Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Christ coming in our life time or is it history

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This would be After Paul. What scripture is this? I have a Sanctuary destroyed in Danial 9. I have another show up in Dan 11 and 12.

Daniel 11 YLT
1`And I, in the first year of Darius the Mede, my standing [is] for a strengthener, and for a stronghold to him;
30 And ships of Chittim have come in against him, and he hath been pained, and hath turned back, and hath been insolent toward the holy covenant, and hath wrought, and turned back, and he understandeth concerning those forsaking the holy covenant.
31 And strong ones out of him stand up, and have polluted the sanctuary, the stronghold, and have turned aside the continual [sacrifice], and appointed the desolating abomination.

I do not believe that Daniel 11 has anything to do with the prophecy in Daniel 9. This is a short excerpt written by Matthew Henry in his commentary from the 1800's. "All this is a prophecy of the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes, the little horn spoken of before (Dan. 8:9) a sworn enemy to the Jewish religion, and a bitter persecutor of those that adhered to it."

I just had to read and read the actual history of the nation of Israel written by others including historians from other nations.
Daniel's prophecy can be traced so well documented in history that many try to say that he actually wrote them after they occurred.

I am not sure yet about Daniel 12. :)

the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary... Temple destroyed in 70 AD

Luk 21:5 And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Joh_2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Joh 2:20
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Joh 2:21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

Luk 23:45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.

Rev_3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and
I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Luk 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

What I am trying to do is find this temple that was supposedly destroyed that was adorned with goodly stones and gifts. Jesus the corner stone and called a gift? The
disciples that became a pillar in the temple of God? The temple who lost the entrance door at the Lords death? Is it even mentioned again? Danial, possibly but is it the same temple? Is it the same
temple that took like 46 years to build? Looking at other scriptures I can come up with things that at least seem plausible. May not be right, but plausible.

Joh_4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to
thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

A lot of these post seem to have some sort of temple connected. Find the temple and the rest falls in place or helps explain some things. I want the exact connection of the temple Jesus was talking about in Luke 21 with something
concrete to where you would have a hard time proving it was something else.

Blessings.

Brother Mike

You said "A lot of these post seem to have some sort of temple connected. Find the temple and the rest falls in place or helps explain some things. I want the exact connection of the temple Jesus was talking about in Luke 21 with something concrete to where you would have a hard time proving it was something else."

Answer:
Luke 21:5-6 " And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
Luk 21:6 As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. "
Verse 20 "And when Ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, them know that the desolation thereof is nigh"

In Luke 21 we have the "desolation" (destruction/throwing down of stones) of both the temple and Jerusalem in the same discourse.

Also:
In Luke 21:5 the Greek word used for temple is "herion"
In the other scriptures you gave (John 2:19,21, Rev.3:12) the Greek word used for temple is "naos"

In the N.T. whenever the believer is referred to as the "temple" of God, it is the Greek word "naos" used for temple.
(1cor.3:16-17, 1Cor.6:19, 2 Cor.6:16, Eph.2:21-22.)
This is strong evidence (beyond the plain contextual evidence-v.5-6), that the temple in Luke 21 is in fact the earthly temple in Jerusalem and not the spiritual temple of believers and the Church.

Brother Mike, I repeat my argument again, not necessarily just for you, but for all "futurists" who have not responded to or refuted it.

In Luke 21:32 Jesus says "this generation shall not pass away until all be fulfilled"
Fact: the phrase "this generation" refers to a single (one-a specific) generation
Fact: The word "all" means "all, the whole, all things, everything" (everything and all thimgs in the discourse)
Fact: Both "seeing" Jerusalems destruction (verse 20) and "seeing" Jesus' "coming in the clouds" (verse 27) are spoken of in this same discourse and therefore both verse are included in the phrase "until ALL be fulfilled"

Question: How can a single generation (this generation), "be alive" (not pass away) and "see" both Jerusalems destruction (which happened in 70ad) and Jesus' future return (which has not happened yet)?
In other words, how can a single generation be alive and witness 2 events which are separated by nearly 2000 years and counting?

The answer is they can't! That is why this "coming in the clouds"/coming of the Lord"
scripture does not refer to Jesus' future return!

This argument and reasoning is airtight, there is no hope for the futurist to refute this, which is why none have thus far!

Blessings, Hope of glory

Last edited by a moderator:
......"there shall not be left one stone upon another that shall not be thrown down"
Question: Jesus was prophesying of Jerusalem and the temples destruction...YES or NO?

