Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Jesus the Man from Heaven !

Gabriel was a Man !

Dan 9:21

Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

Now was He made of Flesh and Blood ? Was He born of a woman ? The Answer is No to both questions. Neither was Christ in His Pre Incarnated form as Mediator Man 1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Gabriel was a Man !

Dan 9:21

Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

Now was He made of Flesh and Blood ? Was He born of a woman ? The Answer is No to both questions. Neither was Christ in His Pre Incarnated form as Mediator Man 1 Tim 2:5

5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Now that is a point worth tucking away for later. :)

Rom 5:14

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

The word figure is important here. It is the greek word typos:

the mark of a stroke or blow, print

2) a figure formed by a blow or impression

a) of a figure or image

b) of the image of the gods

3) form

a) the teaching which embodies the sum and substance of religion and represents it to the mind, manner of writing, the contents and form of a letter

4) an example

a) in the technical sense, the pattern in conformity to which a thing must be made

b) in an ethical sense, a dissuasive example, a pattern of warning

1) of ruinous events which serve as admonitions or warnings to others

c) an example to be imitated

1) of men worthy of imitation

d) in a doctrinal sense

1) of a type i.e. a person or thing prefiguring a future (Messianic) person or thing

He was the Image of Him who was to come, which was Christ. Now the word Image :

a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.

When Adam was created, He was made with a Physical Body that was formed out of the dust of the ground. Actually this indicates he was created after a pattern [Physical] already existing in Heaven. This means someone existed in heaven at the time of Adam's creation with a body of whom Adam's body was a similitude of ! Now who could this being had been ? Who was the First Man ever born ? Job 15:7

Art thou the first man that was born? or wast thou made before the hills?

I believe the First Man here is the Firstborn of every Creature Col 1:15, who was born before the Hills Prov 8:25

25Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:

The word brought forth can also be translated " to be born"

I cannot believe that adam who was a man made out of the dust, was the very first man with a body, neither the first man. The honor the body shall receive as an effect of the redemptive work of Christ, Phil 3:20-21, makes it agreeable that the body of man had its beginning in Heaven with the God Man Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

To be made in the Image of God's Son, to include the Glorification of the body, for Adam to be the First with a body,gives him the preeminence over Christ in that regards, if Christ [as God Man Mediator] had not existed prior to Adam with a body. No not a flesh and blood body, but a celestial, heavenly body fitted for life in the upper world, with God and the Holy Angels.

Scripture is no where definite that Christ did not preexist with a body before His incarnation . Yes, Christ was given a body acceptable for His Purpose of dying for the sins of the elect, but that was a body of humiliation, prepared by God Heb 10:5, for the purpose of obedience unto death Phil 2:5-8. The body Christ would have possessed before creation as God Man Mediator would not have been appropriate for that task or purpose !

Phil 2:5-6

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

1 Tim 2:5

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Christ in His Mediatoral manhood existence before the incarnation was not technically God, but was in the form of God, there is a difference ! The word form is the greek word morphē which means:

the form by which a person or thing strikes the vision

2) external appearance

This expression " in the form of God" is not about Christ's Deity as God, because if that was the case, then it would not be appropriate to say He existed in the form of God, but that He existed as God, as expressed in Jn 1:1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So in the character being described in Phil 2:5-6, Christ Jesus was not God, but He was a being Exalted over the Created Angels of God.

Another crucial point about this description of Christ in His preincarnate form here is this, that at that time He was Christ Jesus! This is so because of how Paul worded the comment, he wrote, speaking of Christ's preincarnate humility, "Let this mind be in you[Believers], which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Now clearly this humble thinking was done before His actual incarnation, the thought process occurred while being in the Form of God, prior to being made into the form of a servant. So He did not become Christ Jesus through the Incarnation, but held that name and title before being made like a Servant. This is because He existed in the form of God, as God Man Mediator, Christ Jesus 1 Tim 2:5

As well as as Head of His Body the Church, in which they [His Body and it's members] were given and received Grace in Christ Jesus [Their Head and Mediator] before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This proves that the Man Christ Jesus actually existed before the world began, or how was Grace given His Seed or His Church in Him at that time ?

