Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Jennifer Cumbley - Oxford School Shooting found guilty

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But I'm sure you know as well as I do that no matter how well we watch them, those little buggers can get into things extremely fast. You turn your back for even an instant and they can climb up on a chair, stumble down a stairway, get into the cleaning supplies or medicine cabinets, child restricting devices and all. Then when they get a little older and begin playing outside and with friends, something that may seem a little strange these days, keeping that eye on them at all times becomes even harder to do. They'll be climbing trees, riding bicycles, running and stumbling, skinning their knees, banging their heads, possibly even breaking bones, and so forth and they will get into scuffs with others. It's a fact of life.
That sounds a whole lot like my own childhood; except the part about getting into the medicine cabinet or cleaning supplies. There are things that are a part of life, like falling down; but having my grandma help me back up, then explain to me what I had done wrong; meant the world to me.

I cannot say Mrs. Crumbley was a "bad parent" because I was not there. But from my own life experiences; and from what little I know about her son and what he did; I am prone to conclude that she never picked him back up when he fell down.

If no one is held responsible for teaching and caring for our children; where does that leave us as a society? Whether Christian or an unbeliever; the children are "worth" every effort to keep them safe, and guide them properly.

If the "peers" are not being taught properly by their own parents; that has actually lead us down a dark path already. So many children who can't tell you whether they are a boy or girl as one example.
It’s not always what the parents are teaching the children.
As I said earlier, a study was done on children and it was concluded that when opposing views between parents and peers existed, the peers view was adopted.

I think it’s important to note that many of the views are adopted through the views or perceived views of teachers and staff.

Let’s bring your point on sexuality full circle. A parent teaches their child that there are two genders. The school teaches many genders. Teachers have more time with our children more than parents, so the children take guidance from the teachers and that becomes the peer culture which will outweigh the parents.

And so it is our schools can facilitate abortions and sex changes without notifying the parents…

In the case of Jennifer Crumbley, the school made professional recommendations which she followed. Yet the school nor any school staff has been charged.

It’s nonsense to me that the ones actually raising our children and have legal authority to usurp a parents authority both morally and legally are not being held accountable.

If no one is held responsible for teaching and caring for our children;
In my opinion… in a worsening state. It has to get worse before it gets better and honestly I think those in authority create most of their own problems and then play savior when they course correct.

As that pertains to Christianity, we’ve been conditioned to have all the right answers without being held accountable for our behavior. We focus on “saying a prayer” to save somebody or affirm our own salvation and then dismiss our own hypocrisy in a blinded state of self rightousness.

It’s sad…

That sounds a whole lot like my own childhood; except the part about getting into the medicine cabinet or cleaning supplies. There are things that are a part of life, like falling down; but having my grandma help me back up, then explain to me what I had done wrong; meant the world to me.

I cannot say Mrs. Crumbley was a "bad parent" because I was not there. But from my own life experiences; and from what little I know about her son and what he did; I am prone to conclude that she never picked him back up when he fell down.

If no one is held responsible for teaching and caring for our children; where does that leave us as a society? Whether Christian or an unbeliever; the children are "worth" every effort to keep them safe, and guide them properly.
Quite often, even children raised in a loving home still do some pretty bad things for whatever reason and I was no exception. I grew up in a rather strict Catholic home and our faith was very much a part of our life. We were taught to pray every evening. My mother would have all of us kneel on the floor in the living room to say our prayers before bed. At an early age I was involved with our church serving as altar boy, attending Catholic school, singing in the church choir, going to Mass daily, particularly during Lent which was an oddity as we were about the only ones there besides the nuns, and so forth.

My mother was a stay-at-home mom and very much involved in our lives. She demanded respect and got it. She never, ever warned us with, "Wait until your father gets home!" She dealt with us immediately and on the spot when we got out of line. I'll never forget when I was 19, an adult that had been living on my own for months, and came home from college for a weekend. A buddy and I went out on the town and didn't come home until about 3:00 am. We both got an earful from her that time.

When I was young I had trouble controlling my temper and this even carried into my adult life and on occasion it shows its ugly head even today at age 65 although I don't get physical. I was quite abusive to my siblings, something I regret always. Why was that?

Our parents were very unified when it came to handling us kids so it was impossible to play one against the other. The rules were the same. We never saw them argue or fight. Take that back. I saw it once. It was shortly before my 18th birthday. I got caught shoplifting, something I had been doing for a couple years already. My dad had to come and get me from the police station. Later that evening they were in an argument. I don't even know what my parents were arguing about except that I was undoubtedly the subject.

When I started chasing around when I was about 16 I had a strict curfew. That didn't stop me though. I began getting into using alcohol and later smoking weed and hash. Drove car and even my motorcycle drunk and/or high many times wondering how I got home. Imagine the feeling of not remembering driving the motorcycle home. Fortunately I never got into needles, pills, or snort. What if while driving drunk I caused an accident that killed either my friends with me or others involved. Being under age 18, should my parents have been found guilty of neglect and murder as a result? Whether a gun, knife, or car it doesn't matter. All of these things can be deadly weapons when not handled properly.

