Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus could have been disapproved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

kjw47

Matt 3:17- God approved Jesus)-- What if Jesus failed? At John 15:10--Jesus says--If you observe my commandments you will remain in my love, just as i have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.
John 15:13,14--You are my friends if you do what i am commanding you.

So if Jesus failed to do his Fathers commandments according to that he would of fell out of his Fathers love, the same for us, if we fail to do ALL that Jesus commanded we fall out of his friendship and love.
Some religions teach-once saved always saved=bogus. Some teach Jesus death covered all sins= bogus.---Matt 10:22-Those who endure until their end( death or Armageddon)will BE saved.

Some religions don't teach what the bible teaches, they twist certain teachings to tickle ears for a tithe.

Its pretty simple to know if Jesus is leading ones ministers( those taking the lead)= The ones Jesus is with do this without fail= Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God=OT-NT taught to the flock without fail.
Are your ministers doing just that? If not they are failing both Jesus and the flock.

How easy it is to forget that believers grow in our Lord.
It's also easy to forget the point of all scripture is that the Messiah could have never been disaproved by our Father. That was the point of Him telling His disciples to follow Him in keeping the commandments by recognizing their sinfulness, as being no better than anyone else, in humility loving the unlovable. And none of that applies to our King, because He isn't sinful, He is better than everyone else and He could have destroyed those who hated Him but out of mercy endured their abuse to death.

You think He wasn't their Lord and Master?

How easy it is to forget that believers grow in our Lord.
It's also easy to forget the point of all scripture is that the Messiah could have never been disaproved by our Father. That was the point of Him telling His disciples to follow Him in keeping the commandments by recognizing their sinfulness, as being no better than anyone else, in humility loving the unlovable. And none of that applies to our King, because He isn't sinful, He is better than everyone else and He could have destroyed those who hated Him but out of mercy endured their abuse to death.

You think He wasn't their Lord and Master?
Satan tempted Jesus because Jesus has free will and could have sinned. He could have been disapproved as i showed at John 15:10. Jesus is only Lord and master to those who obey. Those live to do Jesus' Fathers will( Matt 7:21) over self in this satan ruled system. They obey this--Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God. And the ministers he is with teach EVERY utterance from God= OT-NT without fail, it NEVER stops.

Matt 3:17- God approved Jesus)-- What if Jesus failed? At John 15:10--Jesus says--If you observe my commandments you will remain in my love, just as i have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.
John 15:13,14--You are my friends if you do what i am commanding you.

So if Jesus failed to do his Fathers commandments according to that he would of fell out of his Fathers love, the same for us, if we fail to do ALL that Jesus commanded we fall out of his friendship and love.
Some religions teach-once saved always saved=bogus. Some teach Jesus death covered all sins= bogus.---Matt 10:22-Those who endure until their end( death or Armageddon)will BE saved.

Some religions don't teach what the bible teaches, they twist certain teachings to tickle ears for a tithe.

Its pretty simple to know if Jesus is leading ones ministers( those taking the lead)= The ones Jesus is with do this without fail= Man does not live by bread alone, but by EVERY utterance from God=OT-NT taught to the flock without fail.
Are your ministers doing just that? If not they are failing both Jesus and the flock.
Jesus could have possibly failed when his faith was thoroughly vetted before he actually began his ministry. Having been tempted 40 days and 40 nights, face to face with the devil, Jesus ultimately had to make a choice to serve God or succumb to temptation. I believe all true believers go through a similar trial at the beginning and trials can reappear in varying degrees and intensities at any point. Our proverbial, and sometimes literal, 40 day stand-off with the devil is how a true believer is tested.

I will say that Jesus was at a great advantage though. His nature is to be holy and righteous so doing what is good is what Jesus is all about. It would have had to be a deliberate and conscious choice to go his own way. I do believe God would have chosen someone else, if necessary, until He found the right person for the job.

Again, our Saviors' victory over death was foretold, so He didn't need testing. He was also tempted by devils whenever He was insulted by men because He said, "Ye are of your father the devil" Jn.8:44 KJV.

If people would look at why the Messiah came, doubt about Him being God disappears.

