Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Eternal Law of God a CURSE as Paul called it in Galatians 3:13?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Good morning Rajesh.
By “You Too”, do you mean to say that you are disappointed I do not agree with your overall view of Paul? If so, then yes, me too.

I do not know why that would sadden you. I do not force my convictions on you, are you saddened because you cannot force your convictions on me?

While I disagree with your ideology and your interpretation of many of Paul’s words, I consider you nothing less in Christ than a Brother and fighting about our differences only causes strife, as exhibited not only in this thread, but every thread that you oppose Paul.

Personally, I disagree heavily with Calvinism. You will be hard pressed to see me in one of those discussions, yet I created a forum specifically for Calvinism and placed a Calvinist over it. If I recall, you and JLB have much in common in this area and have tagged up on multiple occasions to oppose their views. In the matter of how one lives their life for God, you two have much in common. More so than you have differences. Why destroy the relationship you two were building over your pet doctrine? Don’t throw that away.

Why did I create a Calvinism forum and set a Calvinist over it? Because although I disagree with their theology, I believe those discussions need to take place, just like yours needs to take place.

What I ask, is that everyone remain respectful and dignified. When we argue and fight and tear one another to pieces, what does that show the world? It shows the world we are no different, and often worse than the world. This brings no glory to God.

Honestly, it’s an embarrassment.
Amen to everything 🙏

Amen to everything 🙏
Dear Stove , this here is my last post here. I'm very serious this time 😁 My father forbids me t write anymore . So please everybody who is reading this , I request do not reply. JUST CONSIDER fir it is from my Lord . His words my fingers/ pen. Thank you very much 😊 🙏🙏🙏🤗
( it's in two parts )

"Dear Stove and all brothers and sisters ,
As mentioned before I eill not be participating anymore in discussions on CF since my views and convictions on the legitimacy of Paul as an apostle of Christ causes much strife and heartburn among brothers and sisters.
My Father and Lord, Jesus told me to back off permanently for this very reason. I did say this few months back and I'm guilty of returning , simply love this forum and I love all children who love my father Jesus. And so I keep coming back 😀
However the bone of contention is Paul which makes it almost impossible to have a peaceful n loving discussion, and even debate. And as much as you love Paul , I'm on the opposite side. Before leaving I request you brothers and sisters ( as I once earlier did) , Pray to my father Jesus and ask Him Who is this Rajesh Sahu, who comes here and repeatedly attacks Paul, and claims he came from you?
My father Jesus will testify for me, for I have nobody but Him. And if He doesn't then I'm a liar and deceiver. However since we cannot put God through the test as the Christ told the devil in his wilderness encounter, I cannot test Him either. Please pray and ask my father Jesus WHO AM I? ( Sahu) and wait for Him to answer. I do not know WHEN He will answer. But He surely will. Either now or on the day of Judgment. But He will surely testify for Him. For what I shared about Paul was revealed to me by my father Jesus. This rejected, broken, disgraced and sorrowful man called Rajesh Sahu is yet from Jesus Christ , carrying His message ( and even the name , check what this name Rajesh means which my deceased Hindu parents gave 59 years back in India) in these last days when the Judgment has already begun ( 2020 or thereabouts) when Corona Virus was unleashed on mankind. This will end exactly as predicted in the Word.
Before Judgment comes Jesus wants us to understand His doctrine of Salvation. I wrote what He asked me to write ( pray and ask Him) and I wrote in 3 parts in my previous post. But I was amazed not one like comes. Nobody accepted what Jesus my father asked me to share as a last ditch effort to change hearts and help people move to loving kindness, practicing loving compassion consistently until it becomes their second nature and they start reflecting God and Christ in their lives , for God and Christ are love.( 1 John 4:8, 16 )
No surprise, the top 3 commandments of Christ revolved around LOVE.
He was kind enough to provide us DAY OF JUDGMENT vision ( Matthew 25:31-46) which clearly inform us WHAT METRIC will be used on the day of Judgment. If you read that that Vision Account , you will see the Jesus in His capacity as Judge of mankind will use exactly what He repeatedly taught--- WORKS OF LOVING KINDNESS. Whoever had them ( The Sheep) was saved , whoever did not ( The Goats )was condemned and removed from His presence.
Brothers and sisters you can dislike me and reject as much as you like, but I beg you HEED my father. Listen to Him. Do as He says . Remember this Judgment day vision CANNOT CHANGE, no matter which man or teacher or Paul says, this Judgment day scenario will play out word for word . Read Matthew 24:35 and you'll understand why.
Do not make the blunder of placing words of anyone ( except ) God before the words of Christ. And for this reason , my father Jesus warned us in in John 13:16
All this has unfortunately gone unheeded. My father's worda and warnings were consistently rejected for Paul's doctrine who repeatedly attacked Father God's eternal delightful priceless, forever and ever Law . Read words of the man after God's heart Psalms 19:7-11, Psalms 111:7-8, Psalm 119: 151-152 , Psalm 1:1-3, Read all of Psalm 119 the largest Psalm in the Bible dedicated to extolling and praising the ETERNAL Law of God which was brutally attacked by Paul and ABOLISHED by him Ephesians 2:15 and CRUCIFIED by Paul on the same cross where he and his Pharisee murdered my father, Christ Jesus.
Not only did Paul abolish and Crucify God's Law ( Ephesians 2:15 , Colossians 2:14) but he blamed Jesus Christ for doing so. Read these verses repeatedly friends for on the day of judgment they will cause condemnations of all those who believed and taught others.
Understand this brothers and sisters, nobody in the universe dare touch even a tittle or a jot or the Law . Christ warned us about that didn't He? Why? Because its eternal, universal, forever and ever. Yet we the Church chose to believe the thirteenth apostle, who destroyed COMPLETELY the Law , calling it dead and obsolete and put us under something called Grace a word my father Jesus never even uttered from His mouth and yet had become the very crux of Christian salvation ( Saved by Grace through Faith )
The Lord Jesus is furious as the book of revelation reveals. Now we know why. Pure wrath will come down on that time on all who killed Father God's eternal Law instead of obeying it in full which my father Jesus taught in Matthew 22:37-40, Matthew 7:12, and Luke 10:25-28 but unfortunately He was yet again ignored/ rejected and the Pharisees doctrine of saved by faith alone was taught. Check out ANY Church if you wish to ascertain this.
Finally friends remember it's going to be YOU and CHRIST on the day Judgment and we will be judged INDIVIDUALLY based on WHAT he have DONE not just believed exactly as James warned in James 2:2 and the Baptist warned in John 3:36 ( look NASB or Greek lexicon)
My father himself warned FOUR TINES! moments before ascending the cross in John 14 :15, 21, 23, 24 " IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"
Think friends WHY was my father repeatedly reminding us that IF WE LOVE HIM WE MUST OBEY COMMANDMENTS?
I'll tell you why, because He wanted to SAVE us , but if we YET do not keep His commandments He will not hesitate to condemn us. And He did this on the day of judgment ( Matthew 25:31-46). Read this account repeatedly and you will know the truth.
So what were the top commandments of the Lord Christ ? LOVE GOD, AND LOVE OTHERS
( Matthew 22:37-40, Matthew 7:12, Luke 10:25-28, John 15:12)
Love is the OPPOSITE of SIN friends . It covers ALL SIN reveals the Word , Proverbs 10 :12, 1 Peter 4:8
Also remember asks my father to remind the Churches. The Father established principle " YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU SOW" will play out to its FULL on the day of judgment . The ones who had SOWN LOVE in their earthly life REAPED LOVE from Father and Son the Christ and they were Saved because they had loved others ( as the SHEEP did on the day of judgment) but the Goats who likely got swindled by Pauline deception of Saved by Grace through Faith were rejected for lack of WORKS OF LOVING KINDNESS.
---------Concluded in next post 📫 ------

