Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It's Snowing!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
We got our first snow today... 20% of the time, I am moved at how beautiful it is. 80% of the time I look at it with disgust.
I hear ya, but yet we choose to live where it snows. Got three inches last night from the Erie Lake effect then it took a break and snowing again. The first covering is pretty and Christmas snow is pretty, but not looking forward to this. Last years snow when we got a foot of snow in one day as you can read the 12 on the ruler.

View attachment 5334

It's 5 degrees (F) below zero.

schild_0012.gif

Sunny and warm enough to sit outside for work. Leaves keep falling on my keyboard and into my coffee, and the wifi connection is horrible, but at least I get fresh air and sunlight.

I want my outdoor job back. :-( Anyone have any idea what areas of work require you to be outside almost all of the time, even in winter? I'd apply for a job there immediately.

Sunny and warm enough to sit outside for work. Leaves keep falling on my keyboard and into my coffee, and the wifi connection is horrible, but at least I get fresh air and sunlight.

I want my outdoor job back. :-( Anyone have any idea what areas of work require you to be outside almost all of the time, even in winter? I'd apply for a job there immediately.

Not typical girl jobs, but then, you're not a typical girl, lol. :)
So (I always think in mind of people going in business for themselves, I can't help it!) so how about a combination business where you get a pickup truck, and put a snow blade on it? Then you could get you one of those self propelled lawn mowers also and go do commercial building care. Mow the grass for them in the summer, plow the parking lot for them in the winter. It really wouldn't take all that much. A couple pieces of equipment, some insurance and business cards. You have a good head, you could run a business easily.

Or you could hire you some girls and do house cleaning service and even perhaps construction clean up. They'd be doing the work, you'd be driving around spot checking them, giving them support and attaining more business. Just a thought.

It's 10 C (50 F) in Reykjavik right now, partly cloudy and calm.

The TOG​
50°! That's 'garden of Eden' temperature! I envy you.

I get you and Gary mixed up. One is an ape, the other is a penguin. I think it's because both your names are spelled with letters of the alphabet.....yeah, that's it.

Back