Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Israel-Palestine conflict

Israel was a he not a she.
28Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, e because you have truggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”
http://biblehub.com/genesis/32-28.htm

Nations are viewed as 'she'.

Why didn't you answer my question? How do you view the book of (Joshua) in the Bible and how that God ordered the complete destruction of the Canaanites, Palestinians, in that land of Palestine?

If you don't answer, that is an answer.

Why are people on this forum scared to answer a question?

Quantrill

Nations are viewed as 'she'.

Why didn't you answer my question? How do you view the book of (Joshua) in the Bible and how that God ordered the complete destruction of the Canaanites, Palestinians, in that land of Palestine?

If you don't answer, that is an answer.

Why are people on this forum scared to answer a question?

Quantrill
Hmmmm. Could it be that even when people agree with you in part, you still want to argue??

Hmmmm. Could it be that even when people agree with you in part, you still want to argue??

Why would I argue if you agree with me?

Concerning 'argue', this is a forum...correct?

A forum is for 'debate' for arguing ones point of view as opposed to another's.

A forum is 'not' for everyone whispering sweet nothings so as not to offend. That is nothing but a seed bed for lies.

Sadly, forums have become just that. If you don't believe as the forum's goals believe, you are outta here. That's not a forum. That just a 'yes man' association.

I don't care if I am slandered, mocked, or cursed on a forum. It is to be expected. I can take it. I don't put anyone on ignore. I don't complain to the moderators or staff.

When you say, concerning me, that 'you just want to argue', what you're saying is you have nothing against my argument. And that bothers you.

Quantrill

The God I know world never order the killing/murder of anyone, period.
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Ten Commandments

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

6. Thou shalt not kill. (murder)

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Last edited:
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Ten Commandments

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

So, what are you saying. The book of (Joshua) doesn't belong in the Bible? Or the Bible itself is not the Word of God?

Quantrill

I do not care where Hamas is getting its funding. Hamas is not a terrorist organization, ISRAEL IS!!!!

Israel as a nation is not a terrorist organization. There may be factions within the government, just as there are factions within the government of the US that are subversive.

Hamas is a terrorist organization who goal is to destroy the nation of Israel, and to drive the Jewish people from the land that God promised to Abraham, not Ishmael.

Your hatred of Israel has blinded you.

Don‘t get me wrong, Israeli Intelligence agencies such as Mossad and others that many don’t know about are just as corrupt as our CIA and NSA...

This does not mean that “Israel” is a terrorist organization.

JLB

Please learn the difference between murder and protecting the citizens of your nation. The government of any nation is responsible for protecting its citizens.

At the same time, there are corrupt people working within the Intelligence agencies of Israel, as well as the US, who are controlled by Globalists who desire to see World War III begin sooner rather than later.

JLB

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”
Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him.
Acts 5:3-6

• Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last.

JLB

Why would I argue if you agree with me?

Concerning 'argue', this is a forum...correct?

A forum is for 'debate' for arguing ones point of view as opposed to another's.
Then why do you argue and use sarcasm when others do not agree with you. This Christian forum is for the building up and edifying one another even though we do not always agree. It is not an "I am right, you are wrong" forum, but one that we share our understanding of scripture as we use the scriptures so others can go study them for themselves and come to their own understanding through the Holy Spirit, not mans doctrines and theologies. None of us are perfect, nor does any of us hold full understanding of everything written in the Bible. We are all on a path of learning as we share our beliefs with each other and discuss like mature adults our indifferences.

The word of God should never be debated and argued, but to be understood within the full context of the scriptures. We may not always agree, but that's alright, but we all need to be teachable and opened for correction when needed for that is how we grow in knowledge and wisdom given by the Holy Spirit who will always reveal truth.

Unity of love is the goal for CF as explained within the ToS (Terms of Service) and the Statement of Faith that provides a guideline that we love one another as Christ loves us. If you want to argue and debate the word of God and continue in your sarcastic replies then maybe you should find another forum that puts up with such nonsense. We are here to learn and share with each other. We all need to be opened for correction when the Holy Spirit gives it to us.

Then why do you argue and use sarcasm when others do not agree with you. This Christian forum is for the building up and edifying one another even though we do not always agree. It is not an "I am right, you are wrong" forum, but one that we share our understanding of scripture as we use the scriptures so others can go study them for themselves and come to their own understanding through the Holy Spirit, not mans doctrines and theologies. None of us are perfect, nor does any of us hold full understanding of everything written in the Bible. We are all on a path of learning as we share our beliefs with each other and discuss like mature adults our indifferences.

The word of God should never be debated and argued, but to be understood within the full context of the scriptures. We may not always agree, but that's alright, but we all need to be teachable and opened for correction when needed for that is how we grow in knowledge and wisdom given by the Holy Spirit who will always reveal truth.

Unity of love is the goal for CF as explained within the ToS (Terms of Service) and the Statement of Faith that provides a guideline that we love one another as Christ loves us. If you want to argue and debate the word of God and continue in your sarcastic replies then maybe you should find another forum that puts up with such nonsense. We are here to learn and share with each other. We all need to be opened for correction when the Holy Spirit gives it to us.