Concluding part from above

So as I depart friends from you for good in this life and until we all stand judgment on the day ofjudgment, I also, like everyone else, will be judged individually based on what I have done, I depart in love and good wishes :)
I ask for forgiveness if I have hurt anybody. Somebody had to contend against the evil deception that occurred :) I'm proud I contended, Father Jesus. But now I must depart from here. There is a season for everything. I have learned and gleaned much from here. Biblical knowledge,
and wisdom as well as humiliation and rejection. I keep nothing in my heart . I abundantly bless everyone here. I beg you to study my father's red lettered words and IMPLEMENT them. Study repeatedly Sermon on the Mount and the concluding warning in Matthew 7. If even one of His teaching is not taken to our heart ( and applied) he will take it up on the day of judgment. The warning which proceeds the sermon will be applied and condemnations will occur warns my father. So read repeatedly and OBEY.
Remember friends Christ warned us for a reason that " Many are invited few are chosen". The last day will witness more condemnation than salvation. Be careful and elect CHRIST . Do His / Father's Will for He warned us " Why do you call me Lord and DO NOT DO what I tell you!" And again in Matthew 7:21 " Not one of us can enter kingdom of heaven UNLESS we kearney to do God's will. "
This will play out on the day of judgment. Again I'm giving you a lot of scoop as asked by my father what will happen on that day. It's all biblical. None of the things I've said are my thoughts or views. For I share what my father Jesus asks me to share. It's weird until almost 58 or 59 I didn't know I'm from Him. Carrying last days' message to all brothers and sisters as a final warning.
Awrightey guys I'm finally done :) It's finished. The message I had come to deliver now stands delivered, Praise the Lord :).Trust the Lord enough to OBEY Him. It will bode well for you and you alone on the day of judgment for that day is very close now . Remember the Judgment will be very, very individual based. Works based.
Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. Revelation 22:12
I bless you all, and pray peace and wisdom on everyone. May you obey our Lord diligently and do everything He asked so that He may be with us until the end of the age ( Matthew 28:18-20)

