Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Jesus considered to be God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ManofGod

You know since I have heard some controversies concerning this statement. I believe that Jesus Christ God. Not just the Son of God but He is God that came in the flesh.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

As we continue to read on in that chapter we see that this scripture is talking about Jesus Christ..

What do you think?

ManofGod said:
You know since I have heard some controversies concerning this statement. I believe that Jesus Christ God. Not just the Son of God but He is God that came in the flesh.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

As we continue to read on in that chapter we see that this scripture is talking about Jesus Christ..

What do you think?
MofG,

The following two Scriptures have been a blessing to me in my later years as the Lord has given me to meditate upon Him. I began with John 1 and that was wonderful. It is still true in my heart and mind, even as the Lord has expanded the picture into understandings that appeared contradictory to my beginning emotions and thoughts.

1 Cor 8:6
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him. KJV

Eph 4:4-6
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.KJV

I grew up in that church fellowship that believed they needed to explain this witness of the Spirit of Jesus.

Joe

You see God is not a human, he is a supreme being, That means he has the ability to be 3 things at once and we cannot wrap our minds around it.

Jesus was with God in the beginning but is referred to as the word of God, perhaps a metaphor for his power or heart since God speaks things into existence. Jesus in the physical since is basically a clone of God ad rightfully called a son, since a son or daughter is a genetic clone of the two parents.

After Jesus went to heaven he existed with God in a different way. :study

ChevyRodeo said:
You see God is not a human, he is a supreme being, That means he has the ability to be 3 things at once and we cannot wrap our minds around it.

Jesus was with God in the beginning but is referred to as the word of God, perhaps a metaphor for his power or heart since God speaks things into existence. Jesus in the physical since is basically a clone of God ad rightfully called a son, since a son or daughter is a genetic clone of the two parents.

After Jesus went to heaven he existed with God in a different way. :study

Does God talk to Himself?

Chevy Rodeo..

There is a doctrine of the United Pentacostals that believe that Jesus is the whole ball of wax.. meaning that He is the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit (this is false according to the Word of God). Jesus is the God-man.. 100 percent man and 100 percent God.. He is God in the Flesh.. That is the only way the we could have received atonement for our sins. That is why He is also called the Lamb of God. The Doctrine of the Trinity is very basic but yet complex. Complex in that these things cannot be understood with the natural mind, they must be interpreted by the mind of the Spirit. You must know that the Word shows the Trinity in action when Jesus was baptized by John.. The Bible says the heavens opened and the Spirit descended as a dove upon the Lord Jesus Christ,,, Then a voice spoke from heaven and said "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased.." This scripture in itself shows the action and the unity of the Trinity.

A question to consider. All through scripture we are admonished to be like Christ. If Christ is God then that can never be. This would in effect invalidate the plan of God.
seondly comes the question -- Can God become a man?
Can God stop being God or stop existing? God is infinite. The morality of God does not change. His character does not change. Attributes of that character are holiness, truthfulness, love, mercy, and justice. The nature of God is infinite, meaning no end. God is the only being in the universe that is absolute in His character. He is the ultimate of perfection. God cannot cease to exist. He is self sustaining in His existence. God is eternal and cannot die.

God is not free to act contrary to His character. His commands and actions are grounded in what is ultimately and eventually good and righteous. Because we cannot know or see everything it may appear at times that God breaks this attribute but it always turns out to be for the good.

God cannot sin or be tempted to sin. Holiness is an absolute in God’s nature and cannot change. Jesus was tempted even as we are tempted.

God is not arbitrary. Everything that God does has purpose. God’s creation (including man) has a purpose. Men may fail to find their purpose, but that does not mean they were created without one. In the same way God’s plans have purpose and function as God designed them. The purpose or “Fruit†of God’s creation is the perfecting of His children into beings with which He can have fellowship. Children who have all of God’s character possible within a human being. All of God’s plans center around this single goal. If we are following a plan that does not produce this kind of fruit, it is not the fault of God’s plan it is that we are following a plan other then God’s.
What purpose does it serve to send a God to be our example. How can we ever become like a God.

Yahoshea said:
A question to consider. All through scripture we are admonished to be like Christ. If Christ is God then that can never be. This would in effect invalidate the plan of God.
Can God stop being God or stop existing? God is infinite. The morality of God does not change. His character does not change. Attributes of that character are holiness, truthfulness, love, mercy, and justice. The nature of God is infinite, meaning no end. God is the only being in the universe that is absolute in His character. He is the ultimate of perfection. God cannot cease to exist. He is self sustaining in His existence. God is eternal and cannot die.

God is not free to act contrary to His character. His commands and actions are grounded in what is ultimately and eventually good and righteous. Because we cannot know or see everything it may appear at times that God breaks this attribute but it always turns out to be for the good.

