Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is it Really So Easy?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I really like this post. The one thing I add is that Romans 10:13-14, is that each of us are called to share the Gospel. My preacher in this case was an long time Baptist lady. She brought me the Gospel.

So Deborah, are you a preacher now?

Tell me about it.

Excuse me?
My response was to the post that I quoted. So that day that lady was used by God as a preacher to bring the Gospel to me.

I really like this post. The one thing I add is that Romans 10:13-14, is that each of us are called to share the Gospel. My preacher in this case was an long time Baptist lady. She brought me the Gospel.

So Deborah, are you a preacher now?

Tell me about it.

Excuse me?
My response was to the post that I quoted. So that day that lady was used by God as a preacher to bring the Gospel to me.

Sorry

I just thought I'd open a door for you to share if you wanted too

I bet you have something to say

So do you think that the moment that you say the sinners prayer that your name is written in the book of life? Just like that, instantly?

On earth before promotion to anything performance and knowledge is a prerequisite. A test, college, performance of duty in the Military, degrees are not just handed out for the asking. Privates are not made Generals from sheer desire. Dedication, good judgement, a structured evaluation and demonstration of abilities and knowledge is always required for anything. In the Military testing is not always required for promotion, sometimes just a demonstrated ability of leadership qualities can get one promoted.

What about salvation? Of course man does not have grace within himself like God does. It is a free gift, and yet, Paul Himself speaks in a slight tone which indicates that some performance is in order.

1 Corinthians 9:25-27

25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize./ (NIV)

2 Timothy 4:1-8

1 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing./ (NIV)

He's talking to Timothy, (His son?) and charges him with what he must do. He sort of implies that this is necessary. Perhaps, just perhaps, that merely saying the sinners prayer and being baptised is not enough to receive salvation. A free gift for sure, but faith without works is dead and does not not seem to be enough to establish an honest belief in our Lord. If we love the Lord, we will keep His commandments. Many churches do not give this message. They probably get a bigger offering by merely making people feel good, and not charging them with Christian duties. Feel good preachers. What do you think?

It is continual...always being steadfast...persevering...consistently...being in Him, walking daily...

Ephesians 3:7 the effectual working of the power by the Spirit
Ephesians 5:26 the washing of the water by the Word... that we be presenting unto Him blameless, with spot and blemish
Eph_3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Php_2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Blessings to ya...

~~~

It is continual...always being steadfast...persevering...consistently...being in Him, walking daily...

Ephesians 5:26 the washing of the water by the Word... that we be presenting unto Him blameless, without spot and blemish
Eph_3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Php_2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Blessings to ya...

You had a typo in there but I know what you meant so fixed it.
I am with you on this. I prayed about it and am at peace with it. It was revealed to me very much like you say. I still do not know at what point our names are actually written into the book of life, but it is really kind of moot to me at this point. I know that all we must do is to cling to our loving God, pick up our cross daily, and lay everything at his feet, whether big or small. He is in control and at the rudder of our lives and we simply humble ourselves and submit to His total influence upon our life.

If it only takes the faith as a grain of a mustard seed to mave a mountain, then how much faith does it take do small things for us? Almost nil I tell you. What a wonderfully merciful and gracious God that we have!

Ephesians 5:26 the washing of the water by the Word... that we be presenting unto Him blameless, without spot and blemish

Blessings to ya...

You had a typo in there but I know what you meant so fixed it.
I am with you on this. I prayed about it and am at peace with it. It was revealed to me very much like you say. I still do not know at what point our names are actually written into the book of life, but it is really kind of moot to me at this point. I know that all we must do is to cling to our loving God, pick up our cross daily, and lay everything at his feet, whether big or small. He is in control and at the rudder of our lives and we simply humble ourselves and submit to His total influence upon our life.

If it only takes the faith as a grain of a mustard seed to mave a mountain, then how much faith does it take do small things for us? Almost nil I tell you. What a wonderfully merciful and gracious God that we have!

Hi Edward :wave
I was wondering what the typo was ??:chin

Anyway...here is another verse...concerning--having to finish the race. It's not only believing but it needs to be a continual changed life daily, enduring til the end.

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister

(Oh...I think I know the typo you were talking about...the two verses... I was writing my own words but quoting the scripture verse. I didn't have the Bible next to me to copy paste properly....sorry about that)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ephesians 5:26 the washing of the water by the Word... that we be presenting unto Him blameless, with spot and blemish

You wrote with spot and blemish and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be without spot and blemish.

:lol Oh my!!

Yes indeed...I surely left out something, didn't I? That's not good...
We are to be without spot and blemish...

Thank you dear brother!!
Have a great day...
Blessings

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back