Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Jesus could have been disapproved.

Rev 20:4-- given power to judge.
That little green bible is 1000,s of times better than any trinity translation. trinity translations by satans will through wicked men who had no right removed Gods name where God willed it because God wants it there. So every religion gets to show whose will they support on the matter of God's name in his bible where he put it in over 7000 places because he wants it there.
No, if He wanted it there it would be there. What God does "want there" is truth about His chraracter.
Satans will= remove Gods name to mislead. Yet the ones mislead condemn the ones who loved God enough to support his will on that matter by putting his name back.
Actually no person of even normal intelligence would claim to know the vowels needed to pronounce a name they never heard because it ceased being spoken before they were born.

There's nothing wrong with saying God, or LORD in scripture instead of YHVH .

There is something wrong with teaching people that if you don't belong to a JW church you aren't saved. That is heresy.

No, if He wanted it there it would be there. What God does "want there" is truth about His chraracter.

Actually no person of even normal intelligence would claim to know the vowels needed to pronounce a name they never heard because it ceased being spoken before they were born.

There's nothing wrong with saying God, or LORD in scripture instead of YHVH .

There is something wrong with teaching people that if you don't belong to a JW church you aren't saved. That is heresy.
It is there. The New world translation. Condemned by the ones who don't love God enough to support his will on his name in his bible where he put it.

Rev 20:4-- given power to judge.
That little green bible is 1000,s of times better than any trinity translation. trinity translations by satans will through wicked men who had no right removed Gods name where God willed it because God wants it there. So every religion gets to show whose will they support on the matter of God's name in his bible where he put it in over 7000 places because he wants it there. Satans will= remove Gods name to mislead. Yet the ones mislead condemn the ones who loved God enough to support his will on that matter by putting his name back.
The Watchtower removed God's name from Philippians 2:11

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil. 2:9-11 NKJ)

In the addendum of the NWT they claim to translate the Greek kurios as "Jehovah" whenever the OT is quoted and the Divine Name appears. Philippians 2:10-11 is quoted from the OT and the Divine Name appears there:

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.
23 By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24 Only in Jehovah, it is said of me, is righteousness and strength; even to him shall men come; and all they that were incensed against him shall be put to shame.
25 In Jehovah shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory. (Isa. 45:22-25 ASV)

Therefore, the NWT should translate kurios in Philippians 2:11 as:

and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Jehovah, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil. 2:9-11 NKJ)

Just as Isaiah prophesied so it is happening: "to Jesus/Jehovah shall men come, and all they that were incensed against Him shall be put to shame"

17 But he looked upon them, and said, What then is this that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, The same was made the head of the corner?
18 Every one that falleth on that stone shall be broken to pieces; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will scatter him as dust. (Lk. 20:17-18 ASV)

Last edited:
The Watchtower removed God's name from Philippians 2:11

9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil. 2:9-11 NKJ)

In the addendum of the NWT they claim to translate the Greek kurios as "Jehovah" whenever the OT is quoted and the Divine Name appears. Philippians 2:10-11 is quoted from the OT and the Divine Name appears there:

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.
23 By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
24 Only in Jehovah, it is said of me, is righteousness and strength; even to him shall men come; and all they that were incensed against him shall be put to shame.
25 In Jehovah shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory. (Isa. 45:22-25 ASV)

Therefore, the NWT should translate kurios in Philippians 2:11 as:

and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Jehovah, to the glory of God the Father. (Phil. 2:9-11 NKJ)

Just as Isaiah prophesied so it is happening: "to Jesus/Jehovah shall men come, and all they that were incensed against Him shall be put to shame"

17 But he looked upon them, and said, What then is this that is written, The stone which the builders rejected, The same was made the head of the corner?
18 Every one that falleth on that stone shall be broken to pieces; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will scatter him as dust. (Lk. 20:17-18 ASV)
Your in error. LORD does not belong in the OT-YHVH belongs in every spot of it.
Yes God gave Jesus the name Jesus which is above every other name( except Gods name obviously) Only one greater could give him that name.
No Gods name does not belong at Phil 2:11
Jesus is not Jehovah.
Psalm 110:1, quoted at Matt 22:44 proves Jesus is not Jehovah.

