Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Christ divided?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

JLB

Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life
Supporter
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:10-13

• I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

I hear much discussion lately about the merits of Calvinism vs Arminianism, this doctrine verses that doctrine, this set of commentaries verses that one...

Why? So we can continue promoting the division the devil has devised with all of these different teachings?

• each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided?

We must find the will and motivation to look to the scriptures and the leading of the Spirit as our source for doctrinal truth. The New Testament is the teaching of Christ through His apostles, for our benefit.

Claiming to be Calvinist, or Arminian, or Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, or Premillennialism or Dispensational Premillennialism, Historical Premillennialism, Amillennialism, Postmillennialism, and on and on.... referring to a plethora of different authors who one follows, only incites division.

This should not be brothers and sisters.

We are Christians, followers of Christ; children of God.

JLB

Last edited:
Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 1 Corinthians 1:10-13

• I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

I hear much discussion lately about the merits of Calvinism vs Arminianism, this doctrine verses that doctrine, this set of commentaries verses that one...

Why? So we can continue promoting the division the devil has promoted with all of these different teachings?

• each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided?

We must find the will and motivation to look to the scriptures and the leading of the Spirit as our source for doctrinal truth. The New Testament is the teaching of Christ through His apostles, for our benefit.

Claiming to be Calvinist, or Arminian, or Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Pentecostal, or Premillennialism or Dispensational Premillennialism, Historical Premillennialism, Amillennialism, Postmillennialism, and on and on.... referring to a plethora of different authors who one follows, only incites division.

JLB
I get your point,but we'll.
a non English speaker new to America couldn't understand English and so he finds a church that speaks his and we have now

haitain churches ,no English services ,Spanish only services
Brazilian only and also korean churches in my county .

a community for immigrants who are new and on top of the past forced black segregation churches .

English isn't easy and well we Americans are cruel to these . so they feel comfortable together and form communities

you can't get a job in Dade ,broward or palm beach without being bilingual or tri lingual .Creole ,Jamaican and Spanish are a must .these have communities in Dade where they alone lI've and don't integrate with each other .

a non English speaker new to America couldn't understand English and so he finds a church that speaks his and we have now

a community for immigrants who are new and on top of the past forced black segregation churches .

English isn't easy and well we Americans are cruel to these . so they feel comfortable together and form communities

Thank goodness we have bibles in hundreds of different languages.

JLB

Thank goodness we have bibles in hundreds of different languages.

JLB
not my point per se,unity is nigh impossible if you can't communicate .these are immigrants ,legal or illegal who meet there .

its sad when you have denomonations with a separate church for them that don't link up with the nearby churches of the same type .

what happened to one body ?

About 50 years ago here in MN it was not uncommon for churches of various languages to be found. There is a lot German heritage found in central and the south central part of our state so one could easily find a German speaking church. Norwegian and Swedish ancestry is also very common right here where I live and there were quite a few churches in this area that spoke Norwegian and Swedish. In fact, while looking through the library in my church I found a lot of information including bibles printed in Norwegian. There is a church about 10 miles north of here that is now part of the historical society that was a Swedish speaking church in its day. On the iron range in northern MN one could find a lot of Finnish speaking people so naturally there were churches where the Finnish language was spoken. In recent years we have seen an increase in Spanish speaking people moving into the area and I would not be surprised to find a Spanish speaking church in the small town about 20 miles east of me. I think I know where it is even.

not my point per se,unity is nigh impossible if you can't communicate .these are immigrants ,legal or illegal who meet there .

its sad when you have denomonations with a separate church for them that don't link up with the nearby churches of the same type .

It has slowly divided with the introduction of doctrines that are not from Christ.

• that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
Ephesians 4:11-16

Each Pastor, teacher, leader is accountable to Jesus Christ for what he or she teaches, whether truth or divisive doctrines of lies.

JLB

Last edited:
It has slowly divided with the introduction of doctrines that are not from Christ.

• that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting

And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
Ephesians 4:11-16

Each Pastor, teacher, leader is account to Jesus Christ for what he or she teaches, whether truth or divisive doctrines of lies.

JLB

so a church that has a die hard pre tribher eschatology should allow you to teach your pov,and if not then you just shut up ?

