Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Israel-Palestine conflict

Why would I argue if you agree with me?

Concerning 'argue', this is a forum...correct?

A forum is for 'debate' for arguing ones point of view as opposed to another's.

A forum is 'not' for everyone whispering sweet nothings so as not to offend. That is nothing but a seed bed for lies.

Sadly, forums have become just that. If you don't believe as the forum's goals believe, you are outta here. That's not a forum. That just a 'yes man' association.

I don't care if I am slandered, mocked, or cursed on a forum. It is to be expected. I can take it. I don't put anyone on ignore. I don't complain to the moderators or staff.

When you say, concerning me, that 'you just want to argue', what you're saying is you have nothing against my argument. And that bothers you.

Quantrill

Arabs were not the “first” to engage in “terrorism”, The Zionists coined the phrase
November 6, 1944. Zionist terrorists of the Stern Gang assassinated the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, Lord Moyne, in Cairo.
July 22, 1946. Zionist terrorists blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem,.,.,killing or injuring more than 200 persons.
October 1, 1946. The British Embassy in Rome was badly damaged by bomb explosions, for which Irgun claimed responsibility.
September 3, 1947. A postal bomb addressed to the British War Office exploded in the post office sorting room in London, injuring 2 persons. It was attributed to Irgun or Stern Gangs. (The Sunday Times, Sept. 24, 1972, p.8)
December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.
December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.
December 13, 1947 -- February 10, 1948. Seven incidents of bomb-tossing at innocent Arab civilians in cafes and markets, killing 138 and wounding 271 others, During this period, there were 9 attacks on Arab buses. Zionists mined passenger trains on at least 4 occasions, killing 93 persons and wounding 161 others.
December 29, 1947. Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs injured, at the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi.
June 1947. Letters sent to British Cabinet Ministers were found to contain bombs.
December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa ; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.
January 4, 1948. Haganah terrorists wearing British Army uniforms penetrated into the center of Jaffa and blew up the Serai (the old Turkish Government House) killing more than 40 persons and wounding 98 others.
January 5, 1948. The Arab-owned Semiramis Hotel in Jerusalem was blown up, killing 20 persons.
March 3, 1948. Heavy damage was done to the Arab-owned Salam building in Haifa by Zionists who drove an army lorry ( truck) up to the building and escaped before the detonation of 400 Ib. of explosives; casualties numbered 11 Arabs and 3 Armenians killed and 23 injured.
March 22, 1948. A housing block in Iraq Street in Haifa was blown up killing 17 and injuring 100 others. Four members of the Stern Gang drove two truck-loads of explosives into the street and abandoned the vehicles before the explosion.
March 31, 1948. The Cairo-Haifa Express was mined, for the second time in a month, by an electronically-detonated land mine near Benyamina, killing 40 persons and wounding 60 others.
May 3, 1948. A book bomb addressed to a British Army officer, who had been stationed in Palestine exploded, killing his brother, Rex Farran.
May11, 1948. A letter bomb addressed to Sir Evelyn Barker, former Commanding Officer in Palestine, was detected in the nick of time by his wife.
Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, has confirmed that the Israeli art students were, in fact, part of a major Israeli intelligence operation and that they were conducting surveillance of the activities of the 9-11 hijackers. They also worked with the Israeli Urban Moving System employees in New Jersey who were seen in at least two Jersey City locations -- Liberty State Park and The Doric apartment building -- celebrating the impact of the first plane into the World Trade Center.

THE ABOVE ARE ALL ACTS OF TERRORISM

Google "IDF shooting children"
IDF SHOOTING CHILDREN - Google Search

Hamas is just trying to defend their own people, period

I do not hate anyone, including Israelis.
I do detest, loath and find repugnant a country that pays its soldier snipers to target children, which the link above proves. I also find it very disturbing to find out that the Israelis were the "FIRST" to use terrorists acts to further their ungodly agenda.
Parts of what you are saying are true. Early on there were factions in Israel using terrorism, but that faded over time. Hamas still fires rockets anywhere and everywhere to constantly target the Israeli population. This is flat out terrorism. Israel does not dig tunnels into Gaza. Gaza digs tunnels into Israel. The photos/videos of the Iron Dome protecting Israeli citizens from massive rocket fire from Gaza, will now be forever etched in the mind of the world. Hamas is bloodthirsty and the images give witness.

