Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
No other revelation?
Are you sure this time?

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows his handy work.
The Prophecies of the Gospel in the Stars also.
I didn't think you were aware.
Still, graphic or written. Same Word through and through.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech,
And night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language,
Where their voice is not heard.
Ps 19:2–3.

Careful there because ones believing is their act, a work,
Believing is the very thing you are to 'do' to become righteous. And that is clearly and unequivocally contrasted with all other things you could do to become righteous.

5 ...to the one who does not work, but believes... Romans 4:5

You can see 'believing' and 'works' are being contrasted, not equated with each other. Believing is the one and only thing that you 'do' to become righteous. You can not become righteous by doing righteous works and rituals. That is the works justification gospel condemned in scripture.

No other revelation?
Are you sure this time?
God is not pumping out new doctrine. And definitely not through the Catholic church.

The Apostle John was instructed to seal up prophetic revelation, not doctrine, that he had received about what will happen in the end times, which is to remain sealed until the time of the end. That in no way constitutes some imagined calling and power of the Catholic church to invent new doctrines. The doctrine of justification and salvation was complete with the appearing of Christ and the Apostles and the gospel of grace 2000 years ago.

jethro B

Believing is the very thing you are to 'do' to become righteous.

I disagree, I believe Jesus done what needed to be done to make people righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous

jethro B

I disagree, I believe Jesus done what needed to be done to make people righteous Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous
Believing in what he did is how one becomes righteous. As opposed to doing righteous deeds and rituals to become righteous.

Believing in what he did is how one becomes righteous. As opposed to doing righteous deeds and rituals to become righteous.
Oh No, It says that many shall be made righteous by the obedience of One Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Oh No, It says that many shall be made righteous by the obedience of One Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Yes, that's what it says. Everybody knows this.

You are made righteous by the obedience of the one BY BELIEVING IN IT.

Yes, that's what it says. Everybody knows this.

You are made righteous by the obedience of the one BY BELIEVING IN IT.
False, one is made righteous by the Obedience of one Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Yes, your believing is what makes you righteous, not your righteous works.
And you must remain a believer to the very end in order for the righteousness that comes from God and delivers from death to remain in you.

You believe God's promise and become righteous. You do not work to become righteous. Just as that was true of Abraham, our example of "righteousness apart from works" (Romans 4:2, Romans 4:3, Romans 4:6, Romans 4:23-24).

If you disagree with that, list the work(s) that Abraham did in order to become righteous, and where it says that in the Bible.
That’s works!

Volition is the very definition of works

Choose = works

What happened to grace alone???

Made righteous by grace???

Suffering for Christ, patiently enduring hardship without sinning, doing all kinds of righteous rituals and works in holiness, is not how a person becomes righteous. That is the works justification gospel condemned in scripture. A person becomes righteous on the basis of believing the promise of God regarding his Son. Just as that was true of Abraham, our example of how we, also, are made righteous by faith in the promise apart from works (Romans 4:23-24).
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Christ’s name sake is righteous!

What about the saved while still alive part? Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13 and many others

The Prophecies of the Gospel in the Stars also.
I didn't think you were aware.
Still, graphic or written. Same Word through and through.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech,
And night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language,
Where their voice is not heard.
Ps 19:2–3.
You also can’t read
The heavens declare the glory of God
Not only 4 thousand years ago, or 2 thousand years ago but even today the heavens declare (revelation) the glory of God!

Two ways
Their great Beauty
Truth, goodness, and beauty are from God!
And because they are well ordered, follow certain laws showing there must be a supreme being who created and ordered them!

It’s documented in scripture but it disproves the doctrine of “scripture alone”!

What about the doctrine “the sufficiency of scripture?

You swallowed that one too?

..through faith.

That is exactly what Calvinism teaches, and which no one disputes. Except you for some reason.

The obedience of the one is applied to the sinner through faith.
Its by Christs Faith/Faithfulness that many are righteous, by His One Rom 5:19

You adding something man does to the equation !

Men suffer from their first cry at birth to their last rattle at death.
Not suffering alone
But for the sake of Christ in union with God thru grace!

Phil 1:29 not “faith alone”! Called to suffer

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Rev 2: 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Why not I know Thy faith?
Reward according to youre faith?

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind (lacking) of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

What’s lacking, our participation!

Now what about being saved while still alive? Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13 and too many more to mention

jethro B

According to your understanding or interpretation all men have eternal salvation?

Since you have an interpretation you are an authority, and your doctrine is the “Bible is the only authority!” You adding to scripture
Best leave that book closed on the table cos only then can it be the Bible alone!

That refers to redemption not salvation
All men are redeemed but not all will be justified, sanctified and saved

Can a born again Christian go to hell?

Can you be saved without a priest?

Thanks

God is not pumping out new doctrine. And definitely not through the Catholic church.

The Apostle John was instructed to seal up prophetic revelation, not doctrine, that he had received about what will happen in the end times, which is to remain sealed until the time of the end. That in no way constitutes some imagined calling and power of the Catholic church to invent new doctrines. The doctrine of justification and salvation was complete with the appearing of Christ and the Apostles and the gospel of grace 2000 years ago.
I never said anything about new revelation or doctrine
The church has no authority to create new doctrine only to safeguard the sacred deposit of truth revealed by Christ Jude 1:3

This Apostolic Church never turned from the way of truth nor held any kind of error. It is imperative that nothing of the truths which have been defined be lessened, nothing altered, nothing added, but that they be preserved intact in word and meaning. This is the true rule of faith.

Pope Agatho

You also can’t read
The heavens declare the glory of God
Not only 4 thousand years ago, or 2 thousand years ago but even today the heavens declare (revelation) the glory of God!

Two ways
Their great Beauty
Truth, goodness, and beauty are from God!
And because they are well ordered, follow certain laws showing there must be a supreme being who created and ordered them!

It’s documented in scripture but it disproves the doctrine of “scripture alone”!

What about the doctrine “the sufficiency of scripture?

You swallowed that one too?
What doctrine has creation declared that is not revealed in our Bibles? What doctrine has the Catholic church declared that is not in our Bibles?

Back