Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I Need Mousetrap Ideas!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
He knew what he was doing. He caught 5 mice and killed them all with out blood and then brought them to me. I never saw a single cat who got more than 1 or 2.

Really? Ouch! :blackeye

I didn't know that you had chickens.
We used to. We had 3 laying hens. They were named Laverne, Shirly and Goldie. Shirlie was bitten right in the face by a water moccassin. She only had a 10% chance to survive, but survive she did. Though her eggs looked a little funny from then on and her growth was a little stunted.

We used to. We had 3 laying hens. They were named Laverne, Shirly and Goldie. Shirlie was bitten right in the face by a water moccassin. She only had a 10% chance to survive, but survive she did. Though her eggs looked a little funny from then on and her growth was a little stunted.
OH! OOOOOH! OOOOOUUUUH! Don't do that! Now I have to tell the true story about thue three legged chicken!

A man was driving along a rural road one day when he saw a three legged chicken running down the road. He was amused enough to drive along side it for a while, as he was driving he noticed the chicken was running 30 mph.

Pretty fast chicken, he thought, I wonder just how fast it can run. So he sped up and the chicken did too! They were now moving along the road at 45 mph!

The man in the car sped up again, to his surprise the chicken was still running ahead of him at 60 mph!!!

Suddenly the chicken turned off the road and ran down a long driveway leading to a farmhouse. The man followed the chicken to the house and saw a man in the yard with dozens of three legged chickens. The man in the car called out to the farmer "How did you get all these three legged chickens?"

The farmer replied, "I breed 'em. Ya see it's me, my wife and my son living here and we all like to eat the chicken leg. Since a chicken only has two legs, I started breeding this three legged variety so we could all eat our favorite piece."

"That's amazing!" said the driver "How do they taste?"

"Don't rightly know, I ain't caught one yet!"

I was starting to think that my anti freeze had got hom because it's been out for awhile now. But last night the smart little mouse set off a mouse trap but didn't get caught in it!

I think he stays under the refrigerator a lot. I always see him in the kitchen (mostly). And I know they stick to the walls so I set up the antifreeze and a mouse trap too, right up against the wall by the back of the frige. I think he must have been jumping over my trap, but it almost got him last night.

I think he's in more desperate times than before because ever since he got into my cookies, I've made a grand effort to keep all food stuffs picked up and put away...so he's prolly hungry and getting reckless.

I'm going to try what Brother Bill said, with the sardine oil. That sounds like a good idea and I like sardines anyway so I'll get some next trip for groceries...

Hopefully you get him one of these times. We have had good luck with dcon reusable mouse traps. They are easy to set and the mouse crawls inside. They look different than the flat traps. It seems to be fairly sensitive, too.

I was starting to think that my anti freeze had got hom because it's been out for awhile now. But last night the smart little mouse set off a mouse trap but didn't get caught in it!

I think he stays under the refrigerator a lot. I always see him in the kitchen (mostly). And I know they stick to the walls so I set up the antifreeze and a mouse trap too, right up against the wall by the back of the frige. I think he must have been jumping over my trap, but it almost got him last night.

I think he's in more desperate times than before because ever since he got into my cookies, I've made a grand effort to keep all food stuffs picked up and put away...so he's prolly hungry and getting reckless.

I'm going to try what Brother Bill said, with the sardine oil. That sounds like a good idea and I like sardines anyway so I'll get some next trip for groceries...

I still think that having him drink antifreeze is mean. :sad

Hopefully you get him one of these times. We have had good luck with dcon reusable mouse traps. They are easy to set and the mouse crawls inside. They look different than the flat traps. It seems to be fairly sensitive, too.

I had planned to get some sardines and tuna in oil like Brother Bill suggested but I haven't been to the store yet. So I spotted my jar of bacon grease in the cupboard thought hey that might work too! So I reset all 4 of the wood snap traps with bacon grease lightly smeared on them! And I came up with another DIY thing but prolly shouldn't mention the details of that. I don't want to gross any of the girls out here, lol.

I'm trying to not have to spend any money on it, soI have to get him pretty soon and if I don't then I'll have to spend some money on something commercial.

I still think that having him drink antifreeze is mean. :sad

I know but I found a couple spots he likes to poop. And I don't like that. :angry

And here comes the coldest part of winter too, so if I don't get him quick, I could have 400 of them in here pooping! So...yeah, I put a contract out on him.

