to get to heaven?

Just a little note, too...learning from TV evangelists may not be the best way to learn God's Word. There's a lot of kooks out there, not to mention many of them have ulterior motives (ie: begging for money) or may simply just not be sound in their teachings. Granted you may find a few sound preachers on TV but it shouldn't be your only source of learning.
Just trying to look out for ya, Robert. Really and truly, I do care. :biggrin

Now quit being selfish and go share Jesus with a friend! :wink:

francisdesales said:
Robert's knowledge of Catholic doctrines is faulty, no doubt, but he is correct about something - we won't be judged based on whether we "remain in the Catholic Church or not". The Gospels say we must do the Will of the Father, to Love.
Now hold on a second. If Robert knows he's sitting in a church with some very questionable teachings (which he admits to) then he will be accountable for staying and supporting them (monitarily and spiritually), he could possibly lose rewards in heaven or miss out on lifes blessings over this. Us Christians are just trying to wake him up. Maybe our approach isn't always the best but we are only human as well. But our intentions are honorable.
Sis, along with myself and many others on this forum knows for a fact that the Catholic church is nothing but a cult, with a false teaching system disguised as a "Christian" church, so we are here to warn him.

aj830 said:
100% of the Mass is from Scripture actually. 60% is direct quotes from Scripture. The other 40% is really either commentary or allusions.
You mean "illusions?" 8-)

*I will now turn this bread into Jesus!....hocus pocus....ding!* :smt031
*And this wine into blood...ding!* :smt030

ThreeInOne said:
You mean "illusions?" 8-)

*I will now turn this bread into Jesus!....hocus pocus....ding!* :smt031
*And this wine into blood...ding!* :smt030
Good one Three, Good one!! :smt038 :smt037

Catholics are to go through their Bibles and study and meditate on Scriptures at their home or in groups.
[/quote] Well yeah! So are we we don't just study the Bible at church, we study at home too that just goes without saying! But there is still no excuse for Catholics to not bring their Bibles to church. You need to read and follow along to make sure that what they are teaching you is in fact God's word, and not some made up stuff that they thought of on their own.

ThreeInOne said:
So Robert, you have no one in your personal life who you feel is important enough to share the gospel with? Maybe a blood relative or a best friend? You haven't told anyone what you know about salvation? That's pretty sad. I'm not saying you should go out to a street corner and hound everyone you see but to have never shared the gospel other than sitting behind a computer....???...really? And truthfully, I don't know that I've ever read anything that really contributes to you actually sharing the gospel. You have your 5 or so pre-written comments that you copy and paste whenever you feel it fits the subject. They all say the same thing, or close to it anyway.
And I don't just mean here at this forum. I have seen you in one other forum, Robert, although I've kept that little tid-bit to myself until now. I've been aware of your posts for at least 8 months now, before I started posting here. Surprise! :o Imagine my surprise when I saw you here! And don't try to tell me it's not you because you have the same username and say the same things about "logical and analytical thinking" not to mention all the stuff about not believing half of what the Catholic church teaches yet you won't go to a protestant church because you'll still get entrance into heaven, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. You are a one of a kind and there's no mistaking you. I won't broadcast the other forum you go to (and there's probably more than these 2) but you do the same exact thing there that you do here. I have never found one Catholic or one Protestant who ever agrees with anything you say here or there! Pick a side, man.

You are really hung up on the word Protestant, aren't you? Rarely do I hear Christians define themselves as "Protestants"...they just say Christian.

And there's nothing wrong with witnessing on forums (or even on the phone or by letters). I just find it surprising as a child of God that you don't share Jesus with anyone in the real flesh and blood world. Maybe you have fears or maybe it's just not your strong-suit but as God's children, He told us to spread the Word. How are you going to feel when you are asked why you never told anyone you knew on earth about Him and how to get to heaven?

Just a little note, too...learning from TV evangelists may not be the best way to learn God's Word. There's a lot of kooks out there, not to mention many of them have ulterior motives (ie: begging for money) or may simply just not be sound in their teachings. Granted you may find a few sound preachers on TV but it shouldn't be your only source of learning.
Just trying to look out for ya, Robert. Really and truly, I do care. :biggrin

Now quit being selfish and go share Jesus with a friend! :wink:
Who states that spreading the Gospel Of Christ is to be done verbally only and not by the written word? And I do tell other individuals on discussion forums how to get to Heaven. I tell them that they have to become Born Again by praying to Christ and asking Him to become their Savior. That is what spreading the Gospel Of Christ is. My brother who is a Non Denominational Church member knows what I know about salvation coming from trusting in alone for salvation and yet my brother does not state that I have to leave the RCC and join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church or else I will in no way gain entrance into Heaven. Regardless if I do not leave the RCC and do not join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church I will still gain entrance into Heaven because of receiving Christ as my Savior, which is the only requirement there is for gaining entrance into Heaven. When everybody stands before Christ after they pass away He will not require for entrance into Heaven that everybody had belonged to a Fundamentalist Protestant Church and received Him as their Savior. The only thing that Christ will require for entrance into Heaven is that everybody had received Him as their Savior. I admit that I post under the name of Robert Mazar on another discussion forum. Robert Mazar is not my real name. I do not post under my real name anywhere for the sole purpose that I wish to remain anonymous so that individuals do not know what my real name is and where I reside. :morning:

ThreeInOne said:
Satan believes in it, too.

