Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Islam - a religion of peace

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
This has a pretty good description about what their doing..

Ezekiel 13:10 Because, even because they have seduced my people, saying, Peace; and there was no peace; and one built up a wall, and, lo, others daubed it with untempered morter:

11 Say unto them which daub it with untempered morter, that it shall fall: there shall be an overflowing shower; and ye, O great hailstones, shall fall; and a stormy wind shall rend it.

What I dont get, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, as the first quote this person says in the koran is, if anyone kills an innocent person it would be as if he killed all mankind.
Indeed, the Qur'an states that, but what so many people neglect to do is to go to the next step, and determine the meaning of the term "innocent" as expressed in their theology.

Please consider these all from their "Holy Writings" as you attempt to define an "innocent"

Jewish people are enemies of Islam
Volume 3, Book 50, Number 890:

Narrated Ibn Umar:
… Now Abdullah bin Umar went to his land and was attacked at night, and his hands and feet were dislocated, and as we have no enemies there except those Jews, they are our enemies and the only people whom we suspect, I have made up my mind to exile them." [1]

Volume 3, Book 39, Number 524:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle gave the land of Khaibar to the Jew's on the condition that they work on it and cultivate it, and be given half of its yield. [2]

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 597:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "No child is born but has the Islamic Faith, but its parents turn it into a Jew or a Christian… [3]

[1] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/050.sbt.html#003.050.890
[2] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/039.sbt.html#003.039.524
[3] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/093.sbt.html#009.093.564

Conversion from Islam means death:

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 577:
Narrated 'Ali:

I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days (of the world) there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection." [1]

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 271:
Narrated Abu Musa:

A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle [2]

[1] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/061.sbt.html#006.061.577
[2] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/089.sbt.html#009.089.271

Whenever I hear someone say "Islam is a peaceful religion" I cringe.
I cringe because that person has not bothered to do a simple fact check by going to a site on the Qur'an, and doing a search on the terms, "Jew", Christian" "infidel" and others as it comes to mind. I'd also do a search on the word, "innocent" just to look at things from their perspective. You see, anyone can take a class on "Comparative religions", but unless one has read any of the things in the works of any cult, by themselves, and without anyone feeding them pablum, they can see for themselves that this religion instills hatred for Jews, and Christians from the get-go.

It is also a very misogynistic religion. It says it in its readings, and you can see it in their burkas

Here are other Qur'an quotes:

“Whoever offers violence to you, offer you the like violence to him.” 2:190 (Volume 4, Book 53, Number 377 Volume 8, Book 73, Number 111, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 416)

2:276 Volume 5, Book 58, Number 127: Narrated Al-Bara:

I heard the Prophet saying (or the Prophet said), "None loves the Ansar but a believer, and none hates them but a hypocrite. So Allah will love him who loves them, and He will hate him who hates them

Partial Sunan Abu Dawud
Book 40, Number 4582: Narrated AbuDharr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The best of the actions is to love for the sake of Allah and to hate for the sake of Allah.[1]

[1] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/083.sbt.html#005.058.127

A side note in history is apropos. The Crusades had excesses, as all wars do. However, they were in large measure a “just war” because they were a response to the aggressive expansion of Islam. “…by the incursions of the Seljuk Turks, … that invaded southwestern Asia in the 11th century and eventually founded an empire that included Mesopotamia, Syria, Palestine, and most of Iran. Their advance marked the beginning of Turkish power in the Middle East.” [1]

Their taking of Jerusalem led to the first of five crusades, beginning in 1095. The first crusade melded two ideals: pilgrimage to a holy place, and freedom of access for Christians to go to Jerusalem. The Seljuks were Sunnis, the most numerous of the Islam branches, and they forcibly converted all those in Jerusalem to Islam, and killed those who did not convert.

It is also obvious that the leopard has not changed his spots. Using different technology, groups like the Taliban, and their ilk continue to use force, death and terror to “evangelize“ the extreme agenda as taught in the Qur'an.

[1] Encyclopedia Britannica, electronic edition 2004

Ecclesiastes1:9 What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun. (ESV)​

Thank you for posting, I think it is needed. I took a world religions class and learned that indeed Islam is a religion of peace.

What did you learn?, all the peaceful stuff shown on the outside. Sure there are peaceful verses, but you need the full understanding to get the full picture.

Its two faced. Peaceful one verse, hateful the next. Peaceful for one people, hateful towards the others. People can make it as peaceful or hateful as they want. Pick and choose the verses.

I dunno...in medieval times, Arabic cultures were rather progressive. They were far ahead of European culture in many respects.

The problem, I think, is elements of Islam mixed with poverty, frustration, and lack of opportunity. I'm not a big fan of the religion itself, but I think the big problem is that angry people living in anomic conditions are clinging to the absolute worst that Islam has to offer.

