Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus could have been disapproved.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Matt 3:17- God approved Jesus)-- What if Jesus failed? At John 15:10--Jesus says--If you observe my commandments you will remain in my love, just as i have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.
John 15:13,14--You are my friends if you do what i am commanding you.
So if Jesus failed to do his Fathers commandments according to that he would of fell out of his Fathers love, the same for us, if we fail to do ALL that Jesus commanded we fall out of his friendship and love.
Some religions teach-once saved always saved=bogus. Some teach Jesus death covered all sins= bogus.---Matt 10:22-Those who endure until their end( death or Armageddon)will BE saved.
So you think then Paul was not saved ?

Rom 7:19
"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."

Yhvh on His judgment seat,

the judgment seat of Christ. Rom.14:10 KJV

For we must all appear beforethe judgment seat of Christ.....Knowing therefore the terrorof the Lord, we persuade men 1Cor.5:10-11 KJV
Jehovah was the only judge in the OT. He gave Jesus the right to judge in the NT.( John 5:22)

People don't sin until some time later on after they are born. For sure everyone is fearfully and wonderfully made, not made totally depraved.
And one of satans #1 tools all through history= mislead parents to hand wicked practices to their children and false god worship.

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."
He endured until his end-Matt 10:22--Paul was one of the little flock.
I don't think Paul was saying he constantly gave in to doing evil things. He was speaking of the war within between the flesh and spirit. The evil was present but i am sure he conquered it with the good most times. None are perfect.

And one of satans #1 tools all through history= mislead parents to hand wicked practices to their children and false god worship.
You nailed it. Think there is any false god worship going on in the Catholic and Protestant church?

John 17
3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jehovah was the only judge in the OT.
No He wasn't. Jehovah assigned them leaders and under the law any group of judges determined many matters. Even capital offenses.
He gave Jesus the right to judge in the NT.( John 5:22)
Why did our Father give one man the right to judge all mankind and wicked spirits from beginning to end?
He tells us the veil where God was hidden is symbolism for the flesh of Christ. Does your theology understand nobody but Jehovah was behind that curtain?

I have't been visited by JWs' for a long time and have never been answered about things I'm showing you. Do they still visit with the little green monster?

You nailed it. Think there is any false god worship going on in the Catholic and Protestant church?

John 17
3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
What's really funny is Jesus had the nerve to include Himself along with the only true God to be able to know eternal life. l

That's when I began to realize nobody but God could fill His shoes.

And as for the folks who believe in ritual, they had that problem in the church since gentiles entered it, only the ritual keepers were Judaic believers loved Moses. For those folks Paul said,

Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. Rom.14:15 KJV

when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 1Cor.8:12 KJV

What's really funny is Jesus had the nerve to include Himself along with the only true God to be able to know eternal life. l

That's when I began to realize nobody but God could fill His shoes.

And as for the folks who believe in ritual, they had that problem in the church since gentiles entered it, only the ritual keepers were Judaic believers loved Moses. For those folks Paul said,

Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died. Rom.14:15 KJV

when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 1Cor.8:12 KJV
Jesus is just saying YHWH is the only true God and Jesus is the one God sent. Jesus is himself God's Son.

Jeremiah 10
10But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

He endured until his end-Matt 10:22--Paul was one of the little flock.
I don't think Paul was saying he constantly gave in to doing evil things. He was speaking of the war within between the flesh and spirit. The evil was present but i am sure he conquered it with the good most times. None are perfect.
Okay well since our sin nature is off the table as cause , what would Paul have to do to become unsaved ?

Some religions teach-once saved always saved=bogus. Some teach Jesus death covered all sins= bogus.---Matt 10:22-Those who endure until their end( death or Armageddon)will BE saved.

Jesus is just saying YHWH is the only true God and Jesus is the one God sent. Jesus is himself God's Son.
Well, God sends us also, but we don't need to know each other to have eternal life. We do need to know the Messiah. That's the point.
Jeremiah 10
10But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
This describes our Saviors' return in Person.

Well, God sends us also, but we don't need to know each other to have eternal life. We do need to know the Messiah. That's the point.

Yes, but only because the true God gave Jesus authority to give eternal life.

