Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Infant Baptism

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Although there is no mention of a child by name, we don't know if they aren't. There are a couple places where Scripture speaks of whole entire households being baptized and not just those over a certain age or whatever.

In Acts 16:14-15 NKJV we can read about Lydia and her whole household being baptized.
14 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul.
15 And when she and her household were baptized, she begged us, saying, “If you have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come to my house and stay.” So she persuaded us.

In Acts 16:30-33 NKJV we can read about Peter and Silas' jailer and his whole house being baptized.
30 And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”
32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their stripes. And immediately he and all his family were baptized.

1 Corinthians 1:14-16 NKJV Paul talks about baptizing the household of Stephanas.
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,
15 lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name.
16 Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.

The context of being baptized is to those who believe.

Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

The promise is to those who believe.

No where do we find the offer of salvation to any other except they believe.

IOW, baptism is only for believers.

Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” Acts 8:36-37

• If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

JLB

The context of being baptized is to those who believe.

Believe on the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.

The promise is to those who believe.

No where do we find the offer of salvation to any other except they believe.

IOW, baptism is only for believers.

Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” Acts 8:36-37

• If you believe with all your heart, you may.”

JLB

Faith is required but an infant cannot have faith.
However parents and God-parents make a profession of faith on behalf of the infant and the parents, assisted by the God-parents, promise to bring the child to faith by teaching them about Jesus.

Faith is required but an infant cannot have faith.
However parents and God-parents make a profession of faith on behalf of the infant and the parents, assisted by the God-parents, promise to bring the child to faith by teaching them about Jesus.

A profession of faith over an infant is a most beautiful thing.

Baptizing an infant and claiming they are born again, and living in the false reality of that is dangerous.

JLB

Mankind..yes....But, our human nature would be different if Adam didn't sin.
Our ENVIRONMENT would be different (Since the earth was Cursed) Adam was never "Cursed, and his HUMAN NATURE Never changed. you and me have the SAME HUman nature he did from the beginning, and he fell into SIN in EXACTLY the way James 1 describes. The devil tried the EXACT SAME trick on Jesus, but Jesus didn't let it "Conceive in him", and HE remained sinless. There's NO SUCH THING as "Original Sin". it's a Catholic invention.

Our ENVIRONMENT would be different (Since the earth was Cursed) Adam was never "Cursed, and his HUMAN NATURE Never changed. you and me have the SAME HUman nature he did from the beginning, and he fell into SIN in EXACTLY the way James 1 describes. The devil tried the EXACT SAME trick on Jesus, but Jesus didn't let it "Conceive in him", and HE remained sinless. There's NO SUCH THING as "Original Sin". it's a Catholic invention.
Because Adam sinned...death entered. Mankind...Adams offspring...became against God. Filthy rags.

(Chuckle) You OBVIOUSLY never grew up in a Catholic family in the Boston area in the '40s.

Please suppoly some official Church document defining "Limbo" as an official infallible teaching of the Catholic Church, not what some nun taught you in Boston.

A profession of faith over an infant is a most beautiful thing.

Baptizing an infant and claiming they are born again, and living in the false reality of that is dangerous.

JLB

They are born again in baptism. It's not a false reality.

They are born again in baptism. It's not a false reality.

Babies, like everyone else must believe the Gospel first, then if they do they are baptized. We are saved by grace through faith, not saved by baptism.

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9

Furthermore, Paul goes on and explains the process of how we come to believe.

How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:14-17

• And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?

• So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

A Person must hear the Gospel to receive faith.

A person must believe in their heart and confess with their mouth to be saved.

Can an infant do that?

Little children are innocent.

JLB

This is one of those topics I really love a lot :thumbsup.
Thanks for posting this and all the comments.

I love that I don't have to criticize anyone or disagree.
I can just love people for where they are and share my own opinion to consider where I'm at in my walk - LOVE THAT!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Christian culture today, there have been more and more ways man has decided we can be saved.
I think we's all agree on that.