Hi kjw47

Yeah, I have to agree with this:
It's also easy to forget the point of all scripture is that the Messiah could have never been disaproved by our Father.
That's rather like asking what if water wasn't wet? Jesus is in very nature God. How is he going to back out against that nature? Of course, one must follow up your question with 'when'? When would Jesus have turned back. Before he was baptized by John? When he talked to the Samaritan woman at the well? When he heard that John had been beheaded for his faith in him? I mean, up until the moment of his trial he had not sinned. Are you claiming that he could have sinned and told Pilate that it was all some scheme? In his prayer to his Father he would have said that he wasn't going to do it? How exactly does it play out in your story there of 'how' Jesus does something in his life to make himself unworthy before his Father for the work that he was sent to do? To somehow put himself in the eyes of his Father as being disapproved for all that he had done of the Father's will.

Have you not read? It is for this very purpose that I have come.

God bless,
Ted

Hi again kjw47
I'm honestly a little confused as to what it is that you're asking us to check and see if our teachers are teaching. I'm not understanding "the ones Jesus is with do this without fail = man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God". Then you ask if our ministers are doing that?

What? Are our ministers doing what? Teaching that man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God? While that exact thought or sentence isn't spoken every time we meet, I believe it is believed theologically by the SBC and it's affiliate fellowships, of which I'm a member. But I'm not really clear that's what you're referring to in your charge to us to check and see something that our teachers should be doing that will tell us whether Jesus is with them. I always believed that they (teachers) should always be telling the truth about God's word and what it says to us and encouraging us in how we should all strive to live as God asks us to live.

Did I not get it right?

God bless,
Ted

Hi Again kjw47

It dawns on me. Are you putting together a sermon or something and this is your 'analogical opening'? You're trying to make some later point to your congregation by making some ludicrous claim that Jesus could have failed at what he was sent to do? I mean, you do know that by the time Jesus got here, we already had written Scriptures telling us the things that happened while he was with us. All of them that would have spoken about his power to bring salvation would have been proven untrue if Jesus couldn't fill the bill for some reason.

God's word, would thus, not be completely true. And since Jesus didn't die, or as you say somehow wasn't approved... guess what?

You're still dead in your sin. You'll be like Paul said of us, if our faith is not real and Jesus did not die for sin, we are to be mocked and ridiculed most of anyone.

Anyway, it dawned on me that maybe you were throwing out these silly eventualities because you were working on some sermon message about, oh I don't know, what happens if we fail and aren't approved.

God bless,
Ted

Jesus could have possibly failed when his faith was thoroughly vetted before he actually began his ministry. Having been tempted 40 days and 40 nights, face to face with the devil, Jesus ultimately had to make a choice to serve God or succumb to temptation. I believe all true believers go through a similar trial at the beginning and trials can reappear in varying degrees and intensities at any point. Our proverbial, and sometimes literal, 40 day stand-off with the devil is how a true believer is tested.

I will say that Jesus was at a great advantage though. His nature is to be holy and righteous so doing what is good is what Jesus is all about. It would have had to be a deliberate and conscious choice to go his own way. I do believe God would have chosen someone else, if necessary, until He found the right person for the job.
God sent his best.

Hi again kjw47

I'm honestly a little confused as to what it is that you're asking us to check and see if our teachers are teaching. I'm not understanding "the ones Jesus is with do this without fail = man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God". Then you ask if our ministers are doing that?

What? Are our ministers doing what? Teaching that man does not live by bread alone, but by every utterance from God? While that exact thought or sentence isn't spoken every time we meet, I believe it is believed theologically by the SBC and it's affiliate fellowships, of which I'm a member. But I'm not really clear that's what you're referring to in your charge to us to check and see something that our teachers should be doing that will tell us whether Jesus is with them. I always believed that they (teachers) should always be telling the truth about God's word and what it says to us and encouraging us in how we should all strive to live as God asks us to live.

Did I not get it right?

God bless,
Ted
The teachers that obey Jesus teach the flock-Every utterance from God= OT, NT, over and over it never stops.

Hi Again kjw47

It dawns on me. Are you putting together a sermon or something and this is your 'analogical opening'? You're trying to make some later point to your congregation by making some ludicrous claim that Jesus could have failed at what he was sent to do? I mean, you do know that by the time Jesus got here, we already had written Scriptures telling us the things that happened while he was with us. All of them that would have spoken about his power to bring salvation would have been proven untrue if Jesus couldn't fill the bill for some reason.

God's word, would thus, not be completely true. And since Jesus didn't die, or as you say somehow wasn't approved... guess what?

You're still dead in your sin. You'll be like Paul said of us, if our faith is not real and Jesus did not die for sin, we are to be mocked and ridiculed most of anyone.

