Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is drinking caffeine a sin?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Not long a ago i had a naturally grown banana from a naturally grown environment thats never been engineered or anything, and i have never in my life tasted so much flavour, it was so banana i nearly turned into a banana, it didnt look the best but was the best tasting i ever had so much flavour. Never been tampered with by humans. Just pure and natural.

And like it was so natural like chickens lived around the plants so like there dumps gave good natural fertiliser.

Cuban coffee ,lol.
My wife once was employed by man from Cuba and my wife actually did not drink much in the way of caffeine drinks .
One morning her boss's daughter was brewing Cuban expresso for her dad and my wife said she would like to try some expresso . My wife said ohhh it tasted so good but soon everything was in slow motion except for her :lol .
She did not sleep for 3 days .

My wife once was employed by man from Cuba and my wife actually did not drink much in the way of caffeine drinks .
One morning her boss's daughter was brewing Cuban expresso for her dad and my wife said she would like to try some expresso . My wife said ohhh it tasted so good but soon everything was in slow motion except for her :lol .
She did not sleep for 3 days .
Lol.

I drink coffee once a week,it is a blend of French Vanilla,Cafe Ol'e 'Taste of San Antonio',and a Starbucks flavor.2 scoops of French Vanilla,1 scoop of Cafe Ol'e,1 scoop of Starbucks,and I sprinkle in a pinch of sugar,it's not to bitter,not to sweet.If you are ever in Clayton, Georgia,stop at the Clayton Cafe,I had a really good cup of coffee there back in October.I drink my weekly cup of coffee on the way to work in the morning,in the dark,I wouldn't want any innocent bystanders to be cast into Sheol if they witnessed me drinking coffee.I have a small bible taped to my coffee tumbler to sanctify my 'Holy Coffee',Ha,Ha.

I drink coffee once a week,it is a blend of French Vanilla,Cafe Ol'e 'Taste of San Antonio',and a Starbucks flavor.2 scoops of French Vanilla,1 scoop of Cafe Ol'e,1 scoop of Starbucks,and I sprinkle in a pinch of sugar,it's not to bitter,not to sweet.If you are ever in Clayton, Georgia,stop at the Clayton Cafe,I had a really good cup of coffee there back in October.I drink my weekly cup of coffee on the way to work in the morning,in the dark,I wouldn't want any innocent bystanders to be cast into Sheol if they witnessed me drinking coffee.I have a small bible taped to my coffee tumbler to sanctify my 'Holy Coffee',Ha,Ha.

Is this supposed to be some sort of sneering at those concerned about caffeine addiction? Paul didn't respond this way to the sensitivities of his brethren. Why are you?

Romans 14:13-15
13 Therefore let us not judge one another anymore, but rather determine this—not to put an obstacle or a stumbling block in a brother's way.
14 I know and am convinced in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself; but to him who thinks anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
15 For if because of food your brother is hurt, you are no longer walking according to love. Do not destroy with your food him for whom Christ died.

Romans 14:20-21
20 Do not tear down the work of God for the sake of food. All things indeed are clean, but they are evil for the man who eats and gives offense.
21 It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles.

It is likely that it is not the caffein that is causing her heartburn issue. It is more likely the acids in the drink. This is why when you search for side effects of too much coffee, either caffeinated or decaffeinated, heartburn is commonly listed.

In my case, the caffein seems to be a source of my heartburn problem. It's like clockwork. If I drink regular coffee, I will experience heartburn within a couple hours so I always have to be ready with antacids, however, if I stay with decaffeinated, I don't experience that problem, even when I drink coffee all day long.

From healthline.com, here is a list of the most common acids found in coffee in order from highest to lowest concentration: chlorogenic, quinic, citric, acetic, lactic, malic, phosphoric, linoleic, and palmitic.
Do you eat anything with your coffee?

Ok. So while we're on the subject: how much caffeine do y'all drink before you get any effects or benefits?

I have never gotten anything from caffeine, unless in extreme distress and at very high doses. I could drink a Monster and go straight to bed afterwards. However, when I am in extreme distress, drinking a Monster will help me to calm down and regulate myself.

Ok. So while we're on the subject: how much caffeine do y'all drink before you get any effects or benefits?

I have never gotten anything from caffeine, unless in extreme distress and at very high doses. I could drink a Monster and go straight to bed afterwards. However, when I am in extreme distress, drinking a Monster will help me to calm down and regulate myself.
I can get the heartburn with just one cup of regular coffee. How much caffein that amounts too, I do not know.

I have just one cup of coffee in the morning.

I drink more coffee ☕️ than I should. Part of it is I like cold coffee. I sometimes make my own cold brew other times I buy big bottles of iced or cold brew coffee ☕️. And so…
Add some cream and it’s potentially an anytime drink lol 😆.

Back