A request again DO NOT PLEASE REPLY. And if you do I shall not be replying, lest you think I'm being rude . This was the time alloted here. I'm forbidden by my father Jesus to ever write here That time is over. I depart in love .
In your spare time pray ask my father Jesus who I AM . He will testify for me for I have no one else but Him. He knows my truth and will reveal it to you if it's His Will. May His will be done. Your will is my command Lord and your command my will.
God bless everyone. May all that live be joyful May all that Father created be blessed. May we all resist our sinfulness, pick up our cross and obey Him, the one Who died for us, by practicing loving kindness ceaselessly and consistently until we ourselves become LOVE and escape wrath! 1 John 4:8
God bless everything and everyone
Lots and lots of love 🙏🙏🤗😍🙏👍lo ❤

Last edited:
Well Rajesh its both troubling and sad to read your last posts. But not surprising considering the path you have taken. You wont like what I state. The Lord, my Lord, would not forbid you to post on a internet forum. Also note we also proclaim faith in the Lord. We are not the Lord's enemies nor your enemy. If some spirit is telling you to leave and not post here its not from above. I am concerned for you and will pray for you.

John 13:34-35 NIV
“A new commandI give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another

1 Corinthians 13:3-7 NIV

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

35 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

What does this mean JLB "Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us"
Now be specific and don't quote hundred verses
Paul appears to be saying from the perspective of a neutral observer, without the law there would be no sin, no failure, no judgement. A curse is saying something bad to someone and they suffer the harm the curse brings. So in this sense the law was spoken and as a consequence men are judged and fall short of righteousness and fail in the sight of God.

Jesus resolved the judgement for sin with the cross, so becoming the curse but being totally innocent invalidated the accusation for those who has faith in Jesus.

Though it seems wrong to argue the point, sin exists whether the law points it out or not. The consequence of sinful behaviour is death. For me the law is the light being switched on to put things into context, to show the path of righteousness and love, and empower us through repentance and faith in Christ to eternal life.

If you put on the emotional view rather than the factual view, Paul is right. The law came and made plain mans sinfulness and therefore cursed them to their fate without a resolution. But Jesus resolved this curse, by freely taking on sinful behaviour thrown at him, the curse of sin, death, and forgiving those who sinned against Him. And through this when we identify with Jesus through faith, we inherit this forgiveness and thereby salvation, beginning to see the heart of God in love, and walking in this love with a transformed heart.

If one looks at the words purely on a factual basis, Jesus could not become death, and the law showing sin, does not mean there is no sin where there is no law. On an emotional scale it does appear without the law, innocence exists where people are blind, except being blind does not make you innocent of sin.

The problem with pictoral language in theology is it illustrates aspects of relationships, roles and intention, which cannot be taken too far, because at certain point the picture falls apart. A classic example of this is Gods forgiveness being limited by justice and holiness. There are ebbs and flows of all these things, but it is the Lords will that dominates and the righteous who He will listen to if they call unto Him, as Moses and Aaron constantly did and saved Israel from many judgements and problems due to their rebellion and grumbling. The problem was not the recognition of issues or compromises, but actively desiring something different than the Lords solution or people who spoke His word. You look at human people like David and Samson, and yet you see Jesus working through them in their strengths and failings. How we resolve this in our lives defines our walk.

God bless you

John 13:34-35 NIV
“A new commandI give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another

1 Corinthians 13:3-7 NIV

If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

35 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I read a discussion today on OSAS.
It struck me that the problem was two groups of people, who claimed they were right and the other side were wrong.
The arguments are very old, and held firmly by each group.

It then struck me if I was anxious and always wary of each day, knowing God loves me and I am safe in His hands, speaks to my heart. OSAS would be like a light of where I stand.

If I held relationships, and the ups and downs of life and saw growth in those around me, building on foundations and progress, then OSAS would appear a denial of what is clearly a living and growing relationship.

Now on an emotional scale both are right, but wrong in their condemnation of the other side.
Often people want Jesus to come out and resolve these situations, not seeing they are a reflection of who we are rather than theology and how Jesus walks with us.

So once someone is convinced that person over there is the enemy, they find it very hard to not hear their own observations and ignore what is really going on. Praise the Lord, He is full of grace and love, and we too can walk in these ways,

God bless you

Concluding part from above

So as I depart friends from you for good in this life and until we all stand judgment on the day ofjudgment, I also, like everyone else, will be judged individually based on what I have done, I depart in love and good wishes :)
I ask for forgiveness if I have hurt anybody. Somebody had to contend against the evil deception that occurred :) I'm proud I contended, Father Jesus. But now I must depart from here. There is a season for everything. I have learned and gleaned much from here. Biblical knowledge,
and wisdom as well as humiliation and rejection. I keep nothing in my heart . I abundantly bless everyone here. I beg you to study my father's red lettered words and IMPLEMENT them. Study repeatedly Sermon on the Mount and the concluding warning in Matthew 7. If even one of His teaching is not taken to our heart ( and applied) he will take it up on the day of judgment. The warning which proceeds the sermon will be applied and condemnations will occur warns my father. So read repeatedly and OBEY.
Remember friends Christ warned us for a reason that " Many are invited few are chosen". The last day will witness more condemnation than salvation. Be careful and elect CHRIST . Do His / Father's Will for He warned us " Why do you call me Lord and DO NOT DO what I tell you!" And again in Matthew 7:21 " Not one of us can enter kingdom of heaven UNLESS we kearney to do God's will. "
This will play out on the day of judgment. Again I'm giving you a lot of scoop as asked by my father what will happen on that day. It's all biblical. None of the things I've said are my thoughts or views. For I share what my father Jesus asks me to share. It's weird until almost 58 or 59 I didn't know I'm from Him. Carrying last days' message to all brothers and sisters as a final warning.
Awrightey guys I'm finally done :) It's finished. The message I had come to deliver now stands delivered, Praise the Lord :).Trust the Lord enough to OBEY Him. It will bode well for you and you alone on the day of judgment for that day is very close now . Remember the Judgment will be very, very individual based. Works based.
Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. Revelation 22:12
I bless you all, and pray peace and wisdom on everyone. May you obey our Lord diligently and do everything He asked so that He may be with us until the end of the age ( Matthew 28:18-20)

