Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Jesus as a Bodhisattva

Lonelyguide said:
bibleberean said:
This forum is filled with children of wrath who claim they are children of light.

Are you sure?

Who?

I am sure that there are those who as of yet walk in darkness.

Their posts reveal them for who and what they are.

All Christians were children of wrath before they believed.

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

There are those who will not be saved. I don't know who they are...but we know that most people will not find the truth.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

bibleberean said:

Yes, God's creation is ablaze with Light, but many still grope around in darkness.

bibleberean said:
There are those who will not be saved. I don't know who they are...but we know that most people will not find the truth.

Well, wouldn't you agree then that focusing on Light ... and Light alone ... might be the most beneficial path? Who wants to walk towards darkness when he can walk towards Light? :)

Lonelyguide said:
bibleberean said:

Yes, God's creation is ablaze with Light, but many still grope around in darkness.

bibleberean said:

Well, wouldn't you agree then that focusing on Light ... and Light alone ... might be the most beneficial path? Who wants to walk towards darkness when he can walk towards Light? :)

The bible is filled with admonitions about walking in darkness.

Cockroach false Christians want us to be "positive" while they spread their dark false doctrines to the unlearned and unstable.

They call darkness light and light darkness.

The bible is filled with warnings.

The bible says men "love darkness"... God tells us to focus on both.

Satan would love true Christians to forget that... ;-)

bibleberean said:

From where I stand ... I don't worry too much about Satan, BB. For me ... the ego is just as devious and since the ego seems to be more "within reach," I'd rather focus on getting that little devil where I want him, if you catch my drift.

Incidentally, I would not mind "hearing" where you found that God wants us to focus on darkness. That'll have to be another time though, for I have to dash.

Lonelyguide said:
bibleberean said:

From where I stand ... I don't worry too much about Satan, BB. For me ... the ego is just as devious and since the ego seems to be more "within reach," I'd rather focus on getting that little devil where I want him, if you catch my drift.

Incidentally, I would not mind "hearing" where you found that God wants us to focus on darkness. That'll have to be another time though, for I have to dash.

I never said God wants us to focus on darkness. I said God warns us about darkness and wants us to be aware that we can walk in it.

Also, I never said I worry about Satan. Satan exists and the God wants us to be aware of his wiles.

1 Peter 5:8-9 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

People who walk in their "own light" and not in the light of the scriptures have a hard time understanding what God has clearly said in His word.
2 Corinthians 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

We are to be aware of the works of darkness.

Plain and simple...

The joy of the Lord is your strength.
Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV

Drawing upon the invisible forces of God I see Lonelyguide that you can feel the oneness and see that responsibility, decision-making and optimism all flow together in one universal consciousness, where God is an obvious reality. When a deep awareness of God is established, one benefits tremendously physically, mentally and spiritually because the habit of being positive is acquired, and God is no longer a closed concept, but an infinite vast always present consciousness. "The joy of the Lord is your strength"

Edited. Link is not mainstream Christianity.

soma said:

Drawing upon the invisible forces of God I see Lonelyguide that you can feel the oneness and see that responsibility, decision-making and optimism all flow together in one universal consciousness, where God is an obvious reality. When a deep awareness of God is established, one benefits tremendously physically, mentally and spiritually because the habit of being positive is acquired, and God is no longer a closed concept, but an infinite vast always present consciousness. "The joy of the Lord is your strength"

Edited. Link is not mainstream Christianity.

The problem is anyone can claim to draw upon the "invisible forces of God".

The issue is about what the bible says not about the god you choose to invent.

The bible is God's written word. If that is not accepted as the standard then any god can be created.

Jesus pointed us to the scriptures for our criterion for truth.

I can see why hereticks like to claim that they have a "higher consciousness" then those of us who use the bible.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Ministers of Satan always claim to have "light" while in fact they are in darkness.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Watch out for "another Jesus, another spirit, and another gospel".

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

No one is claiming they have a higher consciousness than someone who reads the Bible. I read the Bible, but I don't have a complex. There is only one God. How many Gods can there be? God is infinite and there can not be two infinites. The Bible is not a hammer to hit people over the head. It is a book to inspiror one to higher pursuits to better the self, to raise one consciiousness, to know God. Why are big words like consciousness so scarey. If we read other books beside the Bible our vocabulary increases.

soma said:
No one is claiming they have a higher consciousness than someone who reads the Bible. I read the Bible, but I don't have a complex. There is only one God. How many Gods can there be? God is infinite and there can not be two infinites. The Bible is not a hammer to hit people over the head. It is a book to inspiror one to higher pursuits to better the self, to raise one consciiousness, to know God. Why are big words like consciousness so scarey. If we read other books beside the Bible our vocabulary increases.

There is only one God but their are many false gods.

Consciousness is not a "scary word". It is not a very big word nor is it hard to understand.

The bible is the criterion for truth about God.

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

I never said anything about being against books outside of the bible but if they are going to be read from the context of truth then these books are to be evaluated in the light of scripture...

2 Timothy 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Books outside the scriptures that speak about God must stand the test of what is written...

bibleberean said:
Also, I never said I worry about Satan. Satan exists and the God wants us to be aware of his wiles.

That would be very difficult, my fiend, because I can tell you one thing: if Satan does exist he will be more awesome than any of us can imagine. And you know what? Also the ego is a lot more devious than most can imagine.