I have been told here and elsewhere that I can't share my views on eschatology .

amil isn't welcome in some churches and vice versa ,its a grey area . some make it a heresy to believe other wise .

what of theistic evolution ?creationism ?

old or young earth and also gap theory?

I'm a yec myself but my,brother is oec. barbarian is a theistic evolutionist . I personally believe yec is correct but the others arent lost .
churches form over grey areas.

in,essentials unity ,in non essentials liberty ,and all else charity .

I can't be under a theistic evolutionist teacher .liberty I give .he may teach but I'm,not listening .

you nor I get to decide that on the gray areas whom is lost or not because they teach theistic evolution or gap theory etc

Last edited:
you nor I get to decide that on the gray areas whom is lost or not because they teach theistic evolution or gap theory etc

so a church that has a die hard pre tribher eschatology should allow you to teach your pov,and if not then you just shut up ?

Jason, did you even read my post?

Why are you making up things I never said, and carrying on like I mentioned them?

Man made labels only serve to divide us into categories that are unbiblical.

Your statement is unrecognizable and makes no sense ...

I'm a yec myself but my,brother is oec. barbarian is a theistic evolutionist . I personally believe yec is correct but the others arent lost .
churches form over grey areas.

I have no earthy idea what a yec is or how it relates to my post.

JLB

Jason, did you even read my post?

Why are you making up things I never said, and carrying on like I mentioned them?

Man made labels only serve to divide us into categories that are unbiblical.

Your statement is unrecognizable and makes no sense ...

I have no earthy idea what a yec is or how it relates to my post.

JLB
young earth creationism

churches do take posittions .

my old church required per its sof a millienial reign .

I'm,amil and whIle demonotion does the pastor didn't as his church school teacher and fill in was amil .

amillienilism is a man made word .

you want unity in the church yet decry over division and some call various positiond lies and also or so ingrained in theirs they won't allow others to teach theirs or worse you,must be as they

I don't see divisions over the grey areas to where churches form as you do ,pride to a degree ,but as my pastor and elder said Wednesday we can have one big universal chirch with subdivisions of it in with gates of freedom to see it different.

home for me is my reformed church . for others it isn't because my,brother is not reformed and my pastor is .that isn't a division in your eyes?

your first post

Why? So we can continue promoting the division the devil has promoted with all of these different teachings?

JLB
we arent robots ,no one will agree on ever thing .much of that list is non essential.yet you just said that each believer of amil,or
how they might see a grey area is of the devil.

look I was here before you ,a mod before you .Reba and hitch forced me to look at what did the bible say on end times ,I left pre trib and pre mil over that .I have been told in church to do so meant I was left behind by some and I changed those minds . Jesus comes for all.I am close to partial preterist amil if I must .I prefer ,let God sort it out .my pastor is Anil,his wife nor his two elders who have taught end times are.

yet people do get dogmatic ,your own words are calling them all devilish for simply seeing things differently .

I dont ,I have no desire to change you a post tribb,pre mil to my view ,I disagree but the facts are He hasn't returned .

i can be a team player .my bias is i can't be under a theistic evolutionist as they contort the bible to do that . but their not lost .I know a dear saint who is pro life and saved and is one!he taught me to fish . he did so knowing I was a jw as my,brother was.we have fond memories with his family .

Again as JLB said, thank God the Bible is written in many different languages as even on the internet you can translate the Bible into any language. It's not the language that is the barrier, but in how others interpret the scriptures as many teach from a carnal knowledge, points of view and theories instead of listening to what the Holy Spirit teaches and equips those who God calls to take the Gospel out to every nation. Could you imagine all the different languages the Apostles of Christ encountered in their journeys, but yet everyone heard them preach in their own language as the Holy Spirit spoke through them.

Nothing has ever changed in that as it still works this way today. It's just mans traditional doctrines throughout the centuries that have twisted the words of God, probably more so in the English language, and bent them to make scripture fit their preconceived ideas, theories and philosophies. While on this earth there will always be division within teaching the Gospels and this should not be if we are truly hearing that of what the Spirit wants to teach us.

Reactions: JLB

You are "mixing your metaphors".
The OP is about subjecting oneself to a doctrine to the exclusion of others, not about different languages worshipping together.
Now, were the Spanish or Creole speaking churches dividing themselves according to Arminiamism-Calvinism divides it would correlate to the OP.