A request again DO NOT PLEASE REPLY. And if you do I shall not be replying, lest you think I'm being rude . This was the time alloted here. I'm forbidden by my father Jesus to ever write here That time is over. I depart in love .
In your spare time pray ask my father Jesus who I AM . He will testify for me for I have no one else but Him. He knows my truth and will reveal it to you if it's His Will. May His will be done. Your will is my command Lord and your command my will.
God bless everyone. May all that live be joyful May all that Father created be blessed. May we all resist our sinfulness, pick up our cross and obey Him, the one Who died for us, by practicing loving kindness ceaselessly and consistently until we ourselves become LOVE and escape wrath! 1 John 4:8
God bless everything and everyone
Lots and lots of love 🙏🙏🤗😍🙏👍lo ❤
I have never heard of anyone referring to Jesus as the Father.
Jesus is my brother, and God is our Father.

Have read this thread through. Wow! My hat off to you Steve, you spoke in love.
Anyway i would like to share something I'm into reading at the present time and it's in line with this thread so I want to share some of it with you.

First let me say I have much respect for the author of the piece, have read most of his materials over the past three decades. What I appreciate so much about his studies is he fills the reader in on circumstances and culture of the various authors of the bible so you fill like your walking in their sandals. Thus you begin to see things differently.
Well, I'll let you be the judge:

Note: [Since this thread is dealing God’s Laws, I will skip the first two chapters and go to Gal.chapter 3, since
(Gal. 3:13) has been referenced often.

Larry Wilson July 2020
Galatians Introduction

Preface
Paul’s letters are unusually difficult for Christians to understand. First, they often dealt with topics that have no meaning among Christians today. Today, there is no controversy over food offered to idols or the necessity of circumcision. Second, Christianity then was embryonic, constantly challenged with the pervasive culture, theology, and heritage of Judaism. Paul was faced with the task of persuading Jewish believers in Jesus to let go of Judaism’s “salvation by works” orientation to embrace one based on faith through the transforming power of the Holy Spirit. Third, Paul was confronted with the very complicated matter of explaining to Gentile converts the importance of obeying God’s laws while also explaining to Jewish converts why Moses’ laws were abolished. Fourth, there was a great deal of social friction between Jews and Gentiles, and Paul had the impossible task of convincing new believers to let go of their long-standing bias and hostility toward each other so they could genuinely love one another. Last, when Paul wrote the books of Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, and Romans, the New Testament did not exist. He was guided by the revelations he directly received from Jesus. Because Paul was well-educated and steeped in Jewish culture, some of his arguments are di cult to understand unless you understand how Jewish traditions were woven into Old Testament cultures and law.

When these five factors are brought together, you can see why there is confusion regarding Paul’s writings. When one quotes a verse from Paul and another an opposing verse, the net effect is nonsense. When the Bible is placed in a state of internal conflict, the result is harmful. In my opinion, no writer in the Bible is misquoted more often than Paul. Therefore, it is highly important that Christians study these books as one unit to appreciate his approach to the obstacles previously mentioned. Paul did not speak out of both sides of his mouth. One of his epistles cannot give a fair assessment of what he thought and taught because each one confronts the five obstacles in different ways. However, when the four epistles are studied as one unit, Paul’s position and the principles he espoused become quite clear. Personally, I think all fourteen of his letters are wonderful, but my book will be limited to Paul’s letters to the Galatians, Ephesians, Colossians, and Romans. In this commentary, my goal is to let Paul do most of the talking. I have inserted and emphasized words enabling you to follow his logic. My words are interlaced in the Bible text and enclosed in brackets [ ]. For best results, have your favorite Bible translation handy as you read.

Galatians was written around A.D. 50—about twenty years after Jesus ascended. Paul wrote this epistle when he became upset with the apostasy of Christians in Galatia. This explains his combative tone and abrasive arguments. “Experts” from Jerusalem were canvassing the territory for followers and, in many cases, successfully challenging, and winning over, Paul’s converts to a “better gospel.” “These apologists,” as I call them, were, no doubt, well-meaning, sincere, and respectable. They desperately wanted and had carefully crafted an argument of a new gospel of unity to end two decades of conflict between Judaism and Christianity. This “better gospel” required Jewish converts to add some Mosaic laws to their practice of Christianity and Paul could not remain silent about the corruption.

