Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

If God Loved everyone !

shad said:
Orion said:
So, . . . once again, savedbygrace and mondar, . . . . please anwer this question:

Why did you god choose to make ME "one of the goats"? Why did he choose to make me someone "made for destruction"?

Orion,

If God made you a goat, you are not responsible for not being obedient to Jesus or not being a Christian. So there is no judgment for you.
Jesus is coming to judge both the quick (alive) and the dead. Therefore everyone will be judged.

Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

savedbygrace57 said:
glory:

They're only called elect because God foreknew who would be His.
He's God...He can do that.

They are called elect because He chose them in christ before the foundation of the world..eph 1:

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

God chose those who He knew would come.
He has foreknowlege.
The mystery of Christ and the church is likened to a man and a wife.
A man asks a woman he knows will say yes.
Some men can err, and get a "no", but God never errs.

Matthew 10:32 - Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 10:33 - But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

shad said:
Orion said:
So, . . . once again, savedbygrace and mondar, . . . . please anwer this question:

Why did you god choose to make ME "one of the goats"? Why did he choose to make me someone "made for destruction"?

Orion,

If God made you a goat, you are not responsible for not being obedient to Jesus or not being a Christian. So there is no judgment for you.

LOL....I love the way you make up things as you go along.
There will be a judgment for everyong.
I suggest repentance before it's too late.

glory:

God chose those who He knew would come.

More of your anti scriptural comments, for the Truth is they come because God chooses them too..ps 65:

4Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

Orion said:

How do you know he made you a goat?

glory:

More unscriptural comments, for the mystery is that the wife of christ was in Him at first, He sleeps through death, and then God brings the wife to Him Just as in the beginning with Adam..

Gen 2:

21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

24Therefore shall a man leave his father and his motherand shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Hence, Christ bride was chosen in Him before the world began..

All you do is present anti scriptural comments..

He has foreknowlege.

Gods foreknowledge of His people has nothing to do with seeing or knowing what their actions will be, but has to do with being foreloved of God, foreunion with Him..

I see you also dont know what foreknow means too, as you misapply it to promote your unscriptural comments..

mondar said:
Orion said:

How do you know he made you a goat?

Oh, I think it is obvious that I am since I'm not one who believes as you or savedbygrace does.

savedbygrace, how about your answer. Why did god make me "a goat", purposefully so that I would be destroyed that way?

orion asked:

savedbygrace, how about your answer. Why did god make me "a goat", purposefully so that I would be destroyed that way?

I have never said that you were a goat, you could be a unconverted sheep, which is very similar to a goat by nature, but if you are, then God made you that way to serve His purpose of election..

rom 9:

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

12It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

savedbygrace57 said:
glory:
More unscriptural comments, for the mystery is that the wife of christ was in Him at first, He sleeps through death, and then God brings the wife to Him Just as in the beginning with Adam..
Gen 2:
21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
Hence, Christ bride was chosen in Him before the world began..
All you do is present anti scriptural comments..
[quote:1e65442c]He has foreknowlege.
Gods foreknowledge of His people has nothing to do with seeing or knowing what their actions will be, but has to do with being foreloved of God, foreunion with Him..I see you also dont know what foreknow means too, as you misapply it to promote your unscriptural comments..[/quote:1e65442c]
That's quite a fanciful thought. You give yourself such license with the Word of God I'm surprised you haven't written your own version of the Bible to replace the one we all use.

So the believers before Christ's death were born premature, I guess?
And while He slept, his body (er...rib) was delivered unto Him.
And, just like with Adam, Eve was his body while he remained the head. :confused

Write it all in your version, and we'll see if anyone buys it.

BTW, it's you that doesn't understand what "foreknow" means.
We can add that to the list we have going already.
All, every man, all men everywhere, your, some, they, world......all are replaced with the "elect" in the new Gospel according to savedbygrace57.

Just make sure you include a glossary...else how will we know what to believe?

