Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus supports Gay rights

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
although I dislike that particular passage, I will accept it, although it goes against 1 of the 10 commandments......

SO back onto topic...

Jesus is against homosexuality, right... However, if someone chooses not to follow his wisdom and path, then so be it, they know theyre punishment will come right?

so why is there such a huge deal over people being homosexuals? Why is there such an outcry to stop this behavior, yet SOO many other things are allowed to be broken.

Why are people allowed to break sabbath?
it says not to kill? but to kill in other ways. Why do we allow people who have sex before marriage, to get married? Why do we allow people to be other religions!!! heck, thats the biggest one it seems.

Graven images?? hello?! why do we DARE allow people to be football stars, rock stars, American Idols??

SputnikBoy said:
Actually - in fairness - Jesus never said a word about homosexuality ...

well, explicitly. He did dislike Sin, and Homosexuality is apparently a sin so.

peace4all said:

As is eating shellfish and wearing clothblends.

Solo said:
Moniker,
Are you a homosexual?

Typical Solo ...! Someone makes a pertinent point and you come back with one of your typical cliches. Monica is absolutely correct with what she said! Why don't you respond to her comment?

And, what business is it of yours whether she is or isn't a homosexual?

peace4all said:

I repeat, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality.

SputnikBoy said:
Typical Solo ...! Someone makes a pertinent point and you come back with one of your typical cliches. Monica is absolutely correct with what she said! Why don't you respond to her comment?

And, what business is it of yours whether she is or isn't a homosexual?
Who's Monica?

Moniker is a male, and the question is legitimate. Your perspective is off a little. Perhaps you should rest a while.

I am a guy, and I'm not a homosexual; whatever relevance that has to anything.

You're not coming on to me, are you Solo?

SputnikBoy said:
Actually - in fairness - Jesus never said a word about homosexuality ...

SputnikBoy said:
I repeat, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality.

He never said anything about pedophilia either. Fact is, you won't find that sin directly addressed at all in scripture.
So that's ok because it's not mentioned?

When intergenerational sex becomes tolerated, and it will, christians will be hard put to refute it simply on the premise that it's not mentioned except possibly through sexual immorality. When these people start "coming out" your argument may very well be the spearhead to put down christian objection to the practice. Remember, sexual tolerance is being taught at a very early age and when that young generation grows to adulthood what they've learned won't be forgotten.

PotLuck said:
He never said anything about pedophilia either. Fact is, you won't find that sin directly addressed at all in scripture.
So that's ok because it's not mentioned?

When intergenerational sex becomes tolerated, and it will, christians will be hard put to refute it simply on the premise that it's not mentioned except possibly through sexual immorality. When these people start "coming out" your argument may very well be the spearhead to put down christian objection to the practice. Remember, sexual tolerance is being taught at a very early age and when that young generation grows to adulthood what they've learned won't be forgotten.

Potluck ...I don't necessarily disagree with you. It's just that someone said, "Jesus said ..." and I responded accordingly that He actually DIDN'T say. I know there are any number of things that the Bible doesn't refer to specifically that we know are wrong. The thing is, however. that we oftentimes choose our own favorite 'wrongs' to condemn while turning a blind eye to others.

SputnikBoy said:
Potluck ...I don't necessarily disagree with you. It's just that someone said, "Jesus said ..." and I responded accordingly that He actually DIDN'T say. I know there are any number of things that the Bible doesn't refer to specifically that we know are wrong. The thing is, however. that we oftentimes choose our own favorite 'wrongs' to condemn while turning a blind eye to others.

OK, Understood.

Like shacking up. The PC term is co-habitation. This is something I rarely if ever see debated by anyone anymore. It's been so long accepted by society that it seems not to even be an issue any longer. Yet, it's consequences are witnessed daily on many daytime TV court shows and still nobody really cares.

The things we debate today will seem tame or inconsequential as time goes by. In this respect sin becomes "normalized" and in many cases acceptable even by those professing to be christians.

This is the conditioning process. It happens gradually over a period of time. I think the old adage on the conditioning process goes something like this:

Put a frog in cold water and he'll swim around.

Put a frog in hot water and he'll jump out.

Put a frog in cold water gradually heating the water to boiling and he'll die.

This is pretty much what has happened to western civilization.

PotLuck said:
Like shacking up. The PC term is co-habitation. This is something I rarely if ever see debated by anyone anymore. It's been so long accepted by society that it seems not to even be an issue any longer. Yet, it's consequences are witnessed daily on many daytime TV court shows and still nobody really cares.

The things we debate today will seem tame or inconsequential as time goes by. In this respect sin becomes "normalized" and in many cases acceptable even by those professing to be christians.
Here is how I see it. People today want to know "why?" People use to accept answers like "Because my reading of a holy book says so." However, they do not accept such answers today. This is probably because there are so many people with contradictory messages that come from the same holy book, that people try to work out the issue for themselves.

So if co-habitation is bad, then it has to be explained to be bad in secular terms for people to agree. Religious assertions to "badness" are heavily questioned in today's society.

Steve said:
I support Father whatzisname. I do not believe in 'excluding' anyone for who or what they are.

Could be. In any event, the church shouldn't be a 'clique of saints' but a place where fellow sinners meet with a Christ-centered objective in mind.

Statan

this is satanic speach..it's discusting to think about it...

GOG said no this is evil ..

look at their end ..hell

Re: Statan

mick75 said:
this is satanic speach..it's discusting to think about it...

GOG said no this is evil ..

look at their end ..hell

Nice to know that you are the gatekeeper to heaven and hell. Tell me, which one am I going to enter oh infallible one?

And, Solo, I actually am curious as to what relevance my sexual preference had. Sorry if it wasn't quite clear as a true question. I promote and support gay rights even though I'm straight just as I promote and support civil rights though, I'm white and believe strongly in feminism, even though I'm a male. What does this matter?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back