The Son of God

The Unique Person of the Universe.
Jesus Christ, the Second Person, is the only visible member of the Trinity (John 1:14, 18; 14:9). He is known as God the Son and the Lord Jesus Christ. His title, "Lord." Which is [Kurios] in the Greek and Yahweh in the Hebrew (often said as Jehovah), proclaims His deity. "Jesus", which is to be translated, “Savior†is the name of His humanity and signifies His redemptive work on our behalf (Matt. 1:21). The designation "Christ" meaning "the Anointed One" or "Messiah", indicates His offices of Prophet, Priest, and king to Israel.
As the unique person of the universe, Jesus Christ possesses two natures that are in separately united in “hypostatic union†without loss or mixture of separate identity, without loss or transfer of properties or attributes, the union being personal and eternal. He is undiminished deity and true humanity in one person forever (Romans 1:2-6; Phil. 2:6-8; 1 Tim. 3:16). He bears every attribute of deity and is eternally related to the other two members of the Trinity (Isaiah 46:16; John 1:1-4; Hebrews 5:5).

I consider it blasphemy for someone to suggest that Jesus Christ is an angel. An angel is a creature, created by God, just like you and I are creatures.

The work of God accomplishes on our behalf occurs in three phases: phase one salvation; phase two is the Christian way of life; and phase three is eternity. All three members of the Trinity contribute to make salvation a reality: God the Son, the second Person of the Trinity agreed to be sent by God. the Father, the first person of the Trinity, into the world by means of the virgin birth, to become true humanity, and to pay the penalty for sin (John 3:16; 6:38). The Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Trinity, would be to agent of the Son's conception. (Luke 1:35) and sustain Him throughout His life on Earth (Matt. 12:18, 28; Luke 4:1, 14, 18; John 3:34; Acts 10:38).
The virgin pregnancy resulted in the birth of the unique person of the universe; Jesus Christ is God and man in one person forever (Luke 2:11). Different from God, Jesus Christ is true humanity; different from humanity, Jesus Christ is undiminished deity. Because of the virgin pregnancy, the humanity of Jesus Christ was born perfect, without a sin nature.

This is a case of the creator lowering himself to the level of his creation, that he may die in our place so that we can be raised to the sphere of his glory.

The Mediator of Men, Christ Jesus !

Did Men in Adam, at Creation need a Mediator ? If He did, who was it ? If He did not, why not , did not God foresee the sin of men in Adam ? Would God not have been prepared for it ? Some say that the unfallen Adam needed no Mediator, but is this True ?

1 Tim 2:5 Mediator !

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

When scripture presents Christ as Mediator, He is only the One Mediator, and He is the Mediator, and Testator of the New or Everlasting or Better Covenant of Grace Heb 8:6

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

Heb 12:24

And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Heb 9:15-17

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

Now since Christ is the Lamb slain from or before the foundation of the world, His Mediatorship covers all of Time, redeeming all of God's Elect from the curse of the Law and bringing them to God. This includes the OT Saints, and since the Blood of Christ that redeems both Testament Saints is also called the Blood that purchased the Church of God Acts 20:28, then the Saints of Both Testaments comprise the Church of God.

They all are as Isa writes Isa 43:21

21This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise.

These only or alone can be the men that Christ is the Mediator unto in 1 Tim 2:5, its His Church, His Israel of God ! The Sheep of the Covenant !

Heb 13:20

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Jesus Christ the same !

Heb 13:8

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

What does this mean ? It informs us that He has been the Mediator, the Man Christ Jesus [ 1 Tim 2:5] in all dispensations of men, yes during the patriarchal period, the prophets, and now the gospel era. Many have blindly and mistakenly believed that Jesus Christ first came into being by means of Mary and the virgin birth, however that is error, but that is when He was manifested 1 Jn 3:8 and when He took on the seed of Abraham in the flesh Heb 2:14-16, but before that, He had His Mediatoral Manhood, just not in flesh and blood before the incarnation. Now how is it that we should know that Christ Jesus was a Man before His Incarnation, and even before the world began ? Because He was established or set up [anointed] from Everlasting as the Mediator between God and Men Prov 8:22-31; 1 Tim 2:5 and this being True, He was the Man Christ Jesus !

Establishing a sacred fact !

Establishing a sacred fact !, that Christ Jesus, the God-Man Mediator, did pre exist as God-Man before the virgin birth, even before the world began.

2 Cor 8:9

9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

It would not be feasible here that Christ's Deity, His Divine Being as God, did pass from being rich to being poor. Nor did God properly speaking in any way become the form of a servant as per Phil 2:7, however the Mediator Man Christ Jesus did become poor after having been rich in Glory, and in this rich state He did exist in the Form of God Phil 2:6, and for all intents and purposes shared the same rank of equality with God !

