Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

I would like a Christian perspective on population?

I my self do believe in god...But i also do believe in science as just a little glimpse
into how god created everything.

I would really appreciate a Christians perspective on the population problem.

Do Christians believe we have one?

[link edited out by staff]

Last edited by a moderator:
Some parts of the world are crowded and over-populated, some look like isolated parched lands.... Some countries are producing babies like rabbits even in poverty, some others have one-child or face fine policies that faces a potential terrible risk of millions of men possibly having to remain single or turning gay due to lack of women to marry.

I don't think the world as a whole has a population problem, it's individual countries.

What Tina is saying is that there is no problem with population, the problem lies with politics (and corruption).

And she is right.

Yes we have one, but it's of our own making. Look at Africa. Africa can only support so many people, but when their population gets out of control and people starve we send them tons of food. What do they do then? Why, make more babies of course. So then they have even MORE people, they starve, we send them food. It's a vicious cycle. It seems cruel to let people starve, but all we're doing is setting up the greatest famine in human history, it will be ugly.

Keep in mind this isn't the average Christian's perspective, as most will want to send them food an relieve their suffering unmindful of the suffering we will be causing in the future.

http://www.simplyshrug.com/index.ph...verpopulation-myth&catid=31:general&Itemid=50

"Upon examining the US, we find out that Texas fits the bill nicely. In fact, Texas has 261,797.12 square miles of land. Which is, in fact, more than the area we need to house all 7 billion of us at typical New York City densities. Meaning every man, woman, and child living and breathing on the face of the Earth could fit in relative comfort within the land territory of the State of Texas."

Of course, then we'd give up all of the agricultural land in Texas and everyone can starve.

The more people there are, the more potential followers of Christ there are. I can't think of any CHRISTIAN nations with this sort of problem, only pagan and atheist ones.

The more people there are, the more potential followers of Christ there are. I can't think of any CHRISTIAN nations with this sort of problem, only pagan and atheist ones.

It's our problem too, as non-Christian nations become overpopulated we ship them into Christian ones by the millions. At the current rate in only a few decades Europe will have a Muslim majority, and how do you think they'll treat us when that happens?

I love Jackie Chan.
images

how about the verse that says: Be fruitful and multiply the earth?:dunno :shrug :confused

It's our problem too, as non-Christian nations become overpopulated we ship them into Christian ones by the millions. At the current rate in only a few decades Europe will have a Muslim majority, and how do you think they'll treat us when that happens?

They'll probably wage Jihad on us. I think we should stop them before they can.

Back