I know but I found a couple spots he likes to poop. And I don't like that. :angry

And here comes the coldest part of winter too, so if I don't get him quick, I could have 400 of them in here pooping! So...yeah, I put a contract out on him.

Isn't there a more humane way to dispose of him or her though?

Well looks like we have another little friend inside the house and our kitty definitely knows about it. When she was stalking around, widening her eyes, and just staring on certain spots on the ground I thought that she was having a nervous breakdown at first. XD!

Actually, I don't know why she was doing that since I didn't actually see anything, but it's apparent we have one since its been stealing food. I can hear it through the walls and ceiling (unless there's more than one) and I think that she can hear it through the register.

I have had one lone mouse move in! He is very smart! I bought regular mousetraps, old styly and put several atround his haunts, and he wouldn't touch any of them! Peanut butter or cheese.

I like DIY things so I went online and googled, and I built an electric mousetrap and it was nice and I expected it to work. I put oatmeal inside of it and a little bit of peanut butter on the outside and left it for a couple weeks. (I read that mice like oatmeal and other dry grains but had never tried it before? Do it work?)
3 weeks set up and hot and he would not touch it. Too smart I think. I see him sometimes and he appears full grown.

So off to youtube and found these 5 gallon bucket traps that the guys were making and he said he caught 10 mice in it, so I thought it looked good and built one. the first one had a platform which would dump the mouse into the bucket of water, he wouldn't go for that, so I reworked it to have a piece of 3/4" pvc pipe which spanned the inner diameter of the bucket and spread peanut butter on the middle of it. So when the mouse walks out onto the pvc pipe, it spins and dumps him into the bucket. I tried that for about 10 days, and even had a nice little wood rampthat he could walk up it to the bucket. A little PB on the bottom & middle of the ramp to get him started, and he ate that but didn't go up and fall in. This little mouse is smart!

I have to get him. I moved into a house whoich already had a lot of mice one time in Colorado, and thought, so what? So there is a few mice and didn't worry about it. A few months later that house was infested! I could hear them in the drop ceiling above the family room and it was bad. (My dog Riggs actually caught 5 of them!) but it wasn't enough, so I had to break down and buy D_Con poison and after a long stern discussion with Riggs to not eat it or any mice, I swear he understood and when he would catch one after that, he would bring it to me and be gently and not bite them. It worked, but I do not want to use poison this time.

How do I outsmart a smart mouse? I am out of ideas.
Make friends with him and keep him as a pet.
I think they're pretty cute.
And what harm could he do?
:)

Hmmmm.
I could send you Vito and Vinnie.
They're pretty good at writing up contracts.
I think they like cute mice though....

I had planned to get some sardines and tuna in oil like Brother Bill suggested but I haven't been to the store yet. So I spotted my jar of bacon grease in the cupboard thought hey that might work too! So I reset all 4 of the wood snap traps with bacon grease lightly smeared on them! And I came up with another DIY thing but prolly shouldn't mention the details of that. I don't want to gross any of the girls out here, lol.

I'm trying to not have to spend any money on it, soI have to get him pretty soon and if I don't then I'll have to spend some money on something commercial.
Bacon, tune, sardines.....
heck --- I'M coming over!

Good night Ed.....

1582581770784.png

Glue traps where you see the poop...it's either that or stop feeding the cat. The cat will then become motivated to catch the mice.

Glue traps where you see the poop...it's either that or stop feeding the cat. The cat will then become motivated to catch the mice.

He doesn't have a cat and eating mice isn't good for a cat's system. Not to mention the fact that stopping its feeding wouldn't be good for it either.

What do you think cats ate before the convenience of bagged cat foods? Mice, birds, lizards, snakes, etc. This is what God made cats to eat. He did not make them to eat dry foods or processed pet food.

Anyway, I am wishing I had a cat right now. We have had some mice running around, and I am sure there is a smart one avoiding the traps. Maybe I should try different bait. Wonder if cheese is more their style.

What do you think cats ate before the convenience of bagged cat foods? Mice, birds, lizards, snakes, etc. This is what God made cats to eat. He did not make them to eat dry foods or processed pet food.

Anyway, I am wishing I had a cat right now. We have had some mice running around, and I am sure there is a smart one avoiding the traps. Maybe I should try different bait. Wonder if cheese is more their style.
:hysterical

It's not the good ole' days !
My cat won't even eat all brands of cat food !
I'd like to do an experiment and see how many days without food it would take till he ate ANYTHING I gave him.

But I like him too much....
:halo

Back