But do you BELIEVE it?

YEP. The scriptures are incredible. We had the parable of the good samaritan for sunday. Our men's bible study group looked it over Saturday and guys brought out so many things in that passage I hadn't seen before. Then I was doing a signup for Theology of the Body, by John Paul II on Sunday. I heard two priests sermons at two Masses, bringing up things we hadn't even considered that rang to the heart. THe scripture are amazing!

Oh and then there is that Theology of the Body by JP II that I mentioned. Tonight I am fascilitating an 8 week study on it. You protestants have nothing like it. It captures the depth and beauty of what it means to be male and female, marriage, family, Christ's redemption. It is all solidly based in scripture. If you were open you would be greatly blessed by it but all you will do is criticize and geer and make fun. That is extremely immature three and sisterc.

sisterchristian said:
OK, So what about the other 40% :o I won't speak for anybody elses church but I know my pastor teaches sraight out of the Bible and it's all God's word! How do I know this? Oh that;s simple, because I bring my bible to church and study it along with him! that's how I know! :wink: So you tell me, How do you know, since no one brings their Bibles to church?? :-?

Did the early Christians bring their bibles to Church sisterc? You don't have to have a bible to know that scripture is being read to you and expounded upon. The books they read out of are all available for anyone to see. You said you were catholic but you clearly did not listen or have a clue what was going on.

aj,

I agree. Thanks for your clarification. If one reads John's book of revelations actually the whole book is spiritually played out in the Mass every single day. A good book on this is Scott Hahn's "The Lamb's Supper". He realized this when he was still a protestant pastor and sat in on a Mass one time. The whole thing parralleled the book of revelatoins. It's a fact. But once again you are not open to it.

thessalonian said:
YEP. The scriptures are incredible. We had the parable of the good samaritan for sunday. Our men's bible study group looked it over Saturday and guys brought out so many things in that passage I hadn't seen before. Then I was doing a signup for Theology of the Body, by John Paul II on Sunday. I heard two priests sermons at two Masses, bringing up things we hadn't even considered that rang to the heart. THe scripture are amazing!

Oh and then there is that Theology of the Body by JP II that I mentioned. Tonight I am fascilitating an 8 week study on it. You protestants have nothing like it. It captures the depth and beauty of what it means to be male and female, marriage, family, Christ's redemption. It is all solidly based in scripture. If you were open you would be greatly blessed by it but all you will do is criticize and geer and make fun. That is extremely immature three and sisterc.
The good samaritan story is one of my favorites as well. And it is launched because someone once again asked Jesus what was required for eternal life. Jesus asked him how he interpreted the law in this regard, and the man replied "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'". And Jesus told him that "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

It's yet another example (of many) where Jesus is questioned about how to obtain eternal life that says nothing about 'belief' and everything about how one lives. I often wonder how the 'born again' example stands alone when there are so many examples in the Gospel that stand with it. Follow the commandments, take care of the least of those among you, love God and your neighbor -- all of these are also responses Jesus gives when asked how to receive eternal life.

And you're correct about the JP2's theology of the body -- quite remarkable and well worth the study.

Texasgirl said:
The good samaritan story is one of my favorites as well. And it is launched because someone once again asked Jesus what was required for eternal life. Jesus asked him how he interpreted the law in this regard, and the man replied "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'". And Jesus told him that "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live."

It's yet another example (of many) where Jesus is questioned about how to obtain eternal life that says nothing about 'belief' and everything about how one lives. I often wonder how the 'born again' example stands alone when there are so many examples in the Gospel that stand with it. Follow the commandments, take care of the least of those among you, love God and your neighbor -- all of these are also responses Jesus gives when asked how to receive eternal life.

And you're correct about the JP2's theology of the body -- quite remarkable and well worth the study.
Just what part of "Works is not what gets you into heaven" do you not understand?? Your works is the evidence that you are indeed born again (the fruit of the spirit) It what follows being born again! It is not the Works that ultimately get you into heaven! :smt021

That is extremely immature three and sisterc.[/quote] :smt022

sisterchristian said:
Just what part of "Works is not what gets you into heaven" do you not understand?? Your works is the evidence that you are indeed born again (the fruit of the spirit) It what follows being born again! It is not the Works that ultimately get you into heaven! :smt021
I don't believe you will find anywhere that I stated that 'works get you into heaven', especially since that would not be what I believe. Nor would I believe that my faith has earned me a place in heaven. I would say that they are both evidence of God's grace working in my life.

There are indeed many times in the Bible where Jesus is directly asked how to have eternal life. His responses vary, but we must believe that together they form a composite of His teaching. Be born again, obey the commandments, take care of the least among you, love God and your neighbor are all responses that Jesus directly gives to the question 'what must I do to have eternal life'. He doesn't specify these things are 'evidence' but rather answer the question of how one receives eternal life. It would seem to me that your argument is with the words of Jesus, not me.

I'm assuming that my head is the one receiving the blows from your hammer. If so, I might point out that there are more effective (and Christian) ways of getting one's point across.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back