Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

In Today's News

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Actually violence is down considerably, while gun ownership is simultaneously WAY up. This is true of the last 20+ years. Those facts don't fit the media narrative.

Still a horrible wave, easily seen in the reports here in the last few days ...

I'm sorry but I don't understand that at all. How could violence possibly be down? The last I don't know a hundred shootings that I've reported proved to me without a shadow of a doubt that unfortunately America is turning into a very violent country. It's rather sad too. The reason why it's happening to me is because of the fact that we don't have enough gun ownership. I still think if the staff at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was armed, that whole entire tragedy could possibly have been prevented.

The Parkland Florida shooter used an AR-15 style rifle to shoot 17 children. There are kits to mod them.

I agree with you on the training. I have martial arts training, so I know what you are talking about.

The door stop is a good idea.
What the heck is "an AR-15 style rifle?" Was that rifle "modified" in any way?

I'm sorry but I don't understand that at all. How could violence possibly be down? The last I don't know a hundred shootings that I've reported proved to me without a shadow of a doubt that unfortunately America is turning into a very violent country. It's rather sad too. The reason why it's happening to me is because of the fact that we don't have enough gun ownership. I still think if the staff at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was armed, that whole entire tragedy could possibly have been prevented.

Violence is down. Gun violence is down. Look at the statistics. That much, we really do know about and track. There was way more violence before you were born, and it starting going down when you were about 5. At the same time gun ownership started increasing dramatically. Hmm.

I posted some statistics, comparing the probability of getting struck by lightning to getting shot at school. I forget the numbers, but you're WAY more likely to get struck by lightning, which is still highly unlikely.

This doesn't minimize the awfulness of a kid going back to his old school to try to shoot everything. It's a lot to take in ...

Violence is down. Gun violence is down. Look at the statistics. That much, we really do know about and track. There was way more violence before you were born, and it starting going down when you were about 5. At the same time gun ownership started increasing dramatically. Hmm.

I posted some statistics, comparing the probability of getting struck by lightning to getting shot at school. I forget the numbers, but you're WAY more likely to get struck by lightning, which is still highly unlikely.

This doesn't minimize the awfulness of a kid going back to his old school to try to shoot everything. It's a lot to take in ...

I'm sorry but I really don't see where you're getting your statistics and numbers from. If gun violence is down, then why is it that all of a sudden school shootings are starting to become a problem? I don't remember ever having to be worried about that when I was in kindergarten, of course that's the time you said that they started going down so I'll just say that my brother who is a lot older (I won't say exactly how old for his privacy) than me never had to worry about the kid in the lunch line in front of him ever having a gun either.

What the heck is "an AR-15 style rifle?" Was that rifle "modified" in any way?

Apparently this is what it is. This made the news not all that long ago when yet again somebody is pointing at guns as the issue.

Still, I see what he was trying to do and that his intentions were honorable, but the weapon (especially that of a licensed responsible gun owner) really isn't the issue here like everybody seems to think it is. It's who's hands that it ends up in is the real issue.

I'm sorry but I really don't see where you're getting your statistics and numbers from. If gun violence is down, then why is it that all of a sudden school shootings are starting to become a problem? I don't remember ever having to be worried about that when I was in kindergarten, of course that's the time you said that they started going down so I'll just say that my brother who is a lot older (I won't say exactly how old for his privacy) than me never had to worry about the kid in the lunch line in front of him ever having a gun either.

Apparently this is what it is. This made the news not all that long ago when yet again somebody is pointing at guns as the issue.

Pure ineffective emotionalism. I ask again, "What is 'an AR-15 style rifle'?" Just what is it about a rifle made of black-colored plastic that makes it more lethal than a 45. pistol in a classroom?

School shootings are definitely up. As horrible as that is, it doesn't make up for how drastically violent crimes of all sorts have dropped off. Rifles are used to kill fewer people than hammers.

What this means is school shootings are only a tiny fraction of what happens in the US. You're just more aware of them because the rest don't get much attention. For example, fully 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities, and none of that is in school.

The vast majority of US gun crime is gang related, and in tiny little parts of the country. The Police know exactly where these areas are, and even when most of these crimes occur. Are they really trying to stop it?

Violent crime was way worse in the 70's, and kids with guns in school was common place. People didn't try mass shootings in school because they knew we'd stop them, bare handed. And that goes double for a teacher dumb enough to try something.

These are all grisly facts, you're just paying attention to all of it more. There's still a lot of good in the world ... like most of our Country is free of gun crime.

School shootings are definitely up. As horrible as that is, it doesn't make up for how drastically violent crimes of all sorts have dropped off. Rifles are used to kill fewer people than hammers.

What this means is school shootings are only a tiny fraction of what happens in the US. You're just more aware of them because the rest don't get much attention. For example, fully 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities, and none of that is in school.

The vast majority of US gun crime is gang related, and in tiny little parts of the country. The Police know exactly where these areas are, and even when most of these crimes occur. Are they really trying to stop it?

Violent crime was way worse in the 70's, and kids with guns in school was common place. People didn't try mass shootings in school because they knew we'd stop them, bare handed. And that goes double for a teacher dumb enough to try something.

These are all grisly facts, you're just paying attention to all of it more. There's still a lot of good in the world ... like most of our Country is free of gun crime.

If gun violence down today, I would hate to think about what it must have been like in the seventies. It seems like I'm reporting at least one person being shot every day on this thread.

If gun violence down today, I would hate to think about what it must have been like in the seventies. It seems like I'm reporting at least one person being shot every day on this thread.

Where I grew up the Police shot first, then yelled "freeze." If they wanted to ask questions they'd tell you what your answers were.

