Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Eternal Law of God a CURSE as Paul called it in Galatians 3:13?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Rajesh Sahu

2024 Supporter
I wish to know HOW can the eternal Law of God be a CURSE as Paul called it in Galatians 3:13, and Churches accepted and have taught that for the last 500 years at least

In Galatians 3:13 Paul says "Christ redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW by becoming a curse for us, for it is written Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

It is very clear the 13th Apostle is calling the God written Law ( Deuteronomy 9:10) a CURSE.
It's a rather shocking allegation, especially since David calls the LAW of God pure, perfect, holy , eternal, forever and ever, more valuable than gold, and sweeter than honey, in Psalm 19: 7-11, Psalm 111:7-8 Psalm 119:151-152
And in Psalm 1:1-3 David calls God's Law Tree of Life

1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,

2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.

3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
( Psalms 1:1-3)

This begs the question, WHO is not being truthful , Paul or David?

I invite the views and thoughts ( backed with non Pauline scripture) on this extremely serious charge/ accusation of Paul that the Law of God is a CURSE...

I request responders to be respectful as I have also posted with respect. Thank you in advance 🙏

I wish to know HOW can the eternal Law of God be a CURSE as Paul called it in Galatians 3:13, and Churches accepted and have taught that for the last 500 years at least

It would be helpful if you used actual scripture to make your point, rather than stating your opinion and tagging your opinion with a scripture reference.

For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for “the just shall live by faith.” Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. Galatians 3:10-14

First of all, the Apostle Paul did not say the law of Moses was a curse.

He quoted the law of Moses, and the curse that was upon those who did not continue to do all things written in the book of the law.

• “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

Cursed is the one who does not confirm all the words of this law by observing them.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ ”
Deuteronomy 27:26

So once again, you misrepresent the Apostle Paul, and what he wrote to the Church, because you simple have listened to the wrong people and have become deceived by them.

JLB

What does this mean JLB "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us"
Now be specific and don't quote hundred verses

In Galatians 3:13 Paul says "Christ redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW by becoming a curse for us, for it is written Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

It is very clear the 13th Apostle is calling the God written Law ( Deuteronomy 9:10) a CURSE.

Again, the Apostle Paul did not say the law of Moses was a curse.

Paul demonstrated that the law pronounced a curse upon those who did not continue to observe all that was in the book of the law to do it.

He quoted the law of Moses, and the curse that was upon those who did not continue to do all things written in the book of the law.

• “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.”

Cursed is the one who does not confirm all the words of this law by observing them.’ “And all the people shall say, ‘Amen!’ ”

Do you observe all the law of Moses?

Do you sacrifice animals for your sins?

Do you observe the Sabbath requirements of the law of Moses?

Do you return to Jerusalem each year at the appointed times?

JLB

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us"

Those (Jews) who are in Christ are no longer cursed for not doing all what the law of Moses requires.

That applies to those Jews living in the land of Israel.

Gentiles living in America were never under the law of Moses?

You we’re never under the law of Moses.

Do you believe a person must become physically circumcised and keep the law of Moses to be saved?

JLB

Galatians 3:13​

Messiah hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Romans 6:23​

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through YESHUA Mashiach our Adonai.

Romans 8;2​

For the law of the Spirit of life in Messiah YESHUA hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The curse of the law is death, because no one except YESHUA ever kept it perfectly.

The Law is Good, but it magnifies our sin, that we might know we need a Savior, that's how It's our School master to bring us to YESHUA

YESHUA hath redeemed us from the law of sin and death.

For Those that believe the Law of Righteousness is the curse. Romans 9:31

Then why did Paul delight in the Law of God after the Inward, Born again man Romans 7:22

Last edited:

Paul demonstrated that the law pronounced a curse upon those who did not continue to observe all that was in the book of the law to do it.

Do you observe all the law of Moses?

Do you sacrifice animals for your sins?

Do you observe the Sabbath requirements of the law of Moses?

Do you return to Jerusalem each year at the appointed times?