Your question is strange to me. To argue is to debate. If you do not agree with me, then I argue and debate. I seldom use sarcasm unless the debate becomes aggressive toward me. I seldom become the aggressor at the start. I am really more of a defender than an aggressor.

Well, I believe the same. The Scripture should be understood within the full context of Scripture. Yet, you and I differ quite often. Why? Because we interpret the Scripture differently. Thus we argue and debate. Have you come over to my way of understanding the Scripture? No. Have I come over to yours? No? So which one of us is not trying to understand the Scripture?

Nonsense? I disagree. Do you think Jesus ever argued and debated with the religious leaders of His day. Sure you do. It started when He was 12. And oh how that peaceful Jesus just won all those religious leaders hearts over. Right? His constant arguments and debates with them changed them. Right? Maybe some. But, it eventually had Him nailed to the Cross.

Quantrill

Who fired the first rocket?
It is somewhat surprising that christians and others choose to ignore the facts and put their own spin on things. Since 1948, when Israel became a nation again, there have been I think seven wars that Israel has been invovled in. Everyone of them was started by the enemy of Israel and not one of them was won by the enemy of Israel. Israel has triumphed in every case and will continue to do so.

The curent conflict just finished was started by Hamas which is a terrorist organization that wants to see Israel wiped off the face of the earth. Hamas is backed by Iran and financed by them. Israel has never started a war with their enemies. They have always responded to the attacks on them.

The fact that civilians die is due to the heartlessness of Hamas who place their armanents amongs the civilian population of Gaza. They have admitted to doing this because it makes Israel look bad and it give Hamas victim mentality. When Israel GAVE the Gaza Strip to the Palenstinians it was a peaceful and prosperous land.

When Hamas took over the government it became a war zone because of their constant attacks on Israel. Money was sent to the Palestinians to help them establish themselves in the Gaza but Hamas took the money and spent it on arms, hence the poverty that is prevelant in Gaza.

Hamas which is a terrorist organization that does the bidding of Iran, has one aim and purpose. The total annihilation of Israel. But it will never happen because God gave them the Land of Israel in perpetuity so they are there to stay. As for the two state solution, forget it as it will never happen.

In fact, the original Israel is bigger than what it is today, so the Jews have some more land that they have to take over.

Ten Commandments

Murder is significantly different from killing. There are many times when killing is not only permissible, but commanded by God (and sometimes even done by God Himself).
But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself? While it remained, was it not your own? And after it was sold, was it not in your own control? Why have you conceived this thing in your heart? You have not lied to men but to God.”
Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last. So great fear came upon all those who heard these things. And the young men arose and wrapped him up, carried him out, and buried him.
Acts 5:3-6
  • Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last.
JLB
This is a great example of God executing justice Himself, but there are also times when God commanded killing on a massive scale.
1 Sam 15:2-3 - "I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

God did indeed command the killing not only of the soldiers, but also of the civilian men, the women, the children, the new born (nursing) baby, the animals, the pets, everything that belonged to the Amelekites. Was this murder? No, it was executing the justice of the King.

God also commanded that if a person killed (by accident or deliberately), then a family member of the killed person had the right (and God permission) to avenge the dead on that person (kill them), and the "avenger of blood" was not guilty of any wrong doing. (Num 35:26-27)

Murder is significantly different from killing. There are many times when killing is not only permissible, but commanded by God (and sometimes even done by God Himself).

This is a great example of God executing justice Himself, but there are also times when God commanded killing on a massive scale.
1 Sam 15:2-3 - "I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he ambushed him on the way when he came up from Egypt. Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

God did indeed command the killing not only of the soldiers, but also of the civilian men, the women, the children, the new born (nursing) baby, the animals, the pets, everything that belonged to the Amelekites. Was this murder? No, it was executing the justice of the King.

God also commanded that if a person killed (by accident or deliberately), then a family member of the killed person had the right (and God permission) to avenge the dead on that person (kill them), and the "avenger of blood" was not guilty of any wrong doing. (Num 35:26-27)

We better be aligned with God and His will if we kill any anyone.

Even hating someone is considered murder.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB

We better be aligned with God and His will if we kill any anyone.

Even hating someone is considered murder.

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

JLB
Certainly. I am not saying that the OT laws continue to be in effect today, nor am I saying that revenge is something we should be seeking.

I was simply refuting the idea that kathydixon put forth, that "The God I know world never order the killing/murder of anyone, period." God does kill, and He also commanded His people to kill.

Certainly. I am not saying that the OT laws continue to be in effect today, nor am I saying that revenge is something we should be seeking.

I was simply refuting the idea that kathydixon put forth, that "The God I know world never order the killing/murder of anyone, period." God does kill, and He also commanded His people to kill.