We believe Christ referred to this Glorious Rich existence when He stated this in Jn 17:5

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

God was not His Father in His Deity, but as he was the begotten Mediator Man , and in that capacity He was Rich in Glory. The Glory here Jesus refers to is not His Inherent Glory as God, the Word, but an communicated Glory as Mediator of men, the Election of Grace or as the head of the Body the Church, as the Firstborn of Creation Rev 3:14 ! Also note as stated earlier, when He existed in the form of God as Mediator Christ Jesus, His Deity cannot be in view, because His Deity is not in the form of God, but is God !

Establishing a sacred fact !, that Christ Jesus, the God-Man Mediator, did pre exist as God-Man before the virgin birth, even before the world began. (savedbygrace)

Jesus was not man until He came to earth as a child of the Holy Spirit through the woman Mary. Show me a scripture that shows Jesus as man before He came to earth?

John O

Eph 3:9 establishes the fact that Jesus Christ, the God-Man Mediator did exist before the Creation, for as Mediator, God Created the world through Him, as the Medium of Creation !

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Now, If Christ is and was Mediator as stipulated here 1 Tim 2:5

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

As Mediator, He would be the medium the channel by which Creation was made, and He had to exist to be Medium and Mediator ! And if He existed as Mediator, then it was as the Man Christ Jesus, for He is the One Mediator ! Also as Mediator He ratified the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, which means He gave sanction, consent and approval, that He would be Surety ! This would have been settled before Creation !

Eph 3:9 establishes the fact that Jesus Christ, the God-Man Mediator did exist before the Creation, for as Mediator, God Created the world through Him, as the Medium of Creation !

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Now, If Christ is and was Mediator as stipulated here 1 Tim 2:5

As Mediator, He would be the medium the channel by which Creation was made, and He had to exist to be Medium and Mediator ! And if He existed as Mediator, then it was as the Man Christ Jesus, for He is the One Mediator ! Also as Mediator He ratified the Everlasting Covenant of Grace, which means He gave sanction, consent and approval, that He would be Surety ! This would have been settled before Creation !

Sorry my bad worded what I meant to say badly. What I am trying to say is that Jesus did not become human flesh until He came to earth, He was always the mediator between God and man but did not complete the fulness of that role until He came to earth, became like man and died for our sins.

John O

If Christ was Mediator before the World began, which He indeed was, for the World was made by Jesus Christ Eph 3:9

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: See Jn 1:3 also !

The He was Mediator in full capacity , Prophet, Priest, and King, and Surety before the World was, which all was part of His Mediatoral Glory before the World was Jn 17:5

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Now as Priest, He was fit in every way, though not yet given Himself in obedience to the death of the cross, which obedience was needed to fit Him in that capacity Heb 2:10, Yet based upon His agreement with the Father in the Eternal Counsel of the Everlasting Covenant, He was slain in Purpose before the foundation, having agreed to be Surety of the Transgressions of God's [The Father] Chosen, whom would Transgress after being created in their Natural Head Adam, for it is written1 Cor 15:49

And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

That the Elect would bare the image of both men, was part of His Eternal Purpose and decree !

However once Jesus Christ in the Eternal Counsels before Time, did agree to be Surety, then any wrong doing by the Chosen in Him, would be immediately charged to Him, and the Father looked solely to Him for reparation, leaving them free of legal condemnation, because of Covenant agreement, and so the Father out of Divine Justice could not charge His Elect with sin and condemnation legally speaking, and so Paul writes Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Christ died because He was condemned in the place of the elect based upon His Mediator-ship and Surety-ship of the Everlasting Covenant or the Eternal Counsel Eph 3:11

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Christ Jesus the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

Thats why He could make the Covenant agreement before the world began in the Everlasting Covenant, because He was the Man Christ Jesus then , the Mediator between God and Men !

If Christ was Mediator before the World began, which He indeed was, for the World was made by Jesus Christ Eph 3:9

Christ Jesus the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5

!

Is not our God awesome it is a privilege to serve our God together. Well written.

John O

I was daily His Delight !

Prov 8:30-31

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Wisdom saith, I was daily His Delight ! Who is this Wisdom ? What is this Wisdom ?, What is God's Delight in this wisdom ?

This Wisdom is Christ Jesus, the preincarnate Christ, the Mediator of the Everlasting Covenant between God and Men, The Elect, or the Sons of Men as here called !