We see churches who speak in tongues and others who say that gift is of the devil or done away with.
Both types of church can't be of God.
We must use the words in the bible to find which is of God.

young earth creationism

churches do take posittions .

my old church required per its sof a millienial reign .

I'm,amil and whIle demonotion does the pastor didn't as his church school teacher and fill in was amil .

amillienilism is a man made word .

you want unity in the church yet decry over division and some call various positiond lies and also or so ingrained in theirs they won't allow others to teach theirs or worse you,must be as they

I don't see divisions over the grey areas to where churches form as you do ,pride to a degree ,but as my pastor and elder said Wednesday we can have one big universal chirch with subdivisions of it in with gates of freedom to see it different.

home for me is my reformed church . for others it isn't because my,brother is not reformed and my pastor is .that isn't a division in your eyes?

your first post
we arent robots ,no one will agree on ever thing .much of that list is non essential.yet you just said that each believer of amil,or
how they might see a grey area is of the devil.

look I was here before you ,a mod before you .Reba and hitch forced me to look at what did the bible say on end times ,I left pre trib and pre mil over that .I have been told in church to do so meant I was left behind by some and I changed those minds . Jesus comes for all.I am close to partial preterist amil if I must .I prefer ,let God sort it out .my pastor is Anil,his wife nor his two elders who have taught end times are.

yet people do get dogmatic ,your own words are calling them all devilish for simply seeing things differently .

I dont ,I have no desire to change you a post tribb,pre mil to my view ,I disagree but the facts are He hasn't returned .

i can be a team player .my bias is i can't be under a theistic evolutionist as they contort the bible to do that . but their not lost .I know a dear saint who is pro life and saved and is one!he taught me to fish . he did so knowing I was a jw as my,brother was.we have fond memories with his family .

Taking a young man fishing is awesome.

Wouldnt you rather be know as a son of God, rather than a partial preterist amil?

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Romans 8:14

I think we can all agree that loving and obeying God and loving
our fellow man is only accomplished by being led by the Holy Spirit.

I know this to be true. Maybe some would disagree.

JLB

I follow JLB.
No, just kidding.
The United Methodist Church just divided.
Traditional one way, homos the other way.
A Jewish lawyer did the work for free.
He loved the idea of being the lawyer that divided the church.

Look at my signature.
OSAS is a way of life, not a doctrine.
No one debates me on this.
WE have unity on this.

The churches here in Citrus county are all divided.
If and when any of the pastors come together, it is all lip service.
This I know.
Everyone wants to be divided.

Where is the power of the Spirit of God?
God is spirit and we need to be in the Spirit to be with God.
If you don't believe you have the power of the Spirit of God, then ask for it.
Pray for it and God will give it to you.
Then you will be able to have fellowship with others who walk in the Spirit.

This forum can have unity in the Spirit of God if we choose to.
Some people just like to debate for the sake of debating.
I understand that.
But take some time and go into the other forums and share with the rest of us.
Thank you

Just what do people believe or understand by unity?

Is it uniformity in belief and practice?

Or could it be a similarity or conformity to a central belief?

Many different secondary issues have been mention, but nothing about what is common to All branches of Christianity.

The NT take about being saved through faith in Jesu, it says nothing about churches or about theological beliefs.

The unity in Jesus is just that a unity in a saving faith.

Many different secondary issues have been mention, but nothing about what is common to All branches of Christianity.

The NT take about being saved through faith in Jesu, it says nothing about churches or about theological beliefs.

You sound so harsh.
You can sit on the other side of the church.

Unity is coming into the faith of Christ as we all believe in what He taught. That unity brings us to love one another and destroys the barriers of division.

Is it a doctrine to you?

Yes. It starts out as a teaching from Christ, then it becomes a fruitful lifestyle. It starts with a seed.

Those by the wayside are the ones who hear; then the devil comes and takes away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. But the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, who believe for a while and in time of temptation fall away. Now the ones that fell among thorns are those who, when they have heard, go out and are choked with cares, riches, and pleasures of life, and bring no fruit to maturity. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard the word with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience. Luke 8:12-15

Are you aware that wrong doctrine can cause you to depart from the faith?

Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 1 Timothy 4:1

JLB

Back