I get your point. It was well made. :thumbsup

JLB

Israel as a nation is not a terrorist organization. There may be factions within the government, just as there are factions within the government of the US that are subversive.
Arabs were not the “first” to engage in “terrorism”, The Zionists coined the phrase
November 6, 1944. Zionist terrorists of the Stern Gang assassinated the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, Lord Moyne, in Cairo.
July 22, 1946. Zionist terrorists blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem,.,.,killing or injuring more than 200 persons.
October 1, 1946. The British Embassy in Rome was badly damaged by bomb explosions, for which Irgun claimed responsibility.
September 3, 1947. A postal bomb addressed to the British War Office exploded in the post office sorting room in London, injuring 2 persons. It was attributed to Irgun or Stern Gangs. (The Sunday Times, Sept. 24, 1972, p.8)
December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.
December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.
December 13, 1947 -- February 10, 1948. Seven incidents of bomb-tossing at innocent Arab civilians in cafes and markets, killing 138 and wounding 271 others, During this period, there were 9 attacks on Arab buses. Zionists mined passenger trains on at least 4 occasions, killing 93 persons and wounding 161 others.
December 29, 1947. Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs injured, at the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi.
June 1947. Letters sent to British Cabinet Ministers were found to contain bombs.
December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa ; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.
January 4, 1948. Haganah terrorists wearing British Army uniforms penetrated into the center of Jaffa and blew up the Serai (the old Turkish Government House) killing more than 40 persons and wounding 98 others.
January 5, 1948. The Arab-owned Semiramis Hotel in Jerusalem was blown up, killing 20 persons.
March 3, 1948. Heavy damage was done to the Arab-owned Salam building in Haifa by Zionists who drove an army lorry ( truck) up to the building and escaped before the detonation of 400 Ib. of explosives; casualties numbered 11 Arabs and 3 Armenians killed and 23 injured.
March 22, 1948. A housing block in Iraq Street in Haifa was blown up killing 17 and injuring 100 others. Four members of the Stern Gang drove two truck-loads of explosives into the street and abandoned the vehicles before the explosion.
March 31, 1948. The Cairo-Haifa Express was mined, for the second time in a month, by an electronically-detonated land mine near Benyamina, killing 40 persons and wounding 60 others.
May 3, 1948. A book bomb addressed to a British Army officer, who had been stationed in Palestine exploded, killing his brother, Rex Farran.
May11, 1948. A letter bomb addressed to Sir Evelyn Barker, former Commanding Officer in Palestine, was detected in the nick of time by his wife.
Israeli intelligence service, Mossad, has confirmed that the Israeli art students were, in fact, part of a major Israeli intelligence operation and that they were conducting surveillance of the activities of the 9-11 hijackers. They also worked with the Israeli Urban Moving System employees in New Jersey who were seen in at least two Jersey City locations -- Liberty State Park and The Doric apartment building -- celebrating the impact of the first plane into the World Trade Center.

THE ABOVE ARE ALL ACTS OF TERRORISM

Google "IDF shooting children"
IDF SHOOTING CHILDREN - Google Search
Hamas is a terrorist organization who goal is to destroy the nation of Israel, and to drive the Jewish people from the land that God promised to Abraham, not Ishmael.
Hamas is just trying to defend their own people, period
Your hatred of Israel has blinded you.
I do not hate anyone, including Israelis.
I do detest, loath and find repugnant a country that pays its soldier snipers to target children, which the link above proves. I also find it very disturbing to find out that the Israelis were the "FIRST" to use terrorists acts to further their ungodly agenda.

Doug Brents left out Passover, where more were killed (murdered) than in any other place in biblical text.

Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?

(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

The above verses were written by man, not God.
You will find some verses were written with a true felling of God’s holly spirit while others were written to further an unjust cause. I can tell the difference; I pray you Doug Brents can too.

Last edited:
Doug Brents left out Passover, where more were killed (murdered) than in any other place in biblical text.

The above verses were written by man, not God. You will find some verses were written with a true felling of God’s holly spirit while others were written to further an unjust cause. I can tell the difference; I pray you Doug Brents can too.
You are saying that not all of what we call the Bible is inspired of God? It is not God's words put down by "ghost writers" (men) through whom God put His words into written form?

I completely disagree. Every single word (in the original text) was/is God's words, God's thoughts, and God's commands to us. In translations, there may be man's bias introduced (which is why we still study the original texts and don't rely on translations exclusively), but through a thorough study of Scripture (the Bible) and through prayer, we can be guided by the Holy Spirit to the truth that is God's Word.

As an aside, the people at passover (and also the ones killed in 2 Kings 19:35), were not "murdered". They were executed. There is a difference.

Murder -
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
verb
kill (someone) unlawfully and with premeditation.

Execute -
carry out a sentence of death on (a legally condemned person).

God cannot "murder". One, He is not human. Two, He is the ultimate "governmental" authority with regards to law (what is right and wrong). So when He determines that someone is worthy of instant death, that person is "a legally condemned person", so the death is not "unlawful" and He is completely within His authority to carry out the sentence of death whenever He chooses.

Back