It’s nonsense to me that the ones actually raising our children and have legal authority to usurp a parents authority both morally and legally are not being held accountable.
I do agree in part; but I believe there is more to that. If a single parent files a lawsuit claiming the pledge of allegiance is offensive, then the schools will stop that to keep from being sued. The teachers have no real authority; most fear being sued.

If a child comes home and says, my teacher says it is okay for me to be "non-binary"; any parent would sue to get money. It is my belief a lot of parents don't have the time to talk with their children about "who is saying what" in school. Social media is making a lot of these problems so much worse; but they can't be sued, and the government wont hold them accountable because the "super rich" are making too much money from them.

And so it is our schools can facilitate abortions and sex changes without notifying the parents…

Well that one is new to me. Schools are performing abortions and sex change operations without notifying the parents? I have been in the construction of more than 150 schools, and I have yet to see a nurses office or any other room capable of doing surgery.

Did the school buy the gun for the disturbed kid?

I do agree in part; but I believe there is more to that. If a single parent files a lawsuit claiming the pledge of allegiance is offensive, then the schools will stop that to keep from being sued. The teachers have no real authority; most fear being sued.

If a child comes home and says, my teacher says it is okay for me to be "non-binary"; any parent would sue to get money. It is my belief a lot of parents don't have the time to talk with their children about "who is saying what" in school. Social media is making a lot of these problems so much worse; but they can't be sued, and the government wont hold them accountable because the "super rich" are making too much money from them.
Actually anyone can be sued. Whether they win their complaint or not is a different story. In fact, quite often the suits are recorded seeking large settlements in the hopes of settling out of court. And then there are those where the courts, judges and juries, use for setting precedence rather than being reasonable.

When I was working I served on our product safety committee. I worked for an industrial packaging machinery company. Our purpose was to evaluate our machines' designs for personnel safety while maintaining functionality. Our attorney talked to us and told us that no matter how safe we make our equipment, we can never eliminate all liability and in fact, it was possible to make a machine so safe that the safety features can become considered a hazard in the eyes of our courts.

I'll give you an example. One of our machines applied shrinkwrap plastic on products. Ever see cases of bottled water and how they are wrapped in plastic which was heat shrinked around them? That's what our machine did. The plastic for that comes in a large roll, like paper towel rolls but much larger. When the plastic film breaks or an operator neglects to replace the roll before it runs out, it becomes necessary to rethread the plastic film through the machine. This involves holding the film against a pinch roller similar to the old wringer washing machines. The film is passed through one set of pinch rollers, across a short opening where a very sharp knife is on a rotary shaft, and then through a second set of pinch rollers.

Our task was to come up with a safe way to thread the film through that system of rollers. To do that we provided a small 12" x 12" piece of conveyor belting material that could be used to hold the film against the first set of pinch rollers and assist with feeding the film through the machine.

We had warning labels all over this area alerting people of the pinch points and sharp knife. The labels even showed a picture of a hand with severed fingers to try and depict reality. There was a guard door system installed with a dual actuated mechanical keyed door interlock switch along with a smart controller that monitored both switch contacts to verify that the door was closed to prevent access to this area while the machine was running.

The instructions were to fold the plastic film around the edge of that belting and jam it into the first set of pinch rollers. The operator would then have to close the access door, and walk over to the operator control panel, which was located far enough away that it couldn't be reached while accessing the pinch roller assembly. Once at the panel, he had to press a button to reset the machine and then select "Film Jog Mode." This disabled the knife so it wouldn't try to cut the belting and damage the knife and allowed manually operating the pinch rollers at a very slow speed to thread the film through the rollers and past the knife. After that, he would have to open the access door and remove the belting from the machine. The next step was to close the door, walk over to the control panel, and select "Manual Cycle Mode." In this mode, the knife is enabled and pressing the start button would cause the film drive assembly to run at a high rate of speed, cutting the film, and positioning it ready for starting the machine for production.

Well, guess what? I heard of one instance where the operators had figured out how to dummy out the door interlock switch so he could access the film roller assembly without losing machine power. Instead of using the belting to hold the film against the pinch roller, he got a partner that was not familiar with the machine to operate the push buttons while he held the film against the pinch roller with his hand. His partner, not being familiar with the machine functions, selected "Manual Cycle Mode" instead of "Jog Mode" so when he pressed the start button, instead of the film drive moving at a slow speed, it took off at high speed, pulling the operator's hand through the pinch roller and the knife fired severing the ends of his fingers off. Now his hand was stuck and he had to wait for maintenance to come and release the tension from the pinch rollers before they could get his hand out of there. He violate all the rules, bypassed all the safety features, and did this to himself and yet, we got sued and there was a settlement holding our company and his partially responsible.