You are still avoiding the evidence I provided at #13 that Islam is not a religion of peace, but a religion of shameful violence that we have seen paid out in Paris on 13 November 2015.

When will you admit that the issue with Islam is its core value of eradicating all infidels (non-Muslims) and doing that violently?

Oz

Yeah, it says not to kill innocent people. But the problem is that in their eyes if you aren't Muslim you are not innocent. You are a sinning infidel and in that case the Koran clearly says to hunt you down and kill you wherever you can be found. That's the problem with using that text to claim it is a religion of peace. There is a percentage of it's people who are peaceful, sure, but it is not a religion of peace.

Obadiah,

Ron Edwards is of the view that there are no such people as ‘moderate’ Muslims. Instead,
most people known as moderate Muslims are those simply waiting until the overall Muslim population is at least around eight percent of the overall population of the country, or city they migrate to. After that they start getting involved politically via the Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamic organizations and use the judicial system of their chosen nation or city to further the political clout of Muslims at the expense of the native citizens where the immigrated to. Soon after, violent acts begin to occur. Numerous cities in Great Britain, France and even Televiv (sic) Israel are peppered with Muslim stabbings of non-Muslims and boisterous calls for the collapse of the nation, or city they have invaded (Edwards 2015).

My wife and I saw the outworking of this when we visited our son in London in 2000. He was a backpacker. We toured throughout the UK and took a bus around Europe, including a boat trip down the Danube. We saw the way the Muslims had overtaken largish areas of the UK and France. It was scary to see the lack of integration and manifestation of enclaves. I could imagine that it is much worse now.

Six days ago it was announced in Australia: 'Diaa Mohamed launches Muslim political party'.

Oz

Works consulted
Edwards, R 2015. Do you really believe there are moderate Muslims? Newswithviews.com (online), 20 November. Available at: http://www.newswithviews.com/RonEdwards/ron152.htm (Accessed 23 November 2015).

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Indeed, the Qur'an states that, but what so many people neglect to do is to go to the next step, and determine the meaning of the term "innocent" as expressed in their theology.

Please consider these all from their "Holy Writings" as you attempt to define an "innocent"

Jewish people are enemies of Islam
Volume 3, Book 50, Number 890:

Narrated Ibn Umar:
… Now Abdullah bin Umar went to his land and was attacked at night, and his hands and feet were dislocated, and as we have no enemies there except those Jews, they are our enemies and the only people whom we suspect, I have made up my mind to exile them." [1]

Volume 3, Book 39, Number 524:
Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle gave the land of Khaibar to the Jew's on the condition that they work on it and cultivate it, and be given half of its yield. [2]

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 597:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "No child is born but has the Islamic Faith, but its parents turn it into a Jew or a Christian… [3]

[1] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/050.sbt.html#003.050.890
[2] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/039.sbt.html#003.039.524
[3] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/093.sbt.html#009.093.564

Conversion from Islam means death:

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 577:
Narrated 'Ali:

I heard the Prophet saying, "In the last days (of the world) there will appear young people with foolish thoughts and ideas. They will give good talks, but they will go out of Islam as an arrow goes out of its game, their faith will not exceed their throats. So, wherever you find them, kill them, for there will be a reward for their killers on the Day of Resurrection." [1]

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 271:
Narrated Abu Musa:

A man embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism. Mu'adh bin Jabal came and saw the man with Abu Musa. Mu'adh asked, "What is wrong with this (man)?" Abu Musa replied, "He embraced Islam and then reverted back to Judaism." Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down unless you kill him (as it is) the verdict of Allah and His Apostle [2]

[1] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/061.sbt.html#006.061.577
[2] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/089.sbt.html#009.089.271

Whenever I hear someone say "Islam is a peaceful religion" I cringe.
I cringe because that person has not bothered to do a simple fact check by going to a site on the Qur'an, and doing a search on the terms, "Jew", Christian" "infidel" and others as it comes to mind. I'd also do a search on the word, "innocent" just to look at things from their perspective. You see, anyone can take a class on "Comparative religions", but unless one has read any of the things in the works of any cult, by themselves, and without anyone feeding them pablum, they can see for themselves that this religion instills hatred for Jews, and Christians from the get-go.

