Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is faith or works necessary for Salvation ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
=francisdesales;591813]I am not putting limits on God's mercy by saying that He will judge others as unworthy and lacking in love to enter the Kingdom.
No, of course not. God's criteria for judgment is the concern. But as there are two judgments with different criteria it is relevant. No doubt the fruits of one's life will be weighed. But judgment under law and under Christ implies different expectations. I do not take a critical stance upon such things. There are those who by circumstance are required to endure much greater trials than I. I therefore see God making vessels only in a way He can.
The Gospels are full of such examples of people cast out into the night, with chattering of teeth and full of regret. This is not "human judgment", it is simply accepting what God has said to us.
I know what you're saying, but I do not like the thought of regret. Fear of regret is not the impetus I see in Christ. Fear of punishment is not the reason for Love. For he weeps for Jerusalem and so also I pity the lost. As it is the goodness of God that draws a man to that repentance that is from the heart and changes the mind. I see that same goodness in Jesus. God is not our oppressor. Having said that, the fear of God is yet another impetus of God that scripture speaks of. That's why I contemplate where we take God for granted in His goodness and are estranged.
There is nothing wrong with praying that "all men will be saved", but it is clear that all men don't WANT to be saved - or even think they NEED to be saved...
I can never fathom why any man would not want to be saved. His view of Life must have some sort of spite. Then there are the ones who don't think they need to be saved. It seems to me they really wouldn't understand what Jesus did on the cross. Those who would refuse the Truth have nothing in them that recognizes Truth. It's not my call.

I think a simple "yes" would have been sufficient... We aren't talking about men judging, so there is no need to confuse the issues with bringing that up.
Since Jesus said, He is judging by the measure we use with others it is quite relevant. I do not know if he is refering to a judgment under the law or not. Such is still an insight into the criteria however. Of course you know all this already and I've said nothing new.

As always, may God keep you and yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder,....Why is it that most Christians limit God's ability to save beyond

This big ball we call earth,
Or to this old corruptable flesh.

Especially when you consider the fact that the flesh isn't being saved anyhow, and that flesh and blood can't enter the kingdom, that flesh profits nothing, etc. etc...

I personally believe that what Christ did on that Cross was so absolute, so Universal, so Complete, that there is always hope, for everyone, even those who died never having recieved Salvation here and now.

I believe that anyone brought into the presence of God would have to bow, in AWE of Him. Not because they were forced to and not out of Fear, but out of an absolute AWAKENING to His Love and Holiness.

The mystery of Iniquity does already work, and will continue to, until it has done all that it's suppose to do, According as God see's fit.

Blessings :study

I wonder,....Why is it that most Christians limit God's ability to save beyond

This big ball we call earth,
Or to this old corruptable flesh.

Especially when you consider the fact that the flesh isn't being saved anyhow, and that flesh and blood can't enter the kingdom, that flesh profits nothing, etc. etc...

I personally believe that what Christ did on that Cross was so absolute, so Universal, so Complete, that there is always hope, for everyone, even those who died never having recieved Salvation here and now.

I believe that anyone brought into the presence of God would have to bow, in AWE of Him. Not because they were forced to and not out of Fear, but out of an absolute AWAKENING to His Love and Holiness.

The mystery of Iniquity does already work, and will continue to, until it has done all that it's suppose to do, According as God see's fit.

Blessings :study

As soon as we die, it's to late to make a decision to "place our faith in Christ" The 'living" are the only one's that can, make that "crucial" decision to receive Christ as Lord and Savior... The "unsaved" will stand before the judgement seat of Christ and be "judged" according to their "works" and because their names are not written in the "Lambs Book of Life" they will be cast into the "lake of fire" That's according to the Bible in the last part of "Revelation." You have to be "born again" in order to have your sins forgiven, and a place for you in eternity with God...

As soon as we die, it's to late to make a decision to "place our faith in Christ" The 'living" are the only one's that can, make that "crucial" decision to receive Christ as Lord and Savior... The "unsaved" will stand before the judgement seat of Christ and be "judged" according to their "works" and because their names are not written in the "Lambs Book of Life" they will be cast into the "lake of fire" That's according to the Bible in the last part of "Revelation." You have to be "born again" in order to have your sins forgiven, and a place for you in eternity with God...

So ...you believe that all those billions of people who has been killed or died unexpectly through the years, even children, never have a chance?:shame2

So ...you believe that all those billions of people who has been killed or died unexpectly through the years, even children, never have a chance?:shame2

There is an "age of accountability" if a child dies "before" the "age of accountability" He automatically enters "eternal life" due to the fact they have not yet sinned." But, those people who choose not to receive Christ as their Savior (for whatever reason) will not enter "eternal life."

There is an "age of accountability" if a child dies "before" the "age of accountability" He automatically enters "eternal life" due to the fact they have not yet sinned." But, those people who choose not to receive Christ as their Savior (for whatever reason) will not enter "eternal life."

Sin is not something you do, Sin is a nature that according to Paul we are all born with.

Age of Accountability? Sounds like Jewish tradition, or Law.

I will leave you with this......
Isa 50:2 Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? Is my hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? or have I no power to deliver? behold, at my rebuke I dry up the sea, I make the rivers a wilderness: their fish stinketh, because there is no water, and dieth for thirst.
Isa 59:1 Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

Blessings

Both faith and good works are necessary to inherit eternal life.

The goats did not inherit eternal life. The sheep inherited eternal life because they did Jesus' Father's will. The sheep fed the hungry, clothed the naked, visited the imprisoned, etc. They produced good fruit/good works and their reward is eternal life.

The goats did not produce good fruit/good works and their reward is everlasting punishment in hell.

Matthew 7:12-28

Matthew 25:31-46

Back