Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Impossible Questions For Trinitarians

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
vic said:
John 10:30-33

30 I and the Father are One!
31 Then again the Jews took up stones, that they might stone Him.
32 Jesus answered them, I showed you many good works from My Father. For which work of them do you stone Me?
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, We do not stone You concerning a good work, but concerning blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself God. (LITV)

But why stop there Vic?

V34-36 shows Jesus explanation of this, with Jesus stating, "Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, "I am God's Son"?

And something else too Vic. I've just been doing a bit of a read back on prior posts.

Jesus used human analogies all the time to describe the Kingdom of God. They are called parables. And isn't it interesting that the real meaning of these analogies could not be grasped by the 'many.'

vic said:

32 Jesus answered them, I showed you many good works from My Father. For which work of them do you stone Me?
33 The Jews answered Him, saying, We do not stone You concerning a good work, but concerning blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself God. (LITV)

Is this in response to 1John.4:15? It doesn't address my question there, but let's play...

1) Are you saying, in quoting Jesus' accusers, that they had the correct understanding of who he was and what he meant? Isn't it true that in the frequent dialogues between Jesus and the Jews, the text indicates that they constantly misunderstood him? Or are you picking and choosing what you want them to be right about?

2) Was it indeed blasphemy, in Judaic thought, for a man to propose he was God?

mutzrein said:
vic said:

But why stop there Vic?

V34-36 shows Jesus explanation of this, with Jesus stating, "Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, "I am God's Son"?
Context mutzrein, context. You left out some stuff in between which changes the meaning of what you quote above. You are trying to show that Jesus is saying that he is only claiming to be God's Son which isn't blasphemy. But that is not at all what Jesus is saying and the rest in between shows that to be so.

What Jesus was telling the Pharisees was,

"I am an elohim!"

To claim be a bene elohim is to claim to be an elohim (or theos).

As far as the religious elite were concerned, any b * s t * r d son from Galilee claiming to be an elohim would be speaking blasphemy.

It's not rocket science to understand what was going through the minds of the Scribes and Pharisees when Messiah claimed to be a bene elohim. If he were an elohim, he would be from God and thus would have authority over them. This could result in enormous consequences for them if it were true, or if they accepted it as truth. Their position, livelihood, power, and reputations were on the line.

That's why they hated him and wanted to kill him. They were carnal, devoid of the spirit of God and were only thinking about themselves. They weren't seeking righteous judgment.

R7-12

R7-12 said:
What Jesus was telling the Pharisees was,

"I am an elohim!"

To claim be a bene elohim is to claim to be an elohim (or theos).

As far as the religious elite were concerned, any b * s t * r d son from Galilee claiming to be an elohim would be speaking blasphemy.

It's not rocket science to understand what was going through the minds of the Scribes and Pharisees when Messiah claimed to be a bene elohim. If he were an elohim, he would be from God and thus would have authority over them. This could result in enormous consequences for them if it were true, or if they accepted it as truth. Their position, livelihood, power, and reputations were on the line.

That's why they hated him and wanted to kill him. They were carnal, devoid of the spirit of God and were only thinking about themselves. They weren't seeking righteous judgment.

R7-12
Sounds familiarly similar to those on this board who refuse to acknowledge the truth that Jesus is God.

Sounds familiarly similar to those on this board who refuse to acknowledge the truth that Jesus is God.
Perhaps you have me confused with the Unitarian Michael Servetus. The Trinitarian John Calvin insisted Michael confess that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of the Father. Michael declared “Jesus Christ is the son of the eternal Father.†With that, John Calvin roared, “Light the fires.â€Â

Michael was burned alive that day, agonizing in flames for some 30 minutes before he succumbed to the fire.

Refusing to accept the lies of heresy can cost you your life. Many place themselves in the camp that refuses to accept the true identity of the only true God and that of His firstborn son of creation, Jesus Christ. The truth is, not knowing the Most High El and His son Yashua, will relegate the unbeliever to the second resurrection – which is a time of decision and judgment.

R7-12

It's clear the Trinitarians on this forum are unable to develop a reasonable explanation for the first question on this thread.

They've had some 20 pages of space to come up with something and so far all we have seen is the explanation that "God is the mind and Christ is the foot."

The next post will present a second impossible question for Trinitarians.

