Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need some prayers...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

guimond777

Hi everyone!

I need some prayers....here is a little background on my situation first....(may be long)

I recently got a new job that requires me to move to Ohio, which is fine, as I feel this is Gods direction for myself and my family. Everything is fine and set, job going good, we found a brand new house up there and put an offer on it (which was accepted, yay!). Everything was going as smooth as silk. God let us to it, after all. Why wouldn't it?

Well, we put our house on the market here. Houses have been selling in 20 days or less on average in my neighborhood. We thought we'd be in good shape, cause our house is beautiful, in a desire neighborhood, etc. But that hasn't been the case. We have had close to 30 showings on it and only 2 offers (first one the woman backed out, and the 2nd the people low-balled me big time and I couldn't accept, as I needed an X amount of profit to buy the new house).

It's been over a month, and my contingent offer on my new house is creeping up. If I don't get an offer on my current home soon I risk losing the house that I found and everything will crumble after that. My wife and I are getting stressed out over it and are actually starting to fight when it gets brought up (we never fight). It's causing a lot of headaches and negative feelings in our home.

I really need prayers on getting my house sold *soon*. I'm afraid to not only lose my house in Ohio, but the fighting with my wife over it is causing a slight rift between us (which I don't want). I know God led me down this path and he'll see me through it, but it still does not ease my anxiety over the matter. I really need prayers for a buyer in the worst way so I can continue walking to the path God wants me.

Thanks for reading, and god bless :)

Hi and welcome dear brother in Jesus' name.
Dear Father, You know the timing, the stress being felt by this family, and the need of them selling their previous home. Please accomplish all these things to Your glory, and their peace of mind. Help them not assign blame to one another, and have Your love love preside in their lives toward each other. Thank You Father, and I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Be careful:
Anxious
Paranoid
Paranoid schizophrenic episode
Etc.

We all have needs and God cares for every hair on our head. You may be experiencing help in some way.

I am not agreeing with crumble. I believe for good coming out of all this.

eddif

You & your family are in my prayers, guimond777.

Do not allow negativity to bring unwanted stress into your situation. When you're home from work, spend time in prayer with your wife about the housing matter as well as the ability to continue to put complete faith that all will work out.

Please keep us updated, our new friend & brother in Christ :wave2

Hi and welcome dear brother in Jesus' name.
Dear Father, You know the timing, the stress being felt by this family, and the need of them selling their previous home. Please accomplish all these things to Your glory, and their peace of mind. Help them not assign blame to one another, and have Your love love preside in their lives toward each other. Thank You Father, and I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.
:amen

Father, we know that you have just the right family in mind to buy this house from guimond777. We thank You for a quick sell at the amount that is needed so that they can buy the new house. Surround them in Your peace that passes all of their understanding, and as they commit their plans unto You, thank You Father for causing their thoughts to line up with Your Will so that their plans will be established and succeed. Thank You for comforting them with the comfort that only You can bring, and make them prosperous and blessed exceeding, abundantly above all they could ever ask or think. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Thank you everyone for your prayers :)

I know in my heart God is in control. Sometimes we all just need a little help as we get attacked by the enemy. I keep reminding myself that even the smallest bit of faith can move the mightiest of mountains, and no matter how much I get pounded by negative thoughts, I cling onto that faith (regardless of how big it is at the time) and focus on that.

I will keep everyone posted as things progress!

Back