The apologists insisted that Christians must observe some of the laws of Moses.1 They reasoned that if Christians obeyed those laws, Israel’s leaders would accept Christians as brothers since other sects, like Sadducees and Pharisees, existed within Judaism. When Paul heard this, he became “unglued” and adamantly opposed the apologists.

Paul knew the laws of Moses were temporary. God gave them at Mt. Sinai and they were to remain in effect until Jesus died on the cross. Paul’s letters to the Ephesians and Hebrews reveal he had this knowledge. More importantly, Paul knew God did not ordain adding some of these laws to Christianity; he knew it to be impossible to obey the Mosaic laws without doing everything they required. The apostate gospel of the apologists was a pretext for adding all Mosaic laws later on. If Christianity chose this road, who would have the authority to determine which laws were binding and which were not? Surely, the high priest or Sanhedrin in Jerusalem could not pontificate on this matter, because Christians had a high priest from the tribe of Judah who was in heaven seated at the right hand of God!

Paul was also concerned that new Christians would fall into the same religious trap the Jews had. He knew by experience how religion could squelch the work of the Holy Spirit and end up taking God’s place. After his conversion, Paul could see the wreck that Judaism had made of his life. He was so blinded by loyalty to his religion that he joined in murdering Stephen! At the time, he truly believed he was doing God’s will; Deuteronomy 13 gave him permission and authority. When Jesus arrested him on the Damascus road and revealed that God was not pleased with his actions, Paul’s mission in life and religious zeal imploded.

Given his experience, Paul was concerned the churches in Galatia would abandon the influence of the Holy Spirit and the gospel of Jesus if they embraced the apologists’ lies. He did not want Christianity following in the footsteps of Judaism: a religion of meeting obligations to be righteous in God’s sight. This had been his life as a Pharisee. After his conversion, Paul understood the pernicious steps that eventually caused Israel, who professed to love God, to actually hate God when He appeared in the flesh. If the churches in Galatia followed in Israel’s steps, the result would be the same.

Continued, post 2

2nd post

Paul was a Pharisee and son of a Pharisee. He was zealous and educated as a legalist. After his conversion to Christ and several years of unlearning, Paul became a relentless advocate for the principle that “salvation comes through faith in God alone.” He had the wounds and scars of persecution to prove that “faith alone” is far more than intellectual assent to an idea. I think Paul would summarize his faith alone position by saying: “First, faith in God means believing God will do things for people beyond human ability. Second, faith in God means believing God will keep His promises. Third, faith in God means pleasing God (fulfilling His laws) without regard for the consequences.” When we combine these three concepts, salvation becomes a matter of love and faith. Obeying God’s laws cannot produce the righteousness needed for salvation, and this revelation destroyed Paul’s zeal for Judaism. Jesus alone produces the righteousness needed for salvation. He overcame every temptation and His righteousness is transferred to those who love Him and live by faith. The walk of faith requires us to depend on God who enables us to do things beyond our abilities. This completes the three step loop.

Faith in God is only tested when there is a price to pay for obedience. If a person lives in a setting where obeying God is perpetually comfortable, be suspicious. We live in a dark world where the currents of sin are very strong and constant temptation abounds. God’s laws are contrary to the ways of sinners. Temporal comfort can be an enemy to faith. Jesus made this point painfully clear in his rebuke to the believers in Laodicea whom he called lukewarm, blind, and naked.2 Each disciple of Jesus is given a mission so far beyond human ability that many would quit if they could see what the journey involves. Christians today, unfortunately, do not have the faith of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Caleb, or Joshua. Faith is tested when there is a trial or challenge of some kind, and the challenge for the Jewish converts to Christ in Galatia was largely centered on whether centuries of Jewish customs should be abandoned. The social and theological consequences were significant.

Galatians 3:1-5: “You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you [with religious bamboozle that demands circumcision]? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified [for your sins]. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the [power and the manifestations of the Holy] Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish [that you cannot see what you are doing]? After beginning [your walk] by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish [your goal of justification] by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much [ridicule and persecution] in vain – if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard?”

Galatians 3:6-8: “
[Let us go back to the origin of circumcision for a moment.] So also Abraham ‘believed God [when God said he would become the father of many nations even though he had no children], and [Genesis says1] it was credited to him as righteousness [because he did not doubt that God would fulfill His promise].’ Understand, then, that those who have faith [in God, those who fully rely on God’s promises,] are children of Abraham [because they believe God’s promises just as Abraham believed God’s promises]. [Old Testament] Scripture foresaw [centuries ago] that God would [also] justify the Gentiles by faith, and [God] announced [this wonderful development in the] the gospel [given] in advance to Abraham [when He said]: ‘All nations [on Earth] will be blessed through you.’”