Thank you for your honesty

Could I have the scripture about the actual destruction of the temple. I am reading over and formulating. I just want to see what temple that was in scripture. Thank you gentleman.

Mike.

Brother Mike

Luke 21:5-5 and Luke 21:20

Thank you Kind sir. I have copied and pasted this into "Word" to examine. All I asked was for a scripture that clearly says Rome came to destroy some Temple. I got a link to a history lesson but no scripture. That is fine, but I am only doing scriptures here. I did look a different versions of what Happened according to different people that saw the History different but that don't help much. Scripture can't be refuted.

I will examine these and hope to at least see where your teaching me from. I already see in the Word things that others don't see like the Kingdom of God is here and now. I am going to try to read what you posted with no preconcieved Doctrine in my way. I am a pre-tribber with a big bad Antichrist in the future.

AC, false prophets and beast, OH MY. Ac, false prophets and Beast, OH MY......................

Anyway.

your the blessed and I will be looking these over. Thank you for your time.

Mike.

EDIT:...........

Ok Temple meaning not brick building Temple but a spiritual type temple. I posted that somewhere but connected it to the believe because as you mentioned the different use of the Greek and Hebrew words for sanctuary as opposed to temple. Dan 9 seems more to me a holy place not a building, but buildings could be included if I am reading the different uses of Sanctuary and temple.

However, strong evidence as it seems. Jesus said these things you behold, and they were talking about how awesome the temple was. I wish Jesus would have used the other Greek word as opposed to what they used to see the point more clear.

Question: Jesus was prophesying of Jerusalem and the temples destruction...YES or NO?

Well, as I said. Dan 9 seems more like a holy place or a cordoned area, instead of a building as city was included. I just need Danial 9 connected to Luke 21.

Blessings.

Mike.

IF those guys died before the fall how could they write about it?

Born: Palestine Mark

Died: 68 AD, Alexandria, Egypt

Born: Capernaum, Israel Matt

Died: 34 AD, Hierapolis, Turkey

John . 36 AD

Luke lived till about 84

Luke is recounting the Words of Jesus. Luke lived longer than the other guys their gospels are slightly different.. Is Luke a bit more detailed here because he was around at the fall? ( I don't know just some thoughts)
uk 21:20And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
Luk 21:21Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Luk 21:22For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

......"there shall not be left one stone upon another that shall not be thrown down"

Could I have the scripture about the actual destruction of the temple. I am reading over and formulating. I just want to see what temple that was in scripture. Thank you gentleman.

Mike.

Brother Mike

20 "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.

Here is the phrase that separates the events of the above mentioned verse's, from the return of Jesus Christ -

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Jerusalem Covenant, could very well be the document that puts an end to the times of the Gentiles, and them trampling Jerusalem.

http://www.cdn-friends-icej.ca/covenant.html

This Covenant, once it's confirmed by a World Governing Ruler, will effectively give the Jews full authority to remove the Dome of the Rock as well as all Gentile influence.

JLB

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

70 AD

Mike.

Brother Mike

20 "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.

Here is the phrase that separates the events of the above mentioned verse's, from the return of Jesus Christ -

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The Jerusalem Covenant, could very well be the document that puts an end to the times of the Gentiles, and them trampling Jerusalem.

This Covenant, once it's confirmed by a World Governing Ruler, will effectively give the Jews full authority to remove the Dome of the Rock as well as all Gentile influence.

JLB

JLB
You said "Here is the phrase that separates the events of the above mentioned verse's, from the return of Jesus Christ -

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. "

You can't separate "ALL". ALL Means ALL. The Holy Ghost diddnt separate "all" so why do you try?
Seems to me you like to "separate" the scriptures.....like Daniel's 70 weeks, like the fourth kingdom in Dan.2, like Jesus' discourses.....?????
Actually (according to Luke 21:32) verse 24 "And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled" was also fulfilled before the generation which saw Jerusalem destroyed died.
You can't just pick a magic scripture and say "poof"....."hey everyone, this scripture "separates" Jesus' discourse by 2000 years"......
I can't imagine actually posting something like that.

JLB, you will never refute my Luke 21 argument.....,,because it's the truth!
If your best attempt is to say "verse 24 separates the discourse"......well, good luck friend.

