Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Is It Anything About The Sabbath That We Must Know?

Not at all. But you assume what you think God is personally controlling. That is false with no basis in scripture. Means you don’t yourself check your thinking with scripture but assume it’s all good.
That is exactly what you are saying, and I'm not assuming anything, you are saying these things.

That is exactly what you are saying, and I'm not assuming anything, you are saying these things.
You said that you know what God allows you to know. That is an assumption that has no basis whatsoever in scripture. Jesus said we should seek, not the God controls what we seek.

The problem is this, I see that christians tend to think that whatever occurs in their thoughts is God. I have heard enough presentations where the speaker asked God to give them what to say and proceeded to think that whatever thoughts occurred to them, that was God without applying any knowledge of scripture or reason. The result was pure them, no God and they did not know the difference.

And that is the question. Do you know the difference between what the Holy Spirit speaks and what you think. If you think everything you think is God allowing you to know that, then the answer is no, you do not know the difference. This is very common.

You said that you know what God allows you to know. That is an assumption that has no basis whatsoever in scripture. Jesus said we should seek, not the God controls what we seek.

The problem is this, I see that christians tend to think that whatever occurs in their thoughts is God. I have heard enough presentations where the speaker asked God to give them what to say and proceeded to think that whatever thoughts occurred to them, that was God without applying any knowledge of scripture or reason. The result was pure them, no God and they did not know the difference.

And that is the question. Do you know the difference between what the Holy Spirit speaks and what you think. If you think everything you think is God allowing you to know that, then the answer is no, you do not know the difference. This is very common.
What are you referring to, and which thread?

Assuming what you know is God “allowing you” to know is NOT obeying Him as obeying Him is a choice to do something not knowing something. Not a single person in the Bible decided God was responsible for what they knew. Jesus laid the responsibility directly on us. So obeying Him means acknowledging this, that what you know is YOUR choice, not his.

James 4:11-12
11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.

12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

What are you referring to, and which thread?
Sir, my opinion is based on what God has allowed me understand, this is why my belief as I can see is different from yours, but I say this, why we can't love one another as Jesus said, not for my belief or yours, but for what He has said?
Now the expressed hope of loving one another despite differences is, of course, quite right and I applaud you as well as agree. It’s difficult here as we don’t exchange warm personal talk, drink coffee together, laughter or work on a project together. All we exchange is words.

That being said, you take the high ground when you claim your opinion is not based on normal human endeavors but no less than what God has “allowed” you to
understand. First, God doesn’t ever say He “allows” understanding. He does reward with understanding, however. So people’s understanding is based solely upon their own choices, in particular their seeking to understand or not. God responds and rewards.

If you think your opinion is because “God allows” it and that’s why it’s different than others, you’re placing your opinion above others. Why not say God, in that sense, allows everyone their opinion.

Now the expressed hope of loving one another despite differences is, of course, quite right and I applaud you as well as agree. It’s difficult here as we don’t exchange warm personal talk, drink coffee together, laughter or work on a project together. All we exchange is words.

That being said, you take the high ground when you claim your opinion is not based on normal human endeavors but no less than what God has “allowed” you to
understand. First, God doesn’t ever say He “allows” understanding. He does reward with understanding, however. So people’s understanding is based solely upon their own choices, in particular their seeking to understand or not. God responds and rewards.
Good morning Dorthy Mae,
  • God sees more than we can see. He knows more than we know. He works in ways beyond our comprehension. (Isaiah 55:8-11) And if we agree to follow Him only when we understand what He’s doing, we’ll always stop short of experiencing His inexplicable wonders.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever.

• A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever. Proverbs 9:10 Verse Concepts The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Love, Walter

Good morning Dorthy Mae,
  • God sees more than we can see. He knows more than we know. He works in ways beyond our comprehension. (Isaiah 55:8-11) And if we agree to follow Him only when we understand what He’s doing, we’ll always stop short of experiencing His inexplicable wonders.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments; His praise endures forever.

