Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I think that 666 is witchcraft, magick, sorcery

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi everyone. Is there anyone else that thinks the same?

Right hand and forehead is a metaphor for thinking evil since our brains are behind the forehead and most people are right handed it means doing evil.

Love and Thanks

Jesus came under the law. The law of Moses was external. If Jesus had been clear they would have done the ceremonial without an inner change of Heart and mind.

You are talking with a redneck. You can keep the law on the outside and not on the inside. I fight the battle myself.

At Pentecost the law was placed in hearts and minds. He (Jesus) works in us to will and do of his good pleasure.

The total depravity existed at Noah’s time. Mankind was almost totally destroyed.

Only evil continually is total depravity. To sin at times is terrible, but it is not total.

We all sin and fall short of the Glory of God.

Are we getting anywhere?

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Everything you stated is Biblically correct.

I remember somewhere that the Greek 666 very closely matches a phrase from Islam "In the name of Allah" I'd have to do some digging but I'm currently unable to do so. If I can find it I will post it here later.
From the Qur’an:

‘In the name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy.

‘Praise belongs to God, Lord of the Worlds, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy, Master of the Day of Judgement. It is You we worship; it is You we ask for help. Guide us to the straight path, the path of those You have blessed, those who incur no anger and who have not gone astray.’ (‘al-Fatihah’).

Why do you insult your Lord?

Last edited:
From the Qur’an:

‘Praise belongs to God, Lord of the Worlds, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy, Master of the Day of Judgement. It is You we worship; it is You we ask for help. Guide us to the straight path, the path of those You have blessed, those who incur no anger and who have not gone astray.’ (‘al-Fatihah’).

Not sure what you mean, the allah of the quran is not the same Jehovah of the Bible. The two are very much diametrically opposed and mutually exclusive one to the other, you have to read the whole book to get the full view not just cherry pluck some verses out that look nice. This particular line of thought I find is not worth investing any more time in other than to say I disagree with your premise.

From the Qur’an:

The Lord of the Muslim Quran, is not the Lord of the Bible.

Reactions: JLB
The Lord of the Muslim Quran, is not the Lord of the Bible.
Let’s look again at Sūrah ‘Al-Fatiha’:

‘In the name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy! Praise belongs to God, Lord of the Worlds, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy, Master of the Day of Judgement. It is You we worship; it is You we ask for help. Guide us to the straight path: the path of those You have blessed, those who incur no anger and who have not gone astray.’

The word ‘Rabb’ (‘Lord’) is derived from the same root as the Arabic for ‘womb’ (‘raḥim’); as such, it carries connotations of caring; of nurturing; of sustaining.

The words: ‘….of the Worlds’ renders the Arabic ‘Al- alamin’; meaning the worlds of mankind, of angels, of animals, of plants, of this world and the next, and so forth.

In short, the Sūrah speaks of a God who is the Creator and Sustainer of all that exists; who alone is worthy of worship.

Where in the Bible does it speak of two such Gods?

Not sure what you mean, the allah of the quran is not the same Jehovah of the Bible. The two are very much diametrically opposed and mutually exclusive one to the other, you have to read the whole book to get the full view not just cherry pluck some verses out that look nice. This particular line of thought I find is not worth investing any more time in other than to say I disagree with your premise.
Then we'll agree to disagree. Have a nice day.

Let’s look again at Sūrah ‘Al-Fatiha’:

‘In the name of God, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy! Praise belongs to God, Lord of the Worlds, the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy, Master of the Day of Judgement. It is You we worship; it is You we ask for help. Guide us to the straight path: the path of those You have blessed, those who incur no anger and who have not gone astray.’

The word ‘Rabb’ (‘Lord’) is derived from the same root as the Arabic for ‘womb’ (‘raḥim’); as such, it carries connotations of caring; of nurturing; of sustaining.

The words: ‘….of the Worlds’ renders the Arabic ‘Al- alamin’; meaning the worlds of mankind, of angels, of animals, of plants, of this world and the next, and so forth.

In short, the Sūrah speaks of a God who is the Creator and Sustainer of all that exists; who alone is worthy of worship.

Where in the Bible does it speak of two such Gods?
I guess you have a point......I do not know what it is.

Make sure you grasp what I AM saying. The God of the Quran is not the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible has a Son and His name is Jesus.

The Muslim faith has NO way to remove sin as does the Christain faith.
There are those who assume that Allah, the God of Islam, is just another name for Yahweh or Jehovah, the God of the Bible. However, it is clear that the God of Islam is not the same God as revealed in Scripture.

The God of the Bible Never Lies: Can that be said of Allah. Does the Quran Deceive?​

Actually It has been observed that in three different places the Quran actually teaches that Allah actually intentionally deceives people. They are as follows.

Surah 3:54....."And they planned and Allah (also) planned and Allah is the best of planners."

Surah 8:30......"And when those who disbelieved devised plans against you that they might confine you or slay you or drive you away; and they devised plans and Allah too had arranged a plan; and Allah is the best of planners."

Now, just to be clear, the English translations of these verses use words like “plan,” or “the best planner” when speaking of Allah. However, it has been argued that the Arabic word actually means “deceives.” If this is the case, then the Quran teaches that Allah is a God of deception.

Again, so that we are clear The Quran, contains direct attacks against the doctrine of the Trinity.

The Quran itself declares the following.

Surah 5:73........"Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three; and there is no god but the one God, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among them who disbelieve."

The following statement in the Queran could not be clearer; Allah does not have a son.
Surah 4:171...."O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak lies against Allah, but speak the truth; the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary is only an apostle of Allah and his Word which he communicated to Mary and a spirit from him; believe therefore in Allah and his apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from his glory that he should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is his, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector. "

I guess you have a point......I do not know what it is.

Make sure you grasp what I AM saying. The God of the Quran is not the God of the Bible. The God of the Bible has a Son and His name is Jesus.

The Muslim faith has NO way to remove sin as does the Christain faith.
There are those who assume that Allah, the God of Islam, is just another name for Yahweh or Jehovah, the God of the Bible. However, it is clear that the God of Islam is not the same God as revealed in Scripture.

The God of the Bible Never Lies: Can that be said of Allah. Does the Quran Deceive?​

Actually It has been observed that in three different places the Quran actually teaches that Allah actually intentionally deceives people. They are as follows.

Surah 3:54....."And they planned and Allah (also) planned and Allah is the best of planners."

Surah 8:30......"And when those who disbelieved devised plans against you that they might confine you or slay you or drive you away; and they devised plans and Allah too had arranged a plan; and Allah is the best of planners."

Now, just to be clear, the English translations of these verses use words like “plan,” or “the best planner” when speaking of Allah. However, it has been argued that the Arabic word actually means “deceives.” If this is the case, then the Quran teaches that Allah is a God of deception.

Again, so that we are clear The Quran, contains direct attacks against the doctrine of the Trinity.

The Quran itself declares the following.

Surah 5:73........"Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three; and there is no god but the one God, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among them who disbelieve."

The following statement in the Queran could not be clearer; Allah does not have a son.
Surah 4:171...."O followers of the Book! do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak lies against Allah, but speak the truth; the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary is only an apostle of Allah and his Word which he communicated to Mary and a spirit from him; believe therefore in Allah and his apostles, and say not, Three. Desist, it is better for you; Allah is only one God; far be It from his glory that he should have a son, whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth is his, and Allah is sufficient for a Protector. "
Greetings, Rodger,

Thank you for your courteous reply.

You have raised interesting topics; each deserving of a considered response.

I am working on this now; in šāʾ Allāh, I’ll come back….sooner, rather than later!

Have a great day.

Blessings.

Back