Blessings

Brother Mike

JLB

JLB
You said "Here is the phrase that separates the events of the above mentioned verse's, from the return of Jesus Christ -

24 And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. "

You can't separate "ALL". ALL Means ALL. The Holy Ghost diddnt separate "all" so why do you try?
Seems to me you like to "separate" the scriptures.....like Daniel's 70 weeks, like the fourth kingdom in Dan.2, like Jesus' discourses.....?????
Actually (according to Luke 21:32) verse 24 "And they will fall by the edge of the sword, and be led away captive into all nations. And Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled" was also fulfilled before the generation which saw Jerusalem destroyed died.
You can't just pick a magic scripture and say "poof"....."hey everyone, this scripture "separates" Jesus' discourse by 2000 years"......

If your best attempt is to say "verse 24 separates the discourse"......well, good luck friend.

Blessings

22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

By "all", I take it you are referring to this verse?

All things that were prophesied in the Old Testament will certainly be fulfilled.

All the things that were Prophesied in the Old Testament were not all fulfilled in 70 AD.

The Messiah was cut off as Prophesied in 33 AD.

The Temple was destroyed in 70 AD, as prophesied.

These events are SEPARATED BY A SPAN OF ABOUT 37 YEARS!

Likewise other things that were prophesied, that make up the sum of ALL THINGS BEING FULFILLED, will also be separated by a span of time.

That is how I separated the time frame of 70 AD from the fulfillment of the Coming of the Son of Man.

It's called rightly dividing the word of truth.

JLB

Are we getting this statement from Danial 9?

Mar 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

The way I am reading it in all these is "That generation" when these things take place shall not pass.

For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

That generation experiences a time this Earth has never seen, nor will ever see.

The first time, man was nearly cleaned off from the face of the planet.

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Earth kept as the place where it's going to be worse than when the Flood hit in Noah's time. That generation who Sees these things come to pass will experience this as a time the earth has never seen before or will experience again.

I am not sure what your brothers positions are on this, but I would have a hard time thinking "That" generation has come and gone.

I give up on the temple for now. It was destroyed in 70ad.................. if you say so.

Blessings.
Mike.

I'm going to ask you the same thing I was asked.

Who does the NT say is Israel? Who is a true Jew? According to scripture.

So who is a Gentile but the opposite of a true Jew?

Who is the vine, who are the branches?

uh lovely, I hope this doesn't go into the jews are the synagogue of satan . that is a local issue to the church then. but that is off topic.

Brother Mike

JLB

JLB

Blessings

22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

By "all", I take it you are referring to this verse?

All things that were prophesied in the Old Testament will certainly be fulfilled.

All the things that were Prophesied in the Old Testament were not all fulfilled in 70 AD.

The Messiah was cut off as Prophesied in 33 AD.

These events are SEPARATED BY A SPAN OF ABOUT 37 YEARS!

Likewise other things that were prophesied, that make up the sum of ALL THINGS BEING FULFILLED, will also be separated by a span of time.

That is how I separated the time frame of 70 AD from the fulfillment of the Coming of the Son of Man.

It's called rightly dividing the word of truth.

JLB

JLB

You said "22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

By "all", I take it you are referring to this verse?"

Answer: No, this was not the verse I was referring to.
Here is the verse I was referring to.
" Luke 21:32 .... "this generation shall not pass away until ALL be fulfilled"
The word "ALL" refers to everything spoken in this discourse.
Both verses 20 and 27 are a part of the Luke 21 discourse and both are therefore included in the "ALL" in verse 32.

With the proper verse in mind, look at my argument again:

In Luke 21:32 Jesus says "this generation shall not pass away until all be fulfilled"
Fact: the phrase "this generation" refers to a single (one-a specific) generation
Fact: The word "all" means "all, the whole, all things, everything" (everything and all thimgs in the discourse)
Fact: Both "seeing" Jerusalems destruction (verse 20) and "seeing" Jesus' "coming in the clouds" (verse 27) are spoken of in this same discourse and therefore both verse are included in the phrase "until ALL be fulfilled"

Question: How can a single generation (this generation), "be alive" (not pass away) and "see" both Jerusalems destruction (which happened in 70ad) and Jesus' future return (which has not happened yet)?
In other words, how can a single generation be alive and witness 2 events which are
separated by nearly 2000 years and counting?

The answer is they can't! That is why this "coming in the clouds"/coming of the Lord"
scripture does not refer to Jesus' future return!

This argument and reasoning is airtight, there is no hope for the futurist to refute this, which is why none have thus far!