R7-12

Question 2:

According to the doctrine of the Trinity, God is one being in three hypostases, or persons, as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, if this were biblically true how would it possible for the following to occur, as it so obviously does within the Bible narrative?

For Christ who overcame, to sit down with his Father on his Father’s throne, just as God’s servants will overcome and be granted to sit down with Christ on his throne?

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne (Revelation 3:21, NKJV).

R7-12 said:
Question 2:

According to the doctrine of the Trinity, God is one being in three hypostases, or persons, as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, if this were biblically true how would it possible for the following to occur, as it so obviously does within the Bible narrative?

For Christ who overcame, to sit down with his Father on his Father’s throne, just as God’s servants will overcome and be granted to sit down with Christ on his throne?

To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with me on my throne, as I also overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne (Revelation 3:21, NKJV).
There is one throne in heaven of the Almighty God, the First and the Last, The Everlasting Father, Immanuel, Jehovah, Elohim, The Spirit.

Jesus is referred to as each of these. You are blinded by your heretical view of the Godhead.

Solo said:
There is one throne in heaven of the Almighty God, the First and the Last, The Everlasting Father, Immanuel, Jehovah, Elohim, The Spirit.

Jesus is referred to as each of these. You are blinded by your heretical view of the Godhead.
Wrong. The text nowhere states Christ is referred to as each of these.

Those who are granted to sit on Christ's throne are those who will overcome. Likewise, Christ was granted to sit on his Father's throne because he overcame. The connection between Christ overcoming just as we must is unavoidable.

If Christ is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father, and is indeed the SAME being as the Father, how can it be that he had to overcome to be granted his Father's throne? And how can it be that we will be granted the same? That equates us with Christ who trinitarians say is God.

Why must the questions always be explained to you?

Could you please keep your personal attacks to yourself? It is conduct unbecoming for one who professes to be in the army of God.

R7-12

Thread subject

Quote by Solo:

>>>Sounds familiarly similar to those on this board who refuse to acknowledge the truth that Jesus is God.<<<

Quite right, my friend! Certainly if YHWH calls His Son God, that is more than sufficient to know that Jesus is not only the Son of God, but also and literally, God the Son.

Although not as described through the doctrine of the Trinity, but rather through the Description of God by His Word, the Holy Bible.

Because the Scriptures reveal the 'autobiography' of the pre-incarnated Spirit of Jesus was created, in Pr.8:22-36. And did not become the Son of God [God the Son, Ps.45:6-7; Isa.7:14; Mt.1:23; Heb.1:8-9] until the beginning of the NT, in Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35. The pre-incarnated Spirit of Jesus was the beginning of YHWH's works of old, before the world began, and was confirmed in Col.1:15, as the firstborn over all creation.

No human being has ever had the power Jesus had, as the Son of God [God the Son] in giving/baptising those who believe/receive Him as Lord [Mt.3:11; Mk.1:8; Lk.3:16; Jn.1:33; 20:21-22; 1 Jn.3:24; 1 Jn.4:13 and Acts 2:1-3]. Healing the blind, the deaf, the terminally ill and raising people from the dead, as well as many other miraculous things.

Therefore, it is in perfect harmony with the Scriptures revealing YHWH to be the ONE AND ONLY GOD in Isa.43:10 and 44:6. Also, that YHWH and Y'Shua are two separate personages, NOT ONE as is falsely believed by many.

Which clarifies the fact that YHWH and Y'Shua are NOT CO-ETERNAL nor CO-EQUAL, as the trinitarian creeds claim, contrary to what the Word of God tells us. Jesus stated, His Father is greater than He in Jn.14:28 and that His Father is the only true God in Jn.17:3. Yet, we still have the Scriptural description of God, as ONE TRUE GOD and JESUS CHRIST, the SON OF GOD, i.e. GOD THE SON, as in Isa.7:14 and Mt.1:23.

The other major fact from the teachings of God's Word, is that God is the Holy Spirit, per Jn.4:24; 2 Cor.3:17-18; Col.1:15; 1 Jn.4:12, as well as YHWH's own identity in Gen.1:2 and that He is Holy in Lev.11:44.

Therefore, With the testimony of YHWH, Y'Shua, Paul and John, that God is the Holy Spirit, there is only one personage who can be the Father of Jesus; and He is the Holy Spirit! Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35.

