Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study It's That Time of Year Beware

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
HALLOWEEN

Allowing children to participate in the celebration of Halloween may appear to be quite harmless on the surface, but the spiritual implications are far from Christian. In today's world, fortune-telling, Ouija boards, ESP, telepathy, horoscopes, voodoo, clairvoyance, yoga, hypnosis, magic, transcendental meditation, Eastern religions, reincarnation, metaphysics and many other practices are expressly forbidden in Scripture. They are related to the occult and satanic forces. Therefore believers should have nothing to do with them. Note the following Scriptures:

"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:31)

"Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance" (1 Chronicles 10:13)

"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you." "A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads." "I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people." (Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Leviticus 20:27, 20:6)

The Bible very clearly instructs Christians to have nothing to do with the practices of darkness. Halloween is a rite with pagan, demonic roots. The Celtic people, who lived over 2,000 years ago, feared the evening of October 31st more than any other day of the year. It was the eve of the lord of the Dead. To celebrate, the people built bonfires, wore masks and costumes in order to prepare for the arrival of spirits. Fire rituals and divination were part of their celebration. Pagan priests even offered human and animal sacrifices.

WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?
"'Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God." - Leviticus 19:31

"There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, or who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or one who calls up the dead." - Deuteronomy 18:10-11

"The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so." - Deuteronomy 18:14

"He sacrificed his sons in the fire in the Valley of Ben Hinnom, practiced sorcery, divination and witchcraft, and consulted mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the eyes of the LORD, provoking him to anger." - 2 Chronicles 33:6

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good." - Romans 12:9

"Avoid every kind of evil." - 1 Thessalonians 5:22

"Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God." - 3 John 1:11

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men." - Matthew 5:13

"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing." - 2 Corinthians 2:15

"This is what the LORD says: Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them. For the customs of the peoples are worthless; they cut a tree out of the forest, and a craftsman shapes it with his chisel." - Jeremiah 10:2-3

"My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge." - Hosea 4:6, 7

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children. For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them." - Ephesians 5:1, 8-11

Is it only about the candy..........or is it deeper than that. You be the judge of what you allow your children to participate in.

Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Lent and the like are all thorns in the side of the Christian community. I guess the general consensus is that if these worldly holidays were "Christianized" then it's akin to an evil person converting to righteousness and thus these holidays receive a blessing of sorts. Yes, I have problems with them too and rather worship (and rest) on the weekly Sabbath and observe the feast days of Leviticus 23. These are good lessons regarding our redemption (past and yet to come)

While the criticisms are far less than a few short decades ago, there's still those who would then accuse one who observes these days in Leviticus 23 as "keeping the law" and Colossians 2:16-17 is quickly quoted where Paul stated, "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." The implication they think is that one needs not keep them whereas Paul was stating the manner. So, as is usual, I made a Sukkah to live in recently as I do other years so for those who do such things would probably appreciate not being judged how to observe the day or if they observe it at all.

But in like manner, the same critics probably celebrate Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and Lent to which Paul stated, "Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces[d]? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you." Which are the likes of these holidays - from other religions and gods. So, if I am to keep any day, I'd rather those the Lord commanded in the Bible.

I'm easy to get along with, but I say in truth if parents want to raise their kids believing Halloween is demonic, I say go all the way and throw out Christmas and the others as well. If one can't get themselves to do that, then let the kids have a party and some candy. Just realize the secular nature of these Holidays if they play along.

When my sister's kids were little they had to dress up as a Bible character and hand out Christian tracks door to door as they collected their candy. All they were interested in was the candy like any kid would be.

HALLOWEEN

Allowing children to participate in the celebration of Halloween may appear to be quite harmless on the surface, but the spiritual implications are far from Christian. In today's world, fortune-telling, Ouija boards, ESP, telepathy, horoscopes, voodoo, clairvoyance, yoga, hypnosis, magic, transcendental meditation, Eastern religions, reincarnation, metaphysics and many other practices are expressly forbidden in Scripture. They are related to the occult and satanic forces. Therefore believers should have nothing to do with them. Note the following Scriptures:

"Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 19:31)

"Saul died because he was unfaithful to the LORD; he did not keep the word of the LORD and even consulted a medium for guidance" (1 Chronicles 10:13)

"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you." "A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads." "I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people." (Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Leviticus 20:27, 20:6)

As children, my siblings and I went out for candy every Hallowe'en, not as monsters, or witches, or ghosts, but as robots, or pumpkins, or princesses. There is nothing at all demonic, or occultic, in children collecting free sweets from neighbors while in fun costumes.

