Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Divorce a Sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you remember this one?

Last night as I got home about a half past ten
There was the woman I thought I knew
In the arms of another man
I kept my cool, I ain't no fool
Let me tell you what happened then
I packed some clothes and I walked out
And I ain't going back again
[Chorus:]
So take a letter Maria, address it to my wife
Say I won't be coming home, gonna start a new life
So take a letter Maria, address it to my wife
Send a copy to my lawyer, gotta start a new life

Oh, i don't think it would be any different. I can see how the one who was cheated on being a victim because they were wronged in a big way. I'm just saying that they shouldn't act like a victim if they love them. If that's possible that is. Because love is supposed to be unconditional. It seems very far fetched because that is a huge wrong and would rip someones heart out, but it would be the biblical response.

This is such a sad story. Why is it that Christian wives and husbands are supposed to put up with more crap than secular people just for the sanctity of marriage? I don't think the Lord would want any woman in that kind of relationship. My husband's first wife was very abusive to him. She even used to beat on him. He put up with it because a pastor told him that it was all his fault and that he needed to stay with her to preserve the marriage and for the children. My second husband tried to kill me twice and it was only by the grace of God I got out alive. I believe marriage is the most important institution on earth. If you study the Old Testament Hebrew marriage is where two equal partners work together for the glory of God. It isn't something we just stay in because we don't want to be another divorce statistic.[/QUOTE]

This is such a sad story. Why is it that Christian wives and husbands are supposed to put up with more crap than secular people just for the sanctity of marriage? I don't think the Lord would want any woman in that kind of relationship. My husband's first wife was very abusive to him. She even used to beat on him. He put up with it because a pastor told him that it was all his fault and that he needed to stay with her to preserve the marriage and for the children. My second husband tried to kill me twice and it was only by the grace of God I got out alive. I believe marriage is the most important institution on earth. If you study the Old Testament Hebrew marriage is where two equal partners work together for the glory of God. It isn't something we just stay in because we don't want to be another divorce statistic.
[/QUOTE]
:hugAbuse is an ugly thing.It is a miracle I am still alive after my first marriage.God loves us He knows our struggles and He has a tremendous amount of mercy,grace and compassion.He wants us to live in peace and to be happy not to have someone use us as a door mat or a punching bag.

Here is a little somthing by Alan Redpath in his "Royal Route to Heaven" I Corinthians. from way back in the 60's .
Back then he pointed out "But if in spite of everything, the unbeliever goes, then you must let him go, If he does depart, you have no right to be remarried, unless in his departure he himself commits adultry..
But if the unbelieving partner of a marriage leaves because he or she cannot stand the testimony of the other, then let him or her) go, even though it breaks your heart.But you have no right to be remarried; yours is the right to pray that even in his departure he might be brought to know the Lord Jesus,cfVerse 16.
If you hold on and pray and believe, you may see God answer prayer exeedingly abundantly above all you can ask or think!"

I think this would apply where there are cases of differences in "beliefs"which might manifest itself later in the marriage.Forcing one or the other to a different congregation for eg.What if one of the partners chooses to become a "Satanist' ?,It is quite feasable in the current enlightend world we now live in.

What if one of the partners chooses to become a "Satanist' ?,It is quite feasable in the current enlightend world we now live in.

The closest story I can think of in the Bible would be Jacob and Rachel. When Jacob found that Rachael had her father's idols he took them away and buried them. I'm sure he explained to her why. Somehow I don't think he would have allowed her to bring idol worship into his home or allowed these things to be taught to his children.

Last edited:
The churches fail to teach the Biblical value of marriage.... Divorce between Christians is too easy....It is not God's plan... .Marriage is ( should be) the picture of Christ and the Church...

I see divorce between the unsaved as sad.. the devaluation of marriage the devaluation of sexual commitment ...

The churches fail to teach the Biblical value of marriage.... Divorce between Christians is too easy....It is not God's plan... .Marriage is ( should be) the picture of Christ and the Church...

I see divorce between the unsaved as sad.. the devaluation of marriage the devaluation of sexual commitment ...
sometimes we marry when we shouldn't have.

There are no doubt some who have given up on their marriage who should not have as well. Both sides of the coin which illustrate the frail miserable stae of marriage in the 21st century..

I know I could remarry but God wants me right where I am.I have peace with that.

You get married do you have children? A mans portion amazes me but let me ask you did you divorce or did he divorce you.
But you are wise for you say you can remarry but god wants you were you at but understand a man or women who divorce and marry another commits adultery.

To the rest of you this is the law concerning marriage. If a man or a women marry he does not sin. No if a righteous man marry an ungodly women she is clean and if a righteous women marry and ungodly man he is clean because two saith he becomes one flesh by that righteous man she is purged now

If that ungodly women leaves him or that ungodly man leaves here let them leave and do not seek to marry if they marry another they committed adultry but as long as the man or women is alive you the righteous are bound by the law.

For a man can be snared entering into a marriage so it's better to un marry but if you marry you don't sin.

But still ill it amazes me for some marry and are in good all their days they say I'm gonna seek The Lord when I'm old and they do with their mouth but their heart are as far from him as the east from the west yet they are blessed.
The righteous mourns and weeps all the day but they who sin are blessed? Who can answer me? Who?

None of you understands but I have answered you concerning this matter

You get married do you have children? A mans portion amazes me but let me ask you did you divorce or did he divorce you.
But you are wise for you say you can remarry but god wants you were you at but understand a man or women who divorce and marry another commits adultery.

To the rest of you this is the law concerning marriage. If a man or a women marry he does not sin. No if a righteous man marry an ungodly women she is clean and if a righteous women marry and ungodly man he is clean because two saith he becomes one flesh by that righteous man she is purged now

If that ungodly women leaves him or that ungodly man leaves here let them leave and do not seek to marry if they marry another they committed adultry but as long as the man or women is alive you the righteous are bound by the law.

For a man can be snared entering into a marriage so it's better to un marry but if you marry you don't sin.

But still ill it amazes me for some marry and are in good all their days they say I'm gonna seek The Lord when I'm old and they do with their mouth but their heart are as far from him as the east from the west yet they are blessed.
The righteous mourns and weeps all the day but they who sin are blessed? Who can answer me? Who?

None of you understands but I have answered you concerning this matter
I divorced him and believe me it was a Biblical divorce.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back