I live in a rural farming community and you would be amazed at how many times I've seen some really stupid dangerous thing done.

One time I saw my neighbor pulling his baler down the gravel road with his kids who were quite young at the time (8-10 years old?) riding on the baler with their feet dangling in front of the pickup area. If he had hit a bump and they fell off, they'd have been run over in a heartbeat.

One other time as I was driving home from work I noticed out in a field a farmer combining soybeans with a cutting head. The cutting head was up in the air with the sickle running and he was sitting on the ground with his legs under the cutting head working on something by the wobble joint that operates the sickle. I knew it was still running becasue I could see the reel rotating In this case he is putting all his faith in a valve o-ring or a hydraulic hose. If either would fail, that head would fall onto his legs with the sickle running. Could have ripped him to shreds. But, you can bet that the manufacturer of the machine would be included as a defendant in a lawsuit.

Well that one is new to me. Schools are performing abortions and sex change operations without notifying the parents? I have been in the construction of more than 150 schools, and I have yet to see a nurses office or any other room capable of doing surgery.

Did the school buy the gun for the disturbed kid?
Facilitate does not mean perform it. It means to make it easier or assist in it happening. When schools are telling kids they can do this they are facilitating it.

Facilitate does not mean perform it. It means to make it easier or assist in it happening. When schools are telling kids they can do this they are facilitating it.

No, and forget abortions and sex changes for a moment. If I tell you the second amendment affords you the right to own guns, am I facilitating you to get a gun and go on a shooting rampage?

How are schools facilitating abortions without the parent knowing? Are they driving the kids to an abortion clinic then? Are they funding the abortions? In what way are they facilitating it? How are they assisting in the abortion? How are they assisting in the sex change?

How are schools facilitating abortions without the parent knowing?
Don’t you live in Oregon?
Your state has a no parental involvement law. That means a minor can get an abortion or medical assistance to transition genders without parental knowledge. I’m surprised you don’t know that about your own state.

I believe there is an open case in that state regarding adoption. It is mandated that if you adopt, you must facilitate gender transitioning if the youth desires. Apparently this gal didn’t agree with that, so they didn’t let her adopt.

Your state has a no parental involvement law. That means a minor can get an abortion or medical assistance to transition genders without parental knowledge. I’m surprised you don’t know that about your own state.

I believe there is an open case in that state regarding adoption. It is mandated that if you adopt, you must facilitate gender transitioning if the youth desires. Apparently this gal didn’t agree with that, so they didn’t let her adopt.
Have you ever actually looked at the medical protocols and standards for treatment of trans youth?

The HIPPA law is a federal law that protects the rights of patients over the age of 12. If a person's 12-year old daughter gets pregnant and obtains an abortion, she can do it without parental knowledge.

No, and forget abortions and sex changes for a moment. If I tell you the second amendment affords you the right to own guns, am I facilitating you to get a gun and go on a shooting rampage?

How are schools facilitating abortions without the parent knowing? Are they driving the kids to an abortion clinic then? Are they funding the abortions? In what way are they facilitating it? How are they assisting in the abortion? How are they assisting in the sex change?

The HIPPA law is a federal law that protects the rights of patients over the age of 12. If a person's 12-year old daughter gets pregnant and obtains an abortion, she can do it without parental knowledge.
There's actually quite a bit of nuance to HIPPA rules. This site gives a decent overview.

Have you ever actually looked at the medical protocols and standards for treatment of trans youth?
No, I plead ignorant!
Last summer this topic peaked my wife’s interest and multiple times while traveling we listened to podcasts of individuals who transitioned as minors and as adults, regretted what they did to their bodies as they all had medical issues with their medication or surgeries.

Other than that, I’m honestly not up on that topic in great depth.

No, I plead ignorant!
Last summer this topic peaked my wife’s interest and multiple times while traveling we listened to podcasts of individuals who transitioned as minors and as adults, regretted what they did to their bodies as they all had medical issues with their medication or surgeries.

Other than that, I’m honestly not up on that topic in great depth.
Okay, no problem. This is a good summary of the protocols, complete with references to original documents and material for further reading.

Yale School of Medicine

There's actually quite a bit of nuance to HIPPA rules. This site gives a decent overview.

I encountered the HIPPA law when our daughters were about 12 and 14. I was questioning some of the charges on a clinic bill and wanted to understand what we were being charged for and if I had already paid part of it. When I contacted the clinic I learned that in order for me to obtain the answers I was looking for, our daughters had to provide written permission to the clinic.

I encountered the HIPPA law when our daughters were about 12 and 14. I was questioning some of the charges on a clinic bill and wanted to understand what we were being charged for and if I had already paid part of it. When I contacted the clinic I learned that in order for me to obtain the answers I was looking for, our daughters had to provide written permission to the clinic.
As the webpage notes, depending on the specific health care issue involved, different states have different regs and requirements. In our state, we had full access to our kids' medical info (and they never had to provide permission, written or otherwise) until they turned 18.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back