Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am new but old... LOL

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well... I figured I would give my original introduction a face lift as I have been more absent than present.

Thanks to the consideration of one person... I have decided to give this one last try... as in all honesty... so
much of my frustration and bad attitude is coming from another forum I just left after a year and a half.

I honestly... truthfully am not able to handle rudeness or arrogance... I just can't do it. The forums are supposed
to be a fair and open space for all people to share their beliefs and thoughts. RESPECT and consideration is
of upmost importance in my opinion.

I absolutely acknowledge that I am very sensitive... and perhaps even offend easily.... but then again... this always seems to boil down to ATTITUDE and how people present their words to each other.

These last two years... between the US election and covid have been trying on EVERYONE. I understand the need
for thoughtful and honest communication... but I have found that so many discussions tend to go along the lines of ONE side is RIGHT and the other side is WRONG.

Anyways... this was more of an update/lament/observation rather than a rant or complaint.

It could just be me who is unable to handle certain types of attitudes... and I am ok with not being here if that need be.
I have two chips left... I'm throwing both of them in... LOL.

It really would be lovely to find a safe place... a comfortable place to be a part of.

Prayers for you to find the right place, Addy. I really like this forum and the people.

Well... I figured I would give my original introduction a face lift as I have been more absent than present.

Thanks to the consideration of one person... I have decided to give this one last try... as in all honesty... so
much of my frustration and bad attitude is coming from another forum I just left after a year and a half.

I honestly... truthfully am not able to handle rudeness or arrogance... I just can't do it. The forums are supposed
to be a fair and open space for all people to share their beliefs and thoughts. RESPECT and consideration is

I absolutely acknowledge that I am very sensitive... and perhaps even offend easily.... but then again... this always seems to boil down to ATTITUDE and how people present their words to each other.

These last two years... between the US election and covid have been trying on EVERYONE. I understand the need
for thoughtful and honest communication... but I have found that so many discussions tend to go along the lines of ONE side is RIGHT and the other side is WRONG.

Anyways... this was more of an update/lament/observation rather than a rant or complaint.

It could just be me who is unable to handle certain types of attitudes... and I am ok with not being here if that need be.

It really would be lovely to find a safe place... a comfortable place to be a part of.
Personally I do like it here, it's one of the most chill forums I've been on. Put the people you can't stand on ignore, and it's even better. Though it probably also helps that I don't engage very much in the more heated discussions.

Prayers for you to find the right place, Addy. I really like this forum and the people.
This is it for me... If I can't survive here... I will simply go back to being alone.
In some ways... I have developed thicker skin... but my experience on the whole
was NOT pleasant or healthy. I remember coming here in July... all excited about
finally finding a place that was without strife.... until I ran into strife... LOL

First of all... I am very aware that I have been deeply hurt by the forums... and so
for the next while... I am going to keep a low profile and simply pray for people... and
get to know different people. I have no desire to get right into the swing of things.

And... I still need to make the choice of whether or not I even want to bother starting over.
I had over 4400 posts at the other place. That is a lot. I'm so weary Sister... so sad and desperately
disappointed with how things played out.

Anyways... I just wanted to be honest about where I'm at... I need to unwind... forgive... and rest. I don't want to
come in here with all my baggage and anger.

All I am seeking is good... open... and REAL conversation.

Personally I do like it here, it's one of the most chill forums I've been on. Put the people you can't stand on ignore, and it's even better. Though it probably also helps that I don't engage very much in the more heated discussions.
You have been here a LONG time...

This is it for me... If I can't survive here... I will simply go back to being alone.
In some ways... I have developed thicker skin... but my experience on the whole
was NOT pleasant or healthy. I remember coming here in July... all excited about
finally finding a place that was without strife.... until I ran into strife... LOL

First of all... I am very aware that I have been deeply hurt by the forums... and so
for the next while... I am going to keep a low profile and simply pray for people... and
get to know different people. I have no desire to get right into the swing of things.

And... I still need to make the choice of whether or not I even want to bother starting over.
I had over 4400 posts at the other place. That is a lot. I'm so weary Sister... so sad and desperately
disappointed with how things played out.

Anyways... I just wanted to be honest about where I'm at... I need to unwind... forgive... and rest. I don't want to
come in here with all my baggage and anger.

All I am seeking is good... open... and REAL conversation.

There is warfare on that forum for sure, Addy...But there are good people too. Why I still want to pop in once in awhile. This one is wonderful though. I know I feel loved and accepted on here.

Me too. :) Mostly.

Adoration there will always be a bad apple if it is not plucked out of the basket. If everyone would just adhere to the Community Message then we would not have these problems. Right now we are working with the problem you had with another member as their attitude towards others are demeaning. We do strive for unity among the members, but also we need help from the members to report those they have a problem with so we can reconcile with them. CF is a so much better place then it was a few years ago with everyone arguing with each other. It's always best to put those on ignore that get under your skin.

God bless and hope you hang out with us as there are more good then bad.

Well, as one of my life's best friends always said...when we die we'll have peace.
But not on this earth.

I agree with you but find that my conversations tend to go in different directions with different persons.
You can stay in safe places, which you should recognize by now having been on forums 2 years...
but most of the time you'll get someone you can't agree with and not everyone is very nice and even nice people get upset at times
and react instead of staying calm.

So, a lot depends on you.
Let the water roll off....
stick to topics you like....
Don't respond to persons you don't like.
It's a personality thing...no need to get upset over it.

This is the nicest forum I've found...some are unbearable.
I haven't been around much lately, but start your own threads. Maybe you have...

I hope you stay.

I am remembering when you turned pink... It was a big problem... LOL ... You got LOCKED out of the locker room... HAHA

for_his_glory has it down now. :biggrin I thought I had the ban hammer for some reason and made a Mayflower account just to pm a moderator about it...So glad it got fixed. I was so sad. LOL. I never did ask for that account to be closed, but never logged back into it.

@for_his_glory has it down now. :biggrin I thought I had the ban hammer for some reason and made a Mayflower account just to pm a moderator about it...So glad it got fixed. I was so sad. LOL. I never did ask for that account to be closed, but never logged back into it.
I remember talking to staff about this on your behalf... they were very concerned and felt very badly... I do remember that.

So... with that said... I think I will stay BLUE..... LOL.... So nice to talk with you... It's been awhile... you are one of my FAVORITES....

Okay. You are missing out though. :biggrin

But I guess if you want, you can look at the devoes under proverbs31ministries.org

illustration-owl-making-hooting-sound-260nw-1723401121.jpg

Back