With that having been said, there is no such thing as 'three persons of the Trinity, consisting of, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,' in 'being in essence' or in any other way, one God, as was the case in the OT. Since the Holy Spirit is the Father and Jesus is the Son, there are clearly two personages, not three.

As Jesus stated He and the Father are one, in Jn.10:30 and 17:21-22, He also made it clear, the relationship is spiritual, not physical - in the very same manner all we believers are also one with both Jesus and the Father, as He prayed to the Father that we would be, through the ONE SPIRIT, as Paul wrote in 1 Cor.12:12-13. From that, it is clear we are all separate and unique entities - in the very same way the Father and the Son are.

Ten four!

Blessings,

Quasar

Re: Thread subject

Quasar said:
Quote by Solo:

>>>Sounds familiarly similar to those on this board who refuse to acknowledge the truth that Jesus is God.<<<

Quite right, my friend! Certainly if YHWH calls His Son God, that is more than sufficient to know that Jesus is not only the Son of God, but also and literally, God the Son.

Although not as described through the doctrine of the Trinity, but rather through the Description of God by His Word, the Holy Bible.

Because the Scriptures reveal the 'autobiography' of the pre-incarnated Spirit of Jesus was created, in Pr.8:22-36. And did not become the Son of God [God the Son, Ps.45:6-7; Isa.7:14; Mt.1:23; Heb.1:8-9] until the beginning of the NT, in Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35. The pre-incarnated Spirit of Jesus was the beginning of YHWH's works of old, before the world began, and was confirmed in Col.1:15, as the firstborn over all creation.

Quite right my friend. Christ WAS created BY God as His Son.

No human being has ever had the power Jesus had, as the Son of God [God the Son] in giving/baptising those who believe/receive Him as Lord [Mt.3:11; Mk.1:8; Lk.3:16; Jn.1:33; 20:21-22; 1 Jn.3:24; 1 Jn.4:13 and Acts 2:1-3]. Healing the blind, the deaf, the terminally ill and raising people from the dead, as well as many other miraculous things.

And here you are 'partially' right. If you will read the NT, you WILL find that Christ empowered His apostles with MUCH of the same power that had been 'given' Him. The apostles ALSO healed the sick, raised the dead and we KNOW that Paul was bitten by a deadly snake with no ill effects. Not that this has ANY bearing on the 'truth' behind the 'trinity'.

Therefore, it is in perfect harmony with the Scriptures revealing YHWH to be the ONE AND ONLY GOD in Isa.43:10 and 44:6. Also, that YHWH and Y'Shua are two separate personages, NOT ONE as is falsely believed by many.

Which clarifies the fact that YHWH and Y'Shua are NOT CO-ETERNAL nor CO-EQUAL, as the trinitarian creeds claim, contrary to what the Word of God tells us. Jesus stated, His Father is greater than He in Jn.14:28 and that His Father is the only true God in Jn.17:3. Yet, we still have the Scriptural description of God, as ONE TRUE GOD and JESUS CHRIST, the SON OF GOD, i.e. GOD THE SON, as in Isa.7:14 and Mt.1:23.

The other major fact from the teachings of God's Word, is that God is the Holy Spirit, per Jn.4:24; 2 Cor.3:17-18; Col.1:15; 1 Jn.4:12, as well as YHWH's own identity in Gen.1:2 and that He is Holy in Lev.11:44.

Therefore, With the testimony of YHWH, Y'Shua, Paul and John, that God is the Holy Spirit, there is only one personage who can be the Father of Jesus; and He is the Holy Spirit! Mt.1:20 and Lk.1:35.

With that having been said, there is no such thing as 'three persons of the Trinity, consisting of, Father, Son and Holy Spirit,' in 'being in essence' or in any other way, one God, as was the case in the OT. Since the Holy Spirit is the Father and Jesus is the Son, there are clearly two personages, not three.

As Jesus stated He and the Father are one, in Jn.10:30 and 17:21-22, He also made it clear, the relationship is spiritual, not physical - in the very same manner all we believers are also one with both Jesus and the Father, as He prayed to the Father that we would be, through the ONE SPIRIT, as Paul wrote in 1 Cor.12:12-13. From that, it is clear we are all separate and unique entities - in the very same way the Father and the Son are.

Ten four!

Blessings,

Quasar

Good points my friend. Amazing how 'obvious' most of what you state is to those that are able to discern the 'truth' without the 'wisdom' of men to guide them in their understanding.