Love, Walter
You refuse to admit you wrote something if not believe something that is not what correct, right Walter? You just change the topic.

No one says we only obey when we understand. What I addressed is your insisting God allows you what you think (but not others so your opinion is superior in your view.)

Now I’m going to support your statement and tell you that I understand the ways of God after decades of doing His commands. So while I haven’t required understanding in as long as I can remember, I usually do understand why He asks obedience of me.

So I testify that what you wrote is true. Those who do his commands
have understanding. That is my experience.

Much love
Dorothy Mae

You refuse to admit you wrote something if not believe something that is not what correct, right Walter? You just change the topic.

No one says we only obey when we understand. What I addressed is your insisting God allows you what you think (but not others so your opinion is superior in your view.)

Now I’m going to support your statement and tell you that I understand the ways of God after decades of doing His commands. So while I haven’t required understanding in as long as I can remember, I usually do understand why He asks obedience of me.

So I testify that what you wrote is true. Those who do his commands
have understanding. That is my experience.

Much love
Dorothy Mae
We both do not have the same belief as I can see, but we must believe the way that Jesus has said.

Not at all. One day a week we rest and give time to our relationship with the Lord. When the Christians have a 7 day work week? We just don’t call it the “Sabbath” because we’re not Hebrews.
I'm sure you know that the 7th day was Saturday.
The first day of the week was Sunday.
Resurrection Day.

Now the 7th day is Sunday.
Monday is the first day of the week.

I never gave this too much importance.
It's just that we call it The Ten _Commandments.
Remember to keep holy the Sabbath...
Sabbato...
Saturday.

I won't belabor the point any further.

We both do not have the same belief as I can see, but we must believe the way that Jesus has said.
Then one or both of us are NOT believing the way that Jesus said. Jesus did NOT say God is allowing you to think as you do whereas others merely have opinions.

But we’ve obviously reached an impasse. You’ve refused to admit you think more highly of your opinion than others’ opinions. More than point this out, I cannot do.

I'm sure you know that the 7th day was Saturday.
The first day of the week was Sunday.
Resurrection Day.

Now the 7th day is Sunday.
Monday is the first day of the week.

I never gave this too much importance.
It's just that we call it The Ten _Commandments.
Remember to keep holy the Sabbath...
Sabbato...
Saturday.

I won't belabor the point any further.
Does that matter what the day is called?

Last edited:
One would have to define what Holy means in the contents of keeping it Holy in this particular sabbath. In the definition of holy it means dedicated or consecrated to God. I see it as a day set apart to not only honor God in all He created that was good and then on the seventh day He rested, but that we also need a day to rest from all our labor.

Mar 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
I understand it as you do.
Mark 2:27 does confirm this.

Do you think this is new?
I grew up worshipping on Sunday.
Truly, I never gave this too much thought.
As I stated just above, I do believe Mark 2:29 confirms that the Sabbath is for man and not the other way around.
So, we do need one day to devote to God.
I just find it bothersome that we call it the Ten Commandments and it does say to keep holy the Sabbath, which is Saturday.

I grew up worshipping on Sunday.
Truly, I never gave this too much thought.
As I stated just above, I do believe Mark 2:29 confirms that the Sabbath is for man and not the other way around.
So, we do need one day to devote to God.
I just find it bothersome that we call it the Ten Commandments and it does say to keep holy the Sabbath, which is Saturday.
It’s very easy for believers to focus on unimportant but religious matters neglecting the important ones. If a man keeps the Sabbath but neglects to love others, what good will keeping them Sabbath do him in the eyes of God. The pharisees did this sort of religious stuff.

Which day, I mean. Does it matter?
I agree with you.
I didn't understand what was not important...
Agreed about what you said about keeping a day, and then sinning in other ways.
I'd have to say that our "effort" not to sin is more important.
And to love others. And have regard for them.

Back