Galatians 3:9-11: “So those who [live in all of the nations of the world and] rely on faith [in God] are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. For all who rely on the works of the law [to be justified] are under a curse, as it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.’ Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified [or can be justified] before God [by obeying the law], because [the Scriptures say in Habakkuk] ‘the righteous will live by faith.’ [This is a critical point: No one but Jesus has lived a sinless life, not even Abraham. Abraham was not justified through obedience. Abraham was not perfect. He lied about his wife Sarah several times because of fear, and committed adultery with Hagar! At times, Abraham let go of his faith in God’s promises. He was a sinner, but he was justified by his faith in God! When God called him to leave home and travel to a foreign land, he obeyed!]

Galatians 3:12: “The law is not based on faith
[God’s laws are divine obligations which He has imposed on mankind for our benefit]; on the contrary, it says [God has said, in Ezekiel], ‘The person who does these things will live by them.’”
This declaration means the man who obeys God’s laws will thrive and be blessed by them because they are not harmful. They are the product of divine wisdom and bring good results into our lives. Do not be confused, the blessings that come with obeying God’s laws and the righteousness needed for salvation are two separate issues. For example, the law says ‘Thou shalt not steal.’ If I do not steal his possessions, my neighbor is blessed and so am I. My neighbor suffers no loss and I am not condemned as a thief. However, if I do not steal my neighbor’s possessions, I have not necessarily fulfilled the intent of God’s law. The royal law is fulfilled when I love my neighbor enough that I would rather cut o my hand than to steal his property. Such love is only acquired through faith in Christ. God has promised to remove our selfishness and unrighteousness and give us a new heart. If I am tempted to steal (which is a selfish desire), perhaps I can be victorious over this temptation a few times through willpower, but this is not the way of Christ! Jesus has made two promises: First, He has promised to transform us from within by sending the Holy Spirit to create a clean heart and renew a right spirit within us if we ask Him. This process is called rebirth. Second, He will give us victory over temptation by displacing selfish passions with love and divine power. If we ask for transformation and believe it will come, He will send it! He has also promised to put a new heart in every person who asks for it.

The purpose of God’s law is to function as a mirror. It shows our weaknesses, our deviation from righteousness, and our desperate need for a Savior. God’s laws are not opposed to the ministry of the Spirit. Instead, our sinful nature is opposed to God’s laws.4 The Ten Commandments are called a covenant because they are a promise. God promises that when we love Him with all of our heart, mind, and soul, and our neighbor as ourselves, we will fulfill the law by living in perfect harmony with His law. For a sinner, the law is indispensable since it declares right from wrong; it represents a righteousness that a sinner cannot produce. The good news is that Jesus fulfilled the law, He has promised to give His righteousness to all repentant sinners, and He will send transforming power to everyone who seeks it. Do you believe His promises?

Galatians 3:13-15: “Christ redeemed us [believers] from the curse of the law [which is eternal death] by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.’ [The Father] He redeemed us [through Jesus’ death] in order that the [promised] blessing given to Abraham might [also] come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we [Jews and Gentiles alike] might receive the promise of the [Holy] Spirit [who transforms our rebellious minds and sanctifies our sinful hearts. The Spirit enables us to love God and our neighbors wholeheartedly because this is humanly impossible]. Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.”

Galatians 3:16-18: “
[God gave three promises to Abraham. First, God promised his descendants would be given possession of the land. Second, God promised Abraham he would become the father of many nations. Third, God promised Abraham that through him, the nations of Earth would be blessed–meaning the Savior of the whole world would come through his bloodline.] The [three] promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed [notice the singular]. [If you examine the promises in Genesis,1] Scripture does not say ‘and to seeds,’ [plural] meaning many people, but [the promise says] ‘and to your seed,’ meaning one person, who is Christ. What I mean is this: The law [given at Mt. Sinai], [was] introduced 430 years later [after the three promises were given to Abraham. The law given at Mt. Sinai], does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise. For if the inheritance depends on [observing] the law, then it no longer depends on the promise; but God in his grace gave it to Abraham through a promise.”

continued post 3

3rd Post

Galatians 3:19-20: “[I know this letter will be challenged by false brothers who have come in among you. They will scold and ask] Why, then, was the law given at all [if salvation depends on faith]? [The answer is obvious.] It [the law] was added because of [man’s darkness and ignorance. God chose to enlighten mankind by giving us His wise and enduring laws to bless us so we can understand the curse, nature, and behavior of sin and the penalty for our] transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. [We know that any violation of God’s laws, whether willful or through ignorance, always brings sorrow, pain, and death, therefore] The law was given through [the ministry of] angels1 [who were directed by a mediator] and [it was] entrusted to a mediator [who represents us before the Father]. A mediator, however, implies more than one party; [our mediator understands the needs of fallen man as well as the objectives of the Father] but [the] God [head] is one [in purpose, plan, and action].”

Galatians 3:21-22: “Is the law
[given at Mt. Sinai], therefore, opposed to the [three] promises of God [given to Abraham]? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart [eternal] life, then righteousness would certainly have come by [obeying] the law. But Scripture has locked up everything under the control of sin, [we have all sinned, we are condemned by our sins and given our sinful nature, no one can live very long without sinning] so [God has provided a better way for us to receive] that what was promised [to Abraham], [the promise] being given [has been extended to all mankind, Jew and Gentile alike] through faith in Jesus Christ, [who are Abraham’s seed, so that everything] might be given to those who believe [in God as Abraham believed in God].”