Parts of what you are saying are true. Early on there were factions in Israel using terrorism, but that faded over time. Hamas still fires rockets anywhere and everywhere to constantly target the Israeli population. This is flat out terrorism. Israel does not dig tunnels into Gaza. Gaza digs tunnels into Israel. The photos/videos of the Iron Dome protecting Israeli citizens from massive rocket fire from Gaza, will now be forever etched in the mind of the world. Hamas is bloodthirsty and the images give witness.
Hamas is not bloodthirsty, while the Zionists have lived out their existence beginning with the first recorded incidence where Moses murders a man in the street for all to witness. The Egyptians tried to find him but Moses and his followers fled, masking the great exodus.
The Zionists continued to murder and commit terrorists acts all the way up to today, from assassinating a number of people from political leaders to Palestinian children.

daninthelionsdeen, I must ask, why do you support people who are out right murderers and land thieves while lying all the way?

Why--?

Hamas is not bloodthirsty, while the Zionists have lived out their existence beginning with the first recorded incidence where Moses murders a man in the street for all to witness. The Egyptians tried to find him but Moses and his followers fled, masking the great exodus.
The Zionists continued to murder and commit terrorists acts all the way up to today, from assassinating a number of people from political leaders to Palestinian children.

daninthelionsdeen, I must ask, why do you support people who are out right murderers and land thieves while lying all the way?

Why--?
God blesses those who bless His people and curses those who curse His people. Whether I like it or not, whether the whole world likes it or not and whether the Jews act like it or not, they are His people. That is reason enough for me. I've had three bad encounters with Jews and three good encounters with them.

Arabs were not the “first” to engage in “terrorism”, The Zionists coined the phrase
November 6, 1944. Zionist terrorists of the Stern Gang assassinated the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, Lord Moyne, in Cairo.
July 22, 1946. Zionist terrorists blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem,.,.,killing or injuring more than 200 persons.
October 1, 1946. The British Embassy in Rome was badly damaged by bomb explosions, for which Irgun claimed responsibility.
September 3, 1947. A postal bomb addressed to the British War Office exploded in the post office sorting room in London, injuring 2 persons. It was attributed to Irgun or Stern Gangs. (The Sunday Times, Sept. 24, 1972, p.8)
December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.
December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.
December 13, 1947 -- February 10, 1948. Seven incidents of bomb-tossing at innocent Arab civilians in cafes and markets, killing 138 and wounding 271 others, During this period, there were 9 attacks on Arab buses. Zionists mined passenger trains on at least 4 occasions, killing 93 persons and wounding 161 others.
December 29, 1947. Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs injured, at the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi.
June 1947. Letters sent to British Cabinet Ministers were found to contain bombs.
December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa ; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.
January 4, 1948. Haganah terrorists wearing British Army uniforms penetrated into the center of Jaffa and blew up the Serai (the old Turkish Government House) killing more than 40 persons and wounding 98 others.
January 5, 1948. The Arab-owned Semiramis Hotel in Jerusalem was blown up, killing 20 persons.
March 3, 1948. Heavy damage was done to the Arab-owned Salam building in Haifa by Zionists who drove an army lorry ( truck) up to the building and escaped before the detonation of 400 Ib. of explosives; casualties numbered 11 Arabs and 3 Armenians killed and 23 injured.
March 22, 1948. A housing block in Iraq Street in Haifa was blown up killing 17 and injuring 100 others. Four members of the Stern Gang drove two truck-loads of explosives into the street and abandoned the vehicles before the explosion.
March 31, 1948. The Cairo-Haifa Express was mined, for the second time in a month, by an electronically-detonated land mine near Benyamina, killing 40 persons and wounding 60 others.
May 3, 1948. A book bomb addressed to a British Army officer, who had been stationed in Palestine exploded, killing his brother, Rex Farran.
May11, 1948. A letter bomb addressed to Sir Evelyn Barker, former Commanding Officer in Palestine, was detected in the nick of time by his wife.
Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, has confirmed that the Israeli art students were, in fact, part of a major Israeli intelligence operation and that they were conducting surveillance of the activities of the 9-11 hijackers. They also worked with the Israeli Urban Moving System employees in New Jersey who were seen in at least two Jersey City locations -- Liberty State Park and The Doric apartment building -- celebrating the impact of the first plane into the World Trade Center.

THE ABOVE ARE ALL ACTS OF TERRORISM

Google "IDF shooting children"
IDF SHOOTING CHILDREN - Google Search

Hamas is just trying to defend their own people, period

I do not hate anyone, including Israelis.
I do detest, loath and find repugnant a country that pays its soldier snipers to target children, which the link above proves. I also find it very disturbing to find out that the Israelis were the "FIRST" to use terrorists acts to further their ungodly agenda.