John 17
2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Yes, but only because the true God gave Jesus authority to give eternal life.
Yes and also to take it away.
John 17
2As thou hast given him power over all flesh,
Including His own flesh, meaning death has no power over Him. His body is The Temple where His Father is.
that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
Meaning as the gospel was preached, God expected sinners to repent and He would forgive them. We know what God requires, so if the repentant sinners agree, He gives them in marriage (oneness) to the Messiah.

It's no different from the "Paul is demeaning to women" nonsense. Hey, it even says Jesus has a head...right? Problem is when we read the rest of the chapter, it becomes clear that the woman (church) submit to the man (christ) because the man submits to Christ (God.)

Look at the passage. Paul is really saying only the Messiah is both man and God.

I understand that. I disagree with most people here. I mean to lead no one astray, but I see our Savior speaking about Himself and what the Prophets said and then the Apostles speaking about their 1st hand knowledge of Jesus, their growing from infantile behavior into the most beautiful expression of Gods' love the world has ever seen.
This is why our Lord warned about being caught off guard. Not ready to meet Him properly. It happens in life as we go along.
I do hear believers worry about the state the planet is in and it is sad.
I believe the OT scriptures were fulfilled by Jesus and He wanted gentiles along with Jews to continue living by faith and by the Messiah defeating death we have every reason to believe Him. That's what they all said.
They also said He's descending the next time in fire that enfolds the entire planet. Since this is true, the beast must have been among believers in someway all along, because judgment comes from the word the Messiah previously spoke and His conquering all mankind could do helps us not to fear.

Yes and also to take it away.

Including His own flesh, meaning death has no power over Him. His body is The Temple where His Father is.

Meaning as the gospel was preached, God expected sinners to repent and He would forgive them. We know what God requires, so if the repentant sinners agree, He gives them in marriage (oneness) to the Messiah.

It's no different from the "Paul is demeaning to women" nonsense. Hey, it even says Jesus has a head...right? Problem is when we read the rest of the chapter, it becomes clear that the woman (church) submit to the man (christ) because the man submits to Christ (God.)

Look at the passage. Paul is really saying only the Messiah is both man and God.

I mean... isn't 1 Corinthians 11:3 a bit like a hierarchy? The top is God, below God is Christ, below Christ is men, then women.

3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

No He wasn't. Jehovah assigned them leaders and under the law any group of judges determined many matters. Even capital offenses.

Why did our Father give one man the right to judge all mankind and wicked spirits from beginning to end?
He tells us the veil where God was hidden is symbolism for the flesh of Christ. Does your theology understand nobody but Jehovah was behind that curtain?

I have't been visited by JWs' for a long time and have never been answered about things I'm showing you. Do they still visit with the little green monster?
The 144,000 will be judging as well alongside of Christ.
I meant in heaven-OT Jehovah was the only judge.
What is a little green monster?

God’s indignation and wrath is executed by whom He appointed to be judge. God did not appoint Himself in that role, but the man Jesus.

Matt 3:17- God approved Jesus)-- What if Jesus failed?
And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased (Matt. 3:17 NKJ)

God identifies Jesus and says He is well pleased. Nothing suggests God's pleasure is the result of a Judgment of Christ's obedience. You are reading into this scripture what is not there. Taking it out of context, to invent a pretext.

The impeccable character of Christ rules out disobedience to the Father.

"And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." (Jn. 8:29 NKJ)

Jesus' love for the Father rules out He can be disobedient:

"But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here. (Jn. 14:31 NKJ)

As a man Christ was tempted like we all are yet without committing any sin because His impeccable character was never in danger of choosing to do wrong.

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. (Heb. 4:15 NKJ)

Satan tempting Christ doesn't imply Jesus was capable of sinning, only that Jesus has genuine free will to choose.

To conclude otherwise is to ignore the obvious self-delusion that misled Satan to believe it could be proven to the heavenly court God makes mistakes and therefore does not have the right to rule as Sovereign God.

That explains why you can't find scriptures that Christ had to prove His obedience. The scriptures you cited are all directed to us.

You made this mistake about Christ because you don't know who He is:

He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.(Jn. 1:10 NKJ)

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back