R7-12 said:
Solo said:

Wrong. The text nowhere states Christ is referred to as each of these.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.Isaiah 7:14

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:7-8

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: 18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. Revelation 1:17-18

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Matthew 3:3

The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD (Jehovah), make straight in the desert a highway for our God (Elohim). Isaiah 40:3

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. Romans 8:9

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. Romans 8:10

R7-12 said:
[
Those who are granted to sit on Christ's throne are those who will overcome. Likewise, Christ was granted to sit on his Father's throne because he overcame. The connection between Christ overcoming just as we must is unavoidable.

If Christ is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father, and is indeed the SAME being as the Father, how can it be that he had to overcome to be granted his Father's throne? And how can it be that we will be granted the same? That equates us with Christ who trinitarians say is God.

Could you please keep your personal attacks to yourself? It is conduct unbecoming for one who professes to be in the army of God.

R7-12

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. Revelation 3:21-22

2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. 3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. 4 And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. 5 And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God. 6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind. 7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come. 9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever, 10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
Revelation 4:2-11

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:5-8

Solo,

I’m well aware you believe Jesus is God. Re-posting texts which you misapprehend in a poor attempt at supporting your view still does not answer the question. In fact, your post helps identify how impossible it is for one being to sit on the throne of another being who fathered the first being, and still remain the same being!?!?!?

Your response also does not address how it is possible for a being to overcome in accordance with the wishes of another being who then grants his throne to him – and be the same being. :o

Or why the son would have to overcome in accordance with his Father's wishes in the first place to qualify for the throne - if they are not only co-equal but also the same singular being. :o

Neither did you address the fact that those who qualify by overcoming will also be granted the same throne as the son. How can this be if he is the same being as God? It would mean that God gives His very throne to those who overcome but that is not what the text says because it identifies TWO thrones. One Christ calls his, the other he calls his Father’s throne.

You keep sidestepping the problems the question presents to you. If you can’t answer it why not just be honest about it?

BTW, bigger font doesn't help if you don't have the answer.

R7-12

R7
Actually Solo does answer your question and he does it with straight Scripture. Just because you don't understand the trinity means its wrong. There are things that will not be known until we are in the presence of the Lord. I know you have read and studied Heb 11 and in particular

By Faith They Overcame
30 By faith othe walls of Jericho fell down after they were encircled for seven days. 31 By faith the harlot Rahab did not perish with those who did not believe, when she had received the spies with peace.
32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again.
Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, fin dens and caves of the earth.
39 And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, 40 God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.

The New King James Version. 1982 (Heb 11:30-40). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

With out faith it is impossible to please God
There are many miracles that were performed that completely go against nature and can only be explained as a miracle because there is no explanation. If God did not do it then he is a liar and is not God.
There have been many of really good explanations as to your question but you don't or can't see it.

Here is the trinity explained again.

The Trinity explained
God is one in essence , but three in persons .

God has one nature , but three centers of consciousness .

That is, there is only one What in God, but there are three whos.

There is one it , but three Is .

This is a mystery, but not a contradiction.

It would be contradictory to say God was only one person, but also was three persons.

Or that God is only one nature, but that he also has three natures.

But to declare as orthodox Christians do, that God is one essence, eternally revealed in three distinct persons is not a contradiction.

This explanation is simple to see and understand.
Like I told quaser. I don't expect you to change your mind nor am I trying to change your mind, but then again you never know.

R7-12 said:
Solo,

I’m well aware you believe Jesus is God. Re-posting texts which you misapprehend in a poor attempt at supporting your view still does not answer the question. In fact, your post helps identify how impossible it is for one being to sit on the throne of another being who fathered the first being, and still remain the same being!?!?!?

Your response also does not address how it is possible for a being to overcome in accordance with the wishes of another being who then grants his throne to him – and be the same being. :o

Or why the son would have to overcome in accordance with his Father's wishes in the first place to qualify for the throne - if they are not only co-equal but also the same singular being. :o

Neither did you address the fact that those who qualify by overcoming will also be granted the same throne as the son. How can this be if he is the same being as God? It would mean that God gives His very throne to those who overcome but that is not what the text says because it identifies TWO thrones. One Christ calls his, the other he calls his Father’s throne.

You keep sidestepping the problems the question presents to you. If you can’t answer it why not just be honest about it?