It is also a very misogynistic religion. It says it in its readings, and you can see it in their burkas

Here are other Qur'an quotes:

“Whoever offers violence to you, offer you the like violence to him.” 2:190 (Volume 4, Book 53, Number 377 Volume 8, Book 73, Number 111, Volume 9, Book 92, Number 416)

2:276 Volume 5, Book 58, Number 127: Narrated Al-Bara:

I heard the Prophet saying (or the Prophet said), "None loves the Ansar but a believer, and none hates them but a hypocrite. So Allah will love him who loves them, and He will hate him who hates them

Partial Sunan Abu Dawud
Book 40, Number 4582: Narrated AbuDharr:

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: The best of the actions is to love for the sake of Allah and to hate for the sake of Allah.[1]

[1] http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/083.sbt.html#005.058.127

A side note in history is apropos. The Crusades had excesses, as all wars do. However, they were in large measure a “just war” because they were a response to the aggressive expansion of Islam. “…by the incursions of the Seljuk Turks, … that invaded southwestern Asia in the 11th century and eventually founded an empire that included Mesopotamia, Syria, Palestine, and most of Iran. Their advance marked the beginning of Turkish power in the Middle East.” [1]

Their taking of Jerusalem led to the first of five crusades, beginning in 1095. The first crusade melded two ideals: pilgrimage to a holy place, and freedom of access for Christians to go to Jerusalem. The Seljuks were Sunnis, the most numerous of the Islam branches, and they forcibly converted all those in Jerusalem to Islam, and killed those who did not convert.

It is also obvious that the leopard has not changed his spots. Using different technology, groups like the Taliban, and their ilk continue to use force, death and terror to “evangelize“ the extreme agenda as taught in the Qur'an.

[1] Encyclopedia Britannica, electronic edition 2004

Ecclesiastes1:9 What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done, and there is nothing new under the sun. (ESV)​
May God bless all your descendants for your telling of the truth.

What did you learn?, all the peaceful stuff shown on the outside. Sure there are peaceful verses, but you need the full understanding to get the full picture.

Its two faced. Peaceful one verse, hateful the next. Peaceful for one people, hateful towards the others. People can make it as peaceful or hateful as they want. Pick and choose the verses.
And for any to lazy to google the pdf file can be viewed or/and downloaded at https://www.alislam.org/quran/Holy-Quran-English.pdf

You are still avoiding the evidence I provided at #13 that Islam is not a religion of peace, but a religion of shameful violence that we have seen paid out in Paris on 13 November 2015.

When will you admit that the issue with Islam is its core value of eradicating all infidels (non-Muslims) and doing that violently?

Oz
Amen! Making statements uttered to one's as though they are fact without research makes one a completely foolish man.

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Amen and AMEN!

It would be cool if The Most High could just sweep my sin under a rug, then again, a Just God is a Good God, and a Good God is a scary God, knowing only he is Good.. He cannot be half pie, if that was the case, sin would not even be sin at all or have even needed to be known as sin, he just says nothing, just say sorry, and he sweeps it all under a rug, then welcomes everyone to heaven. A good God thats not Just, never heard of it, only a wannabe god like a fallen angel who spreads lies.

Last edited:
yes, there were many imperfect things in the quran or things that turn(ed) out to be imperfect now, that is why there's a need of renewal in the faith of muslims, because muhammad was an innovator in faith, therefore the muslims should also be innovatory in faith seeking what is more and most right/good...

Blessings
muslims do not believe Jesus is the way to be saved. so any renewal or removal of sharia will not be of any real help to them.

It contradicts itself, even the OT and Moses, who ever threw the stones in thoses days broke the commandment. Someone had to throw it right in the Laws punishment right. Whoever did violated the commandments.

?????????????????

Exodus 20:13
Leviticus 20:10

John 8:7

Not one single person has a right to cast a stone, and even if a sinless person, like Jesus, did cast a stone, he would have become sinner breaking the 10 commandments.

Its a lose, lose. Its all invalid.

Islam believes in punishment yet only a hypocrate can cast a stone in judgement.

Last edited:
It's as peaceful as living under the old covenant. It's basically a copy of the old covenant with a few twists here and there. I think that was the intention that it be a competing religion to Judaism because the Jews rejected Mohammed.

Where under the Old Covenant does it state to slaughter all unbelievers?

yes, there were many imperfect things in the quran or things that turn(ed) out to be imperfect now, that is why there's a need of renewal in the faith of muslims, because muhammad was an innovator in faith,

therefore the muslims should also be innovatory in faith seeking what is more and most right/good...

Blessings
I do not quiet understand "renewal of the faith" it sounds like that means they once believed in Jesus which I do not believe they ever did. so Im thinking not renewal but a change of faith. now I may be misunderstanding if so help me out.

This last sentence I separated from your post I agree they should turn from muhammad toward Jesus.
now they are in America where it would be easy to reform but they are not showing reform they are in our courts asking judges to remove American law from their communities and let them live completely under sharia in America. So when a husband beats his wife and she has to go to the hospital American police men have no authority to do anything to the man if they are under sharia law. So they do not appear to be interested in change. if they were they would shed sharia and accept American law like we do. just my view, im often wrong

Not one single person has a right to cast a stone, and even if a sinless person, like Jesus, did cast a stone, he would have become sinner breaking the 10 commandments.
I thought we have a new covenant that replaced those O.T.laws.

Back