If he did choose to sin he would have been disapproved forever.
That is like building a portfolio on: "If he could throw a rock and hit the moon we would be rich". No, you'll be bankrupt betting on what will never happen.

Your in error. LORD does not belong in the OT-YHVH belongs in every spot of it.
Yes God gave Jesus the name Jesus which is above every other name( except Gods name obviously) Only one greater could give him that name.
No Gods name does not belong at Phil 2:11
Jesus is not Jehovah.
Psalm 110:1, quoted at Matt 22:44 proves Jesus is not Jehovah.
From my perspective, YHWH belongs in the OT, not in the NT because the original Greek mss doesn't use Yahweh. I believe in divine preservation; If God wanted His name Yahweh to be in the NT, it would be.

I use God's name in prayer, praying "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name" and I think about everything that means, including that His Name is Yahweh.

But its not in the Greek. We didn't take it out, God didn't put it there.

As for the New World Translation committee, they made the rule. Any NT passage quoting the OT where the divine name appears, they put it in the NT. But they didn't follow that rule in Philippians because they didn't like what the passage says when they do that.

However, they are guilty of a false dilemma. The apostles made heavy use of the Septuagint Greek Translation in the New Testament. The Divine Name YHWH does not appear in the Greek Septuagint, therefore the SLANDER the Church took the name out of the NT is false. A lie. It was never there. Regardless how early Greek copies of the NT are, the tetragrammaton does not appear.

I repeat. God didn't use the divine name in the NT. He has His reasons. To me, its sinful to change scripture against what God has delivered to us.

Last edited:
kjw47 ,
We wander from what's really important to God and when that happens, we begin involving ourselves with questions that don't matter.

Many people before Moses lived knew God without having heard the name YHVH. When Moses wrote the Torah, he instructed Joshua to teach it to the Israelites, so they must have know the correct pronunciation, but today no one could know without special revelation, as Moses actually heard God speaking to him.

Many centuries have passaed without anyone on earth knowing the exact pronuncuation of YHVH, but many over that span have known God.

I'm only trying to show you the heresy of the JW sect of the Christian faith over such a trivial matter. People who truly believe God forgives the repentant will be saved whether they ever heard His proper name or not. That's just all over scripture and I proved it with scripture above.

And my point in sharing this with you is that if the ministers in your congregation are telling you that the Messiah could have failed...then scripture can broken. The OT says the Messiah will prevail,

scripture cannot be nullified. Jn.10:35 NWT
scripture cannot be broken; Jn.10:35 KJV

Now, could Jesus have been disapproved?

That is like building a portfolio on: "If he could throw a rock and hit the moon we would be rich". No, you'll be bankrupt betting on what will never happen.
I already said i know 100% he would never sin. I said he could have used his free will and chose to sin, its why satan tempted him at his weakest point( 40 days fasting)-the righteous like Jesus use their free will and choose not to sin.

From my perspective, YHWH belongs in the OT, not in the NT because the original Greek mss doesn't use Yahweh. I believe in divine preservation; If God wanted His name Yahweh to be in the NT, it would be.

I use God's name in prayer, praying "Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name" and I think about everything that means, including that His Name is Yahweh.

But its not in the Greek. We didn't take it out, God didn't put it there.

As for the New World Translation committee, they made the rule. Any NT passage quoting the OT where the divine name appears, they put it in the NT. But they didn't follow that rule in Philippians because they didn't like what the passage says when they do that.

However, they are guilty of a false dilemma. The apostles made heavy use of the Septuagint Greek Translation in the New Testament. The Divine Name YHWH does not appear in the Greek Septuagint, therefore the SLANDER the Church took the name out of the NT is false. A lie. It was never there. Regardless how early Greek copies of the NT are, the tetragrammaton does not appear.

I repeat. God didn't use the divine name in the NT. He has His reasons. To me, its sinful to change scripture against what God has delivered to us.
The Greek mss was translated from Catholicism translating. They kept Gods word in latin until at least the 1300,s. Before Jerome( who had originals)translated the latin Vulgate he told the Catholic leader Gods name belonged in the NT in the spots quoted from the OT.

