Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Christ’s name sake is righteous!

What about the saved while still alive part? Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13 and many others
Suffering does not make you a righteous person. Only the forgiveness of God and the imputation of his righteousness received by faith in the promise does that. The grace of his forgiveness and righteousness then being what produces the patient suffering of the kingdom. Catholics got it backwards and say the patient suffering and obedience to rituals and good deeds is what makes you righteous. It's a works religion.

If it's not by faith or works that I get his righteousness, then how do I get it???????
Those for whom Christ died for, they receive righteousness by imputation, God charges it to their account. Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Rom 4:6

Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

You also can’t read
The heavens declare the glory of God
Not only 4 thousand years ago, or 2 thousand years ago but even today the heavens declare (revelation) the glory of God!

Two ways
Their great Beauty
Truth, goodness, and beauty are from God!
And because they are well ordered, follow certain laws showing there must be a supreme being who created and ordered them!

It’s documented in scripture but it disproves the doctrine of “scripture alone”!

What about the doctrine “the sufficiency of scripture?

You swallowed that one too?
I suppose you are not aware.

You post Psalms 19 but don't understand.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech,
And night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language,
Where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world.
In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
And rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven,
And his circuit unto the ends of it:
And there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul:
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart:
The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever:
The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold:
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned:
And in keeping of them there is great reward.
12 Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse thou me from secret faults.
13 Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me:
Then shall I be upright,
And I shall be innocent from the great transgression.
14 Let the words of my mouth,
And the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight,
O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Ps 19:1–14.

3 He healeth the broken in heart,
And bindeth up their wounds.
4 He telleth the number of the stars;
He calleth them all by their names.
Ps 147:3–4.

There are trillions and trillions of stars and other celestial objects in the sky. And each one has been named by God. Imagine if you can the immensity of the Mind of God to do such a thing. Imagine the mind of Adam to name the hundreds of thousands of animal names and other species of creeping thing, mammal, reptilian, insect, etc.

With God names have meaning. The name of a star has meaning. A group of stars in a constellation describe a sentence. And each star and constellation reveal the prophecies of the gospel of God to man concerning His Son. Out of the known 88 constellations known to man in the sky God had place a star-Bible, if you will, that revealed to Adam and his children the prophecies of the coming Redeemer. Since man did not know to read a graphic star-Bible in the sky expressed to our early descendants the Promise of God to His people. Such a star-Bible enabled Enoch to prophesy the second coming of the Lord with thousands of His saints before the first coming. What it comes down to is that God had placed the story of the Redeemer in the stars. And although such knowledge was lost after the flood this knowledge is again being revealed.

So, it's not only the Holy Writ God has preserved through the centuries for His people this star-Bible is also part of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. And the Scripture records many prophecies concerning Israel's Messiah in the stars.

But I thought you were aware of this but by your reaction and words I believe I was incorrect.
Whether in the stars or in script no man is able to mutilate or corrupt the Word of God to His people. And that word is found in the Authorized Version King James Bible/Book. The heavens do not declare the glory of God by virtue of their creation and existence. The stars actually speak to God's people the Gospel of God concerning His Son.

Not suffering alone
But for the sake of Christ in union with God thru grace!

Phil 1:29 not “faith alone”! Called to suffer

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

1 pet 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Rev 2: 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Why not I know Thy faith?
Reward according to youre faith?

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind (lacking) of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

What’s lacking, our participation!

Now what about being saved while still alive? Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13 and too many more to mention
Ah...but not all men have faith.

Only those to whom God has granted faith in order to believe after conversion.

For when the grace of God has been given to a person in absence of a person seeking God for Scripture says no man seeks God, THEN everything related to salvation follows.
It is a gift of God lest any man boast.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Eph 2:8–10.

Salvation is of the LORD, as Jonah said.

Man is passive in salvation. There is no "accepting Jesus into your heart." That is a lie.

30Then he brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31They replied, “.... Acts 16:30-31

Do nothing?
Is that what they said?
You chaged the subject. My witness is that many are made righteous by the obedience of Christ. Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

You appear to be at variance with this truth.

You chaged the subject. My witness is that many are made righteous by the obedience of Christ. Rom 5:19

The substance of what makes us righteous is the work of Christ on the cross. We know that. We receive the grace of what Christ did on the cross by believing in it.

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we havea peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we stand. Romans 5:1-2

The substance of what makes us righteous is the work of Christ on the cross. We know that. We receive the grace of what Christ did on the cross by believing in it.

1Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we havea peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we stand. Romans 5:1-2

Yes, that's what it says. Everybody knows this.

You are made righteous by the obedience of the one BY BELIEVING IN IT.
That be my point that we have to choose to be involved obey etc.
his point is it don’t apply to “all men” only many, but he is wrong cos it refers to redemption and not salvation
Thanks

Obviously you dont know, Christs obedience alone made many righteous Rom 5:19

For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Christs obedience made many righteous Rom 5:19

Now the Justified after they are born again and given Faith by the Spirit, they receive the knowledge of it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back