The Bible very clearly instructs Christians to have nothing to do with the practices of darkness. Halloween is a rite with pagan, demonic roots.

This is a classic example of two fallacies: the Genetic Fallacy and the Guilt by Association Fallacy. Neither are legitimate forms of reasoning. These are the same two fallacies that Christians against Christmas like to employ. Is a boy born of rape an evil creature because of the manner of his conception? No. The boy's origin story has nothing to do with the his actual character. Does the boy's association to a rapist father as his progeny mean the boy is wicked, too? No. the boy isn't guilty by association, taking on his father's immoral stain because he's related to him. We can say the same thing about Hallowe'en - for most Christians, anyway. Neither the origin of, or association to, ancient pagan things that modern Hallowe'en has necessarily makes it evil for a Christian to enjoy. How the Christian celebrates the occasion is what matters.

My participation as a child in candy collection on Hallowe'en had nothing whatever to do with ancient pagan rites. Nothing. I didn't worship at a pagan altar, or invoke the name of Baal, or dabble in necromancy. I got as much chocolate as I could in the hour I had to collect some. That's it.

Hey All,
While anything can be taken to the extreme for_his_glory, a little kid playing dress-up is just having fun. Back in the 1960s, when I trick-or-treated, we probably covered 300-400 houses and mobile homes. It was an exciting day. We didn't dress up to celebrate Satan. We did it for free candy, every kid's dream come true.

In today's world, I probably wouldn't let children go around the neighborhood anymore. But that's because of how the neighborhood has changed. I know of churches that do halaluyah events with fun and games, and of course candy, at the church. Then of course there was the Charlie Brown Halloween special on TV. "I got a rock."

There's nothing wrong with letting kids have fun.

Now, as long as we are on the subject, what was your favorite Halloween candy?
Mine was the M&M mini bags, and the Tootsie rolls.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

As children, my siblings and I went out for candy every Hallowe'en, not as monsters, or witches, or ghosts, but as robots, or pumpkins, or princesses. There is nothing at all demonic, or occultic, in children collecting free sweets from neighbors while in fun costumes.

This is a classic example of two fallacies: the Genetic Fallacy and the Guilt by Association Fallacy. Neither are legitimate forms of reasoning. These are the same two fallacies that Christians against Christmas like to employ. Is a boy born of rape an evil creature because of the manner of his conception? No. The boy's origin story has nothing to do with the his actual character. Does the boy's association to a rapist father as his progeny mean the boy is wicked, too? No. the boy isn't guilty by association, taking on his father's immoral stain because he's related to him. We can say the same thing about Hallowe'en - for most Christians, anyway. Neither the origin of, or association to, ancient pagan things that modern Hallowe'en has necessarily makes it evil for a Christian to enjoy. How the Christian celebrates the occasion is what matters.

My participation as a child in candy collection on Hallowe'en had nothing whatever to do with ancient pagan rites. Nothing. I didn't worship at a pagan altar, or invoke the name of Baal, or dabble in necromancy. I got as much chocolate as I could in the hour I had to collect some. That's it.
Just because one does not see the root evil within something that seems so innocent to them does not make it none the less evil. Same with the paganism within Christmas and Easter.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

My problem with Halloween now is that the occult is big in movies etc and things are getting…darker. Ever seen hocus pocus? They just did a sequel and it’s much more occult friendly than the 1st one. In the first ones one could sympathize with the witches but still root for good. Not so much with the sequel. Maybe in 20 years the occult will be passé and media will cycle back to good vs evil with the hope that good will triumph over evil…

Or not. I dunno 🤷

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

My problem with Halloween now is that the occult is big in movies etc and things are getting…darker. Ever seen hocus pocus? They just did a sequel and it’s much more occult friendly than the 1st one. In the first ones one could sympathize with the witches but still root for good. Not so much with the sequel. Maybe in 20 years the occult will be passé and media will cycle back to good vs evil with the hope that good will triumph over evil…

Or not. I dunno 🤷
What seems like entertainment can bring out the worst evil as others act upon it.

Just because one does not see the root evil within something that seems so innocent to them does not make it none the less evil. Same with the paganism within Christmas and Easter.
The what about Moonsday,Sunsday,etc
The Norse and pagan myth of that .Norse myth is in the rise .