... now isn't that a coincidence? :)

Fortunately we have the Holy Spirit to guide us away from these evils. So perhaps we should focus on that, eh?

soma said:

Yes, and our Father wants us to share in His joy. Therefore, if one cannot be wholly joyous, one has to wonder whether one isn't perhaps listening to the wrong teacher (the ego) rather than to the Right Teacher (Holy Spirit).

Lonelyguide said:
soma said:

Yes, and the Lord wants us to share in His joy. Therefore, if one cannot be wholly joyous, one has to wonder whether one isn't perhaps listening to the wrong teacher (the ego) rather than to the Right Teacher (Holy Spirit).

Christians have "joy in the lord" though they are heavy in heart for those who reject the scriptures.

Romans 9:1-3 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost, That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

If Paul listened to apostates and heretics instead of the Holy Spirit he would have joy in his heart that the Jews were lost.

I am so glad God gave us His written word so that it would be so easy to refute the false teachers... :D

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

bibleberean said:
Christians have "joy in the lord" though they are heavy in heart for those who reject the scriptures.

People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. (St. Augustine)

Other words come to mind such as Matthew 7:3-5 or, if you like, Luke 6:41-42, but perhaps one gets the general gist of my thinking ... If everyone who is not yet adequately equipped for the task of looking after the Souls of others were to start by taking a little more time for his own Soul than for the Souls of his brothers, this world would be a much nicer place than it is now.

I'm thinking of everyone "simply" trying to put a "bit" more ("much" is also greatly appreciated) of Mark 12:31 into his life and of the rippling effect of a stone thrown into a pond ...

And it also wouldn't be a bad idea if people started to be a little more honest ... primarily with themselves and with the manner in which they think, speak and act.

What do you think? :)

Lonelyguide said:
bibleberean said:

People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. (St. Augustine)

Other words come to mind such as Matthew 7:3-5 or, if you like, Luke 6:41-42, but perhaps one gets the general gist of my thinking ... If everyone who is not yet adequately equipped for the task of looking after the Souls of others were to start by taking a little more time for his own Soul than for the Souls of his brothers, this world would be a much nicer place than it is now.

I'm thinking of everyone "simply" trying to put a "bit" more ("much" is also greatly appreciated) of Mark 12:31 into his life and of the rippling effect of a stone thrown into a pond ...

And it also wouldn't be a bad idea if people started to be a little more honest ... primarily with themselves and with the manner in which they think, speak and act.

What do you think? :)

I think that a saved person would be interested even more in the eternal life of others.

Your post just sounds like rhetoric to me.

1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

A person that sit's by and says nothing to the lost is a sorry excuse for a Christian.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The bible not what I "think" is what is important.

I am not interested in the musings of the lost.

bibleberean said:
I think that a saved person would be interested even more in the eternal life of others.

Your post just sounds like rhetoric to me.

I am not interested in the musings of the lost.

I hope that you see that I am not trying to reply to you out off context by shortening your post somewhat, but I merely wish to respond to what you say in the above quote. So let me do that:

Yes, I agree that a saved person should be interested in helping others, for as long as only one of us still walks in darkness none of us can be truly free. Let me, however, first of all remind you that you ... or anyone else ... are not saved by works but by Grace ("lest you boast" as the Bible says) and that ... unless I am missing something here ... it is most certainly not your place to decide who is saved and who is lost. Unless you have, unbeknownst to me, been given that mandate and unless you yourself are free of sin, of course. Are you?

Also for that reason I regret that my post sounds like rhetoric to you, especially since this implies that you haven't understood it and that its contents may consequently be entirely lost to you.

bibleberean said:
1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

A person that sit's by and says nothing to the lost is a sorry excuse for a Christian.

I agree. But also for a few other reasons:

To have Peace one must be Peace. To be/have Peace one must learn Peace and to learn Peace one must teach it.
To have Love one must be Love. To be/have Love one must learn Love and to learn Love one must teach it.

Teaching is also good for those who still need to learn. As you teach, however, so will you learn and fear and tyranny aren't good teachers. That is not how Jesus and/or Holy Spirit teach.

The first commandment is “I am the Lord thy God and thou shall not have strange Gods before Me.†This is the basis for the conviction that there is only one God, a belief that leads to the knowledge of unity, which once accomplished influences and helps us in our daily lives. There is only one God appearing before us, and this one God is for everyone embodying the secrets for successful living in His all-pervading consciousness. In the awareness of God’s omnipresence we realize that God is all loving and always present so there is no need to fear either man or his developments because God has full power. It doesn’t matter how negative or bad life can be because similar to Noah we can go into the ark of God’s all pervading consciousness and find protection from the flood of cruel experiences that drown us in unbearable agony. There is no need to try to drown others preaching about false gods when the light and joy of One God is always present. Some people put false gods before the true god by talking about them over and over again.

soma said:
There is no need to try to drown others preaching about false gods when the light and joy of One God is always present. Some people put false gods before the true god by talking about them over and over again.

There is a lot I could add, but in this case a simple "Amen" will do.

... for now :)

We would appear to be on the same page, Soma.

However deep your
Knowledge of the scriptures,
It is no more than a strand of hair
In the vastness of space;
However important appears
Your worldly experience,
It is but a drop of water in a deep ravine.
Tokusan

Back