Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Issue with O.S.A.S

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Oats

Hi, I have a problem. My pastor preaches O.S.A.S sermons...I don't know what to do. Should I ask him to explain it to me?

What is the theology behind O.S.A.S.

Oats said:
Hi, I have a problem. My pastor preaches O.S.A.S sermons...I don't know what to do. Should I ask him to explain it to me?

You should find another church. One that teaches the truth of scripture, and obedience to Christ.

watchman F said:
Oats said:

You should find another church. One that teaches the truth of scripture, and obedience to Christ.

I've developed relationships with people there...It could be a misunderstanding. He does believe in hell. And I have social anxiety. It would be hard for me.

Maybe I should talk to him. Give me a scripture that contradict O.S.A.S .....I have bible study tonight

Oats said:
watchman F said:
Oats said:

I've developed relationships with people there...It could be a misunderstanding. He does believe in hell. And I have social anxiety. It would be hard for me.

Maybe I should talk to him. Give me a scripture that contradict O.S.A.S .....I have bible study tonight
I understand your relationships, and you anxiety, and your right OSAS believers do believe in Hell. As far as giving your scripture that disprove it, I do not think it would work, and you might get ostracized by your congregation for not going along with their pet doctrine. Do a search through the threads in this forum alone. Those that accept this false teaching are not swayed by the truth of scripture. If i were you I would ask God for guidance in this particular situation.

Oats said:

Hi

May I ask why you think you can loose your salvation ?

Mysteryman said:
Oats said:

Hi

I posted this thread not to deny O.S.A.S but to find out more about it....can you give me some verses :study

Oats said:

See how he "explains" his way out of 2 Peter 2:20-22. Note carefully, this man was saved - had escaped the pollutions of the world through Jesus Christ - then fell away, being WORSE OFF than if he had never been saved...

Let us know what he says...

Regards

Oats said:
Mysteryman said:
Oats said:

Hi

I posted this thread not to deny O.S.A.S but to find out more about it....can you give me some verses :study

Hi

Sure, but be assured there will be others that will disagree.

To start out with, I do not especially like the letter "O" , as if to indicate the word - "Once".

Saved , always saved. You see, I believe in predestination, which is totally in line with all scripture - Ephesians 1:3 - 18

Salvation is a gift , by grace - Ephesians 2:8, and not of works lest any man should boast - Ephesians 2:9

This salvation is also a free gift by the grace of God - Romans 5:15

Why don't we start here, and see how it goes from here.

Oats said:
But can we ever really stop sinning

I have some prayer to do
well, whether we can or cannot stop sinning is a different subject all together. OSAS teaches just that Once you are Saved You can never turn from your faith and back into habitual unrepentant sin, and or if you do you are still saved. This is absolutely not true. OSAS is a very dangerous false doctrine. Here are some scripture that show you can turn from your faith.

Romans 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Colossian 1
21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Hebrews 6
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

2nd Peter 2
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

The fact is to get into Heaven we must endure until the end, keep our faith until our deaths or Christs return. I will give scripture for that truth on my next post do not want to overload you with scripture in this one.

Peter quotes proverbs...."Fool returning to his Folly"

So I can lose my salvation. How does this happen? :verysad

Oats said:

If we are not faithful to Jesus until the end, we will lose it.

Oats said:
shad said:
Oats said:

If we are not faithful to Jesus until the end, we will lose it.

What do you mean by that? :shrug
What we must do to remain saved is simple. Just keep believing on, and trusting in Jesus. Keep loving Him, obeying Him, and serving Him as Lord.

Oats said:

Returning to a life of perdition without repentance. Usually, this is a gradual thing. One sin in little matters ..."oh, God won't mind if I do that"... and this sort of justification of sinful action grows into bigger things... "God wants me to have that, he is a sinner, so I should take it from that sinner". When a person gets to that point, you can see they won't repent, because they have convinced themselves that they are still good with God and aren't doing anything wrong - whether by following false doctrine like OSAS, or by self-justification that builds upon a conscience that no longer speaks out.

Regards

Oats said:
So in other words we cant sin...?

Jesus' servants should strive to be holy and righteous because they are representatives of Jesus. Jesus says nothing is impossible with God's help.

Oats,

The anger of those who would deny us the security of Assurance should be a sign to the curious.

Ephesians 1:

13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.

Take this passage however you like.

Only those who hate Assurance call it “O.S.A.S.†They apparently don’t understand it. They seem to refuse to understand it. The concept is that the Holy Spirit will effectively guide and protect the elect, and effectively see them through their sanctification. This promise is repeated throughout the N.T. It is the behavior we would expect of a "Good Shepherd". He will loose none of His sheep.

-HisSheep

Oats said:
So in other words we cant sin...?
Well if we are truly saved we wouldn't want to sin, but if we do we have an advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous and if we repent He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. The problem with OSAS is they have no need to repent or live righteously after all they are eternally secure no matter what they do.

Back