JLB
Indeed you are a stout defender of Paul JLB :) and get extremely slighted when I cite contentious verses, BUT thousands of Churches including EVERYONE of the ones I have been to past 17 years teach ( relying on Galationas 3:13) that the LAW of GOD written by His finger WAS a CURSE ( since they consider it dead and obsolete)
Lets for example consider what gotquestions.org one of the most prominent respected and robust defenders of the Christian Faith writes about Law being a curse
I quote them "As opposed to the blessing, which is grace, the Law is a curse upon all mankind, none of whom can possibly fulfill its requirements. While the Law itself is perfect and holy, those who try to justify themselves before its holy Author bring not His blessing, but His curse upon themselves"
Now this ( the above) is precisely what thousands of Churches have taught through 500 years.
So do you AGREE that gotquestions.org got it WRONG ( along with 100s of other churches, including mine) when they say the Law is a curse upon all mankind ?

Yes or No JLB, don't quote 100 scriptures please! /\

Messiah hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through YESHUA Mashiach our Adonai.

Romans 8;2​

For the law of the Spirit of life in Messiah YESHUA hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

The curse of the law is death, because no one except YESHUA ever kept it perfectly.

The Law is Good, but it magnifies our sin, that we might know we need a Savior, that's how It's our School master to bring us to YESHUA

Then why did Paul delight in the Law of God after the Inward, Born again man Romans 7:22

All Paul scripture brother? Any non-Paul scripture suggesting that Law is a Curse?
After all there are other writers in Bible apart from this 13th Apostle

All Paul scripture brother? Any non-Paul scripture suggesting that Law is a Curse?
After all there are other writers in Bible apart from this 13th Apostle
You've been answered, YESHUA redeemed us from the law of sin and death, that's the curse of the law, the wages of sin is death.

No prophecy of scripture is of any private interpretation, you just can't pull one verse out of context, pour whatever meaning you want into it.

There's those that say the law itself is the curse, they're in for a rude awakening.
And
There's those that say Paul is a false apostle, they're in for a rude awakening.

Both categories can be summed up as unlearned and unstable, tossed about like ships without rudders, no direction.

We're done

You've been answered, YESHUA redeemed us from the law of sin and death, that's the curse of the law, the wages of sin is death.

No prophecy of scripture is of any private interpretation, you just can't pull one verse out of context, pour whatever meaning you want into it.

There's those that say the law itself is the curse, they're in for a rude awakening.
And
There's those that say Paul is a false apostle, they're in for a rude awakening.

Both categories can be summed up as unlearned and unstable, tossed about like ships without rudders, no direction.

We're done
You just quote yourself brother. can we have some non-Paul scripture?
To make it easy for you, you will fond NONE--- zilch, zip, nada--- that call God's Law a Curse or Abolished ( Ephesians 2 :15) except those of Paul
That being said Sahu has not come here to pick holes in the teachings of Saul , BUT also to point at WHAT Jesus taught would enable a follower/ Christain OBEY the ENTIRE Law and the teachings of the Prophets ( including Himself) . And it is NOT by Crucifying the Eternal Law of God as Paul accused Jesus of crucifying His Father's Law on the Cross where He was crucified ( Colossians 2:14) , and NEITHER is anyone saved by " GRACE" as Paul taught. Jesus never ever uttered the Word 'Grace' in His entire ministry before or after the crucifixion
I will wait for a day or so, and then share with brothers and sisters here WHAT Christ said about the Law and HOW it can be fulfilled in its ENTIRETY. And it is NOT obeying one after the other every commandment, for that would be very, very difficult, if not impossible.
Unfortunately we the Churches have 'diligently' ignored the Messiah taught WAY (and he REPEATEDLY taught it!).... If we had heeded and obeyed what Christ taught as the solution to obeying the entire Law, things would have not come to this.
Just bear 24 hours or so. Many thanks /\

Indeed you are a stout defender of Paul JLB :) and get extremely slighted when I cite contentious verses,

You haven’t cited a contentious verse, that’s just it.

You only cited your opinion, which we all see is not based in scripture.