I don’t know about trusting Google or even the MSM to report accurately what’s going on over there.

Here’s what I do know.

• Israel has the right to protect its citizens.
  • God gave the land of Israel to the descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, who was renamed by God, Israel.

The land of Israel is the “promised land”, not to the Palestinians or Arabs, but to the Jews.

The best thing the Arabs can do is leave Israel alone.

It doesn’t work out to well for those who fight against them.

JLB

God blesses those who bless His people and curses those who curse His people. Whether I like it or not, whether the whole world likes it or not and whether the Jews act like it or not, they are His people. That is reason enough for me. I've had three bad encounters with Jews and three good encounters with them.
Not exactly.

The Jews ceased to be His people due to their rejection of Jesus. Read Rom 11:16-24. The ethnic Jews were the nation of God, but only those who believed in Jesus remained a part of the "tree". Those who did not believe (the vast majority of them, even today) were cut off from the "tree". The Gentiles who believed were grafted into the "tree", and those Gentiles who do not believe are not grafted into the "tree".

So then, the People of God are the Church. That is "Israel" today. Not the ethnic, physical descendants of Jacob.

Not exactly.

The Jews ceased to be His people due to their rejection of Jesus. Read Rom 11:16-24. The ethnic Jews were the nation of God, but only those who believed in Jesus remained a part of the "tree". Those who did not believe (the vast majority of them, even today) were cut off from the "tree". The Gentiles who believed were grafted into the "tree", and those Gentiles who do not believe are not grafted into the "tree".

So then, the People of God are the Church. That is "Israel" today. Not the ethnic, physical descendants of Jacob.
I don't believe in Replacement Theology, so that won't dissuade me from supporting them.

I don't believe in Replacement Theology, so that won't dissuade me from supporting them.
There is no "replacement". The believing Jews are still the core branches of the tree that is the Body of Christ (Israel). But the unbelieving Jews have been cut off from the Body, and the believing Gentiles have been grafted into the Body. There is only ONE Body. I am today as much a part of "Israel" as Paul, or Peter, or Cornelius. That is what Rom 11 is saying. The Church is not a "replacement" of Israel; it is the continued growth of Israel.

the Jews act like it or not, they are His people.
This is a classic case of not being able to see the trees for da forest.

God's chosen.
(Deu 7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
(Deu 7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people
God gave them specific instructions on how to live their lives
(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.
(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.hose them.
(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

The term “stranger” is referenced 128 times in the Bible; but the Jews did not listen. (Maybe they just could not read)

In God’s disgust, He scattered them.

(Jer 24:9 KJV) And I will deliver them to be removed into all the kingdoms of the earth for their hurt, to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse, in all places whither I shall drive them.

In God’s forgiving way, He gathers them.
(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

This occurred in 1947ad

God is now judging His chosen for the last time—

25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.
32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

THE END
(:-

Last edited:
Israel was a person, not a place
King James Bible
And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.

You think it’s bad now, wait till He returns.

Here’s what the Lord Jesus is going to do when He returns to Israel;
to Jerusalem.

Then the LORD will go forth
And fight against those nations,
As He fights in the day of battle…
And this shall be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem:
Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet,
Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets,
And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths.
Zechariah 14:3,12

Again, The best thing the Arabs can do is leave Israel alone.

The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life,
To turn one away from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27

JLB

I don’t know about trusting Google or even the MSM to report accurately what’s going on over there.

Here’s what I do know.

• Israel has the right to protect its citizens.
True
  • God gave the land of Israel to the descendants of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, who was renamed by God, Israel.
Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,
Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;
Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.
Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:
Genesis 50:13 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.
Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.
The Israeli's claim the land they now occupy the homeland of the Israelites while their great leaders were buried elsewhere; Israel, Isaac, Rebekah, Abraham, Leah and Sarah were not buried in the land we now call "Israel" but in a land called Canaan which was beyond the Jordan river.

The land of Israel is the “promised land”, not to the Palestinians or Arabs, but to the Jews.
Promised Land
“Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.
Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day
Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west.
The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the
Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab
The best thing the Arabs can do is leave Israel alone.
The best thing the Israelis can do is the following—

(1) Repent
(2) Ask the Lord for forgiveness for their sins
(3) Welcome all as one of their own

If not, the Lord will not forgive them, including you JLB

If they do not do the above, this is what comes next
25 And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end,
27 I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until he come whose right it is; and I will give it him.
29 Whiles they see vanity unto thee, whiles they divine a lie unto thee, to bring thee upon the necks of them that are slain, of the wicked, whose day is come, when their iniquity shall have an end.
30 Shall I cause it to return into his sheath? I will judge thee in the place where thou wast created, in the land of thy nativity.
31 And I will pour out mine indignation upon thee, I will blow against thee in the fire of my wrath, and deliver thee into the hand of brutish men, and skilful to destroy.

