Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Jesus&TheRapture

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Depending on what is meant by "world", there may indeed be continuing worldly history following the resurrection.
Well more by what is meant by history.

That old song go it right,

When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound and time shall be no more

I dont pretend to know if 'time will be no more' absolutely but it certainly will not have the same relation to us as it does currently and has since the Garden.

Because;

The morning breaks eternal bright and fair

Each resurrection has its own hour of fulfillment. It doesn't happen at the same time.

However, there is a time after the Millennium, when the wicked dead for all time will be resurrected to stand in judgment and also the dead who have had faith in Jesus Christ since the first resurrection. But the righteous Church will be resurrected before the Millennium, for we shall be among those who judge, govern and bring these people to faith in Christ.
If you can support that with what Jesus said I'll believe it.

If you can support that with what Jesus said I'll believe it.

There is no discrepancy. Read what Jesus said and then read what all of scripture says. There is a time when the righteous are resurrected (the first resurrection) and then the time when the wicked are raised (the second death). Neither are at the same time.

The first resurrection takes place before the Millennial Reign, and we the Church reign with Christ at that time.

Revelation 20:5 NLT
This is the first resurrection. (The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years had ended.)

The second resurrection takes place after the Millennial Reign.

Nowhere does it say that the righteous and the wicked are raised together. That is an inference that people who misunderstand eschatology make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there can be no contradiction and Jesus spoke directly to the iussue of resurrection and this thread is conserned with what Jesus personally said wrt rapture theories anything he said should be adequate.
You sound as though Jesus is unreliable Jason, perhaps Jesus said something that doesnt quit fit your program?

But if our Lord addressed a given issue shouldnt that be our begining point for comparitive study?

no. i disagree with your point.

didnt jesus and the holy spirit tell John via visions what was coming?

if jesus spoke to john in visions and also nearly a century earlier made those statements.

you only focus on what you want to say. quote jesus and then also revalation 20-22 and then compare.

they should be the same in the endtimes.

if not..

i disagree with the idea that its all done in a.d. 70.

and the world is getting bettter. when we still have slavery, the mass murders etc.

evil is still here. and i also dont buy calvinism at all.

i asked you about if what you say is true then surely men who did what luther and calvin did surely they could read for themselves and believe and go forth and take world by suprise.

show me one nation.. one nation.

i even gave you one. and we americans were that experiment. and sadly we have fallen from that calling we espoused ourselves just like the brittish and other european nations.

its always been a minority that has really done this, not the large amounts.

i dont see what you say. God didnt come to save "govts, cultures, and languages" but men and women, girl and boy.

the world is a sinking ship and we must be aware of that.

the bible says it plainly the world is passing away.

Jhn 16:33 - These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

no. i disagree with your point.

didnt jesus and the holy spirit tell John via visions what was coming?

if jesus spoke to john in visions and also nearly a century earlier made those statements.

you only focus on what you want to say. quote jesus and then also revalation 20-22 and then compare.

they should be the same in the endtimes.
If there is a confict it is because of your interpretation not because Jesus was mistaken.
if not..

i disagree with the idea that its all done in a.d. 70.

and the world is getting bettter. when we still have slavery, the mass murders etc.

evil is still here. and i also dont buy calvinism at all.

i asked you about if what you say is true then surely men who did what luther and calvin did surely they could read for themselves and believe and go forth and take world by suprise.

show me one nation.. one nation.
First I still have no idea what you're asking here, second this thread is conserned with quotes from Jesus Christ and how they support rapture theories. If you dont care to post within that parameter start your own thread and post what ever you like.
i even gave you one. and we americans were that experiment. and sadly we have fallen from that calling we espoused ourselves just like the brittish and other european nations.

its always been a minority that has really done this, not the large amounts.

i dont see what you say. God didnt come to save "govts, cultures, and languages" but men and women, girl and boy.

the world is a sinking ship and we must be aware of that.

the bible says it plainly the world is passing away.
To keep with the thread and quote Jesus ;

Matthew 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

You know, I definitely do believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ but I have no idea when He will come. I mean, He may very well come before a massive tribulation and rapture up all the believers to Heaven but then again it could be that all Christians will go through a massive tribulation and then Jesus will come back and judge everyone. I really have no idea. I do know that He is coming back though and I hope I'm ready. :)

You know, I definitely do believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ but I have no idea when He will come. I mean, He may very well come before a massive tribulation and rapture up all the believers to Heaven but then again it could be that all Christians will go through a massive tribulation and then Jesus will come back and judge everyone. I really have no idea. I do know that He is coming back though and I hope I'm ready. :)

That is all that matters. Blessings to you.

Yup. Jesus will return at ecxactly the right moment.

You are invited to support whatever view you hold of the 'rapture' by quoting Jesus Christ as recorded in the inspired Word of God.

Take care

Hitch
John 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Hmmmmmmm Looks like Jesus forgot about the rapture ,,,again.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back