Galatians 3:23-24: “Before the coming
[arrival] of this faith [before Jesus came to Earth], we [Jews] were held in custody under the law, [we were] locked up [and confused in matters of grace, faith, and obedience] until the faith [in God] that was to come would be revealed [that is, properly demonstrated and clarified by the life and teachings of Jesus]. So the law was our guardian [at Mt. Sinai to show us our sinful nature and propensity for sin] until [it should have led us to understand our need for a Savior who could save us sinners from our sins. For fourteen centuries Israel conducted sacrifices on the Altar of Burnt Offering and very few understood our great need for the Lamb of God. We foolishly thought we were righteous because we did what God commanded. Little did we know that the blood of animals could not take away our sins! Our foolishness changed when] Christ came [to Earth and now we see there is a difference between obeying the law and obeying the Spirit so] that we might be justified by faith [alone].”

Galatians 3:25
: “Now that this faith [has been demonstrated and clarified through Christ who] has come [into the world], we are no longer under a guardian [the supervision of the law to understand the curse of sin, the sinful nature, and our desperate need of a Savior]. [Jesus has explained the relationship between grace, faith, and law. According to the Father’s grace, the promises given to Abraham include all repentant sinners, Jews and Gentiles alike. The fulfillment of the promises has been made possible through the perfect life of Jesus.]

Galatians 3:26-29: “
[In summary, if you will follow Jesus and live by faith, then] So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ[’s righteousness]. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. [Therefore, the covenant of physical circumcision ended at the cross. No longer does God consider a man an heir of Abraham because of physical circumcision. Moses said the circumcision that matters to God is the circumcision of the heart. The flesh of the sinful heart has to be removed so a new heart, transformed by the Spirit, may function. Because] If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed [sperm], and heirs according to the [three] promise[s that await fulfillment].”

The End

A few questions to think on:
If the ten commandments were abolished as many believe, how does one define sin/disobedience?
Why does God offer us grace?
How will God judge those who choose to love Him, and those who don't?

If the ten commandments were abolished as many believe, how does one define sin/disobedience?
The old personal, sliding, scale.
Some didn't consider killing the Jews during WW2 a sin because it was a popular idea with the masses.
The same reason He offers us His love and protection.
Those who love him will inherit eternal life, and those who don't love Him will be thrown into the lake of fire.

Its an interesting idea that the law was abolished.
Paul viewed it walking in love is following the law, in the sense of the moral law not ceremonial law.
The sabbath is viewed as part of the ceremonial law, as in Jesus we enter the eternal rest.

Its an interesting idea that the law was abolished.
Paul viewed it walking in love is following the law, in the sense of the moral law not ceremonial law.
The sabbath is viewed as part of the ceremonial law, as in Jesus we enter the eternal rest.
Peter, what do you mean by your first statement?

Are you implying by your second statement, that you believe the ten commandments were never abolished?

I would agree that many view the sabbath as part of the ceremonial law, which is was. However, many do not understand that the five feast days (feast of trumpets, feast of unleavened bread, the pass over, ect.) that were observed each year, were referred to as sabbaths as well, because on those days they also rested from their labors. These special sabbaths fell on dates, like any birthday, and not on the seventh day of the week.

Have you ever heard the term, "A High Sabbath"? A"high sabbath" occurred when a feast day/special sabbath, fell on a weekly sabbath. FYI, Christ laid in His tomb during a, "High Sabbath."

So the death of Christ, abolished the ceremonial law, and all of the feast days/special sabbaths. This however, did not abolish the ten commandments, containing the weekly sabbath, as many choose to believe.

Does it seem reasonable to you, since Jesus wrote them on stone with His own finger, and required them to be placed within His temple, in the Most Holy Place, in the "Ark of His Covenant", below the "Mercy Seat", between to golden angles, with His glory resting above, in which only the "High Priest", could enter only one day of the year, that all these facts imply that they, all ten, are indeed, "a Covenant from God to man". meaning some day in the future at the end of sins drama, God will write them on the Hearts of His redeemed?

The old personal, sliding, scale.
Some didn't consider killing the Jews during WW2 a sin because it was a popular idea with the masses.

The same reason He offers us His love and protection.

Those who love him will inherit eternal life, and those who don't love Him will be thrown into the lake of fire.
Hopeful, your first two sentences is in response to the question, "If the ten commandments were abolished as many believe, how does one define sin/disobedience?" I'm sure you are aware, that before Christ second coming He will have decided who are righteous and who are the lost. Your response implies that individuals get to decide. Does it make more sense that God will judge each of us based on "His Moral law/ten commandments"?

My second questions is: "Why does God offer us grace?" your response is, "The same reason He offers us His love and protection." So, please share what you think is "the reason" in all of these situations?

Your last response did answers my question as it was stated. But in reading your answer I realized I didn't express my question correctly. It should have been:

How will God determine those that love Him, and those who don't? Your response would be?

