Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I don't feel like it

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't feel like a Christian anymore. I don't trust God in fact it's the opposite that i feel he just let's everybody beat on me emotionally speaking and that these trials will never stop. (I'm not referring to this forum). I have no peace and I'm just tired. Eugene quoted Deuteronomy 31:8 in another post. I feel like that's exactly what happened and if not for a intense fear of going to hell when i die i would just say forget it and lay in bed till i die of malnourishment. I have no friends or fellowship here in the real world. God doesn't speak to me or i can't hear it. We don't have enough money to pay all the bills. We can't receive government assistance because my children don't live with me full time and I'm so sick of people telling me to trust God when he's allowed all this to happen in the first place. Trust him for what? More heartache, pain, unrest, and worry? I'm pretty sure that's all i can count on anymore is that he will allow us to suffer until we die. If all you are going to do is insult me our give me advice without knowing my situation this is NOT the thread for you. If you want to take the time to get to know me outside of a keyboard and monitor and venture into the realm of verbal fellowship then this IS the thread for you. I don't even care if i give you my number and you block yours the first time you call because you're not sure if I'm crazy. But if your not genuinely interested in fellowship and helping a dying part of the body then please don't even respond. Just let me die all alone. (All references to die or dying are figurative speeches and not an indication of suicide. I would not do that to my wife and i do not wish to go to the lake of fire.)

O my W4J. You and I have had one conversation by phone and what you have posted is very true. You are one of those people who :wallwhen it comes to a visible favor from God. I have been praying to our Lord for things to change in your life, especially that your Wife would recover from her accident.

I'm almost as frustrated as you because so far, I haven't received any good news for either you or your wonderful Wife. At present, I honestly don't know what to say to you. Your life reminds me of Job in the Old Testament (Covenant). Folk have responded to you like Job's friends with empty advise instead of being silent and just being a friend who understands.

The reason that I haven't called again is because I just don't know what to say and that's very rare for me. What I can say is; I love you, and can in the Spirit, feel a little of the mental pain and anguish that you are experiencing. Just the fact that you haven't given up on God to come to your aid and help you, shows me that your have a wonderful heart for God, and love for the Lord Jesus in spite of His silence.

Inside? I feel so helpless to give you aid in some way. What I can do is step up my praying for you as well as keeping your situation in front of my mind to witness a few miracles for you and your Wife. I love you very much my special friend and Brother....:hug

A thought came to me just now. This may be from the Holy Spirit, or my own mind. Probably the Holy Spirit....This quote is from e-Sword.com and theologian John Gill, one of my favorites....The following is the verse that the Holy Spirit brought to my mind....

Genesis 22:1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.(KJV)
Genesis 22:1 After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, "Abraham!" And he said, "Here I am."(ESV)

John Gill...."that God did tempt Abraham; not to sin, as Satan does, for God tempts no man, nor can he be tempted in this sense; and, had Abraham slain his son, it would have been no sin in him, it being by the order of God, who is the Lord of life, and the sovereign disposer of it; but he tempted him, that is, he tried him, to prove him, and to know his faith in him, his fear of him, his love to him, and cheerful obedience to his commands; not in order to know these himself, which he was not ignorant of, but to make them known to others, and that Abraham's faith might be strengthened yet more and more, as in the issue it was."

One last thing, Hang in there my friend, God can make a way, when there is no way.
Proverbs 20:24 A man's steps are from the LORD; how then can man understand his way?
Immerse yourself in the Word of God every morning, and I believe that He who caused His Word to be our Holy Handbook, an operator's manual, will come thru for you.

When I'm down in the dumps I've found one of the best ways to get out is to "Get Out" get out of the house and do the Lords work by spreading the gospel, if you don't feel like it now you will after you take that first step. Don't worry about what your going to say to people, the Lord will take care of that.. Guaranteed you'll feel like a new man..:)

I'm going to have to be honest with you, and don't take this personal whatsoever. I can somewhat relate to you, but not really. I can relate to the heartache that life produces, but your attitude towards God I cannot relate to. My life has some very rough patches in it, as I think every single one of us does have. I have never cursed God with my situation. If anything, I cling on harder to him. Sometimes the only good thing going in my life, is God! There is something, someone who does hate you.......that would be the devil. He wants you to hate God as much as he hates God. God is good Brother. This life is hard and we have someone working against us, and it ain't God. If God shows us something to change, it is for our good.

I'm going to have to be honest with you, and don't take this personal whatsoever. I can somewhat relate to you, but not really. I can relate to the heartache that life produces, but your attitude towards God I cannot relate to. My life has some very rough patches in it, as I think every single one of us does have. I have never cursed God with my situation. If anything, I cling on harder to him. Sometimes the only good thing going in my life, is God! There is something, someone who does hate you.......that would be the devil. He wants you to hate God as much as he hates God. God is good Brother. This life is hard and we have someone working against us, and it ain't God. If God shows us something to change, it is for our good.
Hopefully you can never relate.