JLB

John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

John contrasts the OT period and the NT era. The law that was given through Moses was not a display of grace. It commanded men to obey and condemned them to death if they failed to do so. It told men what was right but did not give them the power to do it. It was given to show men that they were sinners, but it could not save them from their sins.

But grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. He did not come to judge the world but to save those who were unworthy, who could not save themselves, and who were His enemies. That is grace—heaven's Best for earth's worst.

Luke 16:16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

The law and the prophets were until John. With these words, the Lord described the legal dispensation, which began with Moses and ended with John the Baptist. But now a new dispensation was being inaugurated. From the time of John, the gospel of the kingdom of God was being preached. The Baptist went forth announcing the arrival of Israel's rightful King. He told the people that if they would repent, the Lord Jesus would reign over them. As a result of his preaching and the later preaching of the Lord Himself and of the disciples, there was an eager response on the part of many.

“Everyone is pressing into it” means that those who did respond to the message literally stormed into the kingdom. The tax collectors and sinners, for instance, had to jump over the roadblocks set up by the Pharisees. Others had to deal violently with the love of money in their own hearts. Prejudice had to be overcome.

Paul was right, the law was a curse that condemned its followers to Hell.

Comments are from the Believer's Bible.

Last edited:
The curse part of the law is that nobody was even capable of following it, regardless of commands to do so.

This is 101 type stuff, is it not?

Deuteronomy 21:22
And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:

Deuteronomy 21:23

His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which YHWH thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Galatians 3:13
Mashiach hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

The curse of the Law is Death, He died for our sins.

Did paul delight in the curse of God?. Romans 7:22 Doublethink

Paul delighted in the Law of God after the Inward man.

Romans 7

1​

Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

2​

For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.

3​

So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

4​

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Mashiach that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Dead to what Law?

Dead to the Law of Marriage and Divorce

Deuteronomy 24:4
Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after that she is defiled; for that is abomination before YHWH: and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which YHWH thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

Re-marrying a wife that has been put away is an abomination.

YHWH divorced Israel

And Only by HIs Death are we able to be Married to Him that was raised from the dead.

If you don't know the Torah, you do not understand this teaching, It's for those that know the Torah.

Jeremiah 3:8​

And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

YESHUA paid the price for His unfaithful wife, that He might be married to her again.

Took the curse in our place, died for our sins.

1. there was a curse for not following the law perfectly.
  2. no one could follow the law perfectly.
  3. therefore everyone who tried to follow the law perfectly is cursed.
That is all he is saying.

Romans 8;2​

Your thoughts please, Ben. Paul disliked the 613 Mitzvot Laws that condemned, but he delights in the law of God in Romans 7:22. Might the Law of God be the Ten Commandments that are written on our heart?
One set of laws are the Mosaic laws, they include stoning to death, and the Ten we know about.

Last edited:
Your thoughts please, Ben. Paul disliked the 613 Mitzvot Laws that condemned, but he delights in the law of God in Romans 7:22. Might the Law of God be the Ten Commandments that are written on our heart?

Shalom

What is the New Covenant ?

Jeremiah 31:33​

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith YHWH, I will put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Romans 7:22​

For I delight in the Torah of God after the inward man:

Hebrews 8:8​

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith YHWH, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Hebrews 8:9​

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in My covenant, and I regarded them not, saith YHWH.

Hebrews 8:10​

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith YHWH; I will put My Torahs into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them God, and they shall be to Me a people:

This is the Covenant that YESHUA paid for with His Blood and is the Mediator thereof.

Ezekiel 11:19​

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:

Ezekiel 11:20​

That they may walk in My statutes, and keep Mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.

The Born Again man, inward man, the new creation delights in keeping the Torah, especially true for those of us that believe the promise, that He would write it upon our hearts and minds, but those that have been taught otherwise,(resist His Working in them) are in a perpetual mode of grieving the Holy Spirit if they belong to Him.

It's easier to fool someone, than to convince them they've been fooled.

Last edited:
Back