Hopeful, your first two sentences is in response to the question, "If the ten commandments were abolished as many believe, how does one define sin/disobedience?"
Whatever offends your conscience is sin.
I'm sure you are aware, that before Christ second coming He will have decided who are righteous and who are the lost. Your response implies that individuals get to decide. Does it make more sense that God will judge each of us based on "His Moral law/ten commandments"?
I can decide to be righteous or unrighteous.
But God will do the final judgement, based on the law of Christ, ie., Love God with all your might and love your neighbor as you love yourself.
My second questions is: "Why does God offer us grace?" your response is, "The same reason He offers us His love and protection." So, please share what you think is "the reason" in all of these situations?
OK. He offers us grace, love, and protection so we can glorify Him.
Helping a stranger glorifies God, so does refusing a temptation.
Those things are our testimony of the love and power of God.
Your last response did answers my question as it was stated. But in reading your answer I realized I didn't express my question correctly. It should have been:
How will God determine those that love Him, and those who don't? Your response would be?
If we love God with all our might, strength, and heart; and we love our neighbors as ourselves, we will be found in the book of life on the last day.

I wish to know HOW can the eternal Law of God be a CURSE as Paul called it in Galatians 3:13, and Churches accepted and have taught that for the last 500 years at least

In Galatians 3:13 Paul says "Christ redeemed us from the CURSE OF THE LAW by becoming a curse for us, for it is written Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

It is very clear the 13th Apostle is calling the God written Law ( Deuteronomy 9:10) a CURSE.
It's a rather shocking allegation, especially since David calls the LAW of God pure, perfect, holy , eternal, forever and ever, more valuable than gold, and sweeter than honey, in Psalm 19: 7-11, Psalm 111:7-8 Psalm 119:151-152
And in Psalm 1:1-3 David calls God's Law Tree of Life

1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,

2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.

3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither— whatever they do prospers.
( Psalms 1:1-3)

This begs the question, WHO is not being truthful , Paul or David?

I invite the views and thoughts ( backed with non Pauline scripture) on this extremely serious charge/ accusation of Paul that the Law of God is a CURSE...

I request responders to be respectful as I have also posted with respect. Thank you in advance 🙏
If you choose to disobey it, maybe....

Peter, what do you mean by your first statement?

Are you implying by your second statement, that you believe the ten commandments were never abolished?

I would agree that many view the sabbath as part of the ceremonial law, which is was. However, many do not understand that the five feast days (feast of trumpets, feast of unleavened bread, the pass over, ect.) that were observed each year, were referred to as sabbaths as well, because on those days they also rested from their labors. These special sabbaths fell on dates, like any birthday, and not on the seventh day of the week.

Have you ever heard the term, "A High Sabbath"? A"high sabbath" occurred when a feast day/special sabbath, fell on a weekly sabbath. FYI, Christ laid in His tomb during a, "High Sabbath."

So the death of Christ, abolished the ceremonial law, and all of the feast days/special sabbaths. This however, did not abolish the ten commandments, containing the weekly sabbath, as many choose to believe.

Does it seem reasonable to you, since Jesus wrote them on stone with His own finger, and required them to be placed within His temple, in the Most Holy Place, in the "Ark of His Covenant", below the "Mercy Seat", between to golden angles, with His glory resting above, in which only the "High Priest", could enter only one day of the year, that all these facts imply that they, all ten, are indeed, "a Covenant from God to man". meaning some day in the future at the end of sins drama, God will write them on the Hearts of His redeemed?
"the ten commandments were never abolished"

This is a very miss-understood idea. The commandments are not a list if pass or fail tests, and if removed you are fine.
When an athlete has to compete to enter the Olympics to represent their country, the measurements are there to exclude people who will lose.

Jesus declares simply to be in the Lords presence we need to be clean.
The 10 commandments are not onerous, they are simply how loving people behave.

Paul is declaring with love of Jesus ruling ones heart, we obey the 10 commandments.
My example here is a real life example of living with frustrated people.
An attractive woman flirts, like you are the centre of their attention. Of course this is enticing except you have a wife, a loving family and invested time and effort in meaningful and foundational relationships. To overthrow this because of a desire or emotional attraction is insanity, like night and day.

Now the command do not commit adultery just says this. It does not mention the reason and context, the destruction to who one is and the need for loving caring relationships in all aspects of ones life. It warns that if one follows this behaviour of adultery ones soul is in danger, the very foundation of who one is.

Each command has a similar outworking, which if broken brings death to the soul.

So the idea of abolishing them is absurd. It is like saying following Jesus is just a ticket to heaven or eternity without addressing what eternity actually is and what happens when a sinner meets holy perfection. I think shattering and totally unpicking of the conscious side of us is its reality.

I discussed with one believer the idea that a hateful sinner who once loved God, could survive in the Lords presence with a heart of stone. Such a sinner would rather die and be destroyed. But the theology they held to said this would happen, or in some robotic way the sinner would be turned into a saint, which is clearly not Gods way. The Lord does not force people, He calls and awaits a response.

God bless you

Back