(JLB, concerning verse 22 which you thought I was speaking of "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled", you do greatly err.
This scripture is not saying that "all prophecy will be fulfilled in these days".
Rather, this scripture is saying that "the days of vengeance" will make possible "all things which are written to be fulfilled"
Read it: "For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled"
Without the destruction of Jerusalem and it's system, all things written could not be fulfilled!
Another truth of this scripture is to understand it in it's context, especially verses 20-21. The context is Jerusalems desolstion (20) and judgment which were the "days of
vengeance". Between 67-70ad, all things which were written concerning "vengeance" upon Jerusalem were fulfilled.)

As I said, you will never refute my argument in Luke 21.
No matter your reason, this prophecy can not be separated by 2000 years.
"this generation" (luke 21:32) refers to a single generation, and no generation has lived 2000 years!

We must wait on the understanding rather than "separate" prophecies to fit what we do understand.

You still have not shown how I am wrong in Luke 21 JLB.
thanks

This partial statement or that partial statement.. Just funnen sorta

I am taking the position that Mike don't know a whole lot. I also take the position that I am not concerned with what others believe, but love them anyway. These fella's seem to know everything with Air tight proof. So, I am setting aside my few 14 years of studies and paying attention. All things become new, so I am still a teen in the Lord Jesus. Teens ought to listen.

Blessings.

Mike.

Are we getting this statement from Danial 9?

Mar 13:19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
Mar 13:28 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
Mar 13:29 So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
Mar 13:30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

The way I am reading it in all these is "That generation" when these things take place shall not pass.

For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

That generation experiences a time this Earth has never seen, nor will ever see.

The first time, man was nearly cleaned off from the face of the planet.

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Earth kept as the place where it's going to be worse than when the Flood hit in Noah's time. That generation who Sees these things come to pass will experience this as a time the earth has never seen before or will experience again.

I am not sure what your brothers positions are on this, but I would have a hard time thinking "That" generation has come and gone.

I give up on the temple for now. It was destroyed in 70ad.................. if you say so.

Blessings.
Mike.

Brother Mike

You said "The way I am reading it in all these is "That generation" when these things take place shall not pass."

Answer: EXACTLY, this is my point!

When did this take place? "And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh" (Luke 21:20)
Answer: 67-70ad (the wars, seige, and destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans)

Question: If the "generation" to see "all these things" is yet a future generation, how will this "future generation" see a historical event which happened nearly 2000 years ago (Jerusalems destruction at the hands of the Romans 70ad)?
Will this "future generation" time travel back to 70ad?????

This repeating myself is getting old, this is SO SIMPLE! (I don't know how many ways I can ask this?)

Question: If the "things" in Luke 21 cover a period of nearly 2000 years (destruction of Jerusalem-70ad.....to.....the Son of Man coming in the clouds-2013 if he came this year), how can a single generation (this generation) "see" both events before dying?

Answer: impossible!!!!

Conclusion: Everything in Luke 21 was fulfilled by 70 ad, within "that generation", and Jesus' "coming in the clouds" in verse 27 has nothing to do with his future bodily return......just like Math.26:64!
This argument and reasoning is airtight! The truth will prevail brothers!

Brother Mike, have you looked at each time Jesus said "this generation" in the gospels? This will fully persuade you also that the phrase "this generation" in Math.24 Mark 13 and Luke 21 do in fact refer to Jesus' first century contemporary generation.

Blessings
Hope of glory

This partial statement or that partial statement.. Just funnen sorta

I am taking the position that Mike don't know a whole lot. I also take the position that I am not concerned with what others believe, but love them anyway. These fella's seem to know everything with Air tight proof. So, I am setting aside my few 14 years of studies and paying attention. All things become new, so I am still a teen in the Lord Jesus. Teens ought to listen.

Blessings.

Mike.

Brother Mike

There is much I am not "airtight" with!
But there are some things that I am totally solid with, this is one of them. I hope I don't sound arrogant, just confident.
You brought up a text that I believe you would enjoy discussing with me (2pet.3) and me with you.
If we have beat this horse long enough we can go there. I believe that I have shown without a doubt that not all "coming of the Lord" scriptures speak of Jesus' future return. Some speak of 70ad, many speak of his "parousia" or "revealing" in us (Christ in us, the hope of glory), and a few refer to his future return.
Or, if there are difficult passages in Math.24 Mark 13 or Luke 21, we can look at these.
Up to you buddy, you great to talk to Sir!

Blessings
Hope of glory

I'm going to ask you the same thing I was asked.

Who does the NT say is Israel? Who is a true Jew? According to scripture.

So who is a Gentile but the opposite of a true Jew?

Who is the vine, who are the branches?

I would have to ask you to give a scripture in question, then I will discuss the scripture you give.

Thanks JLB

Back