I could argue the shape of the steeple is pagan in origin and also the fact that gothic archeticure has that too.old churches use that too.
I could go into that the words passover and other words used in the KJV and modern. English are borrowed from pagan equivalent.

Hall( vall halla ) the German hell is close .

I'm not big on Halloween but again we'll about cowboys and Indians . War toys with guns . Violent sports In origin to include gasp the Olympic sports of Greco Roman wrestling,boxing which was in its day modern MMA like .the javelin toss ,the other old sports of the early Olympics were martial in nature and did involve some pagan worship .the very name is tied to the the gods of Olympus.

That's tenchis point . I'm not a horror fan but try anything that isn't bible only and you will find something from sin . I don't see God that legalistic .sure idolatry and so forth abstain from .but this is a Romans 14 issue .I could also use the idea of music here too .

Even country music has problems ,even of old .

I pick up on philosophy.it doesn't mean I can't be influenced wrongly.i get that concern .

The rainbow bridge used for pets is from north myth ,it's guarded by heimdahl who guards Asgard until vallahalla.

Locally my area has cities named for norse myth.viking about where I live .to the north towards the cape lies grant -valkaria .the valkarie seek out the mighty midgard warriors to help against Loki and his army .the dead warriors go to Valhalla( great hall )

There they feast until the time comes to fight irc.

I could go into sg1,star trek etc and that .

Just because one does not see the root evil within something that seems so innocent to them does not make it none the less evil.

But this isn't what I'm doing at all. What you've put forward here as my view is what's known as a Strawman - a weak or distorted version of my view that is easier to knock down than my actual view. In actuality, I pointed out that a thing is not necessarily evil because of its origins. I used the example of a boy born of rape to demonstrate this. We don't say that the boy's beginning in an act of rape makes the boy evil. His rape-origin doesn't actually have anything to do with who he is as a person. In the same way, I wouldn't say Hallowe'en is evil just because its origin is in ancient, pagan rituals. How I enjoyed Hallowe'en as a child had nothing to do with anything pagan. Now, others might not celebrate Hallowe'en as I did as a child, but fool around with occult stuff, instead. What they're doing is wrong. But their approach doesn't somehow stain mine, however.

Well, isn't Hallowe'en associated with demonic, pagan stuff? If it can't be condemned by way of the Genetic Fallacy (see above), surely it's off-limits because of its mere association with bad things. This is the Guilt by Association Fallacy, though. Hitler wore socks. Does the association of socks with Hitler make socks evil? Obviously not. But this is the fallacious thinking that one is using when one tries to discount a thing by way of other things associated with it, as is often done with Hallowe'en and (Christmas).

The question of Hallowe'en as you've presented it, then, isn't about whether or not one can properly see that Hallowe'en is evil, but whether or not one is using fallacious reasoning to dismiss it as evil and how one enjoys the event.

Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Lent and the like are all thorns in the side of the Christian community. I guess the general consensus is that if these worldly holidays were "Christianized" then it's akin to an evil person converting to righteousness and thus these holidays receive a blessing of sorts. Yes, I have problems with them too and rather worship (and rest) on the weekly Sabbath and observe the feast days of Leviticus 23. These are good lessons regarding our redemption (past and yet to come)

While the criticisms are far less than a few short decades ago, there's still those who would then accuse one who observes these days in Leviticus 23 as "keeping the law" and Colossians 2:16-17 is quickly quoted where Paul stated, "Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." The implication they think is that one needs not keep them whereas Paul was stating the manner. So, as is usual, I made a Sukkah to live in recently as I do other years so for those who do such things would probably appreciate not being judged how to observe the day or if they observe it at all.

But in like manner, the same critics probably celebrate Halloween, Christmas, Easter, and Lent to which Paul stated, "Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces[d]? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you." Which are the likes of these holidays - from other religions and gods. So, if I am to keep any day, I'd rather those the Lord commanded in the Bible.

I'm easy to get along with, but I say in truth if parents want to raise their kids believing Halloween is demonic, I say go all the way and throw out Christmas and the others as well. If one can't get themselves to do that, then let the kids have a party and some candy. Just realize the secular nature of these Holidays if they play along.
I take the view that Jesus fulfilled the law of the Old Covenant. And he knew some Jews were not going to be under the New Covenant. To the New covenant believer the old Coveenant and Law are passed away obsolete. To the Jews that did not accept the New Covenant they are still under the Old Covenant and the law.

Samhain and Halloween , Read all the article at the link .