32 Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

True

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,
Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;
Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.
Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:
Genesis 50:13 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.
Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.
The Israeli's claim the land they now occupy the homeland of the Israelites while their great leaders were buried elsewhere; Israel, Isaac, Rebekah, Abraham, Leah and Sarah were not buried in the land we now call "Israel" but in a land called Canaan which was beyond the Jordan river.

Promised Land
“Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.
Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west.
The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab

The best thing the Israelis can do is the following—

(1) Repent
(2) Ask the Lord for forgiveness for their sins
(3) Welcome all as one of their own

If not, the Lord will not forgive them, including you JLB

If they do not do the above, this is what comes next

Moab/Moabites, by the meaning of their very name, were known as a perverse people and it is no wonder they fell away into the scrap heap of history.

If we look at the current situation, it is clear that God mandated the return of the Jews to the land of Israel in 1948. If you look up scripture you will see that God promised the land in perpetuity and once there no one would take it from them. I believe that the Jews have an inbuilt reaction to defending themselves as a result. They know that the land is theirs and as a result God will defend them.

The history of the Jews in scripture makes it very clear that even if they do the wrong thing, God does not abandon them and they are still Jews, God's chosen people. Even whewn they went into captivity, God did not abandon them because he brought them up out of captivity and put them back where they belonged. So to say they are only God's chosen people if they do the right thing is not backed by evidence.

Any people who are committed to the wiping out of another nation are a terrorist organisation. If they are not then ISIS is not a terrorist organisation and we all know that is not the case. Hamas and Fatah continually fight the Jews because they are committed to wiping out the Jews. The hatred for them goes right back to Sarah and Hagar and the fact that Ishmael was cast out in favour of Issac who was the son of Sarah. Now the decendants of Ishmael want to cast out the descendants of Issac.

Because the land was given to the Jews, there will never be a two state solution because there was never meant to be. God decides so the Palestinians can claim what they want but they are not going to get it. Their constant attacks on the Jews is and always will be a lost cause. You may side with the Palestinians and hate the Jews but that will change nothing and you can accuse the Jews of whatever you want, but you will not change history or the facts or what God has decreed.

If you fight the Jews you are fighting God. And we know who is going to win that one. The scripture is very clear that if you bless the Jews God will bless you. Shouting from the rooftops that they are terrorists isn't going to endear you to God that is for sure.

It did not help that Jordan went back on their word when Israel was declared a nation in 1948. Jordan promised that any Palestinian who was displaced as a result of the Jews taking over Israel would be repatriated by Jordan as it was their offcial home anyway. The Palestinians were Hashemites as are the Jordanians.

However, when push comes to shove when the Jews took over the land, the Jordanian government closed the doors to the Palestinians and refused to let them into Jordan.

Israel was a person, not a place
King James Bible
And God said unto him, Thy name is Jacob: thy name shall not be called any more Jacob, but Israel shall be thy name: and he called his name Israel.
Israel started out as a person (Jacob).
But then became a nation of people (the children of Jacob).
Then Jesus was referred to as Israel (Matt 2:11 referring back to Hosea 11:1).
Then, in Rom 11, God describes the nation of Israel as a tree. The branches of that tree that believe in Jesus will remain on the tree, but any branch that does not believe in Jesus will be cut off (no longer be part of the tree, no longer be "Israel"). And from the Gentiles, any person who does believe in Jesus will be grafted into the tree as a new branch. This makes the new branch part of the tree. That means that the Church is made up of a bunch of branches that are part of Israel. The Church IS Israel (not all of it, but since there are so few Jews who believe, the Gentile portion makes up the majority of the tree today). There are still some Jewish believers today who are the "native" branches of the tree. But all the unbelieving Jews today are cut off from the tree and no longer count as part of the "tree" of Israel.

Israel started out as a person (Jacob).
But then became a nation of people (the children of Jacob).
Then Jesus was referred to as Israel (Matt 2:11 referring back to Hosea 11:1).
Then, in Rom 11, God describes the nation of Israel as a tree. The branches of that tree that believe in Jesus will remain on the tree, but any branch that does not believe in Jesus will be cut off (no longer be part of the tree, no longer be "Israel"). And from the Gentiles, any person who does believe in Jesus will be grafted into the tree as a new branch. This makes the new branch part of the tree. That means that the Church is made up of a bunch of branches that are part of Israel. The Church IS Israel (not all of it, but since there are so few Jews who believe, the Gentile portion makes up the majority of the tree today). There are still some Jewish believers today who are the "native" branches of the tree. But all the unbelieving Jews today are cut off from the tree and no longer count as part of the "tree" of Israel.