By the time I got to HS, the Police would NOT answer a call to the school. (Think about what must've happened to lead to that) The school hired security guards. They huddled in one corner for their own protection.

This was a GOOD neighborhood, in a top performing school, Nation-wide. My Dad taught in bad neighborhoods, including the original car theft capital. He was the only white teacher in the whole huge school district to never get beat up by the students. Just to give you some idea.

Where I grew up the Police shot first, then yelled "freeze." If they wanted to ask questions they'd tell you what your answers were.

By the time I got to HS, the Police would NOT answer a call to the school. (Think about what must've happened to lead to that) The school hired security guards. They huddled in one corner for their own protection.

This was a GOOD neighborhood, in a top performing school, Nation-wide. My Dad taught in bad neighborhoods, including the original car theft capital. He was the only white teacher in the whole huge school district to never get beat up by the students. Just to give you some idea.

Again, I repeat after hearing all that. It still seems that we have taken a gigantic leap backwards when it comes to feeling safe and secure in today's society.

What the heck is "an AR-15 style rifle?"

Several manufacturers make a civilian variation of the original ArmaLite Riple-15, which was re-designed by Colt as the military M16. They all use high-velocity .223-caliber rounds that tend to shatter in victims' bodies, but vary in small details. The Parkland rifle was manufactured by American Outdoor Brands Corp. The shooter had 15 clips of ammo, each holding 10 rounds.

The Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock modified an AR-15 into a full auto version. He had 58 victims.

Again, I repeat after hearing all that. It still seems that we have taken a gigantic leap backwards when it comes to feeling safe and secure in today's society.

I think the biggest part of that is the news, and all the cameras everywhere. It's not all fake. Their real bias is in choosing what to report, and more importantly, what NOT to report. For example, if they gave equal time to defensive uses of guns by people acting bravely to prevent crime and save lives, we'd see very different attitudes in society at large.

I think the biggest part of that is the news, and all the cameras everywhere. It's not all fake. Their real bias is in choosing what to report, and more importantly, what NOT to report. For example, if they gave equal time to defensive uses of guns by people acting bravely to prevent crime and save lives, we'd see very different attitudes in society at large.

That's a very good point. The reason why half of the world blames our problems on guns is because the world sees that as being the problem and they broadcast it for everyone to see and brainwash a good portion of our country into thinking that it's true.

Several manufacturers make a civilian variation of the original ArmaLite Riple-15, which was re-designed by Colt as the military M16. They all use high-velocity .223-caliber rounds that tend to shatter in victims' bodies, but vary in small details. The Parkland rifle was manufactured by American Outdoor Brands Corp. The shooter had 15 clips of ammo, each holding 10 rounds.

The Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock modified an AR-15 into a full auto version. He had 58 victims.

Willie's served in the military. I'm pretty sure he was pointing out something's either an AR-15 or it's not, and that none of it is an "assault weapon." And that the hype about it being "designed for the military" is bogus.

And Paddock didn't convert anything into full-auto. A bump-stock is near useless, destroying aim. It does make it fire faster though. I see no problem with banning that, but it wouldn't actually help make guns less lethal.

.223 caliber doesn't shatter (fragment) in someone it hits any more than anything else; that's hollow point ammunition that does that. It was designed by US for use in 'Nam, then prohibited in war by the Geneva Conventions. It's really nasty stuff! And our Police use it on citizens. What a crazy contrast ...

That's a very good point. The reason why half of the world blames our problems on guns is because the world sees that as being the problem and they broadcast it for everyone to see and brainwash a good portion of our country into thinking that it's true.

Not only our Country, but other Countries with no gun rights and no experience with guns to know any better are much more easily pursuaded by these dishonest tactics, in the hopes of mounting pressure. There's a clear agenda and it's to repeal the 2nd Amendment, as one step towards a one world dictatorship.

For those of you not familiar with weapons, a 45. pistol (much faster to put on target than any rifle) is originally usually sold with a 7-round magazine (mistakenly called "a clip"), but most people immediately switch that for the common 10-round magazine. You can carry six or seven magazines with little effort. (up tp 70 shots)

As this video will show, magazines are fast and easy to replace in a combat situation... easily done within a second or a second and a half. 25-round magazines can be purchased. AND, a pistol can be easily hidden under a shirt, whereas a rifle cannot be.

And, a .45 caliber pistol can actually pick-up a fully grown man off the ground while it rips a hole in him big enough to put your fist in.

This nonsense about "Assault Rifles" is just that, foolish hysteria. The real close-range killer is a big caliber pistol.

Not only our Country, but other Countries with no gun rights and no experience with guns to know any better are much more easily pursuaded by these dishonest tactics, in the hopes of mounting pressure. There's a clear agenda and it's to repeal the 2nd Amendment, as one step towards a one world dictatorship.

They better not repeal the 2nd amendment! It's like you just said that would mean a major catastrophe and the end of the world as we know it.

This nonsense about "Assault Rifles" is just that, foolish hysteria. The real close-range killer is a big caliber pistol.

Oh, absolutely. Banning the AR-15 won't solve the problem. That was never my point. I was saying that throwing books at a shooter who knows what he is doing is not very effective. Nor is telling young girls to distract a shooter by trying to tackle him so that their classmates can get away. They need a better plan than that.

Yet Paddock had 58 victims. A bump stock can be devastating in a crowded hallway.
Squeeze your trigger finger as fast as you can..... counting how many times you squeeze it before 15 seconds have elapsed on a clock. Go ahead.... Now tell us how many times it was. That is how many times almost 90% of the rifles in the world can be fired in 15 seconds. A Semi-automatic weapon can kill far more people who might be several feet apart than a fully automatic weapon will....... because you can control it way better.

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back