Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Jesus Soon To Rapture The Church?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jacob62

Or some select segment of Believers?

In addition to the standard model of Christ rapturing His Church Bride, various predictions of a phased or multiple catching away of God's People are offered through detailed inspection and exegesis of prophetic Scripture. This can be accomplished by the text of Scripture being now available for digital search for selected end of times phrases, such as given by John the Revelator, as they amazingly are spoken throughout the OT Prophets.

For instance, The Sixth Seal of Rev. ch. 6 is clearly given by Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Hosea, Micah, and elsewhere. This means more details of the event and of it's timing relationship to other prophesied events can be put together. A larger picture emerges.

At the other end of the eschatological doctrine spectrum is the camp which either analogizes or ignores the literal details of end times prophecy. These are the Reformists, Calvinists, and proponents of Covenant Theology, even as they are dedicated to worshipping the very text of Scripture within their exegetic workings.

As those redeemed in Christ, how significant are our gut feelings upon the Rapture? After all, "Belief" always comes down to a subjective decision. Will a personal belief in Rapture Doctrine, and confession of it, be required for attaining it?

Or some select segment of Believers?

In addition to the standard model of Christ rapturing His Church Bride, various predictions of a phased or multiple catching away of God's People are offered through detailed inspection and exegesis of prophetic Scripture. This can be accomplished by the text of Scripture being now available for digital search for selected end of times phrases, such as given by John the Revelator, as they amazingly are spoken throughout the OT Prophets.

For instance, The Sixth Seal of Rev. ch. 6 is clearly given by Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Hosea, Micah, and elsewhere. This means more details of the event and of it's timing relationship to other prophesied events can be put together. A larger picture emerges.

At the other end of the eschatological doctrine spectrum is the camp which either analogizes or ignores the literal details of end times prophecy. These are the Reformists, Calvinists, and proponents of Covenant Theology, even as they are dedicated to worshipping the very text of Scripture within their exegetic workings.

As those redeemed in Christ, how significant are our gut feelings upon the Rapture? After all, "Belief" always comes down to a subjective decision. Will a personal belief in Rapture Doctrine, and confession of it, be required for attaining it?
The latest scare tactic I've seen used by pre-tribbers to keep their followers in line and recruit new followers is ...."believe what we teach or you'll be left behind".

The latest scare tactic I've seen used by pre-tribbers to keep their followers in line and recruit new followers is ...."believe what we teach or you'll be left behind".

For those who don't hold to the Rapture, do you know the exact time of the Second Coming of Christ? Could it occur at any time? If you do know it, let me know.

But, if you don't, then how is the Second Coming of Christ any different than the Rapture as a supposed 'scare tactic'?

Quantrill

For those who don't hold to the Rapture, do you know the exact time of the Second Coming of Christ? Could it occur at any time? If you do know it, let me know.

But, if you don't, then how is the Second Coming of Christ any different than the Rapture as a supposed 'scare tactic'?

Quantrill
It would be honorable and obedient to The Lord to ask about the exact time of the catching away by Jesus only after reviewing and agreeing with Scripture which states no man knows the day or hour. Does this wonderfully make sense?

Only foolish people do not fear the Lord and His judgements. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Praise God this is very straight forward and easy to learn.

Quantrill
Post-tribbers believe in the rapture, just not when pre-tribbers say.

It would be honorable and obedient to The Lord to ask about the exact time of the catching away by Jesus only after reviewing and agreeing with Scripture which states no man knows the day or hour. Does this wonderfully make sense?

Only foolish people do not fear the Lord and His judgements. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Praise God this is very straight forward and easy to learn.
I used to be pre-trib. I was raised in it. I had 2 inch thick books that tried to explain it. One day I read only what Jesus Himself had to say about it. It was the most straight forward explanation I had ever seen. I became a closet post-tribber as I dared not incur the wrath of all the pre-tribber spiritual bullies in our church and in my own family. I eventually found other post-tribbers on other forums and then here on this forum and I've seen the tide slowly turn where more and more are waking up and turning away from the "feel good" teaching of pre-trib.

...Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Mark 2:17

Jesus answered, How can the guests of the bridegroom fast while he is with them? They cannot, so long as they have him with them. Mark 2:19

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

The Gospel is a form of enzyme to humanity to keep the world in shape. It is an heavenly politics to sustain the world from destruction. Jesus will only decide to come when there is great tribulation on his children on Earth.

So long his children are doing fine, enjoying themselves he will continue to answer their prayers from the Kingdom.

But once every Christian on Earth is shouting as written in Matthew 24:9
"Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me."

Once Christians are not safe in all nations of the earth anymore. Then the master will come.

At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, Matthew 24:10

A comfortable man will not need the second coming of Christ for now. Until everyone becomes unsafe and uncomfortable, then you will need Jesus return.

Many false prophets will come and cause many people to believe false things.

There will be more and more evil in the world. So most people will stop showing their love for each other.

But the person who continues to be strong until the end will be saved.

The Good News about God’s kingdom will be preached in all the world, to every nation. Then the end will come.

Matthew 24:11-14

That is all well and good but you avoided my question and intent of my post. Why enter into a post addressed to another if you don't want to answer the question?

Quantrill

Post-tribbers believe in the rapture, just not when pre-tribbers say.

My point was how is the supposed 'scare tactic' of the Rapture any different than the 'scare tactic' of the Second Coming?

Both will be at a time not known.

In other words, if the Rapture is a 'scare tactic', then so is the Second Coming of Christ. Correct?

Quantrill

I used to be pre-trib. I was raised in it. I had 2 inch thick books that tried to explain it. One day I read only what Jesus Himself had to say about it. It was the most straight forward explanation I had ever seen. I became a closet post-tribber as I dared not incur the wrath of all the pre-tribber spiritual bullies in our church and in my own family. I eventually found other post-tribbers on other forums and then here on this forum and I've seen the tide slowly turn where more and more are waking up and turning away from the "feel good" teaching of pre-trib.

Really? What did Jesus say about it?

Quantrill

Really? What did Jesus say about it?

Quantrill
Matthew 24:27 = no hidden return
Matthew 24:28 = post-trib
Mark 13:24 = post-trib
Mark 13:26 = no hidden return
Mark 13:27 = post-trib rapture
Luke 21:27 = no hidden return
John 6:40 = dead raised on last day
John 6:44 = dead raised on last day
John 6:54 = dead raised on last day

The Words of Jesus. Straight forward and simple.

Matthew 24:27 = no hidden return
Matthew 24:28 = post-trib
Mark 13:24 = post-trib
Mark 13:26 = no hidden return
Mark 13:27 = post-trib rapture
Luke 21:27 = no hidden return
John 6:40 = dead raised on last day
John 6:44 = dead raised on last day
John 6:54 = dead raised on last day

The Words of Jesus. Straight forward and simple.

(Matt. 24:27) I agree concerning the 2nd coming of Christ to the earth. But I understand the Rapture to be a separate event.

(Matt. 24:28-30) I agree that Christ returns to earth after the Tribulation. But I understand the Rapture to be a separate event.

(Mark 13:24-27) Same as above.

(Luke 21:27) Same as above

(John 6:39,44,54) The last day speaks to the last day of the Church. The last day of the Church on earth is the Rapture event.

Quantrill

1 Thessalonians 4:15 &
1 Thessalonians 4:16 &
1 Thessalonians 4:17 clearly state the rapture will NOT precede the raising of the dead.
and so
John 6:40 &
John 6:44 &
John 6:54 The Lord is stating all this is happening on the last day.
Very few verses are needed to reveal the truth of post-trib. It is the simplest most correct sequence of end time events.

Back