Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is drinking caffeine a sin?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Riven

It's technically a drug. If consuming drugs is a sin, then shouldn't Christians avoid caffeinated drinks and food? šŸ¤”

Please share your thoughts.

It's technically a drug. If consuming drugs is a sin, then shouldn't Christians avoid caffeinated drinks and food? šŸ¤”

Alcohol is a drug yet Jesus not only drank it he provided an over abundance of it at the wedding in canna.

If one was drinking or is drinking it purely inorder to get high then it would be sinful.
You can enjoy your teas, coffees, cucumbers and the many other items that contain small amounts of a drug.
We are told to be sober, not intoxicated.

68449b0eab5781df48d675be8863372c.jpg

I do think a lot of people are actually addicted to caffeine, fortunately the worst it typically does is give you withdrawal headaches.

I drink energy drinks when severely overstimulated, caffeine helps calm my nervous system down. I only drink energy drinks on those days.

I guess it's like.....
We take drugs all the time. OTC drugs for pain and colds, flus. Prescription drugs.... I'm on like 12 of them, the latest being Ozempic. Recreational drugs like alcohol and nicotine.
Drugs are not inherently an evil, but those that have harmful and adverse affects are often sinful. I don't know that I'd call smoking a sin, but there is decades and decades of research on how terrible it is for your health. Arguably being any level drunk or high is also a sin, even if consumed responsibly.

It just depends on what the drug does and why you are taking it.

I guess it's like.....
We take drugs all the time. OTC drugs for pain and colds, flus. Prescription drugs.... I'm on like 12 of them, the latest being Ozempic. Recreational drugs like alcohol and nicotine.
Drugs are not inherently an evil, but those that have harmful and adverse affects are often sinful. I don't know that I'd call smoking a sin, but there is decades and decades of research on how terrible it is for your health. Arguably being any level drunk or high is also a sin, even if consumed responsibly.

It just depends on what the drug does and why you are taking it.
Breathing is hazardous to our health these days due to contaminants. Same is true with drinking water.

Hey All,
If you think it's wrong, then for you it is a sin, for you.

Romans 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

In general, drugs are not wrong when used for healing, or the easing of pain. Overuse, to the point of addiction, when it is no longer being used properly, when the drug controls you, then yes it is a sin.
Actually, coffee itself is never mentioned specifically in the Bible. Coffee came to the Middle East via the explorers like Columbus, Vespucci, and Magellan. Imagine, Jesus lived in a time without coffee, or chocolate.
THE HORROR!!!

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I hope not. I donā€™t think soā€¦
I drink a good bit of coffee ā˜•ļø. Coffee apparently contains loads of antioxidants and other compounds that can improve and maintain overall health so itā€™s not just about the caffeine.
Caffeine is used in medicine especially in the old school headache šŸ¤• medicines. I used to have a prescription for oneā€¦it was caffeine a sedative and some Tylenol in retro looking red capsules. It worked soā€¦ok.

I drink coffee all the time although it is decaffeinated. I learned by accident that caffeinated coffee was a major source of heartburn for me. It doesn't make any sense because both coffees have the acids but if I drink regular coffee I can expect that I'll be dealing with a heartburn within a couple hours most of the time.

I drink coffee all the time although it is decaffeinated. I learned by accident that caffeinated coffee was a major source of heartburn for me. It doesn't make any sense because both coffees have the acids but if I drink regular coffee I can expect that I'll be dealing with a heartburn within a couple hours most of the time.
Decaf ,kinda like non alcohol .it still has it just not as much .

Tea has caffeine as well .

Back