Now this is something to think :thinking about. My opinion I suppose :couch.

What about LOVE?? Can LOVE save you?
God doesn't talk about infant baptism saving you, and He doesn't talk about love saving you, but He does say in !st Corinthians 13: 1-3 that, that, "If I do not have love I have become a noisy gong or a clanging symbol, or if I have all faith. and have all KNOWLEDGE and know all mysteries, I AM NOTHING (That's pretty strong, right).
Or if I give all my possessions to the poor, and deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me NOTHING."

REALLY?? If I have ALL KNOWLEDGE about infant baptism, but NO LOVE I AM NOTHING (Not Shouting - EMPHASIZING)
Can love really save us even if we're not sure about infant baptism saving anyone??

Is there a constant in the middle of all these opinon's about infant baptism and other kinds of baptism?

The need for love seems to be the constant that never changes throughout scripture - OLD and NEW.

I'll throw this in at the end here
2nd Cor. 13:13 says LOVE IS GREATER THAN FAITH...DID YOU GET THAT???(Capitals EMPHASIZING - NOT SHOUTING)

Faith includes KNOWLEDGE, opinions based on knowledge and opposing doctrines based on faith - DID YOU GET THAT?
So where is INFANT BAPTISM in the bible, when there is everything else covered so well including ADULT BAPTISM??
Think about it - It's deep. My :twocents

My name is OLIGOS

This is one of those topics I really love a lot :thumbsup.
Thanks for posting this and all the comments.

I love that I don't have to criticize anyone or disagree.
I can just love people for where they are and share my own opinion to consider where I'm at in my walk - LOVE THAT!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the Christian culture today, there have been more and more ways man has decided we can be saved.
I think we's all agree on that.

Now this is something to think :thinking about. My opinion I suppose :couch.

What about LOVE?? Can LOVE save you?
God doesn't talk about infant baptism saving you, and He doesn't talk about love saving you, but He does say in !st Corinthians 13: 1-3 that, that, "If I do not have love I have become a noisy gong or a clanging symbol, or if I have all faith. and have all KNOWLEDGE and know all mysteries, I AM NOTHING (That's pretty strong, right).
Or if I give all my possessions to the poor, and deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me NOTHING."

REALLY?? If I have ALL KNOWLEDGE about infant baptism, but NO LOVE I AM NOTHING (Not Shouting - EMPHASIZING)
Can love really save us even if we're not sure about infant baptism saving anyone??

Is there a constant in the middle of all these opinon's about infant baptism and other kinds of baptism?

The need for love seems to be the constant that never changes throughout scripture - OLD and NEW.

I'll throw this in at the end here
2nd Cor. 13:13 says LOVE IS GREATER THAN FAITH...DID YOU GET THAT???(Capitals EMPHASIZING - NOT SHOUTING)

Faith includes KNOWLEDGE, opinions based on knowledge and opposing doctrines based on faith - DID YOU GET THAT?
So where is INFANT BAPTISM in the bible, when there is everything else covered so well including ADULT BAPTISM??
Think about it - It's deep. My :twocents

My name is OLIGOS

Yes. Love.

Love is how we remain in Christ.

JLB

Yes. Love.

JLB

ABSOLUTELY, because Love should be, to me, the very essence of our core, and the greatest focus in our lives that we LIVE FROM each day of our lives. It should be the center of our existance that all things flow from. :thumbsup

My name is OLIGOS

A Person must hear the Gospel to receive faith.
A person must believe in their heart and confess with their mouth to be saved.
Can an infant do that?

So you claim that..

Infants cannot believe God, therefore they cannot be born again.
Infants cannot love God, therefore they cannot remain in Christ.

But Jesus told us..

"amen I say to you, unless you be converted, and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)

What is it then about little children that we should imitate in order to get to heaven?

Last edited:
Back