When I'm down in the dumps I've found one of the best ways to get out is to "Get Out" get out of the house and do the Lords work by spreading the gospel, if you don't feel like it now you will after you take that first step. Don't worry about what your going to say to people, the Lord will take care of that.. Guaranteed you'll feel like a new man..:)

There is something very supernatural in what you have just posted TOB, very supernatural!! There have been times when the Lord impressed upon my mind to do something out of the ordinary. When I first thought about it, I got all excited. BUT! The morning of the event, I was scared and didn't want to do it.

Just like TOB wrote, I took the first step out of my comfort zone, being obedient to what I thought God had communicated to me, and, WOW, the excitement returned and wonderful results came, and I couldn't help but praise the Lord continually. Even today, one of those events still brings a smile to my old, wrinkled, grey bearded puss.

Passing out tracts is a wonderful exercise for forgetting our woes....I really like http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1163/1163_01.asp

I can't pass out or give what i don't have. I can't sell something I'm not having good luck with. They should have never kept selling the edsel.

I don't feel like a Christian anymore. I don't trust God in fact it's the opposite that i feel he just let's everybody beat on me emotionally speaking and that these trials will never stop. (I'm not referring to this forum). I have no peace and I'm just tired. Eugene quoted Deuteronomy 31:8 in another post. I feel like that's exactly what happened and if not for a intense fear of going to hell when i die i would just say forget it and lay in bed till i die of malnourishment. I have no friends or fellowship here in the real world. God doesn't speak to me or i can't hear it. We don't have enough money to pay all the bills. We can't receive government assistance because my children don't live with me full time and I'm so sick of people telling me to trust God when he's allowed all this to happen in the first place. Trust him for what? More heartache, pain, unrest, and worry? I'm pretty sure that's all i can count on anymore is that he will allow us to suffer until we die. If all you are going to do is insult me our give me advice without knowing my situation this is NOT the thread for you. If you want to take the time to get to know me outside of a keyboard and monitor and venture into the realm of verbal fellowship then this IS the thread for you. I don't even care if i give you my number and you block yours the first time you call because you're not sure if I'm crazy. But if your not genuinely interested in fellowship and helping a dying part of the body then please don't even respond. Just let me die all alone. (All references to die or dying are figurative speeches and not an indication of suicide. I would not do that to my wife and i do not wish to go to the lake of fire.)
My email address is bill.gillan@ntlworld.com

We live on the opposite side of the world so talking over the phone may be difficult but if at anytime you want to talk let me know.

E-mail me any time I may not get back straight away but I wil get back to you.

Thinking of you and will pray you.

Bill

I'm praying for you man. Lack of resources is stressful, and there are always stresses on top of that, it seems. I've been there, so have a lot of people here. I'll pray for you.

I will say that Christ isn't your problem. Its normal for some people to be angry at God. I was, for a while before I got saved. Sometimes, there are "Christians" who make Christianity really, really unappealing (not talking about anyone here, btw--I have plenty of them in my own zipcode). That was part of my journey...seeing that many claim Christ with hate-filled hearts and use The Bible as a weapon for their own agendas. **sigh**

I don't have any answers for you. I think I recommended you consider an antidepressant or...something. That's mostly because of personal experience, honestly. I get so down sometimes I get irrational. Wellbutrin isn't exactly a magic pill, but it helps be get and stay more rational w/o causing too many problems. Counseling...I dunno. I've had 1 or 2 good counselors, and I've been subjected to a lot of bad ones. Some of the meanest, most hate-filled people I've ever encountered...I mean, straight up controlling, sadistic, etc....were counselors. Don't even get me started on the psychiatrists...

But that's not relevant to you. Sorry. Remember that God is Love. Bad things still happen to decent people and good things happen to wicked people. The rain falls and the sun shines on good and bad alike...

I know its hard when people say "get a job!" and you can't, or the jobs won't sustain...life. Once, after I was put in a mental hospital and destroyed--I mean, left dead eyed and stupid destroyed--I tried working at a small, local movie theater. The shrinks who'd destroyed me told my manager and co-workers everything (they all hung out together), and my manager and co-workers made my life a living Hell...all for minimum wage and terrible hours. If my parents hadn't been supporting me (despite what the docs at the mental hospital told them to do), I'd have gone homeless or something.

I keep you up in prayer. Try to ignore self-righteous people, both Christian and unbelievers. Remember that God loves you, and He knows right where you're at. I can take a guess at what you're going through and kinda sorta relate, but...God is right there and He knows what's going on even better than you do.

I agree with Christ_empowered. God does love you knows right where you are at. I would just like to add that you can tell God that, you can speak it out, you can cry it out, David did and so did Jesus.

My email address is bill.gillan@ntlworld.com

We live on the opposite side of the world so talking over the phone may be difficult but if at anytime you want to talk let me know.

E-mail me any time I may not get back straight away but I wil get back to you.

Thinking of you and will pray you.

Bill

Say Bill, you might want to share your email address in a pm..

Just a thought.. :wave

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back