The Origins of Halloween & All Saints Day

The eve of Samhain, October 31, was a time of Celtic pagan sacrifice, and Samhain allowed the souls of the dead to return to their earthly homes that evening. Ghosts, witches, goblins and elves came to harm the people, particularly those who had inflicted harm on them in this life. Cats, too, were considered sacred because they had once been human beings who had been changed as a punishment for their evil deeds on this earth.

To protect themselves from marauding evil spirits on the eve of Samhain, the people extinguished their hearth fires, and the Druids (the priests and spiritual teachers of the Celts) built a huge new year’s bonfire of sacred oak branches. The Druids offered burnt sacrifices — crops, animals, even humans — and told fortunes of the coming year by examining the burned remains. People sometimes wore costumes of animal heads and skins. From this new fire, the home hearths were again ignited.

My wife pointed out to me that the focus of Christians on Hallowe'en and Christmas as formerly pagan celebrations is very strange in light of the fact that every Christian was once formerly "foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another," (Colossians 3:3), "dead in trespasses and sins" (Ephesians 2:1), and alienated from God and enemies in their minds toward Him by their wicked works." (Colossians 1:21). Do these Christians fussing about Hallowe'en and Christmas do the same with fellow Christians? They were all once as the Bible describes, sinners living in rebellion and wickedness. Are they, then, to be rejected as evil? This is their origin story. And they often go back into this sinful state at various times even after they're saved. I guess, then, like Hallowe'en and Christmas, because Christians all have rebellious and sinful origins, they should have nothing to do with each other.

Of course, this is silly. It isn't the sinful, rebellious past of the Christian that matters but how they live now. The same applies to Hallowe'en and Christmas, too. Why this isn't obvious to some Christians I don't know. Fussing over these celebrations appears to be piety gone awry, to me - a weird form of legalism, actually.

" TRICK or Treat " is at the very least a light form of blackmail . Done in secret , behind a mask . Occult = Hidden .
What does the bible say .

Ephesians 5
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

But this isn't what I'm doing at all. What you've put forward here as my view is what's known as a Strawman - a weak or distorted version of my view that is easier to knock down than my actual view. In actuality, I pointed out that a thing is not necessarily evil because of its origins. I used the example of a boy born of rape to demonstrate this. We don't say that the boy's beginning in an act of rape makes the boy evil. His rape-origin doesn't actually have anything to do with who he is as a person. In the same way, I wouldn't say Hallowe'en is evil just because its origin is in ancient, pagan rituals. How I enjoyed Hallowe'en as a child had nothing to do with anything pagan. Now, others might not celebrate Hallowe'en as I did as a child, but fool around with occult stuff, instead. What they're doing is wrong. But their approach doesn't somehow stain mine, however.

Well, isn't Hallowe'en associated with demonic, pagan stuff? If it can't be condemned by way of the Genetic Fallacy (see above), surely it's off-limits because of its mere association with bad things. This is the Guilt by Association Fallacy, though. Hitler wore socks. Does the association of socks with Hitler make socks evil? Obviously not. But this is the fallacious thinking that one is using when one tries to discount a thing by way of other things associated with it, as is often done with Hallowe'en and (Christmas).

The question of Hallowe'en as you've presented it, then, isn't about whether or not one can properly see that Hallowe'en is evil, but whether or not one is using fallacious reasoning to dismiss it as evil and how one enjoys the event.
I too went trick or treating as a child, but if I would have been taught what Halloween was all about back then, then I would have nothing to do with it. If you want to blow off the evil paganism behind Halloween, human and animal sacrifices made on that day and enjoy kids being dressed up in evil costumes, especially Satan costumes, then by all means enjoy this evil pagan holiday.

Did you know that Animal shelters will not adopt out a black cat on Halloween as they know many will be sacrificed to Satan. The rest you say about rape has nothing to do with anything that is pagan nor Hitler's socks.

2Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Cor 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Cor 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Cor 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Cor 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

1 Corinthians 10:25 kjv
25. Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, thateat, asking no question for conscience sake:
26. For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

Read before and after. I am not making a direct comment.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

My wife pointed out to me that the focus of Christians on Hallowe'en and Christmas as formerly pagan celebrations is very strange in light of the fact that every Christian was once formerly "foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another," (Colossians 3:3), "dead in trespasses and sins" (Ephesians 2:1), and alienated from God and enemies in their minds toward Him by their wicked works." (Colossians 1:21). Do these Christians fussing about Hallowe'en and Christmas do the same with fellow Christians? They were all once as the Bible describes, sinners living in rebellion and wickedness. Are they, then, to be rejected as evil? This is their origin story. And they often go back into this sinful state at various times even after they're saved. I guess, then, like Hallowe'en and Christmas, because Christians all have rebellious and sinful origins, they should have nothing to do with each other.