God cannot sin or be tempted to sin. Holiness is an absolute in God’s nature and cannot change. Jesus was tempted even as we are tempted.

God is not arbitrary. Everything that God does has purpose. God’s creation (including man) has a purpose. Men may fail to find their purpose, but that does not mean they were created without one. In the same way God’s plans have purpose and function as God designed them. The purpose or “Fruit†of God’s creation is the perfecting of His children into beings with which He can have fellowship. Children who have all of God’s character possible within a human being. All of God’s plans center around this single goal. If we are following a plan that does not produce this kind of fruit, it is not the fault of God’s plan it is that we are following a plan other then God’s.
What purpose does it serve to send a God to be our example. How can we ever become like a God.

The spirit of God and the will of God and the Power of God residing in a physical man. The body is just a host. Just like we have spirits, Jesus had the spirit and essence of God living in him, thus making Him God.

God can send his spirit to multiple hosts, Such as receiving the spirit. This how ever does not make US God because we have out own spirit, The spirit of God simply over comes us with our own spirit. This is as close as we can be to God and its a beautiful act some are able to achieve, I'd imaging its like making love x 10000

ManofGod said:

What do you think?

Contrary to what many believe, the God of the Old Testament is not the one most have come to know as God the Father. The God of the OT is in fact, Jesus Christ. But how many scriptures does it take to prove this fact? Let’s read the following scripture from the OT.

Zech.12
[10] And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

So we have the God of the OT speaking about a future time when He will be "pierced", mourned for as an "only son" and shall be in bitterness as for his "firstborn"

Convinced yet? Probably not. Well let's do as we are told by the holy scriptures;

“Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.†John 5:39
“Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.†1Thes.5:21
“…make full proof of thy ministry.†2 Tim.4:5
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:†2 Tim.3:16

So who was it that spoke those things in Zech? Let's find out. Let's see if all that God said would happen to Him actually did.

John.19
[34] But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.
[37] And again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they pierced. (Sounds familiar?)

Rev.1
[7] Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

So it was Jesus Christ that was "pierced". Let's read more;

John.1
[14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John.3
[16] For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

It was Jesus Christ that was called the, "only begotten Son". Here is more;

Col.1
[15] Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Rom.8
[29] For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

And finally, it was Jesus Christ that was called the "firstborn".

Now the God of the OT said ALL of these things would happen to HIM. And as we just read, each and everything He said would happen did. Now who did ALL of these things happen to? Jesus Christ!

Now if what you read above is not enough, here is more proof that Jesus Christ is the ONLY God man has ever known, and He IS the God of the Old Testament.

Just how many times must we read it? Let's find out and read a few verses for ourselves;

John.1
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The "him" here is Jesus Christ. Without Him was not anything made that was made. So that means the one that said, “Let there be lightâ€, was in fact Jesus. That's ONE.

Col.1
[16] For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
[17] And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Again, the "him" here is Jesus Christ. ALL things were created by him. So who was it that made man? The same one that DIED for man; Jesus Christ. That's TWO!

Hebrews (1:1) God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
(2) Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds.

So it was "his Son" that made the worlds. That's THREE!

Ephesians (3:9) And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

So ALL things were created by Jesus Christ. That's FOUR!

Pss.110
[1] The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Mark.12
[36] For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Luke 20
[41] And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?
[44] David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

David's Lord is now sitting on the right hand of THE Lord. And who did David call Lord? The one that is also called David’s son…Jesus Christ! That's FIVE

1Cor.10
[1] Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
[2] And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
[3] And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
[4] And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

So the same God that followed the nation of Israel in the wilderness, helped them pass through the Red Sea, taught and fed them was Christ. That’s SIX!

Eph.3
[9] And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

What may have been a mystery is again cleared up by Paul. ALL things were created by Jesus Christ. That’s SEVEN!

Let’s go back to Exodus (OT) and examine a conversation Moses was having with God.
Here Moses is asking that the Lord take his name out of the Book of Life.

Exd. 32
[31] And Moses returned unto the Lord, and said, Oh, this people have sinned a great sin, and have made them gods of gold.
[32] Yet now, if thou wilt forgive their sin-; and if not, blot me, I pray thee, out of
thy book which thou has written.
[33] And the Lord said unto Moses, Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will
I blot out of my book.

Now let’s go to the (NT) in the book of Revelation and see who will be blotting names out of the Book of Life.

Rev. 3
[5] He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white rainment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels

So it was Jesus Christ that Moses spoke to in the Old Testament and asked to blot his name out of the book of life. That’s EIGHT!

In this next passage of the (OT), Abraham is asking the Lord to spare the city of Sodom.