The tetragramation wasn't spoken for thousands of years. No one on earth remembered how to pronounce YHVH. How did the the men who translated the New World Translation know how to pronounce YHVH?
God remembered and through holy spirit guides his into ALL truth. And yes they did speak the name. At least once a year at one of the Jewish festivals they spoke Gods name. Jesus knew the name as well and shared it and promised to keep on making it known( John 17:6,26)

kjw47 ,
We wander from what's really important to God and when that happens, we begin involving ourselves with questions that don't matter.

Many people before Moses lived knew God without having heard the name YHVH. When Moses wrote the Torah, he instructed Joshua to teach it to the Israelites, so they must have know the correct pronunciation, but today no one could know without special revelation, as Moses actually heard God speaking to him.

Many centuries have passaed without anyone on earth knowing the exact pronuncuation of YHVH, but many over that span have known God.

I'm only trying to show you the heresy of the JW sect of the Christian faith over such a trivial matter. People who truly believe God forgives the repentant will be saved whether they ever heard His proper name or not. That's just all over scripture and I proved it with scripture above.

And my point in sharing this with you is that if the ministers in your congregation are telling you that the Messiah could have failed...then scripture can broken. The OT says the Messiah will prevail,

scripture cannot be nullified. Jn.10:35 NWT
scripture cannot be broken; Jn.10:35 KJV

Now, could Jesus have been disapproved?
If he chose to use his free will and sin he would have been disapproved forever. He was a mortal while on earth, perfect, but so was Adam and Eve and 1/3 of the angels who chose to use their free will to sin and are disapproved forever. Like Jesus, 2/3 of the angels use their free will not to sin.

I already said i know 100% he would never sin. I said he could have used his free will and chose to sin, its why satan tempted him at his weakest point( 40 days fasting)-the righteous like Jesus use their free will and choose not to sin.
That is believing Satan instead of Christ. According to scripture Satan is delusional:

not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. (1 Tim. 3:6 NKJ)
The metaphor refers to the clouding of the mind and judgment of a person as the result of becoming conceited because of such a rapid advancement.-
Blight, R. C. (2009). An Exegetical Summary of 1 Timothy (p. 177). SIL International.

Christ always does what pleases the Father:

"And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." (Jn. 8:29 NKJ)

Therefore, the hypothetical "He might choose to do what does not please the Father" does not exist.

Jesus' character is impeccable. Although tempted like us on all points, He is without sin:

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. (Heb. 4:15 NKJ)

Its plainly stated God does not lie. Arguing He could if He wanted too is like saying I could hit the moon with a baseball:

"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Num. 23:19 NKJ)

God does not take on human flesh. And if He did, there would be no weakness or struggle or challenge at all for Him.
That’s another reason the Trinity is false.

That is believing Satan instead of Christ. According to scripture Satan is delusional:

not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. (1 Tim. 3:6 NKJ)
The metaphor refers to the clouding of the mind and judgment of a person as the result of becoming conceited because of such a rapid advancement.-
Blight, R. C. (2009). An Exegetical Summary of 1 Timothy (p. 177). SIL International.

Christ always does what pleases the Father:

"And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." (Jn. 8:29 NKJ)

Therefore, the hypothetical "He might choose to do what does not please the Father" does not exist.

Jesus' character is impeccable. Although tempted like us on all points, He is without sin:

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. (Heb. 4:15 NKJ)

Its plainly stated God does not lie. Arguing He could if He wanted too is like saying I could hit the moon with a baseball:

"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Num. 23:19 NKJ)
God doesn't lie. Jesus is Gods son, not God, He is created. ALL sons are created by their father. All created beings made in Gods image has free will. Jesus is the FIRSTBORN of all creation. Created direct, first and last, all other things created THROUGH Jesus.

God doesn't lie. Jesus is Gods son, not God, He is created. ALL sons are created by their father.
All sons are also the same nature as their fathers. Can you provide one example of a human son whose father isn't human or vice versa?

Jesus is the FIRSTBORN of all creation.
Which means he has preeminence and all the rights as a firstborn son, not that he is created.

Created direct, first and last, all other things created THROUGH Jesus.
Except that the Bible never says "all other things" were "created THROUGH Jesus;" it says "all things were created through him," or rather, the Son.

So would His Father,

As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. Psa18:30.

It's not possible.
Jesus isn't God. He was a perfect mortal on earth. LORD does not belong at Ps 18:30--YHWH Or YHVH belongs.

Back