The Church is not Israel. In (Rom. 11) Israel is not the tree. Both Israel and the Church are branches. (Rom. 11:18-21)

Quantrill

The Church is not Israel. In (Rom. 11) Israel is not the tree. Both Israel and the Church are branches. (Rom. 11:18-21)

Quantrill
Individuals are branches, not families, not nations, individuals. The individuals of Israel, and the individuals of the Church, are branches. Jacob back through Adam are the tree (the people of God, Israel) and the root is God.
Unbelieving branches of the Jews (natural branches) are cut off from the tree, and believing branches of the Gentiles (unnatural branches) are grafted in.
Any of those branches (natural or unnatural) can be cut off again if they turn (return) to unbelief.
If a branch is cut off from the tree, it is no longer part of the tree, but is waste that is thrown into the fire and burned (Hell).
If an unnatural branch is grafted in, it becomes part of the tree, taking its nourishment from the root, and is part of the whole.
Since the tree is Israel (the people of God), then the Church (Gentiles that have been grafted in) are Israel.

Today there are many more unnatural branches than there are natural branches attached to the tree, but the whole of the tree is still Israel.
The Church has not "replaced" the Jews as "Israel". The Church is a part of "Israel".

Individuals are branches, not families, not nations, individuals. The individuals of Israel, and the individuals of the Church, are branches. Jacob back through Adam are the tree (the people of God, Israel) and the root is God.
Unbelieving branches of the Jews (natural branches) are cut off from the tree, and believing branches of the Gentiles (unnatural branches) are grafted in.
Any of those branches (natural or unnatural) can be cut off again if they turn (return) to unbelief.
If a branch is cut off from the tree, it is no longer part of the tree, but is waste that is thrown into the fire and burned (Hell).
If an unnatural branch is grafted in, it becomes part of the tree, taking its nourishment from the root, and is part of the whole.
Since the tree is Israel (the people of God), then the Church (Gentiles that have been grafted in) are Israel.

Today there are many more unnatural branches than there are natural branches attached to the tree, but the whole of the tree is still Israel.
The Church has not "replaced" the Jews as "Israel". The Church is a part of "Israel".

I disagree.

The Church is not Israel nor is it part of Israel. Both the Church and Israel are distinct bodies of believers. Both are part of the family of God.

The contrast in (Rom 11) is between Gentiles and Israel. (Rom. 11:7) (11:13) God has blinded Israel, but only temporarily, until the fullness of the Gentiles is complete. It is not about individuals.

This blinding of Israel, the natural branches, is proof that we are contrasting Israel with Gentiles. (Rom. 11:25) For some Jews do come to Christ. But the nation as a whole has been blinded. And the way opened for the Gentiles.

Israel is the wife of the Father and has an earthly inheritance. The Church at present is the bride of the Son, with an heavenly inheritance. (Jer. 3:14) (Jer. 3:1-10) (2 Cor. 11:2) (Eph. 5:25-27)

To merge these two distinct bodies together is to make the Father and the Son adulterers. The Father has a wife. And the Son will have a wife.

Quantrill

I disagree.

The Church is not Israel nor is it part of Israel. Both the Church and Israel are distinct bodies of believers. Both are part of the family of God.

The contrast in (Rom 11) is between Gentiles and Israel. (Rom. 11:7) (11:13) God has blinded Israel, but only temporarily, until the fullness of the Gentiles is complete. It is not about individuals.

This blinding of Israel, the natural branches, is proof that we are contrasting Israel with Gentiles. (Rom. 11:25) For some Jews do come to Christ. But the nation as a whole has been blinded. And the way opened for the Gentiles.

Israel is the wife of the Father and has an earthly inheritance. The Church at present is the bride of the Son, with an heavenly inheritance. (Jer. 3:14) (Jer. 3:1-10) (2 Cor. 11:2) (Eph. 5:25-27)

To merge these two distinct bodies together is to make the Father and the Son adulterers. The Father has a wife. And the Son will have a wife.

Quantrill
There is no longer any distinction between Jew and Gentile (Gal 3:28-29, Eph 2:11-22). There is no difference. They are both the same bride.

Back