Gen.18
[24] Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?

[25] That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Now let’s find out who it is that will judge “…all the earth…“, and who gave him the authority. Let us go to St. John (NT) and read what Jesus has to say on the matter.

St. John 5
[22] For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgement unto the Son;
[26] For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given unto the Son to have life in himself.
[27] And hath given him authority to execute judgement also, because he is the Son of man.

So it will NOT be the Father that judges the earth. It will be His Son, Jesus Christ. Again, it was Jesus Christ that Abraham spoke to in the OT. That’s NINE!

Phil 2:5-8.
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

We see that the one that is known as the Father is EQUAL to the one known as the Son. Now we see how they are truly ONE. That's TEN!

Just how many times must we read that Jesus Christ is truly the God of the Old Testament? Examples such as these can be found throughout the entire bible, you only have to search. This is just (10) of MANY!

Now we know NO MAN has EVER heard God the Father at anytime, because Jesus said so;

John.5
[37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

But SOMEONE had to say, "Let there be Light"! Let's find that someone;

John.1
[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
[3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

So when we read that Jesus was the "Word" and the “Word†was God, He literally was the God that spoke the "Words" that brought everything into existence.

Now I’m sure some reading this are saying, “Surly at some time man has come into contact with God the Father.†Well, according to the words spoken by Jesus Christ Himself…NO! Let’s read, again, what our High Priest has to say about it;

St. John 5
[37] And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

St. John 6
[46] Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

So, along with all of the verses we just read above, we have the words of Jesus Christ telling us no man has EVER heard the voice of the Father, nor seen His shape at ANYTIME!!

Now will there ever be a time when man will come into contact with God the Father? Of course there will. Let’s read when that time will be;

Rev.21
[1] And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
[2] And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
[3] And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

God the Father will not have any contact with us until ALL is complete and ALL are spirit beings like Himself. Which is why the scriptures says;

1Cor.15
[50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God,

Until that time, the ONLY God man will ever know is Jesus Chrit.

Jesus Christ truly is, “… the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.†Heb.13:8

ChevyRodeo said:
Yahoshea said:

The spirit of God and the will of God and the Power of God residing in a physical man. The body is just a host. Just like we have spirits, Jesus had the spirit and essence of God living in him, thus making Him God.

God can send his spirit to multiple hosts, Such as receiving the spirit. This how ever does not make US God because we have out own spirit, The spirit of God simply over comes us with our own spirit. This is as close as we can be to God and its a beautiful act some are able to achieve, I'd imaging its like making love x 10000

Your ascertion is based on the false concept that Christ did not have his own spirit.

John 19:30?Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, " It is finished!" And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

Matthew 27:50?And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.

Luke 23:46?And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, "Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT." Having said this, He breathed His last.

Jesus clearly states that he has his own spirit

The problem with your post is that it speaks of traditions that have nothing to do with real christianity. I do not worship a symbol or adore it. I do not believe that a God died on the cross. None of your other ascertations have any more potency then these I have mentioned.

Yahoshea said:
The problem with your post is that it speaks of traditions that have nothing to do with real christianity. I do not worship a symbol or adore it. I do not believe that a God died on the cross. None of your other ascertations have any more potency then these I have mentioned.

Yahoshea, God did die on the cross in the form of His Son, Jesus Christ. Theology can not be explained in a single posts. However, if a person is saved this is what Christianity is based on . The death, burial, resurrection and ascension of Christ. All Christians must have this general knowledge to be saved. These fundamental truths are not really up for debate. Jesus is the God-man 100percent man and 100 percent God. Just like the Trinity, this truth cannot be picked apart by the intellect, but must be understood by the spirit. Jesus existed BEFORE He came to this earth along with the H.S. and the Father.

ManofGod said:
Yahoshea, God did die on the cross in the form of His Son, Jesus Christ. Theology can not be explained in a single posts. However, if a person is saved this is what Christianity is based on . The death, burial, resurrection and ascension of Christ. All Christians must have this general knowledge to be saved. These fundamental truths are not really up for debate. Jesus is the God-man 100percent man and 100 percent God. Just like the Trinity, this truth cannot be picked apart by the intellect, but must be understood by the spirit. Jesus existed BEFORE He came to this earth along with the H.S. and the Father.

Thank you for quoting the party line.

There is one line of argument for the divinity of Jesus that is not often brought forward but which I think is of significant value. A certain theme is deeply woven into the Old Testament: the promised return of YHWH to Zion after their time of exile.

I submit that a very strong case can be made that Jesus' life, and in particular His final journey to Jersusalem and his temple actions and actions in the upper room (the Last Supper) constitute the fulfillment of the promised return of YHWH to Zion.

