Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Impossible Questions For Trinitarians

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Michael, you know the old saying... "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make the horse drink it." 8-)

R7

1:1 In the beginning was the Word. He did not have a beginning Himself, but existed from all eternity. As far as the human mind can go back, the Lord Jesus was there. He never was created. He had no beginning. (A genealogy would be out of place in this Gospel of the Son of God.) The Word was with God. He had a separate and distinct personality. He was not just an idea, a thought, or some vague kind of example, but a real Person who lived with God. The Word was God. He not only dwelt with God, but He Himself was God.
The Bible teaches that there is one God and that there are three Persons in the Godheadâ€â€the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All three of these Persons are God. In this verse, two of the Persons of the Godhead are mentionedâ€â€God the Father and God the Son. It is the first of many clear statements in this Gospel that Jesus Christ is God. It is not enough to say that He is “a god,†that He is godlike, or that He is divine. The Bible teaches that He is God.
1:2 Verse 2 would appear to be a mere repetition of what has been said, but actually it is not. This verse teaches that Christ’s personality and deity were without beginning. He did not become a person for the first time as the Babe of Bethlehem. Nor did He somehow become a god after His resurrection, as some teach today. He is God from all eternity.
1:3 All things were made through Him. He Himself was not a created being; rather He was the Creator of all things. This includes mankind, the animals, the heavenly planets, the angels â€â€all things visible and invisible. Without Him nothing was made that was made. There can be no possible exception. If a thing was made, He made it. As Creator, He is, of course, superior to anything He has created. All three Persons of the Godhead were involved in the work of creation: “God created the heavens and the earth†(Gen. 1:1). “The Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters†(Gen. 1:2). “All things were created through Him (Christ) and for Him†(Col. 1:16b).
1:4 In Him was life. This does not simply mean that He possessed life, but that He was and is the source of life. The word here includes both physical and spiritual life. When we were born, we received physical life. When we are born again, we receive spiritual life. Both come from Him.
The life was the light of men. The same One who supplied us with life is also the light of men. He provides the guidance and direction necessary for man. It is one thing to exist, but quite another to know how to live, to know the true purpose of life, and to know the way to heaven. The same One who gave us life is the One who provides us with light for the pathway we travel.
There are seven wonderful titles of our Lord Jesus Christ in this opening chapter of the Gospel. He is called (1) the Word (vv. 1, 14); (2) the Light (vv. 5, 7); (3) the Lamb of God (vv. 29, 36); (4) the Son of God (vv. 34, 49); (5) the Christ (Messiah) (v. 41); (6) the King of Israel (v. 49); and (7) the Son of Man (v. 51).
1:5 The light shines in the darkness. The entrance of sin brought darkness to the minds of men. It plunged the world into darkness in the sense that men in general neither knew God nor wanted to know Him. Into this darkness the Lord Jesus cameâ€â€a light shining in a dark place.
The darkness did not comprehend it. This may mean that the darkness did not understand the Lord Jesus when He came into the world. Men did not realize who He really was, or why He had come. Another meaning, however, is given in the NKJV margin: the darkness did not overcome it. Then the thought would be that man’s rejection and enmity did not prevent the true light from shining.

R7
like I said. I am not trying to change your mind about what you beleive.
Trully as I am writing this and even sitting in church this morning where the message was on the very scripture you quoted 2 tim 3;16 I could not help but feel compassion for you because trully you don't understand it. I pray and prayed that Jesus the son of God who is God would speak to you in a way that makes sense to you.

If you would like to hear the message of today I will send you an e mail link to hear the MP3.

R7 I will continue to pray for you as the Lord reminds me too.

jg

jgredline,

What is that translation? The Message? :biggrin Whatever it is, it's not a translation, it's a commentary - a commentary by Trinitarian authors. What would you expect them to say?

BradtheImpaler said:
jgredline,

What is that translation? The Message? :biggrin Whatever it is, it's not a translation, it's a commentary - a commentary by Trinitarian authors. What would you expect them to say?

What are you talking about?

There is one throne in heaven of the Almighty God, the First and the Last, The Everlasting Father, Immanuel, Jehovah, Elohim, The Spirit.

