Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I need other Christians help

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Just made my account today. I just need advice and honestly just some prayers sent my way.
My mother died at the beginning of this year. I used too be a heavy drinker at times and I quit for a while. Got really close too God. But now I have been tempted too drink again and have! I also suffer from panic attacks and severe anxiety and have a perscription of meds that pulls me out of panic mode. Im getting pulled back and forth..... On one hand I believe God will help... and I have asked for Him too deliver me from my addiction of drinking and my panic. On the other hand... how do you stop living a sinful life??? I wanna be the best for God and my family. I gotta get answers from other Christians like myself. Thank you guys.

Just made my account today. I just need advice and honestly just some prayers sent my way.
My mother died at the beginning of this year. I used too be a heavy drinker at times and I quit for a while. Got really close too God. But now I have been tempted too drink again and have! I also suffer from panic attacks and severe anxiety and have a perscription of meds that pulls me out of panic mode. Im getting pulled back and forth..... On one hand I believe God will help... and I have asked for Him too deliver me from my addiction of drinking and my panic. On the other hand... how do you stop living a sinful life??? I wanna be the best for God and my family. I gotta get answers from other Christians like myself. Thank you guys.
GOD is the author and perfector of your faith - the work He started in you He will complete - thank Him for taking claim to you and making you His own at a very great price - rest in His faithfulness to work in you and make all things turn around - be honest with Him - He knows you better than you know yourself - He knows why you are drinking - you probably don't know why you are doing it - it's probably to drown out some pain or something - face Him daily and watch Him work things through with you - this is you chance to see God work again in your life - you are loved by God and us - keeping you in prayer

GOD is the author and perfector of your faith - the work He started in you He will complete - thank Him for taking claim to you and making you His own at a very great price - rest in His faithfulness to work in you and make all things turn around - be honest with Him - He knows you better than you know yourself - He knows why you are drinking - you probably don't know why you are doing it - it's probably to drown out some pain or something - face Him daily and watch Him work things through with you - this is you chance to see God work again in your life - you are loved by God and us - keeping you in prayer
Thank you. Very much appreciated. I am trying.... God bless

Thank you. Very much appreciated. I am trying.... God bless
just hang on to God - don't focus on your ability or lack thereof - we are the weak link - God is the strong link - we need Him - we all fail without Him - He is faithful - His love and power will pull you through - try to think about His love and power rather than your weakness and failings - this difficulty will pass - God will do it for and through you and you will come out stronger in God than ever before - God bless you dear brother - adding you to the different prayer groups i am a part of

another thing that may help is do something you love doing to fill yourself up with something life-giving and that may help drown out the pain etc you are feeling til God heals you

or watch comedies or something positive to break the negative cycle and then go back to spending time with God - iow when you hit a brick wall with God shake out of it by doing something fun and then go back at it with God with a happier attitude

just some suggestions that may or may not work for you

I can relate brother. I went through some times similar to what you described. My wife ran off with another man, and left me with 3 young boys. I struggled to take care of them and hold down a job. I smoked pot and got high on pills, because I was severely depressed.

Keep asking God to help you, to give you grace and strength to resist the desire to drink and abuse pills. He will.

I important thing I discovered is to stay away from people who drink and do drugs, and only associated with Godly people who are free from such things. It may mean you disconnect from friends or family members who are immoral.

Becoming set apart, or consecrated unto God is extremely important if we truly want to be free; to serve God and our family.

Praying for you.

JLB

2Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

We all have areas of struggles in our life even though we are Spiritually born again from above and indwelled with the Holy Spirit as we are still human living within this fleshly body where the nature to sin exist. Our infirmities need to be drawing us closer to Christ as we surrender all of our self to Him and allow God's grace work in our life. Everyday when we awake we need to crucify this flesh and concentrate on our walk with the Lord as everyday is a new beginning as yesterday is dead and gone.

It also helps to get into the word of God and surround yourself with Christian friends that will help support you, encourage you and build your self up to be the man of God in all humility and integrity as you pick up your cross and follow after Jesus. We are here to hep you and are praying for you, but it is up to you to take that first step as you go before the Father and surrender all to Him.

God bless and praying for you.

