Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus has saved us; we have the Holy Spirit; Now What?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
There are more interesting matters to see under the flesh pile. We have to burrow down into the Word to see what's there and what's behind it. Few are allowed to go there, even though it's as plain as DAY.

In reality Jesus is both FRIEND and FOE to all of us who believe. Few know Jesus as their FOE, Jesus AGAINST my flesh, against MY SIN. I love that side of the Word, and welcome my FOE, Jesus, with open arms, as He has shown me in His Words. You see I desire the defeat of my foe. Therefore Jesus is the FOE of my own flesh, because of the ADVERSARY. I accept His FOE aspect to my flesh, and more importantly, the workings of HIM against the adversary therein. Is He really then MY FOE, or the FOE of the Adversary? There is a Divine Block that is set there that most will not step into, because it contains a deep offense to the FLESH. But you are very close to seeing it, in the above.

That is the entire point of the Gospel my dear. The DEFEAT of our FOE. That's what it's all about.

The flesh man won't look there because the FOE, we carry in our own hide. If we study the methods of the defeat of the FOE, we will always see the FOE RAISED prior to defeat. That sight the flesh man will run from. Just as any of you do when saying "too much credit" to the FOE or "don't pay attention" to the FOE or "Satan has been defeated" because that is NOT the case, yet.

But it will be, at the end.
Jesus is the enemy of the enemy in you. The adversary is in your flesh so Jesus is your foe in that sense.
Okay.

You say:
Is He really then MY FOE, or the FOE of the Adversary?

Come on Smaller, Jesus is the foe of the adversary.
Look at it in that simple way.

Now write a whole paragraph explaining to me how Jesus FREED you from the FEAR of having that adversary within your personal space, or within your flesh, as you would say.

I have to leave now, but I'd love to really see this and I'd love to see you stop talking about the Foe and the Adversary and speak more about Jesus and how the VICTORY will be won.

When we burrow down too much, it's hard to get back out. I know. I've tried.

Reality is reality Smaller. It'll be real whether we give glory to Jesus or to the other one.
Nothing will change.
Except we'll be giving glory to Jesus.

W

Jesus is the enemy of the enemy in you. The adversary is in your flesh so Jesus is your foe in that sense.
Okay.

You say:
Is He really then MY FOE, or the FOE of the Adversary?

Come on Smaller, Jesus is the foe of the adversary.
Look at it in that simple way.

I remind my adversary of his forthcoming fire quite often in the engagements of temptation. It's the most powerful weapon there is. So, yes, I deploy the weapons given by Jesus to do so.
Now write a whole paragraph explaining to me how Jesus FREED you from the FEAR of having that adversary within your personal space, or within your flesh, as you would say.

The FEAR I have, and it's rightful FEAR is of God in Christ. Knowing that He is the enemy of my adversary and that HE CAN arouse that adversary. I know this from experience. And yes, this is not the normal gratuitous fear that everyday christians mouth.

I know the terror of God, just as Paul knew of it for himself, here:

2 Corinthians 5:11
Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
I have to leave now, but I'd love to really see this and I'd love to see you stop talking about the Foe and the Adversary and speak more about Jesus and how the VICTORY will be won.

Well, of course you would. That is what the adversary likes us all to see.

I do not fear ANY WORD of God, even the Words that others fear and insulate themselves from in their flesh.

For many long centuries christians have insulated themselves from those Words and directed them to others. That is in fact a working of the adversary in the flesh. A deception, if you will. Quite common.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back