Jesus is referred to as each of these. You are blinded by your heretical view of the Godhead.

I thought Trinitarians didn't believe Jesus was the Father or the Spirit - since when did you become a Oneness Pentecostal?

Mr
Impaler
Unless you are born again you will not understand the things of GOD
The scriptures are but a riddle to you.
Have a nice day. :)

oscar3 said:
Mr
Impaler
Unless you are born again you will not understand the things of GOD

Yes, that's what I used to say to those who didn't believe in the Trinity - until I honestly sought the truth on the subject.

The scriptures are but a riddle to you

Gee, but you guys are the ones who are claiming this whole issue is a "mystery".

jgredline said:
BradtheImpaler said:
jgredline,

Did you quote something without giving the reference?

BradtheImpaler said:
jgredline said:
BradtheImpaler said:
jgredline,

Uh oh! :o :smt018

BradtheImpaler said:
jgredline said:
BradtheImpaler said:
jgredline,

Impaler
I did not quote the message or anything else. I simple broke down and explained the scripture in what called an exigetical method, verse by verse.
Not that it would change your mind but I tried to make it simple enough for my 6 year old twins to understand it and they did. They were here when I was writing my comments. I will also add you to my prayer list.

Impaler
I did not quote the message or anything else. I simple broke down and explained the scripture in what called an exigetical method, verse by verse.
Not that it would change your mind but I tried to make it simple enough for my 6 year old twins to understand it and they did. They were here when I was writing my comments

Naturally your 6 year olds would "understand" it because they probably haven't studied the bible for themselves and what they do know of it they have been indoctrinated with in your choice of Sunday School. (And I DO understand it, I just don't agree with it)

I will also add you to my prayer list.

Thanks but no thanks - I'd rather you spare me the sanctimonious, condescending piety and let's hear the definitions for person / nature / essence / one.

jgredline,

Please give your definitions of the following terms as regards the Trinity...

person / nature / essence / one

:smt069

Yes,

Isn't it amazing that those that accept 'trinity' will contantly accuse those that don't of their LACK of understanding. But when confronted with questions concerning 'trinity', they will state that CERTAIN aspects of 'trinity' are a mystery. Strange indeed.

But to understand that Christ IS the Son of God is NO MYSTERY whatsoever. Statements like, "My Father, why hath thou forsaken me?" make PERFECT sense without ANY mystery until 'trinity' is introduced and then one is forced to come up with some philosophical REASON that Christ AS GOD, would make such a statement, (since we KNOW that God IS The Father and The Father IS GOD).

Or, when asked of His return, Christ states that ONLY the Father knows the time. Now isn't that REALLY strange? That Jesus IS God yet does't know what God knows and STATES that this is SO? And tells us that what He stated to us was GIVEN Him by the Father. Commanded Him of the Father. Kinda makes you go Hmmm, don't it?

And when one simply accepts God and Christ AS OFFERED through The Word, there is LITTLE mystery AT ALL concerning Father and Son. Yes, there WILL be mystery in the understanding of God. But there shouldn't be ANY mystery as to WHO our Savior IS. Sent BY God, NO DOUBT, but The SON, NOT God Himself.

And I'm still totally curious why those that accept 'trinity' INSIST that 'others' MUST accept it ALSO, or they CAN'T know God. I would NEVER state that one that has accepted 'trinity' CAN'T know God. That is NOT something that I am capable of comprehending MUCH LESS judging as far as the hearts of others. Discernment of love and hate, CERTAINLY. But able to accuse others of being 'lost' or 'unsaved', I would suggest that ANY that even THINKS such thoughts is in SERIOUS need of guidance and forgiveness. Beware. For how you choose to judge others WILL have a DIRECT influence on YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT. Don't do it. Don't offer condemnation on yourself in such a manor. I can assure each and EVERY ONE OF YOU, it CAN'T be worth it.

And WHERE is the love that we have been commanded to offer and where is the FOLLOWING of the example we have been so graciously given in the hearts of those that would condemn their brothers and sisters SO? Pray on THAT one, my friends.

MEC

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back