Of course, this is silly. It isn't the sinful, rebellious past of the Christian that matters but how they live now. The same applies to Hallowe'en and Christmas, too. Why this isn't obvious to some Christians I don't know. Fussing over these celebrations appears to be piety gone awry, to me - a weird form of legalism, actually.
Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
Hosea 4:7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame.

When one gains knowledge that God gives, like I shared in the OP, then they should never turn away from it going after the darker/worldly things they deem to be nothing more than to be enjoyed.

Samhain and Halloween , Read all the article at the link .

The Origins of Halloween & All Saints Day

The eve of Samhain, October 31, was a time of Celtic pagan sacrifice, and Samhain allowed the souls of the dead to return to their earthly homes that evening. Ghosts, witches, goblins and elves came to harm the people, particularly those who had inflicted harm on them in this life. Cats, too, were considered sacred because they had once been human beings who had been changed as a punishment for their evil deeds on this earth.

To protect themselves from marauding evil spirits on the eve of Samhain, the people extinguished their hearth fires, and the Druids (the priests and spiritual teachers of the Celts) built a huge new year’s bonfire of sacred oak branches. The Druids offered burnt sacrifices — crops, animals, even humans — and told fortunes of the coming year by examining the burned remains. People sometimes wore costumes of animal heads and skins. From this new fire, the home hearths were again ignited.
So don't watch horror or sci Fi.

The later has humanist philosophy.
No to star wars.

No to any self defense art as all modern ones are gonna have some connection a religion .

I'm the type who will walk old graveyard and photos them .

I don't deny the origins of Halloween but again it's a Roman 14 issue .shall we avoid cs lewis whose books have magic ?

Best not use a calendar .

July ,August , January are named for Roman diety and also the emporer of Rome which was worshipped

Best ban the cross .pagan most pagan used in worship by the Babylonians invented by them .

See where this goes .

No steeples .
I too went trick or treating as a child, but if I would have been taught what Halloween was all about back then, then I would have nothing to do with it. If you want to blow off the evil paganism behind Halloween, human and animal sacrifices made on that day and enjoy kids being dressed up in evil costumes, especially Satan costumes, then by all means enjoy this evil pagan holiday.

Did you know that Animal shelters will not adopt out a black cat on Halloween as they know many will be sacrificed to Satan. The rest you say about rape has nothing to do with anything that is pagan nor Hitler's socks.

2Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Cor 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Cor 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Cor 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Cor 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
So because a few do.thats his argument .because the fact the idea of a salute .one bows to flags in many Asian cultures and also their ancestors .one shouldn't serve in the army ,say the pledge either .

In the army per my argument.one honors the officer above your ownself .he comes before you . Sure their regs but you salute first .he doesn't unless you have a moh .

It's a bit simplified .the idea of reference to a king is very close.

See o king live forever ,it's not the person who holds that but tbd office that is worshipped

I could argue that and more with beer drinking .because drunks go to the local bar and gastro pub .no Christian should .yet where is that In the bible when the Bible says only being drunk is a sin ?

I could add the pagan origin of birthday wishing .

Best not use those candles In weddings in the high church lighting prior to Easter and Christmas that point to Jesus

The female God of archery and wisdom ,Artemis

If you want to blow off the evil paganism behind Halloween, human and animal sacrifices made on that day and enjoy kids being dressed up in evil costumes, especially Satan costumes, then by all means enjoy this evil pagan holiday.

??? This is a silly and obvious Strawman of my view. Where in anything that I wrote do I say anything like what you've written here? Nowhere! Goodness. Please don't use this ugly and false way of arguing. It's not in keeping with people who, as children of God, are supposed to be truthful and rational.

I've noticed that none of those contending for the reject-Hallowe'en-now perspective in this thread have offered anything in rebuttal of my points concerning both the Genetic Fallacy and the fallacy of Guilt by Association. Red herrings and off-point remarks have been made, but no actual dealing with these fallacies that are in glaring evidence in the no-Halloween-for-Christians crowd.

I can tell you I'm not at all persuaded by verses flung at me blindly, as though they obviously deny, or overcome, the things I've pointed out about the poor thinking of some people about this issue. They don't.

Back