Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

is marriage dead?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
if I went into my lessons from inner healing this thread would be several derailed but some would be edified. I know that im not alone. I KNOW, im not alone with this battle. one here has called me and we shared our battles.

we discussed strong holds Wednesday and generational curses.

Don't weaken Jason, many us are praying for you. :salute I do salute you. It's not easy confronting ourselves.

I will say that it really doesn't matter how it is defined in German or in English. What matters is the definition of the word as it was used by the authors in THEIR writings and language.
Here is the Greek.
epithumeō
From G1909 and G2372; to set the heart upon, that is, long for (rightfully or otherwise): - covet, desire, would fain, lust (after).

So to me this word just means what it says. What is wrong is to "set our heart on" something or someone that we shouldn't. But to "set our heart upon" something good, would not be wrong.

Hey, Claudya. I directed this post to you because you brought up the meaning in German and I didn't think you would take it like I was some how disagreeing with you. :)
we do that with the word curse and sometimes evil. I do believe that man does choose to do evil but looking it from the lessons I have seen in inner healing and jewish thought. sin is more of broken nature then evil in that we are made that way. thus I see clearly how god choose to save us and died willingly on the cross.

Don't weaken Jason, many us are praying for you. :salute I do salute you. It's not easy confronting ourselves.
not weaken, regret that I didn't know what I was doing and how many strongholds I have and generational curses. the member knows who he is.

funny since the car wreck and well sad days from that with argument I have found comfort in Christ via these old songs I listened while praying to be healed from my hurts in the past and struggles. this song is from that era. the times I listened to this while traveling to pafb is brought back to memory

we do that with the word curse and sometimes evil. I do believe that man does choose to do evil but looking it from the lessons I have seen in inner healing and jewish thought. sin is more of broken nature then evil in that we are made that way. thus I see clearly how god choose to save us and died willingly on the cross.

Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

Many of us are bruised reeds and yes He understands and He provided the victory for us.

I'm not trying to sound alarmist or anything, but it seems like marriage is optional and staying married is, too. We've become what my sociology class called a "stable, high divorce rate society." Whereas divorce was once stigmatized, its now a normal part of the life course for people in the US and other parts of the world. Also, the push towards gay marriage, particularly in the US, makes me wonder if marriage (as a contract and an institution) has become void of meaning.

Then again, I'm not married. Nor have I ever been married. I'm blessed because my parents took and continue to take marriage seriously as a personal commitment, a commitment to society, and a commitment to God.

Anyway, just up early, buzzed on gas station Frappuccinos, and thinking out loud, lol.

TIME FOR (where's that coffee cup icon now ???) ......

yes, marriage is dead. (in the world, along with everything else) . oh, people are still marrying and giving in marriage, partying and shopping, just as
shhhhhhh (quiet now.)
just as in the days of noah. (and they all died, except 8 who were saved on the ark).

so to, the last days, now, today, we live in. not just is the world berserk, but 'believers' who call out 'lord, lord' and he says 'why do you call me "lord" and don't do what i say ----- and they just look from behind glassy eyes as if they didn't (and they didn't) even hear him.

so let every true believer abiding in Yeshua take heart, have courage, and stand steadfast in the Lord Jesus until He returns. don't give in to the worldly and ungodly influences in the church or in the neighborhood (very common 'giving in' - mentioned here a lot, as if it's okay).

be uncompromising by faith in the grace given by God in the Messiah Christ Jesus Lord and Savior.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back