Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Is everyone a child of Christ?

Do you think everyone is a child of God or only the believers?

Matthew 7
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

I would say those who walk in obedience are considered a child of God. As we can see from the passage above, those individuals were obviously believers but the Lord states that He never knew them. I don't believe the Lord would say that to one of His children.

I believe that only Christians are a child of God.Those who are unbelievers are a creation of God.
John 3:3
John 1:12

John 3
3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

John 1
12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

Thanks. :thumbsup

I believe that only Christians are a child of God.Those who are unbelievers are a creation of God.
John 3:3
John 1:12
You are right and you are incorrect in your use of terms. None of us are the Children and this can be confusing. The Saved are the Children of God, the Father and Jesus, the Christ is the First Born Son of God. (Another confusing issue, usually in need of a great deal of study.) When we are Converted we are saved and when and if we surrender, completely, we are members of the Bride of the Christ.

The best place I've found to begin to study this is Matt. 22:1-14, the Parable of the Wedding Feast.

Is it possible that we are all children of our Heavenly Father and being that we have free will and a sinful heart some may choose to be disobedient and walk away from the Father and child eternal bond?
Malachi 2:10 10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

I lean towards predestination. The sheep know His voice. The Elect are God's children. He causes all things to come together for the good of those who are *called*....

I might be wrong but what I received from he OP was that she has heard the errant teaching that all are the Children of God and, therefore, are Christians. All of us were and are the creation of God but many of us are bad children and will be Eternally punished for our disobedience.

Kathi, if I'm over stepping here, please, do not hesitate to correct me.

As for Predestination, no man can argue against what the scriptures teach but the Five Point, Hyper-Calvinist has tossed a good portion of the scriptures God breathed for us into File 13. This is not the thread for discussion of that subject because folks are too passionate about it.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
our actions determine whose we are, but since I have a grandchild that is loved by many here , I shall use her for an example. whose is she? satan or gods? she is too young to understand sin. that will open up the floor,lol

Yep. John 1:12

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:/

Not everyone, not even all Christians. It goes, servant, friend, son, bride.

Yep. John 1:12

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:/

Not everyone, not even all Christians. It goes, servant, friend, son, bride.

how does be saved and isn't a serveant? jesus called the disciple his friends. paul said he was a serveant of god(slave) and yet he is part of the church.

how does be saved and isn't a serveant? jesus called the disciple his friends. paul said he was a serveant of god(slave) and yet he is part of the church.

In the Old Testament the bondservant was discerned by whom s/he obeyed. Those who served willingly has their ear pierced.

Blessings.

In the Old Testament the bondservant was discerned by whom s/he obeyed. Those who served willingly has their ear pierced.

Blessings.
actually its both. in the tanach one could be sold for a debt and was realeased after seven years then after that one had ones right ear pierced and was part of the home.

actually its both. in the tanach one could be sold for a debt and was realeased after seven years then after that one had ones right ear pierced and was part of the home.

I think this may be part of the force of Psalm 40: 'Mine ears hast thou opened (Hebrew: digged)'), Messianically understood.

Blessings.

That's a good question. Perhaps the last line of John 1:12?

...them that believe on His name./

How much belief? How much faith? It doesn't elaborate. We know there are differing levels of faith and belief.

That's a good question. Perhaps the last line of John 1:12?

...them that believe on His name./

How much belief? How much faith? It doesn't elaborate. We know there are differing levels of faith and belief.

I think the point would be that the Lord Himself sees whether there is true faith.

Blessings.

Back