BTW....Here's some of God's "foreknowing" of what the "actions" of his people would be.
Jer. 1 said:
5Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations. 6Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. 7But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD. 9Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. 10See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
Romans 11 said:
2God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying, 3Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.

savedbygrace57 said:
orion asked:

I have never said that you were a goat, you could be a unconverted sheep, which is very similar to a goat by nature, but if you are, then God made you that way to serve His purpose of election..

rom 9:

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)

For the sake of argument, . . . let's say that I was bound, from the beginning, to be "a goat". What purpose does it serve to MAKE people to be punished for all eternity? If I had no choice but to be "a goat", and god chose to punish me for making me "a goat" from the beginning, . . . do you see a problem with that? I would seriously hope you would.

savedbygrace57 said:
orion asked:

rom 9:

Gosh, it would be so wonderful to have the gift of knowing who were the sheep, the unconverted sheep, and the goats. Were you born with that or did it come when you became a converted sheep? :crazy

shad said:
glorydaz said:
I suggest repentance before it's too late.

I would suggest the same to you.

My comment was directed to this statement of yours...not to you specifically.
Shad said:

Now, I suggested repentance. Perhaps you'd like to give some scripture to support what you have written here. I'm not in need of repentance...I've been washed by the blood of the Lamb. I'm speaking to your giving bad advice to the unsaved. It should not be left unopposed.

glory says:

Gosh, it would be so wonderful to have the gift of knowing who were the sheep

Jesus knows who they are !

jn 10:

14I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

Men can know who the sheep are too, else Jesus could not have told peter this:

Jn 21:16

He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

But Jesus, I dont know who your sheep are..

or paul to the elders at ephsus acts 20:28

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

But paul, we dont know who the flock are ?

The elect knows who the sheep because Jesus reveals to them who they are, they are those who are of like precious faith..as peter says:

2 pet 1:

1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

Orion said:
For the sake of argument, . . . let's say that I was bound, from the beginning, to be "a goat". What purpose does it serve to MAKE people to be punished for all eternity?
Fortunately God doesn't torture for eternity and second of all He made the pot, it broke, He can fix it!

If I had no choice but to be "a goat", and god chose to punish me for making me "a goat" from the beginning, . . . do you see a problem with that?
I do! I see a huge problem with that.

I would seriously hope you would.
Only the forensic punishment guys could find that point you made justifiable. They are the first one's that want and desire mercy but unfortunately they are unwilling to dish it back out.

I'm hoping savedbygrace answers my previous post.

And I, too, believe that the divine doesn't punish people either. Sounds way too human of a concept. . . vengence, harsh punishment, . . . more than fits the "crime".

Orion said:
I'm hoping savedbygrace answers my previous post.

And I, too, believe that the divine doesn't punish people either. Sounds way too human of a concept. . . vengence, harsh punishment, . . . more than fits the "crime".
Sorry Orion, just wanted to let you know I'm on your side.

Oh, . . no need to be sorry. . . I welcome your [and anyone else's] response, . . . just hoping that savedbygrace does as his theology is the one I have questions about. :)

orion asked:

For the sake of argument, . . . let's say that I was bound, from the beginning, to be "a goat". What purpose does it serve to MAKE people to be punished for all eternity?

I have already answered that..for the purpose of election rom 9:

If you are a goat, God did it to show the difference His Sovereign choice of election of grace makes..

My going to heaven and your going to hell, is not because I was better than you, or less sinful than you, but because God cose me over you for His own reason and purpose.. So that causes Gods elect to be humble before God and greatly appreciative of His Sovereign grace, realizing if it had not been so, we too would be heading for a christless eternity in hell..

So, do YOU believe that I "as you would call a goat" deserve to be punished because god CHOSE me to be so? Do you believe that it is a moral and ethical thing that god will do to me. . . . because he chose that torturous Hell for me, something I had no control over?

Back