I've recently, through a tangled mess of misunderstandings and hurt feelings, lost a faith community that was my life. I so wanted to drink. And when I didn't, I so wanted to die. Since I've had Hep. C. for 48 years, alcohol probably would've soon solved my problems...permanently.
I just kept putting one foot in front of the other until the emotional storm I was experiencing started subsiding. The waves are still coming, but they're not as big today. I'm dealing with things as best I can as they come. Eventually, today will end.
I was living with my parents, whom I dearly loved, some years ago when my mother passed away. Sigh. Nine days later I walked into the living room, only to find my dad also gone. I was left alone. But the Lord and I got through it...somehow.
17 years later and I still tear up when I talk about it. I miss them both terribly! Hang in there brother...you're not alone! 😐

Consider finding a local AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) chapter in your area. They have a proven track record of helping people deal with alcohol addiction. I have three friends that were heavy into alcohol addiction and all three of them found help through AA. And, as others have already noted, seek God with all your heart. He can heal you.

The 12-step program was a helpful stepping-stone on my journey. Seeking the Lord until I found Him in the way that I needed has gotten me through. He is faithful!
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5

Simple answer with few steps;

Ask yourself this question if you want to fulfill destiny before it's too late.

"Will drinking alcohol make me live to fulfill God's plan in this life?"

If your answer is yes! Hurray then Continue drinking ....

If you think alcohol will destroy you and make you lose opportunity of being what God wants you to be!

Open your eyes and see it by yourself. Look at your future with alcohol and without alcohol.

Let me help you with Deuteronomy 30:15

"See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction."

Read by yourself Deuteronomy 30:19

It is a matter of choice. The alcohol is in the bottle. To some it is the forbidden fruit and to others it is to their destruction.

What is between a person and alcohol is wisdom and what is behind a person and alcohol is their foolishness

After drinking alcohol you will see wisdom and if alcohol finally destroys a man he will remember his foolishness.

Nobody wants to die!

Repent and surrender your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ today.

I recommend reading some posts in emojidevotions in the devotional section

Thank you everybody for giving my soul some comfort. Your words mean alot. I am taking all into consideration. Trying too have God help me... its hard to feel worthy too even ask Him for help. But I know He is listening and helping in the back ground already. I will post more here in a bit.
none of us are worthy - if we each take an honest look at ourselves we each will be disappointed in self - God loves us not because we are so good but because He is so good - He loves us because He is love - rest in His unconditional love for you - He wants you and He is not going to lose you - He is Almighty - you can never mess up more powerfully than God's powerful love can deal with it

Thank you everybody for giving my soul some comfort. Your words mean alot. I am taking all into consideration. Trying too have God help me... its hard to feel worthy too even ask Him for help. But I know He is listening and helping in the back ground already. I will post more here in a bit.
To your comment "it's hard to feel worthy" consider this. Almighty God gave His one and only begotten Son's life for you. How worthy does that make you? You are worth His life and heaven rejoices when one is saved.

"I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance."
Luke 15:7 NKJV

Last edited:
Just random thoughts….

High dose vitamin supplements have helped me a good bit. I need less psych stuff and I experience fewer adverse effects. Short term sedatives can be helpful especially when stopping drinking but long term use is often problematic. My own experience with dependence on Klonopin by prescription was miserable and I would never want that for anyone.

Other than that…you are in my prayers.

Hi 👋

Benzodiazepines are sneaky things. Some people can take them as needed forever and ever no problems. A substantial percentage of people who consume them for longer than 4 weeks or so have problems associated with sedative use and not just difficulty tapering.cognitive problems mood instability disinhibition exacerbation of psychiatric stuff on and on.

Not really trying to scare you..especially for as needed use in intense anxiety they’re the best studied fastest acting option…

It’s just something my shrink never told me until I was dependent had drug induced problems and then the shrink only tapered because I wasn’t a big money making patient. Ugh. Buyer beware etc.

another thing that may help is do something you love doing to fill yourself up with something life-giving and that may help drown out the pain etc you are feeling til God heals you

or watch comedies or something positive to break the negative cycle and then go back to spending time with God - iow when you hit a brick wall with God shake out of it by doing something fun and then go back at it with God with a happier attitude

just some suggestions that may or may not work for you
Lemme ask a question... what gets a man too heaven?? Im interested in your feelings on this topic

Back