Anyway, it dawned on me that maybe you were throwing out these silly eventualities because you were working on some sermon message about, oh I don't know, what happens if we fail and aren't approved.

God bless,
Ted
John 15:10--Jesus' words answer you. He remained in the Fathers love because he obeyed.

The teachers that obey Jesus teach the flock-Every utterance from God= OT, NT, over and over it never stops.
Oh, well then yes, I believe I am enjoined with a good strong Scripture teaching fellowship of the church.

Just wanted to clear up exactly what you were asking us to check.

God bless,
Ted

John 15:10--Jesus' words answer you. He remained in the Fathers love because he obeyed.
Right! But I'm not the one then asking why some impossible eventuality didn't happen or could have happened, or whatever it is that you're saying as regards Jesus somehow not being approved of the Father.

Is that your sermon. What would have happened if Jesus had not been approved? Well, he couldn't have because the Scriptures tell us that he always remained in the Father's love because he obeyed. I suppose one could likely draw that conclusion out for about 15 minutes for a good message.

But honestly, I think I'd title the message 'what would have happened had Jesus not been approved?' Rather than making the claim that he could have been disapproved. But that's just me.

God bless,
Ted

Satan wouldn't have bothered testing him if he couldn't have failed.
That's not true, because demons knew the Messiah was going to bring them torment on judgement day. The devil wanted our Savior killed to cause doubt in the minds of sinners.
Jesus has own will like all do.
I showed you John 15:10--
Jn.15:10 means His will is always Gods' will, so not like we all do as no other man on earth is like Him,

if I had not come and spoken to them, they were not having sin; but now pretext they have not for their sin. Jn.15:22 YLT

How can anyone not be guilty of sin unless the Messiah spoke to them?

Byw kjw47
I told you already our Kings' victory was prophecied and prophecy can't be changed.
So you have a paradox that I'm certain nobody in your sect can answer.

Oh, well then yes, I believe I am enjoined with a good strong Scripture teaching fellowship of the church.

Just wanted to clear up exactly what you were asking us to check.

God bless,
Ted
Then can you explain 144,000 male virgins ( Rev 14:4) from the King Jehosaphat story in 2Chron 21???--The false teachers say its literal virgins.

Right! But I'm not the one then asking why some impossible eventuality didn't happen or could have happened, or whatever it is that you're saying as regards Jesus somehow not being approved of the Father.

Is that your sermon. What would have happened if Jesus had not been approved? Well, he couldn't have because the Scriptures tell us that he always remained in the Father's love because he obeyed. I suppose one could likely draw that conclusion out for about 15 minutes for a good message.

But honestly, I think I'd title the message 'what would have happened had Jesus not been approved?' Rather than making the claim that he could have been disapproved. But that's just me.

God bless,
Ted
I am not making a sermon. I am showing that it was possible for Jesus to have been disapproved. Many perfect beings fell into disapproval. Adam, Eve, and 1/3 of the angels.

That's not true, because demons knew the Messiah was going to bring them torment on judgement day. The devil wanted our Savior killed to cause doubt in the minds of sinners.

Jn.15:10 means His will is always Gods' will, so not like we all do as no other man on earth is like Him,

if I had not come and spoken to them, they were not having sin; but now pretext they have not for their sin. Jn.15:22 YLT

How can anyone not be guilty of sin unless the Messiah spoke to them?

Byw kjw47
I told you already our Kings' victory was prophecied and prophecy can't be changed.
So you have a paradox that I'm certain nobody in your sect can answer.
Jesus was a perfect mortal man with free will. I am just trying to show there was a chance he could have been disapproved. Yes he lives 24/7 to do his Fathers will over self. As do the true followers( Matt 7:21) but imperfect beings fall short. Jesus had free will.

I am just trying to show there was a chance he could have been disapproved.
Then you also believe scripture could have been broken, because scripture only mentions the Messiah conquering all evil.
Yes he lives 24/7 to do his Fathers will over self.
No. He lives 24/7 so we will do His Fathers' will, which He displayed exactly.
As do the true followers( Matt 7:21) but imperfect beings fall short. Jesus had free will.
The true followers. I have a question for you. What do you think Jehovah meant when He said,

I will be thy king: where is any other that may save thee in all thy cities? and thy judges of whom thou saidst, Give me a king and princes? Hos.13:10 KJV

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back