BTW, bigger font doesn't help if you don't have the answer.

R7-12
When you become born of God, you will see by His Spirit the truth contained in the scriptures concerning the Godhead. Until then you are just a physical being in search of your own way to God, ignoring the Spirit as he reveals truth. May God give you understanding and wisdom so that you do not get turned away as Jesus proclaims that he NEVER knew you.

Solo said:
When you become born of God, you will see by His Spirit the truth contained in the scriptures concerning the Godhead. Until then you are just a physical being in search of your own way to God, ignoring the Spirit as he reveals truth. May God give you understanding and wisdom so that you do not get turned away as Jesus proclaims that he NEVER knew you.
That kind of elitist rhetoric can be turned against anyone that doesn't agree with someone else but proves nothing other than a self-righteous position.

The scenario that Christ gave concerning rejecting those who he doesn't know is revealed by him in scripture and does not fit your application of it,

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22“Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23).

The people mentioned in Matthew 7 are claiming to represent Christ because they are doing many things in his name. Therefore, if they are doing what they consider wonderful deeds in his name, they would be regarded as Christians. However, this particular group of so-called Christians are practicing lawlessness (cf. 1 John 3:4). Therefore, they must be claiming that Christ came to do away with his Father’s laws and commandments. If so, they are misusing or ignoring what Christ said in the following section of scripture.

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled (accomplished). Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven†(Matthew 5:17-19).

You shouldn't point fingers - it usually backfires.

Noticed you chose not to respond to the questions that were put to you directly. Have you given up?

R7-12

The Trinity explained
God is one in essence , but three in persons .
Ok, I’ll start keeping track.

God is one essence.
God is three persons.

God has one nature , but three centers of consciousness .
God has one nature
God has three centers of consciousness

That is, there is only one What in God, but there are three whos.
God is one What.
God is three whos.

There is one it , but three Is .
God is one it.
God is three Is

This is a mystery, but not a contradiction.
To review:
God is one essence, has one nature, is one What, and one it.
God is three persons, has three centers of consciousness, is three whos, and three Is.

So a single it can be three persons, each with its own consciousness, each is a who, and each can speak as a single person or I - yet remains at all times one being with one essence, one nature, who is one What and a single it.

This God is explained as a mystery, in other words, it cannot be known or understood but we are assured it is not a contradiction.

Alright then, let’s examine this more closely shall we?

First, none of this can be found in the Bible.
Second, because none of it can be found in the Bible it cannot be considered useful information for developing doctrine. Especially when considering that God has already provided ample texts revealing who He is and who His son is.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17).

To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (Isaiah 8:20).

It is clear the Trinity explained here is nothing but a series of contradictions wrapped up in a so-called mystery that cannot be understood, and it's based entirely on information that cannot be found in the Bible.

Not convincing to say the least.

R7-12

R7-12 said:
Solo said:
That kind of elitist rhetoric can be turned against anyone that doesn't agree with someone else but proves nothing other than a self-righteous position.

The scenario that Christ gave concerning rejecting those who he doesn't know is revealed by him in scripture and does not fit your application of it,

“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22“Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23).

The people mentioned in Matthew 7 are claiming to represent Christ because they are doing many things in his name. Therefore, if they are doing what they consider wonderful deeds in his name, they would be regarded as Christians. However, this particular group of so-called Christians are practicing lawlessness (cf. 1 John 3:4). Therefore, they must be claiming that Christ came to do away with his Father’s laws and commandments. If so, they are misusing or ignoring what Christ said in the following section of scripture.

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled (accomplished). Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven†(Matthew 5:17-19).

You shouldn't point fingers - it usually backfires.

Noticed you chose not to respond to the questions that were put to you directly. Have you given up?

R7-12
Those who are born again are not elitists, they are the elect, the chosen, the called. They are the ones that God chose and are born of Him, born again. Many are called but not chosen, and therefore have not been born of the Spirit of God. They are condemned as they love the darkness that they abide in, as opposed to the light. When you face the judge on the throne of God, he will say to you to depart because he NEVER knew you. You have aligned yourself against the Father by rejecting him, he the one whom Moses wrote about.

I have answered your questions, but you have failed to accept the truth of the scripture. I have no reason to give up, and I will fight your doctrine of devils until there is no breath left in me. Then I will appear with the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords to remove your type from the earth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back