Now that Christ is this Wisdom is no novelty, for we believe the scripture affirms the same here 1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

And no doubt this is a stumblingblock to many ! He is The Wisdom of God as being setup before the World began as the Mediator between God and Men 1 Tim 2:5

There must be a God and Mediator before there will be a World, for twas God's design that it be inhabited with Men before He Created it Isa 45:18

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

The Earth was Created within a Divine Purpose centered in Christ Jesus and a Redemptive Purpose from sin Col 1:14-17

14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he[Christ the Wisdom of God] is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Now what is God's delight in this Wisdom ? He was God's enjoyment and that always.

And the Pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His Hand, that was God's delight from all Eternity with the Sons of men Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

This word pleasure means:

delight, pleasure

the good pleasure

The word also means and is translated Purpose as in Ecc 3:1

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

His coming into the World in due time to be a offering for sin was linked to God's good pleasure and purpose Heb 10:4-10

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

5 Wherefore when he [Wisdom] cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I[Wisdom], Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Yes, before the World and Earth was created, this Was God's Pleasure, For Christ the Wisdom of God to give His Life for the Sons of Men, the Covenant People !

I was daily His Delight !

Prov 8:30-31

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Wisdom saith, I was daily His Delight ! Who is this Wisdom ? What is this Wisdom ?, What is God's Delight in this wisdom ?

This Wisdom is Christ Jesus, the preincarnate Christ, the Mediator of the Everlasting Covenant between God and Men, The Elect, or the Sons of Men as here called !
!

Jesus the mediator for all some embrace Him many reject Him yet He died for all.

John O

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever

Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Do we see what Christ says here ? Many who lack understanding, takes this statement of Christ here to merely mean, that He is the only way to God the father as it pertained to Him then while speaking, and afterwards, but that is a mistake, for He has always, since the beginning of the World hath the only way to God, because He was always the Mediator between God and Men 1 Tim 2:5

He has been that ever since there were men,m beginning with Adam ! That is in fact what His words mean here in Jn 14:6, that He has always been Mediator !

He was made known of here Gen 3:15, and one of the seed elect gave evidence of having been taught that way by his sacrifice Heb 11:4

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

This sacrifice made it known that Abel knew that Christ's , the coming seed, that His sacrifice was the only way to God and acceptance with Him ! God had showed him His Covenant !

And, following him [Abel] all the true men and women of faith gave evidence of knowing the way, through the seed of the woman, later revealed as Abraham's seed, and later David's seed. Yes even Job had been given to realize the way, the Redeemer Job 19:25

For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Job here is speaking about Jesus Christ ! and he understood that He even then existed or was living ,up in Heaven !

Peter wrote that men of old believed in God by Him [Jesus the Mediator] 1 Pet 1:20-21

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

All OT Saints knew that their Salvation was contingent upon the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, for what did the Old Saint speak here when he held the babe in his hands ? Lk 2:25-32

25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

What Salvation ? The Salvation the prophets foretold 1 Pet 1:10

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Now was it not made evident that Simeon's Faith had rested in Christ ? Or why would he say what he did in vs 30 !

No other name had been given under Heaven whereby men must be saved, even old Simeon could testify of that fact ! Yes, the same Salvation Simeon testified of in the babe Christ, is the same peter refers to here in Acts 4:12

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Jn 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Again savedbygrace57,

The Lord Jesus Christ NOT 'truly man, truly angel and truly God'. That has the affect of making Christ neither man, God or angel.

AD 457 Chalcedon creed: We, then, following the holy Fathers, all with one consent, teach people to confess one and the same Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, the same perfect in Godhead and also perfect in manhood; truly God and truly man, of a reasonable [rational] soul and body; consubstantial [co-essential] with the Father according to the Godhead, and consubstantial with us according to the Manhood; in all things like unto us, without sin; begotten before all ages of the Father according to the Godhead, and in these latter days, for us and for our salvation, born of the Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, according to the Manhood; one and the same Christ, Son, Lord, only begotten, to be acknowledged in two natures, inconfusedly, unchangeably, indivisibly, inseparably; the distinction of natures being by no means taken away by the union, but rather the property of each nature being preserved, and concurring in one Person and one Subsistence, not parted or divided into two persons, but one and the same Son, and only begotten God (μονογενῆ Θεὸν), the Word, the Lord Jesus Christ; as the prophets from the beginning [have declared] concerning Him, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself has taught us, and the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us.

Notice 'the Creed of the holy Fathers has handed down to us. . .' The reason for this Christological statement was a defence against the heresy. You may quote scripture (which version I'm not sure) until you are blue in the face - but Christ is not the Archangel Michael and the true Church has never believed nor taught that he is.

To summarise: Christ is 'truly man, truly God.'

Last edited by a moderator:
Back