As such, Jesus is effectively saying: "It is through my life and actions that YHWH is returning to His people." I think this is a strong argument that, in the appropriate Jewish sense, Jesus is, in fact, divine.

Drew said:
There is one line of argument for the divinity of Jesus that is not often brought forward but which I think is of significant value. A certain theme is deeply woven into the Old Testament: the promised return of YHWH to Zion after their time of exile.

I submit that a very strong case can be made that Jesus' life, and in particular His final journey to Jersusalem and his temple actions and actions in the upper room (the Last Supper) constitute the fulfillment of the promised return of YHWH to Zion.

As such, Jesus is effectively saying: "It is through my life and actions that YHWH is returning to His people." I think this is a strong argument that, in the appropriate Jewish sense, Jesus is, in fact, divine.

I can agree with you in the sense that YHWH will return to the temple in the human Christ. God in Christ is the plan of God. The same plan that exists for all of us.

Yahoshea said:
I can agree with you in the sense that YHWH will return to the temple in the human Christ. God in Christ is the plan of God. The same plan that exists for all of us.
I think that a case can be made that Jesus' life is constitutive of YHWH's return to Zion. That would mean that Jesus sees Himself as the very embodiment of Israel's God. Perhaps I will in the details later.

Drew said:
Yahoshea said:
I think that a case can be made that Jesus' life is constitutive of YHWH's return to Zion. That would mean that Jesus sees Himself as the very embodiment of Israel's God. Perhaps I will in the details later.

Jesus knew that God dwelled in him. That does not make him a God. God also dwells in us and we have not become Gods.
Jesus was the fullest representation of God possible in a human being. This is why he was the perfect example for us and the perfect sacrifice.

Yahoshea said:
Jesus knew that God dwelled in him. That does not make him a God. God also dwells in us and we have not become Gods.
Jesus was the fullest representation of God possible in a human being. This is why he was the perfect example for us and the perfect sacrifice.
Let's suppose we asked Jesus this question: "Teacher, we know that the Old Testament promises that YHWH Himself will personally return to Zion. What is your relation to that promise, if any".

Now suppose that Jesus replies "My life work is the fulfillment of that promise".

What is Jesus saying? He is saying that He is the embodiment of Israel's God, not that He somehow "represents" God. If He only represented God, He would have answered the question differently.

Now we all know that Jesus was never asked this question. But to the extent that it can be otherwise be shown that Jesus saw Himself as fulfilling the promised return of YHWH to Zion, we are driven to the conclusion that Jesus understood Himself to be the embodiment of YHWH. Hopefully, I will be able to provide the relevant details later.

Drew said:
Yahoshea said:
Let's suppose we asked Jesus this question: "Teacher, we know that the Old Testament promises that YHWH Himself will personally return to Zion. What is your relation to that promise, if any".

Now suppose that Jesus replies "My life work is the fulfillment of that promise".

What is Jesus saying? He is saying that He is the embodiment of Israel's God, not that He somehow "represents" God. If He only represented God, He would have answered the question differently.

Now we all know that Jesus was never asked this question. But to the extent that it can be otherwise be shown that Jesus saw Himself as fulfilling the promised return of YHWH to Zion, we are driven to the conclusion that Jesus understood Himself to be the embodiment of YHWH. Hopefully, I will be able to provide the relevant details later.

As you said Christ was not asked that question so your post is supposition at best and total speculation at worst. I prefer to believe a proper interpretation of scripture and a conclusion that works within the plan of God and his nature and character.

ManofGod said:

What do you think?

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus is God (cf. John 8:58, 10:38, 14:10; Col. 2:9). And yes, Jesus DID say he was God. In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59). In John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!")

Philippians 2:6 says that Jesus "who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped" (New International Version). So Jesus chose to be born in humble, human form though he could have simply remained in equal glory with the Father for he was "in very nature God."

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus (Rev. 1:17). This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13).

This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

But did the early Christians believe this? YES! Here are some quotes:

Ignatius of Antioch: "Ignatius, also called Theophorus, to the Church at Ephesus in Asia . . . predestined from eternity for a glory that is lasting and unchanging, united and chosen through true suffering by the will of the Father in Jesus Christ our God" (Letter to the Ephesians 1 [A.D. 110]).

Aristides: "[Christians] are they who, above every people of the earth, have found the truth, for they acknowledge God, the Creator and maker of all things, in the only-begotten Son and in the Holy Spirit" (Apology 16 [A.D. 140]).

Clement of Alexandria: "The Word, then, the Christ, is the cause both of our ancient beginning—for he was in God—and of our well-being. And now this same Word has appeared as man. He alone is both God and man, and the source of all our good things" (Exhortation to the Greeks 1:7:1 [A.D. 190]).

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back